Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-14, 17:28   Link #141
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
It's there just takes a long time to get around to it...Actually I've only been mildly spoiled by the novels but from what I heard it was more yuri then the anime was...
I thought the only actual lesbian character was that one with the short hair and whenever they kissed it turned the camera away before the lips ever touched, does it acctually pick up in the other seasons? cause I was getting kinda bored although i did like her arc.

I went scrounging for more yuri manga/anime and just noticed that theres like 100 times more yaoi stuff than yuri out there where's the love for my perversion, this show is making me so impatient nonetheless can't wait for more of the story of candy boy, i wish they named it better quite a misleading title i wouldn't have figured it to be exactly what i wanted in a show
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 09:27   Link #142
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
I thought the only actual lesbian character was that one with the short hair and whenever they kissed it turned the camera away before the lips ever touched, does it acctually pick up in the other seasons? cause I was getting kinda bored although i did like her arc.

I went scrounging for more yuri manga/anime and just noticed that theres like 100 times more yaoi stuff than yuri out there where's the love for my perversion, this show is making me so impatient nonetheless can't wait for more of the story of candy boy, i wish they named it better quite a misleading title i wouldn't have figured it to be exactly what i wanted in a show
Well heres the problem with Maria-sama ga Miteru. The anime version tones down the yuri quite a bit while the anime version while the original novels are more blunt about it. Also to answer your question not until near the end of season 3 but this is only what I've heard because I stopped watching after 2...

I known that for along time and what hurts even more is when they say that yuri fans are worse then yaoi fans... Well theres your reason why we yuri fans have noting to go on so we have to look for actual parings. While the yaoi fans even more unjustified having tones of material to go on yet still grab at whatever they call a paring...

Now don't get me wrong I have a soft spot for yaoi as well but it just makes me mad when people bash yuri like they do...
Old 2008-02-15, 11:27   Link #143
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
How far along is the series? I havent started yet I was thinking about picking it up.
Old 2008-02-15, 11:39   Link #144
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
How far along is the series? I havent started yet I was thinking about picking it up.
Only one, 7-minute episode. I'd suggest you pick it up lol.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 11:40   Link #145
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:

The title is very understandable if you can interpret it right. Actually, it'd make a good cryptic in a Cryptic crossword, which I still can't finish alone .

Candy = a Treat. Treat = something people indulge in / enjoy if you would.
Boy = a Male person.... How else am I supposed to say it lol.

In any case, Candy Boy is metaphorical for treats for males. Obviously, seeing as how this show IS intended for more on the male population of anime viewers (I don't think there's more lesbians out there than straight people ), it serves as a light teaser.

Hope that helps and I cleared at least something up? -_-

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 12:12   Link #146
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Only one, 7-minute episode. I'd suggest you pick it up lol.
The DVD version is 10 minutes long and has better subs might I add.
Old 2008-02-15, 12:14   Link #147
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing
I known that for along time and what hurts even more is when they say that yuri fans are worse then yaoi fans... Well theres your reason why we yuri fans have noting to go on so we have to look for actual parings. While the yaoi fans even more unjustified having tones of material to go on yet still grab at whatever they call a paring...

Now don't get me wrong I have a soft spot for yaoi as well but it just makes me mad when people bash yuri like they do...
Are Yaoi fans mostly females? I wouldn't know.

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 2008-02-15 at 12:39.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 13:56   Link #148
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
The title is very understandable if you can interpret it right. Actually, it'd make a good cryptic in a Cryptic crossword, which I still can't finish alone .

Candy = a Treat. Treat = something people indulge in / enjoy if you would.
Boy = a Male person.... How else am I supposed to say it lol.

In any case, Candy Boy is metaphorical for treats for males. Obviously, seeing as how this show IS intended for more on the male population of anime viewers (I don't think there's more lesbians out there than straight people ), it serves as a light teaser.
Wrong, the title comes from Meilin's song. The ONA was initially just an extra of her single Candy Boy, so regardless of its content, it had to be titled the same way.

Also, being Yuri doesn't necessarily mean it's intended for males. Women like Yuri as much as men do. Take for example Yuri Hime... 70% of its readership is female; that's a lot of women, too much for them to be all lesbians. Additionally, there's a lot of Yuri manga from shoujo and josei magazines. Of course, there's a lot of Yuri from male targeted magazines too, but the point is that Yuri is not a genre primarily intended for males.

On the other hand, BL is primarily intented for women. I suppose this means that men have less tolerance towards BL than women have towards Yuri.
Old 2008-02-15, 14:01   Link #149
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Twinuricest ftw!
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:03   Link #150
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Are Yaoi fans mostly females? I wouldn't know.
yeah! Most Yaoi is aimed at girls but that doesn't exclude SOME males from reading it or watching it. MEdia blaster has been making a killing selling Yaoi in either anime or Manga forms here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
On the other hand, BL is primarily intented for women. I suppose this means that men have less tolerance towards BL than women have towards Yuri.
Isn't that the truth!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:05   Link #151
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:

Totally agree with you there, although i'm getting better i'm not has homophobic as i was 2 years ago when i used to say "homophobia was a good thing" I still definately look away when ever i see some boy lovin'

Quote:

Also, being Yuri doesn't necessarily mean it's intended for males. Women like Yuri as much as men do. Take for example Yuri Hime... 70% of its readership is female; that's a lot of women, too much for them to be all lesbians. Additionally, there's a lot of Yuri manga from shoujo and josei magazines. Of course, there's a lot of Yuri from male targeted magazines too, but the point is that Yuri is not a genre primarily intended for males.
I would love some of those examples I can't find any no matter how hard i search don't care if it's targeted for boys or girls 90 percent of the manga i read is shoujo anyway
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:49   Link #152
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I would love some of those examples I can't find any no matter how hard i search don't care if it's targeted for boys or girls 90 percent of the manga i read is shoujo anyway
You want Yuri manga? Rosa Chinensis's "List of Must-Read Yuri Manga" is a good place for starters:

http://mizuno-youko.livejournal.com/68245.html

Now, from those titles I would begin with:

Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink
Strawberry Shake Sweet
The Miko's Words and the Witch's Incantations
Girl Friends
Concerto
Iono-sama Fanatics
Shoujo Sect (this one has adult content)

The list has links to the scanlators, except for licensed manga like Iono-sama Fanatics, although their easy to find nontheless.

On a more on-topic note:

EDIT: I remembered two other titles I really liked which are not included in that list:
Sketch (a Yuri one shot by Yoshitomi)
Blue Drop (also by Yoshitomi)

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2008-02-15 at 16:07.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 22:47   Link #153
guess

Quote:
No wonder I always feels like the stories in Yuri Hime are quite different from yuri anime. I guess it is safe to say that yuri anime is primarily for males while manga yuri is not or not necessarily true.
Old 2008-02-15, 23:17   Link #154
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It make me wonder what are the chances that something from Yuri Hime will get adapted into an anime series.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 23:19   Link #155
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
No wonder I always feels like the stories in Yuri Hime are quite different from yuri anime. I guess it is safe to say that yuri anime is primarily for males while manga yuri is not or not necessarily true.
We can't take actual Yuri anime as an indicative of this because there's too little. I mean, we're talking about... 3? 4 anime series maybe? Of course, I'm not including Candy Boy, as the producer hasn't disclosed the target demographic (female/male) and assuming is meaningless.

If anything, manga targeted towards males usually get more anime adaptations than manga targeted towards females. Whether these manga/anime are Yuri or not makes no difference.
Old 2008-02-26, 20:43   Link #156
omega_zero121

does anyone have a good quality resized picture of kana-chan's drooling pic?
omega_zero121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 22:49   Link #157
nexist418

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It make me wonder what are the chances that something from Yuri Hime will get adapted into an anime series.
Oooh. I vote for The Miko's Words and the Witch's Incantations series.
nexist418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:42   Link #158
Dark Wing

Quote:
Maybe if someone pushed enough it may happen...one day...
Old 2008-03-10, 12:23   Link #159
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
http://candyboy.jp/

That website says that a new episode will premiere at May 2nd!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:40   Link #160
Shana

Quote:
http://candyboy.jp/

That website says that a new episode will premiere at May 2nd!

HELL YES!!!!!

I don't really care about waiting for it, since it's Candy Boy. At least we already have a date to be waiting for!

Tags
romantic comedy, yuri