AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 03:23   Link #4081
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Saya's Father is extremely epic, and Jouji Nakata is what you need for such a character.

& woooo Shido. How i've missed him. Next weeks episode looks like it'll be one hell of a ride.
Old 2010-09-06, 03:26   Link #4082
Key Board
Carbon

If anything, sex actually increases moments of awkwardness instead of lessening it

Especially if it's after your first time.

I'm not saying that they had sex, but I'm saying that the notion of awkwardness suddenly
disappearing after sex is wrong
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 03:26   Link #4083
ZeKeR
Superbad

damn i thought shido died.... and don takagi was epic....
Old 2010-09-06, 03:29   Link #4084
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 10 Comments...

This episode was a change in pace to the point it felt kind of odd. They've been on the run from the dead so long and always cheating death, and now they're so normal and peaceful.

Spoiler for Dad, Hirano and the snake...:
Old 2010-09-06, 03:32   Link #4085
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
This episode was a change in pace to the point it felt kind of odd. They've been on the run from the dead so long and always cheating death, and now they're so normal and peaceful.

Spoiler for Dad, Hirano and the snake...:
well he was a student under the strict rule of a sword technique user.
Old 2010-09-06, 03:38   Link #4086
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Meh, the way Saeko and Takashi were acting doesn't really bother me, besides, they're not American highschool students, they're Japanese highschool students. Even if they did do something (which I know they didn't), they both know that they're the official 'beta couple' of their little group and that what happened to them was just between them. So, even if they were intimate, they have to find the correct balance of acting 'casual' around each other without raising undue strife within the group dynamics pre-maturely.

*shrugs* Or maybe I'm just more tolerant of what Madhouse is doing than most people. They don't have the time to highlight everything that the source material does, nor can they get it 100% how the manga-ka laid everything out - that's a given. Nearly everyone knows that movies 'Based Off A True Story' almost never play out exactly as it really was IRL. The anime just highlights what the director thinks is noteworthy and it's his own personal take on what happened as well - quite naturally, I won't see everything the way he does. I mean, I didn't like how they had Takashi man-handle Saya like that - seemed a bit too much to me but I won't complain about it beyond mentioning it here. The scene with Kouta vs Saeko about the effiency of their respective weapon sets seemed a bit short to me as well - personally, I always love a good sword vs gun debate - I'm in the military now and I personally favor swords over my rifle any day of the week so I'm in Saeko's camp on this one. But I've been using swords ten times longer than I've used rifles so it could be a case of familiarity as well as me being lazy (cleaning a blade is infinitely easier than cleaning those damn rifles).

Anyway, this ep was pretty slow-moving considering they got through the most of two chapters with this one as well (I believe Saeko's ep got through 2.5 chapters), but the group needed a breather.

And damn, Takagi's house is HUGE.
Old 2010-09-06, 04:14   Link #4087
slidingk1

I have a feeling I know where this series is going to end. Sure hope they pull a Black Lagoon and put things on hiatus for a bit till more source material gets out. Right now there is enough material for a second season with a semi decent end. But Would really hope they hold out a bit longer for the author to come out with more stuff.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 04:48   Link #4088
Qikz

What an amazing episode, seriously so good. I loved how Saya just burst in and defended Hirano and stood up to her father to do it! Shidou really has turned his students insane, god. He's one lucky son of a gun at the end right there!

Was that other kid in the Takagi residence? I couldn't quite work out where he was, also it's a bit crazy to think, but how on earth is Shidou still alive? He looks like he's minus a few people in his bus though, it's just they had no weapons. :S
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 05:25   Link #4089
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
it occurred to me that when Komuro admitted that he was using Rei and Saeko's affections for the sake of his survival that he will continue to exploit them. And at the very end when he's sure that he no longer require them for his continued survival he would be quite willing to abandon them if forced to decide. At the beginning to the series we see him to be a very morally aware person but as the series drags on, he develops a more practical attitude towards his own survival.
Old 2010-09-06, 07:15   Link #4090
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

TAKASHI YOU FAIL AS A LEAD MALE!!! He should just turn into a zombie next season with all that breast groping. What's up with with Saya's elastic boobies? lol

Also
Spoiler for ep.10:
Old 2010-09-06, 07:19   Link #4091
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
TAKASHI YOU FAIL AS A LEAD MALE!!! He should just turn into a zombie next season with all that breast groping. What's up with with Saya's elastic boobies? lol

Also
Spoiler for ep.10:
He grabbed her by the top, not the breasts I think.

You could see her bra at one point. HNNNG.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 07:32   Link #4092
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
He grabbed her by the top, not the breasts I think.

You could see her bra at one point. HNNNG.
No don't ruin the elastic boobies of Saya!

HNNNNNG!!!

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-09-06 at 07:57.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 09:24   Link #4093
PzIVf3

What the hell the problem that kid? He should just shut up and leave her and he has no right to lecture her lifting up the way like that his not the owner of the territory house.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 09:41   Link #4094
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Looks like loli/shota Takashi and Saya's picture was added.
If you're referring to the one on the ED photo wall, then that picture was added two weeks back, at the end of Episode 8.

This week's wall:

Episode 10

Additions: Takashi and Hisashi at a swimming pool; Don Takagi and his subordinates at a meeting
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 09:42   Link #4095
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
What the hell the problem that kid? He should just shut up and leave her and he has no right to lecture her lifting up the way like that his not the owner of the territory house.
QFT!!!

How dare he!!! HOW DARE HE!!! HOW DARE HE!!!! *Peter Griffin Voice*

Lift her boobies like that! Masochist son of a *toot*. Iam not amused with Takashi anymore. Iam gonna buy the manga for Hirano and the girls. Makes me wish hisashi was the survivor.

Now I know the reason why Rei left him. Though she wants Takashi to rub her back.
Old 2010-09-06, 09:50   Link #4096
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Good lord, is that how Takashi lectured Saya like that?! He can't lifting her like that!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:09   Link #4097
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
...wasn't this the same thread that was praising him for smacking Rei in the first episode? This is either hypocrisy or cognitive dissonance going on here, and I'm not sure which one.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:10   Link #4098
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
...wasn't this the same thread that was praising him for smacking Rei in the first episode? This is either hypocrisy or cognitive dissonance going on here, and I'm not sure which one.
He didn't lay a finger on Rei in the first episode nor the make out scene. He just shouted. This guy I tell you has ALOT of issues.

And later on when Hirano was gonna speak up to himself and become a man he BUTTED IN!!! HE BUTTED IN!!!! jeez...and Takashi thinking nonsense.

If only those adults seen what Hirano did, they might make him their "ANIKI".
Old 2010-09-06, 10:28   Link #4099
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Rei needed the slap, simply because she wanted to continue the class while people were eaten alive (granted she did not know about it, but still the news came from someone who was in love with her and to her knowledge) ... and if I may jest, she is an annoying and hysteric b*tch, or rather sl*t

On the other hand, bottomline is that Saya was right about her parents, despite making her point in the totally wrong tone. More on that later.

Checking the blogs around, it was rather surprising that some praised episode 10 for developing the characters, while others found it dead boring because of the lack of action. I don't really get why people are so focused on one aspect of shows and when it isn't dominant they turn from praising to condamnation, and vice versa.

Back to adaption changes, I missed the nationalistic rhetoric, given the context it was in, it enhanced the atmosphere and intensity of the situation (plus made Saya's family seem really suffocating). Anyway, someone said that the reason it was removed is because of law, there is something similar here in Germany where I am living for the last few years, and it is rather fasist IMHO. Talking about and depicting fasism is one thing, using fasist laws to stop the spread of fasism is hypocrisy.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:38   Link #4100
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Am I the only one who gets reminded of Mitsuomi from Tenjou Tenge, it kinda helps that Saya looks like Emi. I like Saya's dad he should slice of Shido's balls then cut off his head, btw who has the uncensored version of that scene?

Poor Hirano, how the mighty have fallen, I did find his shouting at Takashi kind of out of place and retarded, it was like he was PMSing just because they were praising a sword over guns.

Shido's back? I like his plans for the girls but he is still a bastard.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse