AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-09-19, 06:10   Link #681
sayde

Wow. That almost felt like some major Alucard inspired $*** by Yamamoto--So badass!
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 06:35   Link #682
Casshern

I was enjoying the chapter until I saw the translation for Yama's last technique. At first glance, the number seemed extreme. I wanna try and put this number into perspective. Please correct me if my math is wrong.

10 trillion zombies. If we roughly guess that the surface area each zombie takes is at least 30cm^2 (1 square foot) assuming they are standing very close to each other, then the surface area that 10 trillion zombies would require would be approximately 3 billion square kilometers. The surface area of planet Earth is 510 million square kilometres (thanks, google).

So Yamajii would need about 6 Earths if he wanted to summon 10tril zombies at the same time, and there wouldn't really be much room for anything else.

In terms of time, if Yama killed 100 people every 3 seconds, it would take approximately 9512 years to kill 10 tril.

Wait a minute. Assuming there is a balance of population between soul society and Earth, then there aren't even enough people to kill so many so fast. Approx. 60000 people die on Earth per year (thanks, google). If Yama killed every single one of them it would take 166 million years to kill 10 tril.

I'm going to assume that Kubo's "10 trillion" was a figure of speech for "a lot".

It kinda makes Gin's 13 kilometre sword alot easier to swallow.

Yep.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 06:58   Link #683
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It is probably more a figure of speech for the technique name then anything else.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:16   Link #684
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, there is no way he will actually summon 10 trillion zombies. It's simply impossible. There aren't even that many of them in the last page. In any case, that is another badass display from Yamamoto. I still can't see how Juha will defeat him.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:38   Link #685
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I get the feeling Yamamoto's bankai ist going to backfire(lol) and Kubo will make a fool out of him in order to clear the stage for Ichigo
Old 2012-09-19, 07:39   Link #686
ronin myael
lost ronin

those who say that yamaji's bankai is disappointing will think twice after reading this chapter. if this is not over-powered then i don't know what is! clearly, it's the most powerful bankai we've seen so far.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:47   Link #687
james0246

It's kind of hard to take this fight seriously. Yamamoto is ridiculously overpowered. He can destroy worlds and then have the souls of all those lives he destroyed come back to fight for him...

It's fun to see, but considering that there is no way Kubo is going to end his series with Ichigo stuck in a bubble while Old Man Yama destroys all the bad guys, all this power simply means Yamamoto will fail for some ridiculous reason in the not to distant future...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 07:48   Link #688
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I get the feeling Yamamoto's bankai ist going to backfire(lol) and Kubo will make a fool out of him in order to clear the stage for Ichigo
This really sucks. We have this epic bankai but you know what will defeat Juha in the end? Getsuga freaking tenshou.

Sigh
Old 2012-09-19, 07:58   Link #689
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Getsuga freaking tenshou.

Sigh
Priceless
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 07:58   Link #690
Eragon
Still Alive

I'm still hoping that Juha is not the final boss and that Ichigo will not be required to interfere - even though it has as much chance of happening as all of this turning out to be part of Aizen's plan.
Old 2012-09-19, 08:07   Link #691
ronin myael
lost ronin

knowing kubo, he will probably choke and ruin this recent streak of fairly good chapters. but i'm also hoping that he would surprise us and give us something more than just an ichigo show.
Old 2012-09-19, 08:10   Link #692
flack

The one who loses in a fight in bleach is usually the one that is FIRST to bring forth their full power.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 08:22   Link #693
haegar
mangaviking

hehe, carnage indeed. Man he sure got himself worked up into a nice little firy rage didn't he? Friggin army of undead blackburned skeletons rushing to his aid... I got no complaints that was pretty awesome. But yeah, I, too, wonder how long it will last and what ends this current streak... btw Aizen should be younger then Bach so it can't rly be just as planned, can it? 0.o
Old 2012-09-19, 08:30   Link #694
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
hehe, carnage indeed. Man he sure got himself worked up into a nice little firy rage didn't he? Friggin army of undead blackburned skeletons rushing to his aid... I got no complaints that was pretty awesome. But yeah, I, too, wonder how long it will last and what ends this current streak... btw Aizen should be younger then Bach so it can't rly be just as planned, can it? 0.o
Oh, but that's not a problem. As long as Aizen knew about his existence(and he probably did/does)
Old 2012-09-19, 08:36   Link #695
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Awesome display of power as expected, but it would be nice to have chapters longer then 15 pages.
Old 2012-09-19, 08:52   Link #696
Critias

With the mentioning that his own Bankai will destroy everything, including HIMSELF, if the battle drags on for much longer, I have this awful suspicion that Yamamoto won't be killed by Juha at all. Since his Bankai is so overpowered, and with no seemingly way for Bach to kill him (without a Kubo asspull), Yamamoto might just get killed by his own Bankai. Of course, that would require Bach to somehow hold him and his zombies off for a while, and he's already done a stellar job with that
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 09:08   Link #697
haegar
mangaviking

^guess that would be what they call "going out in a blaze of glory"
Old 2012-09-19, 09:37   Link #698
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Its not written in stone that Ichigo will face this guy in the end and be the savior once more.

There is history between Yamma & Juha, and in the end i hope It'll be Yamma that kills him ( even if its not in this battle )
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:10   Link #699
Black-Cat-Sama

First of all, that title! It was written so vintage Kubo like it was hard to read at first. LIKE A RAGING FIRE!!

Yamamoto's bankai is making this fight more interesting IMO, since he admits himself (and we heard last chapter) that Soul Society could be destroyed...so now it's Quincies motives versus Yamamoto's extreme power.

YES, Bach brings out his arrows! Finally they remember Quincy techniques! And that holy spell thing--I really like the idea of Quincies being holy warriors/warriors of god, it competes perfectly with Shinigami, who are just beings that maintain the balance of souls and don't actually bring judgment on beings.

I was secret hoping Bach would pull and Uryu and trollface 'lol, this isn't a barrier, every Quincy weapon is an arrow' and launch the attack at Yama before he breached.

And damn, so there is a 'south' to his attacks, was hoping they'd just keep the 'Sun' theme and only make it 'east' and 'west'...oh well. Fires that turn the dead into part of your flames? Reminds me of Flame of Recca, pretty badass. So we'll get to see North hopefully and wonder if we'll even get a G Gundam Master Asia and get to see a CENTER!
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:46   Link #700
Inarius
★★★★★

hole shit, this chapter was amazing...DAT final page!

from the get-go bleach was a battle between angels (quincies) and demons (shinigami) so seeing yama raising an army of the dead doesn't fall in the ass-pulled kubo power-ups since he's a shinigami and all.

But saying that Yamamoto is the most OP and his bankai is the most op is a bit erroneous as his bankai comes with a high price as pretty-boy quincy pointed out more or less.

Spoiler:

So from this we can assume his bankai uses his own reiatsu as fuel to ignite the flames so when the fuel runs out so will yamamoto.

Sure his bankai is awesome and has awesome tricks but ultimately it can't compare to Zangetsu's getsuga phase.

Let's not forget that Yamamoto is a shinigami and nothing more. He couldn't of stopped Aizen even if he used his bankai because Aizen went and became something 'more' than a shinigami during the fake karakura town arc.

And since a battle between shinigami is a battle between reiatsu, Aizen would of came out as top-dog because his reiatsu couldn't even be felt by the other's, including Ichigo's dad so that should tell us how much of a monster Aizen really was.

So as he was then, he could of destroyed Yamamoto with ease since he was backed up by something that not even his sword could of erased from existence, the Hogyoku.

And the only guy who was more of a monster than him was Ichigo after he came back from his hyperbolic time chamber training....his reiatsu was soooooo overwhelming that there wasn't a single person in bleachverse that could detect his reiatsu.

Spoiler:

As Ichigo was then, not only could he withstand Yama's awesome blaze of glory and smack Yama around senseless but he could of oneshoted him with Mugetsu.

Aizen only survived that attack thanks to the Hogyoku evolving him way past the existence of a shinigami otherwise he would of been atomized.

So you wanna talk about the most op bankai, think zangetsu as mugetsu is and still remains the most powerful attack in bleachverse to this day.

Also the reason as to why Bach isn't attacking is because his blut is set of defense and as we know quincies can't use their blut to attack and defend at the same time.

His only chance, is to stall until yama's bankai burns away all the fuel and he seems to be doing a pretty good job as yama just keeps kicking it up a notch cause of his rage. I assume "North" will be yama's undoing.

Tags
bleach, chapter