AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 12:37   Link #61
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
4chan will definitely solve the problem, if they feel like solving it. Then again, it is the very bottom of the internet, with such... reputable skills, so they might do it because it seems like fun.

Also, about the napalm, there's a reason why Fight Club got banned in China. I think it was in the fist few pages that Tyler told the Narrator about how to make dynamite... I need to read that again.

All sorts of fun things you can make at home, but this isn't the best place for it.
Old 2011-04-19, 15:32   Link #62
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would like to go on record that putting a kid in jail and fining them ten thousand dollars (or its GBP equivalent, not sure what exchange rates look like right now) for being a stupid kid is pretty ridiculous.

Kids bully other kids at school all the time. Nothing like this ever happens to them, and that's up close and personal bullying--the kind that could easily come with a side order of ass-whooping! Online bullying is pure bullshit.

What's even bigger bullshit is that a fourteen year old is allowed to fucking use Facebook.

NO, goddamn it. You're too young for that shit. Go outside and play!

My child will have the best technology training an engineer mama can give her or him, but I will beat their precious little asses if I find them on facebook, myspace or twitter. The computer, the smartphone, the MID, they're not here so you can play Farmville for 10 hours a day. They're here so you can learn how to function in a tech-driven, information age world.

Seriously, a child should not be just dumped into this crap. They should be taught, should be eased into it. Should be armed with knowledge. A computer-savvy kid would never let angry comments on their Facebook wall affect them. They'd laugh it off and block the person.
Old 2011-04-19, 15:46   Link #63
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
4chan will definitely solve the problem, if they feel like solving it. Then again, it is the very bottom of the internet, with such... reputable skills, so they might do it because it seems like fun.
In b4 not your personal army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic
A computer-savvy kid would never let angry comments on their Facebook wall affect them. They'd laugh it off and block the person.
But if said bully is also local... well, then it's a whole different problem. Here it would be plain old-fashioned bullying, as opposed to just simple cyber-bullying.

But yep. This is why Internet applications have blocking features, in case of such crap.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-04-19 at 20:14. Reason: Sorry, but that link was just causing problems here.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 17:19   Link #64
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
My child will have the best technology training an engineer mama can give her or him, but I will beat their precious little asses if I find them on facebook, myspace or twitter. The computer, the smartphone, the MID, they're not here so you can play Farmville for 10 hours a day. They're here so you can learn how to function in a tech-driven, information age world.
As far as my general age group and friend circle is concerned, we don't go outside unless it's the 2 and a half hours of sports practice right after school. Afternoons dominated by homework limits your social activity to sitting in front of the computer with your homework, occasionally checking back on for whatever reason.

No one here goes outside anymore.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-04-19 at 20:12.
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:01   Link #65
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

It'd be nice if you'd respond to my points directly instead of sneakily doing it through the system-that-shall-not-be-named. Who knows, you might've convinced me otherwise if your argument was strong enough!

I know what kids do on facebook. I'm not stupid--I wasn't implying that all they do is play Farmville. I know most of what teenagers do on facebook is the same thing they do in reality--they talk about sex.

Which is/can be a bit worse than playing Farmville for ten hours a day as it could possibly attract pedobears.
Old 2011-04-19, 22:19   Link #66
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
I know what kids do on facebook. I'm not stupid--I wasn't implying that all they do is play Farmville. I know most of what teenagers do on facebook is the same thing they do in reality--they talk about sex..
Erm. I don't know about that. Well actually, I do know about that.

They don't.

Do you 'Facebook'? I very rarely see anything even remotely related to sex besides the occasional 'that's what she said'.
Old 2011-04-19, 22:26   Link #67
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Ooh. Saintess would do that?
Mustve been one loose-cannon kid. So much for listening to your parents "advice" on running away; you took the fight straight to em'!
When you stop answering a child's questions, he/she'll turn on you.

I was at the end of my tether to want to do something like that. Rational people don't resort to violence unless they are pushed really hard and nobody comes in to help them.

And most people are rational. Now you know where those Tunisian rebels come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Yeah why would you report someone who is harassing you and threatening you to the police, thats a stupid idea. *sarcasm*
For the lulz. That is why some people join the profession known as "lawyers" - they enjoy blowing up something trivial either for the sake of money or showing off their powress.

Besides, I love 4chan, although majority of the people there are trolls. Nonetheless, they represent the epitome of human capability when the option of "close coordination" is available.

Also, 4ch acts as a small natural cyberdefence for internet freedom- albeit they fight and quarrel amongst themselves if there is no major threat available to counter.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:33   Link #68
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Erm. I don't know about that. Well actually, I do know about that.

They don't.

Do you 'Facebook'? I very rarely see anything even remotely related to sex besides the occasional 'that's what she said'.
Maybe I am stupid, then. Or maybe I just don't have time for something as fucking moronic as Facebook.

Why don't you all answer me then, what do kids do on facebook if they're not chatting or playing Flash games?

Because my facebook-addict friends (who have hundreds of friends on fb each) assure me that people (especially teens) spend their time chatting or playing Flash games.

*facepalm*
Old 2011-04-19, 22:35   Link #69
Asuras
Dictadere~!

*shrug*

The personalities of your friends I suppose. Most times my friends utilize on facebook is chatting on my school community chat page or talking about their day. I'm not sure if they do many Flash games. If they do, I certainly don't hear much about it.

What makes you so spiteful of facebook?
Old 2011-04-19, 22:40   Link #70
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

This is getting off-topic. I think I might actually start a thread about social networking discussion.
Old 2011-04-19, 22:40   Link #71
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Only used FB to connect with long-lost classmates. 1 is in Germany, another is in London, and 1 is in KL. No wonder I don't see them around.
Old 2011-04-22, 14:32   Link #72
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
. A computer-savvy kid would never let angry comments on their Facebook wall affect them. They'd laugh it off and block the person.
If they post on your personal profile, easy: Just block them.
But they post on a public fan page. I'm an admin of a fan page, I can block them, but no matter how many times you block them, they make new nicks.
Old 2011-04-22, 14:58   Link #73
JC...
I am a Pie

What I don't understand, is why this happens fairly often. It's called a 'Friends list' for a reason not an 'Everybody you've spoken to list'.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 15:03   Link #74
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
If they post on your personal profile, easy: Just block them.
But they post on a public fan page. I'm an admin of a fan page, I can block them, but no matter how many times you block them, they make new nicks.
You can't block them by IP?
Old 2011-04-22, 16:50   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They just post from a variety of locations (and they often get minions in on the "fun" as well) ... seriously, a dedicated troller/bully can really only be stopped face-to-face ... exposure of their activities, turning them over to some higher authority, or arranging your own Hatfield-McCoy retribution.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:08   Link #76
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

I can't block IP, unfortunately.

My friend's counselor is writing a letter to the abuser's parents.

But it hasn't ended there, guys: This b!tch is impersonating my friend, her fanpage and her artwork everywhere. She used a fake fanpage trying to argue on MY page. Just banned her again.

The tactic they use is the dirties I've ever seen: When all other bullying fails, they pretend to flip the coin and blame all the wrong doings on my friends. They were the ones who wrote the threatening comment earlier, but now they say it's my friend who did so.

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2011-04-22 at 18:36.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 19:19   Link #77
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
I can't block IP, unfortunately.

My friend's counselor is writing a letter to the abuser's parents.

But it hasn't ended there, guys: This b!tch is impersonating my friend, her fanpage and her artwork everywhere. She used a fake fanpage trying to argue on MY page. Just banned her again.

The tactic they use is the dirties I've ever seen: When all other bullying fails, they pretend to flip the coin and blame all the wrong doings on my friends. They were the ones who wrote the threatening comment earlier, but now they say it's my friend who did so.
A letter, really...
Couple things here, now these are just my beliefs but this is getting just a little ridiculous. One, consolers I've learned though personal experiences are defiantly "bad at what they do" as my friend would put it. I mean seriously, a letter, thats the best you got? If you want this to go away as fast as possible get the police involved, now I know that some people are against that idea but here me out.

Now this has been going on for how long? Four days at least, not that long but bare with me. People are ignorant and arrogant, this is something we should all understand by now and they wont learn there lesson just by saying "hey, stop." Now Im assuming you've already have told her to stop what she is doing and leave your friend alone, seeing as how that is not working what is she going to do about it? Lets go to the consoler now and have him/her write a letter tot he abusers parents, sure that may work for now but how about later? If every person doing something deemed as wrong stopped and didn't do it again there would be very minimal crime, but as we all know thats not the reality we live in today. If you want your enemies to fear you, you have to use the "big guns".

Now I can understand that this abuser is a child, but who is to say that once this predicament is over that they wont continue to harass other people. You have to give a punishment that will make them realize what they are doing is wrong. If that means calling the police on a child then so be it. You should have nothing to worry about as long as you didn't do anything wrong. Heck get the media involved if you want, they eat this stuff up and make it seem like the abuser is the worst person in the world, and who are you? You are the person merely trying to defend a friend. You should have nothing to fear.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 20:29   Link #78
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

I also think a letter to parents is too weak, probably not effective in the long run.

But I have no clue how to get the media involved..

FB says regarding cyberbullying: "Cyberbullies often seek a reaction from the people they harass. When they fail to get one, they often give up gradually."
Do you think it will work?
Old 2011-04-22, 20:55   Link #79
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Whether it works or not at stopping the troll, completely ignoring it solves the problem.
Old 2011-04-22, 20:56   Link #80
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

All bullies seek a reaction. That's the whole point. They're trying to get a rise out of you. If you give them attention, if you react in any way, they're getting what they want.

It's why the best way to make them go away is to stop giving them what they want. Treat them as if they're not there. Ignore them. Pretend they don't exist. Eventually, they'll get bored and go bother someone else.

Even in the adult world, you encounter bullies. Petty people who compensate for their own insecurities by attacking others. But if their "victims" don't react the way they want, they'll get bored.