AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 05:47   Link #1781
hyperknees91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Once again I'm late to an interesting discussion, but as I feel that it has been discussed adequately, I won't put a sentiment that in some ways have been echoed by others. (regarding Terra)

But I can declare that there are many facets to the game, layers upon layers of interconnecting themes and ideas woven in. It'd require an entire dissertation to cover everything, and it is only my academic hesitation at treating a visual novel as a real piece of literature that stays my hand. Some readers may have already explored them all (it is a 2 year old game), and most of what I refer to has already been explored in the back-and-forth discussion in this very forum. Reading the thread from the date of the game's release to now is an interesting exercise in of itself. So many interpretations, so many fervent opinions...

The entire game might be flawed in some parts, but damned if I can't respect the writers for managing to package it with a lot of novel and noble sentiments and ideas.
Visual novels are rather strange that way. I think it just takes an open mind when considering talking about them really (I'm one to talk hah).

Even now I'm not sure on my actual opinion on Rewrite, it's a very strange read.
hyperknees91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:40   Link #1782
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

So I am finally getting back to playing Rewrite, back when I played originally the entire game had not been translated yet and then there was school and other crap that kept me from getting invested, but now I'm back.

So I just completely replayed the common route and then went into Kotori's route, and in no way was I expecting what happened.

Spoiler for Kotori Spoilers:

So now I am moving on to Chihaya and will probably go in the order Kotori > Chihaya > Akane > Shizuru > Lucia, not for any particular reason really, if I went by favorites I would of done Lucia first.

But I have to say it is with a somewhat heavy heart, it's kind of embarassing, but when I get invested in these games like Rewrite and before this Little busters, when I go through a route and see everything the character goes through, it really bothers me when I go to a new route, because I feel like now what happens to them because I'm not there to help them? Will they die? Will they be alone forever? who knows, but I don't see it being a happy ending for them and it's all I can think about heading into Chihaya's route after experiencing Kotori's side of the story.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:30   Link #1783
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrok View Post
So now I am moving on to Chihaya and will probably go in the order Kotori > Chihaya > Akane > Shizuru > Lucia, not for any particular reason really, if I went by favorites I would of done Lucia first.
You want to do Akane's route last. Trust me on this one. Everything else is fine, but Akane is almost meant to be finished immediately before the true routes, in much the same way that Kotori is almost meant to be first.
I wish the unlocks actually worked that way, but alas.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:39   Link #1784
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You want to do Akane's route last. Trust me on this one. Everything else is fine, but Akane is almost meant to be finished immediately before the true routes, in much the same way that Kotori is almost meant to be first.
I wish the unlocks actually worked that way, but alas.
Oh hell no! I'm so glad that I was able to do Akane's route second. I really don't see it as her story should be last before the final, I see Rewrite as two separate stories, maybe three.

Spoiler for Explaination on what I mean by separate stories, don't read if you haven't completed at least MOON:
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:47   Link #1785
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Doing Akane's route second is about the worst thing I can think of. I would probably hate the game if I'd done that.
Spoiler for expectations:

Also I simply disagree with you that Rewrite is "multiple stories", it's (ideally supposed to be) one story viewed several different ways.
Spoiler for story:
Old 2013-05-30, 14:10   Link #1786
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Doing Akane's route second is about the worst thing I can think of. I would probably hate the game if I'd done that.
Spoiler for expectations:

Also I simply disagree with you that Rewrite is "multiple stories", it's (ideally supposed to be) one story viewed several different ways.
Spoiler for story:
Ah crud, I first had it typed out then thought it might be too much of a clue so I deleted it, but then I made a spoiler to explain what I meant by separate and forgot to include that bit of info of what I deleted. I didn't realize this until I saw your reply...

Spoiler for reply to story:

For me, doing Akane's route that early actually made me want to know even more about the story since so much crap happens there that reveals to me that there's more going on than what the player is led to believe. I'm not dismissing your opinion, it's a very understandable one. But for me, I chose the character that interest me first in which I think you choose second, and instead, choose plot to be first.

Spoiler for reply to expectations:
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 14:51   Link #1787
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, to me Rewrite's biggest strength is its plot, so I tend to recommend reading order based on that.
I just feel like playing Akane's route early will ruin the rest of the game.
Old 2013-05-30, 15:07   Link #1788
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

Well if Akanes route is really like that then Ill save it for last, she is actually my favorite of the 5 main heroines, but I don't mind waiting for it, i suppose maybe ill adjust my order to lucia > shizuru > chihaya > akane is that fine? i know your meant to play chihaya before akane and lucia before shizuru i think.

Old 2013-05-30, 15:28   Link #1789
Kirayuki

Doing Lucia's route last is the correct one, a preparation for the final part of the story. What are you guys talking about ?
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 15:39   Link #1790
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrok View Post
Well if Akanes route is really like that then Ill save it for last, she is actually my favorite of the 5 main heroines, but I don't mind waiting for it, i suppose maybe ill adjust my order to lucia > shizuru > chihaya > akane is that fine? i know your meant to play chihaya before akane and lucia before shizuru i think.
The order I'd recommend would be Chihaya --> Shizuru --> Lucia --> Akane, since Shizuru's kind of spoils Chihaya's and Lucia's makes up for what Shizuru's route is, uh, lacking in.
Shizuru's route is unlocked by Kotori's (for some reason) which you've already finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Doing Lucia's route last is the correct one, a preparation for the final part of the story. What are you guys talking about ?
Shush.
Old 2013-05-31, 00:01   Link #1791
Catasplurge

Okay, well I finished Rewrite almost exactly two weeks ago and found out about this thread (and basically this whole website) two days ago. I honestly can't think of much to say but I'll go ahead and write something here anyways.

I honestly found the experience to be pretty enjoyable the whole way through, might be my favorite story from Key. There's was really only a few things that I found unsatisfying which was mostly just unanswered questions, which I found out the answer to most of them by going through like 20 pages of the thread. I also kinda didn't like how short some of the final things in Terra were, but again reading this thread I'm a bit more okay with how it was. Although there is still one thing off the top of my head that I don't understand, that I think was only mentioned in Moon.

Spoiler for Moon:

Well anyways, I would say what my favorite routes and heroines were but I'm usually bad at picking favorites so I'm not really sure on how I would order them exactly. Although I can say that my favorite route might be Lucia's and favorite heroines were Akane and Kagari. Although Kagari might just be because I love her design, although I did still very much enjoy her character.
Also Kotarou might be one of my favorite protagonist in almost anything.
Catasplurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 00:47   Link #1792
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catasplurge View Post
Spoiler for Moon:
Spoiler for Moon/Terra:

Quote:
favorite heroines were Akane and Kagari.
My brother.
Old 2013-05-31, 09:11   Link #1793
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I have to agree, I relate a lot to Kotarou, hes a really good protagonist.

Old 2013-06-05, 21:11   Link #1794
hyperknees91

Quote:
But I have to say it is with a somewhat heavy heart, it's kind of embarassing, but when I get invested in these games like Rewrite and before this Little busters, when I go through a route and see everything the character goes through, it really bothers me when I go to a new route, because I feel like now what happens to them because I'm not there to help them? Will they die? Will they be alone forever? who knows, but I don't see it being a happy ending for them and it's all I can think about heading into Chihaya's route after experiencing Kotori's side of the story.
I agree I feel very similar at times. Heck I even feel bad if I choose one girl in a visual novel and then I'm suddenly doing another's path (sometimes I'll just stop at the one girl if it becomes too extreme hah).

Quote:
Well, to me Rewrite's biggest strength is its plot, so I tend to recommend reading order based on that.
I just feel like playing Akane's route early will ruin the rest of the game.
They really should have forced the player to play it last. I know they wanted the player to have the option, but it just seems...inappropriate to not play hers last.

For me the biggest strength was the characters...because I loved them all hah. Though the writers seemed to have hated Kagari and Shizuru because barely any love was given to them.
hyperknees91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 23:42   Link #1795
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperknees91 View Post
I agree I feel very similar at times. Heck I even feel bad if I choose one girl in a visual novel and then I'm suddenly doing another's path (sometimes I'll just stop at the one girl if it becomes too extreme hah).

They really should have forced the player to play it last. I know they wanted the player to have the option, but it just seems...inappropriate to not play hers last.

For me the biggest strength was the characters...because I loved them all hah. Though the writers seemed to have hated Kagari and Shizuru because barely any love was given to them.
Well, you can't do Akane's route first, and I don't see why someone would do Chihaya's first, so most probably did it later.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 02:16   Link #1796
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperknees91 View Post
At least Shizuru gets a lot of good scenes in the common route and in Lucia's... Kagari gets barely anything.
I'm still hoping for that magical girl spinoff!
Old 2013-06-06, 07:58   Link #1797
Kirayuki

Quote:
I'm still hoping for that magical girl spinoff!
BD Special episode, coming in 2023.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:23   Link #1798
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, I bought Harvest Festa recently! Aaand of course it's gaijin-proofed.
Did anyone ever make a workaround for Harvest Festa? I can't seem to find one.
Edit: Nevermind! I found something.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2013-06-07 at 22:49.
Old 2013-06-08, 10:01   Link #1799
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

Welp, I've been steadily progressing and now I have completed Kotori, Chihaya, and Shizuru's route. While Kotori was really feelsy and made me sad, chihayas route had a lot of charm with her and sakuya, sakuya may even be my favorite character now overall and the more actiony story was nice especially in the sense that I actually got to see Kotarou be a badass. Shizuru was really nice but then that ending was just out of left field, surprise feels all over, the last scene made me tear up, but unlike kotori I can see shizuru being able to live fine without kotarou since she isnt really alone and she also isnt helpless.

So now I am about an hour into Lucia's route and I am surprised that so far it seems completely unrelated to the whole standard backstory with gaia and whatnot, and the whole ghost story thing is actually fairly creepy, a few moments so far have given me goosebumps and im excited to keep playing, the change of pace with the story is nice.

I've been saving Akane for last even though she is my favorite, it bothers me how shes kind of been painted as a bad guy in most of the routes but I'm excited to see her side of the story, its evident she does what she does because she doesnt have a choice, maybe kotarou will change that?

Old 2013-06-24, 03:32   Link #1800
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

Just beat the game, sad to see it be over. Gotta say though, I feel like while the ending was good, it left a lot unanswered, but I need time to really collect my thoughts on everything.

I plan on working toward the 100% Oppai ending, idk how much it adds to the story or its just some gag reel or something but I wanna see it.

I also really wanna play Harvest Festa now, but without a english translation I won't be able to. For anyone who has played it, I am just wondering, does it continue the story off of the end of Terra? or is it based off the girls individual routes, etc. Based on the endings I am not really sure how it would work either way other than for characters like Kotori, Chihaya, and maybe Lucia.

One immediate question does come to mind after the ending to Terra though.
Spoiler for Terra:

On a different note, who else here would of totally loved a Nishikujou route? I know I would of.

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel