AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-18, 07:43   Link #881
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Alsooooo, when(and if) he denies witches (hey buddy I think you've strayed away from your goal a bit) will they, like, die? Or return to their human form?
Battler and Beatrice said in this episode that, once the whole thing is over, the game-board would disappear. However, in addition to that, Battler said that since he completely understands magic now, he'd take Beatrice out of the game-board.

Take that as you will.
Old 2010-01-18, 08:08   Link #882
Koi

Aah... good end...
please, let it that way
Old 2010-01-18, 08:57   Link #883
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
am...um...why would he deny them now when he married one?

....lol

also whats so wrong with Beato turning human and transferring to Battlers school? Hanyuu did that too, OLO
nahh. Beato seems to be the one who would transfer as Battler's homeroom teacher or school nurse.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:02   Link #884
ArcticHelm

Taking Beato out of the board like that seems like the most obvious end, but there seems to be a lot of witches with hands in the pot so to speak... I can almost see Bern and Lambda trying to get back at Featherine as it is at least somewhat hinted that she was a cause of their misfortune from what I can understand. However I think that even if Bern holds a lot against Battler/Beato, Lambda did rant on about the hell she and Bern climbed out of - apparently much worse than this. This could be implied by the certainty of a miracle/orchestrated miracle line that gets noted several times in the series. Although I'm not really sure what this would be.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:13   Link #885
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
nahh. Beato seems to be the one who would transfer as Battler's homeroom teacher or school nurse.
THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHelm View Post
Taking Beato out of the board like that seems like the most obvious end
Not particularly so, considering Beatrice was created by some girl. We don't know how many similarities that girl and Beatrice may share, if they even have any. That, and there's the "Including Erika, there's 17 people in the island." So, unless there's something I haven't noticed, Beatrice has got to be one of the people we've already seen in the island.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:17   Link #886
Koi

that would be like... bad...
but if Beato turns out to be a old lady on her mid 50ies, that would be worse
Old 2010-01-18, 09:32   Link #887
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
THIS
Not particularly so, considering Beatrice was created by some girl. We don't know how many similarities that girl and Beatrice may share, if they even have any. That, and there's the "Including Erika, there's 17 people in the island." So, unless there's something I haven't noticed, Beatrice has got to be one of the people we've already seen in the island.
Well let's analyze the various possibilities... we have quite a lot of good hints in EP6.

First it's crystal-clear that Beatrice holds feelings of love for Battler and that feelings existed since 6 years before. We see a very interesting flashback of that time where this person asks Battler who is his ideal woman (which turns out to be exactly like Beatrice).

You can exclude Jessica right away. That is because Battler in that flashback says that his ideal girl should be like Jessica. Battler never uses names when talking to people, he uses "omae", so he's not talking to Jessica.

Let's exclude guys because there's no way Ryukishi is going to turn umineko into a shonen ai. Let's exclude Maria because she was only 3 years old. let's exclude all the milfs because it would be kinda sick and I'm not even sure that Kyrie was there in 1980 and certainly she wasn't there before.

You are only left with Kumasawa and Shannon...

is there even to think about that?

Old 2010-01-18, 09:38   Link #888
Koi

there are lots of servants that come and go. Maybe Battler was talking to one of them?
Old 2010-01-18, 09:42   Link #889
ArcticHelm

I think it also depends on what you mean by 'taking out of the board' as when looking at both Maria and Ange, you're able to notice they both see 'entities' that are not commensurable with the vessel or what not. Thus Maria 'sees' Beatrice as a different person who was along with another person or 'familiar' who did Beatrice's bidding in handing over the umbrella, etc. There is an acknowledgment of something distinct and separate which may or may not be denied. I personally cannot see Battler denying Beato at this point, although whether others are successful in doing so is entirely up in the air - even if this means that Beato is merely a 'delusion' on the part of Battler's post-game self. While it might not help from a mystery aspect, I don't think it'd be right to solely consider Umineko a mystery, even if it is a large aspect of it.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:42   Link #890
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

While Beatrice might not really be the culprit, I think it would be lame if she wasn't among the 16 persons that were in the island.

Old 2010-01-18, 09:48   Link #891
Koi

why do I have this feeling that Beato is Maria's image of good witch...
in other words... Nice side of Rosa
Old 2010-01-18, 09:50   Link #892
ArcticHelm

Well, this is more or less just considering the separate entity of "Beatrice" that formed over the many decades and events on Rokkenjima. Thus while this Beatrice contains the 6-year broken promise Piece-Beatrice, and Piece-Beatrice partially contains "Beatrice" as an alter-ego (what they know of the witch legend and their own personality) they are not necessarily completely identical. This could be referenced back to Moe-Island Beato: While Meta-Beatrice identifies that person as being her (in a sense of a body that Kinzo tried to contain the essence of Beatrice within), Moe-Beato only knew all of what she was as "Beatrice" after she died and was freed from the vessel. Thus while Meta-Beato definitely contains the parts: Beatrice who lent Kinzo the gold, Moe-Beato, witch-legend-Beato, Piece-Beato and is them, Piece-Beato is Beatrice, but only partially so.
Old 2010-01-18, 10:49   Link #893
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
It's little to none likely, but if Umineko has one of those retarded IT WAS ALL A DREAM endings i am going to stab myself and Ryukishi, but it's most unlikely. I have a feeling it might end up like Higurashi
Spoiler for higurashi ending:

Or, a bittersweet ending between Battler and Beatrice.

and I agree with Jan-poo, it's most likely Shannon. :l I doubt it's Jessica, imo.
Old 2010-01-18, 11:06   Link #894
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well Battler looks like you got trolled again. Summaries ahoy.

Major Trolls and Major Retcon.

Spoiler for Ep6 Summaries:
Old 2010-01-18, 11:09   Link #895
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well let's analyze the various possibilities... we have quite a lot of good hints in EP6.

First it's crystal-clear that Beatrice holds feelings of love for Battler and that feelings existed since 6 years before. We see a very interesting flashback of that time where this person asks Battler who is his ideal woman (which turns out to be exactly like Beatrice).

You can exclude Jessica right away. That is because Battler in that flashback says that his ideal girl should be like Jessica. Battler never uses names when talking to people, he uses "omae", so he's not talking to Jessica.
Unfortunately, it was not crystal-clear to me that this scene was from 1980 rather than 1986 Rokkenjima.

6 years ago, Battler was still having his liking of Shannon, how come if someone asked what kind of woman he like he would not say Shannon right away?

To me, that scene was asked by real Beatrice on Rokkenjima in 1986 to Battler.

Then, since the real Beatrice embodied a large part of meta-Beatrice, she told the newly born moeBeatrice to love Battler since she herself was unable to love him.

The "mother" of moeBeatrice was of course original meta-Beatrice. However, the whole moeBeatrice, trollBeatrice, meta-Beatrice and Battler was actually an analogy to the relationship between 1967 Beatrice, legend-Beatrice, 1952 Beatrice and Kinzo if you read between the lines.

If you replace Battler with Kinzo, moeBeatrice with 1967 Beatrice, meta-Beatrice with 1952 Beatrice. Then everything makes sense and it gave you the backstory of Kinzo and Beatrice.

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
Old 2010-01-18, 11:10   Link #896
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You are only left with Kumasawa and Shannon...
That's true, but has Shannon ever shown any interest in Battler? I think even Jessica and Maria have shown more interest in him than her.

Not to mention R07 said he hasn't included settings like George and Shannon not loving each other. So, unless she's a slut who plans on dumping George if Battler remembers his sin, I really don't see how Shannon can be Beatrice, since Beato loves Battler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Spoiler for Ep6 Summaries:
Allow me to expand on this part, I've already mentioned it before, anyway:

Spoiler for Meta-World Scene:

Last edited by Used Can; 2010-01-18 at 11:20.
Old 2010-01-18, 11:11   Link #897
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
It's little to none likely, but if Umineko has one of those retarded IT WAS ALL A DREAM endings i am going to stab myself and Ryukishi, but it's most unlikely. I have a feeling it might end up like Higurashi
Spoiler for higurashi ending:

Or, a bittersweet ending between Battler and Beatrice.

and I agree with Jan-poo, it's most likely Shannon. :l I doubt it's Jessica, imo.
No!!! then how about George????? I really really hope Shannon is not human Beato. They are just not alike.
Old 2010-01-18, 13:10   Link #898
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
No!!! then how about George????? I really really hope Shannon is not human Beato. They are just not alike.
There is no human Beato EP 6 confirms that Beatrice is an imaginary being, which was created by the girl who was in love with Battler (the one Battler talked to about his type) and then abandoned. Beatrice is a vessel for that girl's feelings for Battler, which is why Beatrice states in the game that her purpose for being created was to love Battler.

If Shannon is the girl who loved Battler there is a very good chance she is already over it in some way.
Old 2010-01-18, 17:52   Link #899
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
There is no human Beato EP 6 confirms that Beatrice is an imaginary being, which was created by the girl who was in love with Battler (the one Battler talked to about his type) and then abandoned. Beatrice is a vessel for that girl's feelings for Battler, which is why Beatrice states in the game that her purpose for being created was to love Battler.

If Shannon is the girl who loved Battler there is a very good chance she is already over it in some way.
But..."Shannon" loves George now. What is the point of her killing off everyone if she is already happy?

My money is bet on that Maria might be the girl. I don't know exactly how old Maria is...but she has to be at least 10-12 right now. And the sin occured 6 years ago, right? That'd make her about 4-6. She could've easily gain a big crush on Battler, Battler could've made the promise to her, and she could've been heart broken/scarred/deeply hurt. If you add that and the abuse she went through by Rosa...I'd say it gives her some good deal of motive and reason for revenge. Possibly gaining a bipolar or multiple personality disorder in the process.

Think about it though. She isn't that different considering she has her moe and troll moments, just like Maria. Plus, Beato was cruel at first, kind of like Maria is sometimes.

But I'm probably way off. xD;

Edit: Apparahently Maria is nine years old...thus making her three/four when the battler's sin occured. But I still think it's plausible.

Last edited by Tsuki Aoi Usagi; 2010-01-18 at 18:02. Reason: Found more info
Old 2010-01-18, 18:01   Link #900
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
My money is bet on that Maria might be the girl. I don't know exactly how old Maria is...but she has to be at least 10-12 right now.
Maria is nine, and it's been stated more than once that she has no memory of meeting Battler when she was three.

Personally, I think people are asking the wrong question about Beato in regards to EP6, as always. One of the most interesting lines regarding her was Ange's musing about why Beato was created. Namely that creating someone to "love" for you is like creating someone to eat for you. Loving and eating are things that can only be done uniquely by the person in question.

I think this EP is once again people having stopped thinking because they think the answer has been given...
ずっと変りはしない
Closed Thread