Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-06-27, 14:13   Link #33561
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Then why the hell are you even bothering with plastic models? You know what, don't answer that. Forget I asked. I'm one of the people who builds plastic models that are molded in one ugly gray color, require glue, paint and hours of work to look halfway decent.

You know, someday, somebody's going to go to me in person whining their @#$ off about why Bandai's kits aren't the right color/why they have to assemble their toys/why can't they just have the kits premolded in all the right colors...

...one day someone is going to say that and I will grab a piece of sprue and stab them to death with it...

Today someone came $%@#$@ING close to making me do that. Moron demanded the hobby shop refund his money because the aircraft model kit hebought wasn't pre-assembled with all the paint and decals already done.
Lets try this again at a lower level:

I buy gunpla because i like building them! I DO NOT buy gunpla because i like painting them, it's just a neccessary evil that i have to do. I wish i needed to paint as little as possible. That why i prefer PG and MG over HG. Less paint required!

And yes i do hate those rubbish completely grey military kits that need glue to stay togheter! It like living in the stone age.

But unlike your example i do know what i buy and what is required to make it.

Painting is for the moment a thing i have to do, if it's not too much i can live with it, but less it better. Unless you are into self made customs, then painting will always be a requirement.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 15:52   Link #33562
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Another comic book store in my county did not have issue 2 of Deadpool vs. Carnage.... But I did not leave that store empty-handed as I got a few comics and a high grade GM Quel! Took me three and a half hours, mostly because of hard to snip sprew debris and so many little pieces that refused to pop in. And then there is the holding of the beam rifle, which makes articulation oh-so clunky and the backpack's section for the beam saber port is too lose.Still enjoyed building it though and it was only 18 bucks.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 17:48   Link #33563
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Lets try this again at a lower level:

I buy gunpla because i like building them! I DO NOT buy gunpla because i like painting them, it's just a neccessary evil that i have to do. I wish i needed to paint as little as possible. That why i prefer PG and MG over HG. Less paint required!

And yes i do hate those rubbish completely grey military kits that need glue to stay togheter! It like living in the stone age.

But unlike your example i do know what i buy and what is required to make it.

Painting is for the moment a thing i have to do, if it's not too much i can live with it, but less it better. Unless you are into self made customs, then painting will always be a requirement.
I can understand wanting to build models without the use of paint as much as possible(part of me thinks that at times cause painting can be quite a pita) in order to make a good model, thats fair game but referring to kits that use "glue to hold them together" and require precise and alot of work to look great as "living in the stone age" is just wrong.
One very big and possibly the main reason these kits(both glue and non glue vers) are really made is for the model hobbyist that likes building them with alot of effort and time.
I wouldn't go insulting them people for the effor they put in and great pieces of art they produce

Personally I can't say I see a problem with the Rozen Zulu tho, colours seem "right" this time so not much to nag about.
Old 2014-06-27, 20:23   Link #33564
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I tend to forget that most people playing with Gunpla never ever grew up with the 1970s kits that required paint, glue and the like. Majority of older Gunpla fans I meet recall their oldest Gunpla as the 1990's Wing and X models.

I'm a model maker. I build, customize and paint my kits. They don't all turn out good, but I enjoy putting in the effort. There is more value in a model kit because I have to work to make it look good. Even more so when I build something that I like from a Gundam series but Bandai hasn't yet put out in MG/HG/RG form (until Bandai comes otu and releases it just to p#$^% me off, but that's another story).

My problem is that an increasing number of people who are getting into Gunpla do not or will not understand that Gunpla are, while playable, still model kits. A large number of them do not have the skill, the desire, or the patience to put even a current-day Gunpla kit together. Then I hear incessant whining about how Gunpla kits made before 2000 were horrible. Or when they pick up mecha kits from other companies (Wave, Kotobukiya, Hasegawa) and they start screaming about why those companies don't have full-color kits like Bandai.

I am part of a mecha modelling club in Melbourne, but given how many whiners turn up to the club and refuse to build Gunpla, I'm considering quitting it for good. I don't need additional stress to what I already get Monday to Friday at work. I build gunpla, custoemrize, mod, paint, entirely so that I can take my mind off work and throw myself into something. I love doing it. But if I keep gettign people who get into this hobby expectign somethign else and whining about it, I lose my temper.

And as to the difference between slappign things together and actually painting them...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 22:48   Link #33565
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Finished this today after procastinating the whole week.

Spoiler for Exia Repair 2:

Now I only need Virtue/Nadlee and the 0 Gundam/0 Gundam Type ACD... and more stands/action bases.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 18:20   Link #33566
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

(Wakes up early in the morning)

All right, now to prep my modded Banshee kit for spray painting outsi---

(Sudden heavy downpour appears)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF~~~~~~~~~~
Old 2014-06-29, 00:52   Link #33567
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For me, painting is love hate. I don't have he skill to do kore than touchup, and i don't really like painting...

...but somehow, after i finish messing with gundam marker, no matter how crap the result, i feel a certain sense of satisfaction.

And while i cant into paintingg, my hat's off to all the awesome modelers who can do fuckawesome jobs that make me look at my unpainted HG and weep.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 08:24   Link #33568
lokeen

I wonder if the Gustav Karl in the background means that we will get one eventually in the future

lokeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 08:43   Link #33569
lokeen

That's biased bandai giving shiny head displays for gundams but making the zeon suits weathered?
Tho I do like the weathered look makes it look like a real submarine

lokeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 06:04   Link #33570
seibzehn

build the HG nu and try out the airbrush for the first time, I think I have to get an airbrush soon

seibzehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 12:03   Link #33571
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Unpainted and unlined form of the HGUC Full Armour Unicorn (Destroy Mode). I must say, it is an amazing model. The engineering and construction was remarkably fun, and the presence of the weapons gives it a significantly heavier feel compared to the standard Unicorn. Then there's that green psychoframe: pure awesome

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-06, 22:23   Link #33572
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I will definiteyl need to get that kit.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 08:04   Link #33573
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i didn't know you could build an Attack on Titan 3D maneuver gear out of Builders Parts HD, uh what resembles it of course, well the cable is from another grade, & i tried to attach it to my old HG Force Impulse for the giggles,

so is the HG After War Gundams compatible with the really old G-Falcon kit combination gimmick? did they released an updated G Falcon before or there is going to be a new HG G-Falcon that had yet to be released?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 17:26   Link #33574
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so is the HG After War Gundams compatible with the really old G-Falcon kit combination gimmick? did they released an updated G Falcon before or there is going to be a new HG G-Falcon that had yet to be released?
Not sure about the first part, I would assume though that there will be modding involved

As for a HGAW G-Falcon, no news of one so far
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 07:47   Link #33575
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KTKhIEW8Jk...321042625f.jpg

Dammit, I want better shots of that HG Grimoire prototype. (left corner)
Old 2014-07-15, 01:04   Link #33576
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KTKhIEW8Jk...321042625f.jpg

Dammit, I want better shots of that HG Grimoire prototype. (left corner)
Oh we are going to get plenty in the next few weeks i imagine

Last edited by Skye629; 2014-07-15 at 18:28.
Old 2014-07-15, 08:35   Link #33577
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Old 2014-07-16, 16:44   Link #33578
Skye629

Old 2014-07-16, 21:59   Link #33579
Blazer-X

While that Amazing Exia isn't exactly anime accurate, its a hell of a good looking model. Not trying to invoke Suiton here, but I'd SERIOUSLY love Bandai if they MG that beast (or Dark Matter).

Speaking of MGs... my VP resin Hi Nu HWS (which I've yet to start) is really looking old compared to the new exclusive Hi Nu HWS with its own million gimmicks.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 22:12   Link #33580
Skye629

Here we go!!!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy