AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 22:02   Link #1081
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Ideal ending. Foreshadowing from s1? Maybe not but I can dream.

Spoiler for Yui ending:

And I'm rewatching ep 10 of Motto TLR, in particularly the 1st and 3rd segment (this is what would happen if no one intervened).
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:11   Link #1082
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Don't forget though, 4 chapters in also translates to 4 months in. It IS a monthly series, so our chapters are by default a bit longer and more involved then a weekly or bi-weekly. That being said I don't really feel it has moved to far at all, its really just resetting the old series. I mean sure there is this Mea/Yami plot going on, but as a whole it has been about recasting our old and beloved characters as well as introducing Mea. Beyond her introduction, the only thing that has happened that isn't relationship advancement is Mea's master dispatching someone (some kind of Assassin) to Earth.

Speaking of which, how do you think its gonna play out? I would not mind at all seeing Momo getting pissed and actually throwing down. They have hinted that of the sisters she is the one to truly inherit their fathers strength. Not the, I am a great athlete kinda strength that Lala has, but the I am going to conquer the universe kind.
I was talking about the characters and their development. There have already been numerous changes/improvements. Just not used to seeing that from TLR.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:22   Link #1083
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Yui was freakin awesome this chapter. She freakin nailed it. This chapter reminded me why Yui won by a landslide in my personal rankings for the first series. She was, as Momo accurately put it, on fire this chapter. It also confirmed that Yui's still number one in my book, which I was unsure of since Momo's been awesome lately.

As a Yui fan this was a real treat, and I hope we get more Yui chapters.
This is the freakin truth. She was absolutely adorable this chapter. It was a big step for her to admit to herself at least that ecchi things don't make someone bad. I knew she was still my favorite, and this chapter was why. But there's still one problem, which is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Having read it again. Sure enough Yui was game, but the hitch in Momo's harem plan was Yui's "as long as you don't it with any other girl" snag.
This. That seems like it'll be hard for Momo to overcome, cause something like that is probably something Yui feels strongly about.

But besides, doesn't she know Rito and Lala are already together too?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:24   Link #1084
Direwolf18

Quote:
I was talking about the characters and their development. There have already been numerous changes/improvements. Just not used to seeing that from TLR.
True, but it is TLR, any character development at all is kinda shocking. You are absolutely correct in that we have gotten more character development in 4 monthly chapters then we did in 100+ weekly chapters of TLR. Think about it, that is YEARS we are talking about.

But for that reason alone, while I was a fan of the old series, I wasn't chomping at the bit for the new chapter releases like I am now.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:31   Link #1085
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
This is the freakin truth. She was absolutely adorable this chapter. It was a big step for her to admit to herself at least that ecchi things don't make someone bad. I knew she was still my favorite, and this chapter was why. But there's still one problem, which is...
Her Win factor was off the charts. I was leaning twords the middle in terms of Yui vs. Momo(my personal top 2), but as of this chapter I'm firmly back on Yui's side. Just needed to see some new content for her. I hope we get more of it. You're right, though, she took a big step forward for her. Her closed mind is slowly starting to open up bit by bit.

@Direwolf: I think that's why I'm having that feeling. Rito has changed more in 4 chapters than he did in 100 of TLR1. Same with Yui. She was remarkably stubborn in the first series, yet practically invites Rito 4 chapters in. Don't get me wrong, I love the new pace, I just have to get used to it.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:44   Link #1086
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I would like to see how Momo will try to get Saki into the harem, since she's head over heels for Zastin. I'm not even sure Momo's aware of that tbh.
I'm hoping this will happen as well cause I actually really adore Saki quite alot, I think she's a lovely take on the ojou-sama persona.
Hell I'd put her as a top 5 fav no probs.

But man is Momo-chan just dangerous,from the plants that can affect you in different ways, to her devilish thinking and her cute-ness makes for one dangerous package overall.

"Should I consider enrolling her as a harem candidate...?"

*and best female character ever goes to........*drum roll*........MOMO-CHAN!*

Congrats on winning the internet!

Oh and awesome Yui chapter, I loved her being so forward! Amazing!

and what you know we got a look at what Mikan-chan will be like in a few years
Old 2011-01-06, 22:48   Link #1087
Xagzan

Quote:
Her Win factor was off the charts. I was leaning twords the middle in terms of Yui vs. Momo(my personal top 2), but as of this chapter I'm firmly back on Yui's side. Just needed to see some new content for her. I hope we get more of it. You're right, though, she took a big step forward for her. Her closed mind is slowly starting to open up bit by bit.
Well don't get me wrong, I still adore Momo. She became my 2nd favorite towards the end of the first series, but now she's a 100x stronger number 2. God does that girl get turned on. I bet her mouth wasn't the only thing drooling

But yeah, Yui's just first for me, plain and simple. And her mind definitely has opened a bit, but I still have a bad feeling about the little thing she said. I mean, if she doesn't know Rito and Lala are together, then those two aren't as much in a relationship as I'd like them to be. And if she does know, how could she expect him to not do stuff with anyone but her?

But either way, I don't see how Momo can change her mind about monogamy. Getting her to just admit her feelings has been a near impossible fight itself, but polygamy? I dunno, got a bad feeling about it. Because in a series like TLR, if the serious girl says she doesn't want him fooling with anyone else, you know that's gonna be...well, serious, and very easily a potential problem for Momo and the other girls.

On the other hand, if Momo can manage to bring even Yami over to a polygamous harem willingly, then there's a chance for Yui too. Time will tell with that.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:00   Link #1088
wingman32x

Quote:
Well don't get me wrong, I still adore Momo. She became my 2nd favorite towards the end of the first series, but now she's a 100x stronger number 2. God does that girl get turned on. I bet her mouth wasn't the only thing drooling

But yeah, Yui's just first for me, plain and simple. And her mind definitely has opened a bit, but I still have a bad feeling about the little thing she said. I mean, if she doesn't know Rito and Lala are together, then those two aren't as much in a relationship as I'd like them to be. And if she does know, how could she expect him to not do stuff with anyone but her?

But either way, I don't see how Momo can change her mind about monogamy. Getting her to just admit her feelings has been a near impossible fight itself, but polygamy? I dunno, got a bad feeling about it. Because in a series like TLR, if the serious girl says she doesn't want him fooling with anyone else, you know that's gonna be...well, serious, and very easily a potential problem for Momo and the other girls.

On the other hand, if Momo can manage to bring even Yami over to a polygamous harem willingly, then there's a chance for Yui too. Time will tell with that.
Momo's stock has risen sharply in my books, too. Lol yeah, I love how turned on she gets. Only Momo can drool about her love interest screwing someone other than her .

With Yui, you have to take baby steps. She was unbelievably stubborn in the first series, so Yui even thinking about that stuff is a huge improvement. You're right, though. The hard part comes next. I think it's a bit too early to put a lot of stock into what Yui said. Sure, it's going to be tough to get her to open up, but I don't think it's going to be too impossible. Regardless of what happens, It'll take a LOT of work.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:11   Link #1089
Xagzan

Quote:
Momo's stock has risen sharply in my books, too. Lol yeah, I love how turned on she gets. Only Momo can drool about her love interest screwing someone other than her .
Makes you wonder actually, how Lala would react. We've never really seen her in a situation like that. Well we've never seen anyone but Momo in a situation like that, but you get my point. We know Lala's for a harem with Haruna at least. But how might she react? Hmm. Wonder if Momo's eagerness there runs in the family heh. Well, not with Nana of course.

Quote:
With Yui, you have to take baby steps. She was unbelievably stubborn in the first series, so Yui even thinking about that stuff is a huge improvement. You're right, though. The hard part comes next. I think it's a bit too early to put a lot of stock into what Yui said. Sure, it's going to be tough to get her to open up, but I don't think it's going to be too impossible. Regardless of what happens, It'll take a LOT of work.
I hope so. I'm gonna be rooting strong for Momo to convince her. I wonder what measures she might take to do so I think a repeat of this chapter's Yui holding Rito on top of her, but this time also putting a ready and willing Momo on the bed to "guide" Yui, would work wonders.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:23   Link #1090
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Speaking of which, how do you think its gonna play out? I would not mind at all seeing Momo getting pissed and actually throwing down. They have hinted that of the sisters she is the one to truly inherit their fathers strength. Not the, I am a great athlete kinda strength that Lala has, but the I am going to conquer the universe kind.
The only way I see this happening is if Rito gets seriously hurt in the crossfire of the entire "Darkness" plan with Mea and her Master or something. And I have to agree. Even if she doesn't quite have the power that Lala has displayed throughout the manga, Momo makes for a more dangerous opponent in comparision to her older sister, since she has shown to be a lot more capable in utilizing her talents and has shown actual bloodlust.

Quote:
I think you're just looking at this the wrong way. Now that Yui's become more open with her feelings, there needs to be a different distraction/another problem that will keep their relationship from advancing in leaps and bounds. Not to say that this won't be a tough huddle to overcome, but it's not like it's impossible for Yui to get over these issues herself with a little help.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:27   Link #1091
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

But man is Momo-chan just dangerous,from the plants that can affect you in different ways, to her devilish thinking and her cute-ness makes for one dangerous package overall.
I think Momo had her hand on a certain place when she thought Rito and Yui were about to get it on. omg gotta love the little devil.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:51   Link #1092
wingman32x

Quote:
Makes you wonder actually, how Lala would react. We've never really seen her in a situation like that. Well we've never seen anyone but Momo in a situation like that, but you get my point. We know Lala's for a harem with Haruna at least. But how might she react? Hmm. Wonder if Momo's eagerness there runs in the family heh. Well, not with Nana of course.

I hope so. I'm gonna be rooting strong for Momo to convince her. I wonder what measures she might take to do so I think a repeat of this chapter's Yui holding Rito on top of her, but this time also putting a ready and willing Momo on the bed to "guide" Yui, would work wonders.
I don't really know. I hope at that time she would realize what's going on, but sometimes she makes me wonder. She can be naive to the point of stupid sometimes. I don't think there's a "hidden Momo" inside Lala. Momo seems like she just likes sex. I'm almost positive she's the only sibling with that trait.

Momo will do some very fun things to Yui. They won't be fun to Yui...at first, but she'll come around eventually .
Old 2011-01-07, 00:17   Link #1093
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I think you're just looking at this the wrong way. Now that Yui's become more open with her feelings, there needs to be a different distraction/another problem that will keep their relationship from advancing in leaps and bounds. Not to say that this won't be a tough huddle to overcome, but it's not like it's impossible for Yui to get over these issues herself with a little help.
Possibly. I hope they don't go back now to just having her freak out the same way every time Rito does something ecchi.

Quote:
I don't really know. I hope at that time she would realize what's going on, but sometimes she makes me wonder. She can be naive to the point of stupid sometimes. I don't think there's a "hidden Momo" inside Lala. Momo seems like she just likes sex. I'm almost positive she's the only sibling with that trait.
Meh, I still like Lala. She's just the sweetest thing there is, and that makes her very endearing to me. Whether she's dumb or not. But she's gotta find out Momo's plan sooner or later. And I find myself really anticipating that, almost as much as Yui's future confession scene.

Quote:
Momo will do some very fun things to Yui. They won't be fun to Yui...at first, but she'll come around eventually .
That would sure bring the plan around to home base smoothly. Now I smell a doujin. Get on it, artists!
Old 2011-01-07, 00:27   Link #1094
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
The hard part comes next. I think it's a bit too early to put a lot of stock into what Yui said. Sure, it's going to be tough to get her to open up, but I don't think it's going to be too impossible. Regardless of what happens, It'll take a LOT of work.
All Rito has to do is take a firm stance as the next king of Deviluke and tell her that he wants to make everyone happy. Then mention how he knew she'd be against it due to her moral upbringing and say she'd probably be better off with someone like that.

Trust me, she'll come around REAL quick.
Old 2011-01-07, 00:31   Link #1095
wingman32x

Quote:

Meh, I still like Lala. She's just the sweetest thing there is, and that makes her very endearing to me. Whether she's dumb or not. But she's gotta find out Momo's plan sooner or later. And I find myself really anticipating that, almost as much as Yui's future confession scene.
I didn't say anything about not liking Lala. I agree with you. Rather than annoying me, Lala's ignorance has always cracked me up. Especially her unintentional exhibitionism lol . You would think after the first 1000 times she would figure that one out lol.
Old 2011-01-07, 01:10   Link #1096
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
All Rito has to do is take a firm stance as the next king of Deviluke and tell her that he wants to make everyone happy. Then mention how he knew she'd be against it due to her moral upbringing and say she'd probably be better off with someone like that.

Trust me, she'll come around REAL quick.
It depends on whether she doesn't want him looking at other girls due to morality, or because she wants to be the only one. If it's the latter, then I don't think she'll be fine with any harem plan.
Old 2011-01-07, 02:00   Link #1097
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I always imagined that Rito would end up with three wives. They will be Lala, Haruna, and Yui.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 02:02   Link #1098
Excorsism

Chapter 4 further reinforced my position on RitoxYui end. Damn the harem ending!
Old 2011-01-07, 02:38   Link #1099
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It depends on whether she doesn't want him looking at other girls due to morality, or because she wants to be the only one. If it's the latter, then I don't think she'll be fine with any harem plan.
The whole morality thing is just a front. Deep down she's just as kinky as Momo, only Yui can't flaunt it like she does because of her current position.

Even if Yui was selfish, she's madly in love with Rito, enough that she'd throw away her pride just to be with him. And considering the alternatives (loneliness, Saruyama, Principal), the decision becomes that much easier.
Old 2011-01-07, 02:41   Link #1100
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Momo-chan you little pervert <3

I think Yui should take Haruna's place as one of the two lead heroines. She fits the role so well.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen