AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-05-15, 14:54   Link #201
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
OT: Tomoyo after is sort of I guess you could say a sort of sequal. I forgot about it XD. I love the song that Lia does for it. you can watch the opening for the game on you tube. Search "Tomoyo After". That could be made into one after clannad I guess too.

Back on topic Piro the cat for the win XD I'm sure the anime will be great. I was just thinking of how the writing would go if certain different paths were taken.

Did you know an acutal Kanon backpack exists 0_0 I found this out a year ago or so. It says no for sale on teh tag. Anyone know how it could be obtained?

As for Magazine....uguu >.< I will have to wait until i get to Japan to get it.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 15:05   Link #202
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll back up and say if a different path is chosen, I'm not terribly upset --- I just don't want to see pages of thread basically boiled down to banner waving instead of story discussion. If they rework the threads and make different choices.. mmmm, given that the opening narration is the mystery tag, I'd have to go with npal's story idea to some extent -- having the narrator dreaming her story just as she passes away.

On the backpack, I've seen those winged backpacks in a few places (airport shops and Hello Kitty type shops) but not in the last couple of years.
Old 2006-05-15, 15:17   Link #203
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'll back up and say if a different path is chosen, I'm not terribly upset --- I just don't want to see pages of thread basically boiled down to banner waving instead of story discussion. If they rework the threads and make different choices.. mmmm, given that the opening narration is the mystery tag, I'd have to go with npal's story idea to some extent -- having the narrator dreaming her story just as she passes away.

On the backpack, I've seen those winged backpacks in a few places (airport shops and Hello Kitty type shops) but not in the last couple of years.
Imean the offical backpack.

I hope it doesn't turn out like a mass flame war XD I guess it is because we know the story so there isn't much we don't know what will happen.

I would like it to be like it suppost to be. Just because it is the same story doesn't mean that it won't be cooler.

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2006-05-15 at 15:49.
Old 2006-05-15, 15:46   Link #204
-Nyu-
Yozora

Well, at the moment most of you said who's his most favourite girl^^
Anyways, xD What do you think about the music in Kanon? In my opinion good music makes min. 30% of a good visual novel. I really like the piano parts in there.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 15:51   Link #205
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

More like 70% of EVERYTHING. Music is a vital part of everything. I mean, if I like an opening/ending or if the background music is captivating, not liking the anime is unlikely, unless all the budget went to the music or I just don't like the story. Most of the series I like have nice music. More so in a visual novel, where background music has a greater role, since some years ago, there was no voice acting in visual novels, and it's up to the music to support and guide the story. Although I think that happens in every series, it's basically the music that gives the tone of a scene and creates the appropriate environment for the events to have as much impact as possible.
Old 2006-05-15, 15:54   Link #206
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, jep, Planetarian has also no voice acting, just at the end.
I said 30% because I think, that the design, character design and story are also important. So maybe 50% after all.
Old 2006-05-15, 15:58   Link #207
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed that music is critical on a par with the voice acting. I can put up with average animation as long as they can stay on-model (something I'm not really concerned about with KyoAni - but Petopetosan would be an example of average to cheap animation that flies anyway because of other factors). The old Kanon was very good in VA and music categories -- and the animation wasn't "Clutch Cargo" bad (like the last half of the last episode of Shuffle! where they apparently laced the animator's coffee with mescaline).
Old 2006-05-15, 16:05   Link #208
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ The only way to fly Seriously though, I watched Kanon this winter I think, just after Shuffle, and I didn't mind the animation in the first place, when Shuffle itself had pretty good animation (excluding some parts in the last episodes and the horrible 2nd half of ep 24.) Of course, it's always nice to see the animation improve, although I'm skeptical regarding remakes, they usually don't leave up to the original, music or storywise, while the animation does improve. Although I have no reason to suspect KyoAni will do a bad job, a remake is still a remake, so unless I see it, I'll hold the first in high regard. And they should hire a pretty good composer for the music
Old 2006-05-15, 16:10   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Speaking of Ayu's backpack - don't you think new merchandise shall be brought out to do with the new series.. here's hoping for a re-release of the backpack.
Old 2006-05-15, 16:28   Link #210
-Nyu-
Yozora

I really can't tell you, but if you like, I can go to the Japanese shop nearby and ask^^
I can also look for it in Japan, but my trip will be in 1 year, that's a bit too much waiting time
I google and looked for it at ebay, but there was nothing.
I can imagine, that they do this backpack again since Kanon will get a remake^^
Old 2006-05-15, 16:55   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Trick is.. once you find the backpack, you'd have to find a cute japanese girl to wear it .... unless you are one, of course

(Trust me, you Would Not Want To See someone like me wearing one ... I look like one of the barbarian hordes in those Capitol One credit card commercials ... 6' 220lbs (182cm 100kg), shoulderlengthhair ... rarrr.... now my wife could wear one .... 4'11" 95lbs (150cm 43kg), but she'd have me committed if I got her one)

edit: I gotta return to thinking in metric, fell out of the knack.
Old 2006-05-15, 16:58   Link #212
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm not terribly upset --- I just don't want to see pages of thread basically boiled down to banner waving instead of story discussion.
That would be nice... No animes mentioned...

I just want a well-written anime, with a great plot. In fact, this is the one anime I've been most looking forward to for a while.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 17:15   Link #213
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(if we discuss it right now, we'd be going into serious spoiler as alot of us here have been scarred by the blizzard '99 till this day. Ugu applies.)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 18:01   Link #214
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, well Vexx, 194cm and 80kg^^ We swordfighters are always agile^^
Well, I know one person who would look damn cute with that backpack *-*
Old 2006-05-15, 23:08   Link #215
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
The backpack, if I recall correctly, was a bonus you got for preordering the game from this one shop.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 00:34   Link #216
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

You could always give the backpack to your daughter (if you have one), cute and original. Well thats if she's going to preschool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
OT: Tomoyo after is sort of I guess you could say a sort of sequal. I forgot about it XD.
hehe! I rest my case.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 05:07   Link #217
-Nyu-
Yozora

Was looking a bit around, just found this..
http://www.celga.com/ebay.html
Old 2006-05-16, 15:02   Link #218
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Well I'm a girl and Ihave cosplayed as Ayu so havinga real backpack would be nice. I'm going to Japan in July so I will have a look for myself.

Zalas: I thought it was somthing like that. Thanks ^-^

They will probably just like AIR, use the existing music. I can not see them making new music at all.
Old 2006-05-16, 15:34   Link #219
-Nyu-
Yozora

Maybe some new songs, would be nice. But the original Soundtrack is great, so I don't see a reason why they shouldn't use it^^
Old 2006-05-17, 12:36   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The new series is going to have the original main theme from the game - Last Regrets by Ayana. <3

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen