AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-30, 21:16   Link #61
hei

Just read bakemonogatari.

It was a fun. In particular, Araragi's first date with Senjogahara was so hilarious.
It will be an absolute nightmare for a boy.
hei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:30   Link #62
aulzon

Quote:
In particular, Araragi's first date with Senjogahara was so hilarious.
Curious, which book was this in? And could you tell us more
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 22:18   Link #63
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Curious, which book was this in? And could you tell us more
This is in the Tsubasa Cat arc and should be the final broadcast ep.

It turns out that Hitagi had been planning the date since her confession on Mother's Day. The date is actually when she bares all to Koyomi and she has been incredibly meticulous in thinking about the details. Someone asked if there was any meaning in Hitagi getting Kanbaru to pick Koyomi up in the ep 8 thread; the answer is that there was great meaning. She wanted Koyomi to spend a lot of time with Kanbaru so he could become closer to one of the people most important to her.

Spoiler for date:

The car ride leading up to the date was pretty hilarious though.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。

Last edited by ickem; 2009-08-30 at 23:07.
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 22:48   Link #64
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
This is in the Tsubasa Cat arc and should be the final broadcast ep.

It turns out that Hitagi had been planning the date since her confession on Mother's Day. The date is actually when she bares all to Koyomi and she has been incredibly meticulous in thinking about the details. Someone asked if there was any meaning in Hitagi getting Kanbaru to pick Koyomi up in the ep 8 thread; the answer is that there was great meaning. She wanted Koyomi to spend a lot of time with Kanbaru so he could become closer to one of the people most important to her.

Spoiler for date:

The car ride leading up to the date was pretty hilarious though.
Thanks for this. It's nice to see Senjougahara being romantic in a normal way. Wonder what she meant by wait a week? For a date?
And I hope it is in the anime. Even if it meant OVA, it would be just unfair. :
Old 2009-08-30, 23:12   Link #65
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Thanks for this. It's nice to see Senjougahara being romantic in a normal way. Wonder what she meant by wait a week? For a date?
And I hope it is in the anime. Even if it meant OVA, it would be just unfair. :
I added the missing parts to give it better context. She's talking about sex, I think. I keep going back and forth between whether she means that she wants him to wait to break up with her or whether to wait so that she can get over her fears.

Also the date that she thought up was to take Koyomi to a place where she used to go with her parents to view the stars. She points out each of the constellations and explains them to him, beginning with the Summer Triangle.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-30, 23:19   Link #66
aulzon

Oh, so it's during the date.

Yeah she most likely meant wait a week for her to be ready for him in a physical context. Otherwise she wouldn't of mentioned having to go Suruga to get his fix.

Also summer triangle? HMM.... Sounds like a certain ED. So you might be right about it being the ending...
Old 2009-08-31, 00:31   Link #67
wb121

I wished I didn't read it (seems like a huge spoiler for the end of the series)
wb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 02:02   Link #68
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Oh, so it's during the date.

Yeah she most likely meant wait a week for her to be ready for him in a physical context. Otherwise she wouldn't of mentioned having to go Suruga to get his fix.

Also summer triangle? HMM.... Sounds like a certain ED. So you might be right about it being the ending...
ACTUALLY, now I have something to look forward to. Hopefully the date will last more than 5min in the episode and not something to end the season with ex. araragi's sisters waking him up and the arc's main heroine meets up with him
Old 2009-08-31, 02:19   Link #69
sirn
田舎者言うな

I'm sure they'll use the whole episode 12 for the date.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 02:51   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

Polarpew episode 12 won't be the end of an arc, there will still be 3 episodes to go after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I'm sure they'll use the whole episode 12 for the date.
Having read ickems translation of the chapter I bloody hope they do as well.

Btw sequel talk... maybe it would be better for SHAFT to wait and adapt Kizumonogatari & the upcoming Golden week prequel as a second season and than leave the two Nisemonogatari's novels as a 3rd season? Unless they go to two cours adapting Kizumonogatari and both Nisemonogatari's seems like it's a recipe for disaster. Too rushed and timelines will be all over the place.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 04:05   Link #71
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Wait...

Spoiler:

Seriously?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 04:57   Link #72
Da~Mike

First off, a big Thank You to ickem & co for providing all these interesting little titbits of this rather intriguing light novel.
I couldn't find these books in the Singaporean Kinokuniya when I was over there some time ago on holiday and even if I did find them, it'd take me 3-5 times longer to read through them (or maybe even longer) since Kanji is a definite nightmare for me to translate.

After watching through the 8 anime episodes so far, and then reading the extra bits here, it really does seem that they've cut out a lot of, perhaps the more interesting character development from the utterly bizarre conversations these characters have. And it's not only their conversations but their nature... I wonder how many people would ever talk or do things the way that Senjougahara and Araragi do...

Just a general question now if I may: how many chapters on average constitute a single animated episode so far?
While I would think that it would follow the standard 1 chapter per episode, I've read that the books for this series are double the size of other light novels, and I'm guessing would probably contain far more material for each particular 'arc'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Wait...
Spoiler:

Seriously?
I second that... but rather with a "What the bloody hell??"
Or perhaps that's Senjougahara's scheming test for her 'beloved' Araragi. Could well be the 'How devoted to her is he really?'.
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 09:25   Link #73
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Wait...

Spoiler:

Seriously?
No, she wanted Koyomi to get to know to Kanbaru because she is important to Hitagi and it would hurt her if they actually hated each other. She's actually saying that she only has those things and that's all she can bring with her to their relationship. The joke about Kanbaru is just her way of trying to protect herself with her words like she usually does since she is totally defenseless right now.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-31, 09:56   Link #74
Zetsubo
著述遮断

If Koyomi ever made the mistake of 'partaking of ( that witch) Kanbaru's body'

It would kill Senjougahara.

Her newly found heart would shatter into millions of pieces.

It would seriously hurt her ... really badly.

Araragi would never do that to her, because based on what I have observed so far, he really cares for her.

He realizes her insecurites and tries never to irritate them.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 10:44   Link #75
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
If Koyomi ever made the mistake of 'partaking of ( that witch) Kanbaru's body'

It would kill Senjougahara.
Doing it with the same person that showed him a thousand deaths and betraying the one who protected him.....

I would've labeled him as a "official" panaroid freak and lamest character in history... that for sure.

That aside, after seeing Shinobu drinking Araragi's blood in the anime made me want to know more about her. What does she think about Araragi and Oshino? Can she return to her old vampire form again? Will Araragi turn normal if that happens or will he keep his powers?

Sorry for asking so much, this Anime/Manga/Novel is just seriously too awsome for words.

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-08-31 at 12:52.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 18:54   Link #76
hei

I laughed a lot at the date scene not only because their conversation is funny but because

Spoiler:

As for "Kanbaru's body", we need to understand the relationship between Araragi, Senjogahara, and Kanbaru,
which shoud be shown in the next arc of the anime. Personally I like Kanbaru's character, but I don't know how
the anime will deal with it because she is er... a pervert.

Anyway, I will translate relevant part of conversation between Araragi and Senjogahara on the date.
I think it contains author's explanation (or excuse ) for the female pervert(?) characters.

Spoiler for translation:
Old 2009-08-31, 19:32   Link #77
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
That aside, after seeing Shinobu drinking Araragi's blood in the anime made me want to know more about her. What does she think about Araragi and Oshino? Can she return to her old vampire form again? Will Araragi turn normal if that happens or will he keep his powers?

Sorry for asking so much, this Anime/Manga/Novel is just seriously too awsome for words.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-31, 19:40   Link #78
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Doing it with the same person that showed him a thousand deaths and betraying the one who protected him.....

I would've labeled him as a "official" panaroid freak and lamest character in history... that for sure.

Shinobu's relationship with Koyomi is kinda hard to describe. She tells him that they're enemies and that she's just waiting for the opportunity to strike, but her actions seem to tell a different story. As for Oshino, she respects him, but never liked him.

Kiss-Shot was a different story though. She was rather fond of Koyomi and couldn't really differentiate one human from another. She saw Hanekawa as an MRE. Correction, Shinobu can't really differentiate one human from another either, although she knows of the Tsundere girl.

It's pretty easy for Shinobu to gain all her powers again, she just has to drink enough of Koyomi's blood. He'd become a vampire again too, of course. If Shinobu regains all her powers, she's pretty much invincible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
I laughed a lot at the date scene not only because their conversation is funny but because

Spoiler:

As for "Kanbaru's body", we need to understand the relationship between Araragi, Senjogahara, and Kanbaru,
which shoud be shown in the next arc of the anime. Personally I like Kanbaru's character, but I don't know how

Anyway, I will translate relevant part of conversation between Araragi and Senjogahara on the date.
I think it contains author's explanation (or excuse ) for the female pervert(?) characters.

Spoiler for translation:

And of course it also ends up with the line from my signature.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。

Last edited by ickem; 2009-08-31 at 19:53.
Old 2009-08-31, 20:12   Link #79
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler for translation:
Feels a bit like Nishio is breaking the fourth wall there and speaking directly to us. I wonder if Senjougahara partakes in BL and shoujo fiction as well? She seems pretty well versed in the whole fujoshi culture.

Last edited by aulzon; 2009-08-31 at 20:29.
Old 2009-08-31, 20:21   Link #80
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Feels a bit like Nishio is breaking the fourth wall there and speaking directly to us. I wonder if Senjougahara partakes in BL and shoujo fiction as well? She seems pretty well versed in that kind the whole fujoshi culture.
Who do you think Kanbaru picked up her habits from? Also remember that Hitagi is a voracious reader and will read anything that she can get her hands on.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance