Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-03, 15:05   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBud View Post
What??
The bar owner did recognize him after he took out the thugs......
That part of the bar owner recognizing him BEFORE he took the bill is really irrelevant.

But see, the key thing here is that the bar owner only recognized him after taking the bill, which would indicate that he only recognized him due to whatever group the blind man is associated with. Perhaps it's just me, but if the old guy were really a gladiator then I'd think that any Dressrosa citizen who witnessed him during his arena heyday may have somehow recognized him instantly (if not by his face, then by his voice or something). But again, that's just me....
Old 2013-04-03, 15:16   Link #62
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBud View Post
What??
The bar owner did recognize him after he took out the thugs......
That part of the bar owner recognizing him BEFORE he took the bill is really irrelevant.
Whatever, I'm just saying it as a theory, a lot of it adds up if you connect it together.
The hell?
Your entire argument was about recognizing.

In fact the bar owner never did actually recognize him, but the BILL tipped off who he is.
You know, like the information on the bill ITSELF.
Old 2013-04-03, 15:20   Link #63
marvelB

^LOL, thanks once again to Aohige for articulating the point I was trying to make.
Old 2013-04-03, 15:23   Link #64
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Perhaps it's just me, but if the old guy were really a gladiator then I'd think that any Dressrosa citizen who witnessed him during his arena heyday may have somehow recognized him instantly (if not by his face, then by his voice or something).
Since Rebecca has already stated that the gladiator is mysterious (to the point were most assume he was a myth), why do you think anyone would recognize him (even if only by his abilities)? Somehow the figure has faded into history to such an extent that, besides the bust and plaque, no one really knows anything about him. His stats are apparent, and there have to be people alive that saw him fight, but yet he is still considered mythical and unknown and somehow forgotten (beyond the bronze statue).

I, personally, don't think anything can really be said about Kyros at this time. Consequently, everything can be said about him ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In fact the bar owner never did actually recognize him, but the BILL tipped off who he is.
It needn't tip off who the blind man is, only who the blind man is associated with (for example: it could say, "please send bill to Marine Headquarters", or "Dragon's Army", or "Rayleigh at Sabody", or "Doflamingo's Castle", or the "gladiatorial arena", etc. The information on the bill need not reveal anything about who the blind man is...though it's likely too.
Old 2013-04-03, 15:27   Link #65
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Count me in on the "Fire Fist Rebecca" for Straw Hat bandwagon!

That said, great chapter. Typical Luffy instantly forgetting he's Lucy, him going nuts on armour selection was awesome, too.
I'm hoping she gets the nickname "Flame Haired" instead of "Fire Fist" if she joins the crew. Seems a bit more fitting for her gender
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2013-04-03, 15:29   Link #66
Trax
Rock beats scissors

This chapter made me squeal with delight.

Seeing Burgess was a great surprise, and I'm looking forward to Bellamy getting squashed again. I'm betting he's in the same block as Luffy and just before getting knocked out will realize the deja vu.
Old 2013-04-03, 16:01   Link #67
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Lol@Burgess being a surprise.

And a gladiator that knows Iaido? Sounds fishy.

You guys give up about initial theories way too easily.
Reminds me of Obito and Yondaime days. SO OBVIOUS AND YET... people made crazy theories that had nothing to do with anything because it was way too obvious to be true lol
Old 2013-04-03, 16:28   Link #68
Undertaker

With Burgess into the picture, here's an idea that just popped in my head. Burgess could very well ends up eating the DF.

Considering that he is BB's 1st Division Captain, I that that Division Captain don't mean shit in WB, but it does seem to suggest that Marco was the right hand man for WB. So by that comparision Burgess should be consider something like hand-hand man or second-in-command for BB.

This create an interest matchup. If BB and SH are to meet that would pit Burgess against Zoro, and didn't Oda just made a semi big deal on PH about "fire-cutting" technique...
Old 2013-04-03, 17:10   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
With Burgess into the picture, here's an idea that just popped in my head. Burgess could very well ends up eating the DF.

Considering that he is BB's 1st Division Captain, I that that Division Captain don't mean shit in WB, but it does seem to suggest that Marco was the right hand man for WB. So by that comparision Burgess should be consider something like hand-hand man or second-in-command for BB.
I don't think so... from a drmatic stand point, a villain eating the mera mera fruit would just beg to be one of Luffy's vendetta's; a villain that, for the sake of Ace's memory, will be up to Luffy to defeat. And when it comes to the blackbeard pirates, Luffy's target is blackbeard himself.

Quote:
This create an interest matchup. If BB and SH are to meet that would pit Burgess against Zoro, and didn't Oda just made a semi big deal on PH about "fire-cutting" technique...
Nah... the Blackbeard pirates have a swordsman and Zoro is destined to fight the swordsman if crew has one... Frankly I think Burgess will end up being matched against Sanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
Rebecca for new straw hat member?
I'm still pulling for Lucy! That guy is hilarious! Simply pricessless when he thought he was luffy for a moment there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Considering that they have division now, I would say pretty big.

But now it looks like this Tournament could take a while with all the players announced, I'm not so sure now that Dofla is going to make out of this and join with Kaidou for a round 2 against Law and SH.
Eh, i'm not so sure... i mean all those named people don't matter as the tournament will be brought down to four contestants... Lucy, Burgess, Rebecca and Cavendish
... So its those 4, plus the doxioute family. So we got an 8 man tournament, plus a final match... could be fairly long, depending on how many chapters each fight gets. Though some might get one chapter or even half a chapter; if only to show off how insanely strong they are. If i had to guess i'd say those 4 will each be pitting against the family members, and then those who come out on top will be pitted against eachother, and the finalist will take on Diamante.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-04-03 at 17:22.
Old 2013-04-03, 17:15   Link #70
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder what hair color is Rebecca, for some reason when it comes to any female that is in a Gladiator armor, I imagine a blond for some reason.
Old 2013-04-03, 17:19   Link #71
marvelB

You know.... I even find it weird myself that I'm bringing this up, but.... if the whole factory destruction team (that of course means including Franky and Kinemon alongside the monster trio) were to participate in the tournament, who among them can you see facing off against all the people introduced these last 3 chapters? Excluding Lucy, my list would be something like:

-Zoro vs. "Neck-chopper" Slayman: Dude sounded like he's a pretty tough swordsman, so I'm kinda interested in seeing him and Zoro cross swords.

-Sanji vs. Cavendish: I think this one is self-explanatory.

Franky vs. Dagama/Elizabero II: Truthfully, the only reason I came up with this one is because Dagama was introduced as a military strategist, which may mean he can cook up various ways to counter Franky's powerful artillery. Not that it matters, though..... Franky wouldn't be able to compete anyway since firearms are prohibited.

-Kinemon vs. Chinjao Family: Like I said earlier, I'm wondering if both the Wano and Hana countries are related somehow? But even if they aren't these guys nonetheless seem to be rather capable martial artists, so they might be a good match for the Wano samurai. And at the very least, I want to see that old man in action.....
Old 2013-04-03, 17:42   Link #72
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Here's a crazy thought... What if Kyros is Rebecca's father, and he was killed by Doflamingo 20 years ago. And he became a myth because knowledge about him was censored or something. That would explain her being a gladiator, liking the statue and resentment towards Dofla.

And I'm already liking the idea of flame fist Rebecca. (for nakama!)
Old 2013-04-03, 18:25   Link #73
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I'm hoping she gets the nickname "Flame Haired" instead of "Fire Fist" if she joins the crew. Seems a bit more fitting for her gender
Flame-Haired Burning-Eyed Rebecca?
Old 2013-04-03, 18:27   Link #74
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Here's a crazy thought... What if Kyros is Rebecca's father, and he was killed by Doflamingo 20 years ago. And he became a myth because knowledge about him was censored or something. That would explain her being a gladiator, liking the statue and resentment towards Dofla.

And I'm already liking the idea of flame fist Rebecca. (for nakama!)
If that's the back story needed to get Rebecca on the team, then I'm all for it.
Old 2013-04-03, 18:39   Link #75
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

---

btw, is Rebecca actually smaller than Luffy?
They look about the same size, Rebecca might be slightly taller actually.

And I know I joke around a lot with the "X for Nakama" thing every chapter but I really like the idea of a Fire Logia Rebecca joining the crew now (like most people here).
Old 2013-04-03, 19:20   Link #76
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Is there a chance that Kyros is Gol D Roger?
Old 2013-04-03, 19:37   Link #77
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Hot Legs Rebecca
Old 2013-04-03, 19:54   Link #78
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
If she eats the fruit, and gains the nickname Rebecca "Burns when you pee" Clapp (only if Clapp somehow ends up being her surname), that will either be the most epic thing ever, or I'll stop reading One Piece after the epic facepalm. Still, Flame Haired Rebecca works, and the Burning Eye part would be equally awesome.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2013-04-03, 19:58   Link #79
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Bananas?
Cavendish is actually named after a real-life pirate, Thomas Cavendish.
it's still a type of banana!
Old 2013-04-03, 20:25   Link #80
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Is it just me, or the guy with the glasses with 100 mill reward is the same guy Luffy trash years ago? I thought Flamingo killed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
Rebecca for new straw hat member?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I was just thinking the same.
Flame Hair Rebecca
Seriously, she can't be Fire Fist, and that hair in flames would be epic.
Please Oda-sensei, make it so
I would love this and yes, I am bit bias towards a new female character to join the SH. We have enough males!

But Rebecca needs a weird personality or a habit to be unique on the crew.