AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-09, 02:53   Link #221
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
I think it's plenty. There really isn't a *storyline*, it's just kinda a day-by-day thing. Plus they could always make a second season
Old 2008-05-09, 03:25   Link #222
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Enjoyed the first or second episode.
I kind of see how the subs could have affected the viewing a bit, but not really, still, I'll probably rewatch the episode with DATS' subs because for some reason, I have the feeling that I'll really like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
I think it's plenty. There really isn't a *storyline*, it's just kinda a day-by-day thing. Plus they could always make a second season
Eh, it's just the first episode, so it might turn out to be something different.

REC was a short slice-of-life romance, wasn't it?

And about Sakuya's boobs, they really weren't so small in the first ONA (though they weren't quite so large), it's just that she had so few appearances and it was difficult to see her chest that people didn't notice so easily.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 04:11   Link #223
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
The only thing I have against this series right now is animation. It's not smooth and is robotic and times, but they're probably short on budget. Oh well, as long as I'm enjoying it, right? I tend to be picky and look at things more closely.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 07:44   Link #224
SilentTweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
The only thing I have against this series right now is animation. It's not smooth and is robotic and times, but they're probably short on budget. Oh well, as long as I'm enjoying it, right? I tend to be picky and look at things more closely.
I know what you mean. If you look at the scene at the end when they're standing in the rain, and they zoom out, it looks like Kana's on drugs lol But come on, it's a YouTube-like (Nico) presentation/raw. Kind of hard to put much detail into such a small resolution show :P
SilentTweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 08:12   Link #225
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Subscribed at the thread and made the avatar of this anime.
I love it! ^__^

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 09:32   Link #226
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Enjoyed the first or second episode.
I kind of see how the subs could have affected the viewing a bit, but not really, still, I'll probably rewatch the episode with DATS' subs because for some reason, I have the feeling that I'll really like this.

Eh, it's just the first episode, so it might turn out to be something different.

REC was a short slice-of-life romance, wasn't it?

And about Sakuya's boobs, they really weren't so small in the first ONA (though they weren't quite so large), it's just that she had so few appearances and it was difficult to see her chest that people didn't notice so easily.
I pray they stay away from the drama if they do.

And Sakuya's boobs were rather huge for her size and age......I noticed after rewatching it, BIG!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 10:35   Link #227
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Before people put too much hate on the animation quality, wait for the DVD versions. The animation on the ONA was touched up for DVD, amirite?

It's currently being made for online streaming... can't blame them for doing a rather poor job. Be another thing if it was being made for HD TV. D:
Old 2008-05-09, 19:37   Link #228
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This unfortunately loses so much in the stream format. I'm almost contemplating waiting for the DVD release of future episodes, since there's such a big gap between the quality of the streams and the quality of the DVDs.

Ep 1

Damn this show is fun. And I guess I was wrong about this being better as a film. Having seen this ep, and the general flavour of this series, it'd be too episodic to work as a movie. Nonetheless, if it were a movie, we wouldn't have this animation quality gap to worry about, between the internet and DVD releases.

Disappointed by the ED theme in this episode. No where near as catchy as the one in ep 00.

Kanade is awesome!
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 23:33   Link #229
Thesinwithin
Undersea Lolcano

Send a message via AIM to Thesinwithin
Hey everyone, I've made some User Icons from the new episode, so they're behind the spoiler cut if anyone wants to use them.

I'd appreciate credit of some form if you can, but I realize that this is the internet, so yeah.

Spoiler for Icons:
Thesinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 06:08   Link #230
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Froth-bite release theirs, and it's really much better. I even got a somewhat better understanding of the conversation between Kanade and Sakuya.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 15:04   Link #231
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
do you think the show might reach yuri levels? :]
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:02   Link #232
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknight View Post
do you think the show might reach yuri levels? :]
This is yuri level!

Now, if you're talking about kisses and whatnot. No, I don't think it'll get there. Why? Because lately japanese yuri fans are quite obsessed with this idea of "pure love", which would be something like romance but lacking some of the physical (sexual?) aspects of it. It's a fantasy (obviously) and sells really good ^^.

But I'm not complaining; I love this little piece of yuri for what it is.
Old 2008-05-10, 17:34   Link #233
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I pray they stay away from the drama if they do.

And Sakuya's boobs were rather huge for her size and age......I noticed after rewatching it, BIG!
Yeah, I'd rather have a slice-of-life fanservice harem with no storyline at all too.

As I said before, Sakuya's boobs did seem to grow a bit in this episode, but they were quite large in the first OVA/ONA, though she had relatively few appearances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
Before people put too much hate on the animation quality, wait for the DVD versions. The animation on the ONA was touched up for DVD, amirite?

It's currently being made for online streaming... can't blame them for doing a rather poor job. Be another thing if it was being made for HD TV. D:
Eh, I thought the animation quality was better than a lot of other stuff this season, and just the video quality was low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Froth-bite release theirs, and it's really much better. I even got a somewhat better understanding of the conversation between Kanade and Sakuya.
I saw both the DATS and Shin-GX's, and DATS let me understand the conversations more, but I'll still try out Froth-Bite's because I've seen some of their other work and I have a good opinion of their translations.
Old 2008-05-10, 19:00   Link #234
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Yeah, I'd rather have a slice-of-life fanservice harem with no storyline at all too.
Well, Candy Boy has little to no fanservice: no pantyshots or boob groping, etc; just fluff. And that's what the series is supposed to be, so I don't think it counts as fanservice. Also, this isn't Harem at all, as the only relationship going on is that between the sisters (as established by the original ONA) and Sakuya is there mostly for comic relief (and she's great for that role ^^)

I agree about the drama though. I'm just fine with the slice-of-life fluff.
Old 2008-05-10, 20:23   Link #235
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is yuri level!

Now, if you're talking about kisses and whatnot. No, I don't think it'll get there. Why? Because lately japanese yuri fans are quite obsessed with this idea of "pure love", which would be something like romance but lacking some of the physical (sexual?) aspects of it. It's a fantasy (obviously) and sells really good ^^.

But I'm not complaining; I love this little piece of yuri for what it is.
Meh guess you could lump me in with them...I've seen enough overt service lately this season to kinda makes me desensitized to it...Right now hand holding and cute slightly suggestive little bits of scene are more service to me then "ZOMG BOOBS".

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 20:35   Link #236
ichobi

This level of Yuri, is kinda enough for this show methink. It's cute and 'unobtrusive' if you know what I mean..
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 23:03   Link #237
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Meh guess you could lump me in with them...I've seen enough overt service lately this season to kinda makes me desensitized to it...Right now hand holding and cute slightly suggestive little bits of scene are more service to me then "ZOMG BOOBS".
So you believe it's either something like this or "ZOMG BOOBS" fanservice galore? That's no what I mean. There is non-fanservice yuri depicting actual romance (not subtext) out there, but those are mostly manga only stories (for example Strawberry Shake Sweet or Aoi Hana). But since it's actual romance it can be seen as lesbianism, and that's what anime producers always try to avoid. Since Japanse yuri fans tend to think the same way, stories like Candy Boy, which are really close to the line but don't actually cross it, are the perfect anime product.

Well, this is still a lot better than "ZOMG BOOBS" lol.
Old 2008-05-11, 02:48   Link #238
ThoHell

I think it's all building up for the episode which will be involving Christmas (most like the last episode), since they've been hinting about Christmas for the past 2 episode. Something sweet and super fluffy will most likely happen then, wonder what it will be..... maybe just a kiss.... Oh, well doesn't matter, I really enjoy this short little sweet series, looking forward to ep 2.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 03:13   Link #239
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
And that's what the series is supposed to be, so I don't think it counts as fanservice. Also, this isn't Harem at all, as the only relationship going on is that between the sisters (as established by the original ONA) and Sakuya is there mostly for comic relief (and she's great for that role ^^)
The characters are pretty enough that just their appearance in a scene is fanservice in itself, though.
Quote:
I agree about the drama though. I'm just fine with the slice-of-life fluff.
That was actually a bit of sarcasm.

Honestly, I kind of want this to turn out somewhat like REC, starting out slice-of-life, but having a similar ending without going overboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Yeah, it's actually pretty difficult for me to start an episode of Kanokon after pushing myself through Rosario + Vampire last season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
This level of Yuri, is kinda enough for this show methink. It's cute and 'unobtrusive' if you know what I mean..
Yeah, just like Strawberry Panic.
Ah, I'm kidding.

But I agree. It's a cute relationship, nothing extreme, but there's something still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I think it's all building up for the episode which will be involving Christmas (most like the last episode), since they've been hinting about Christmas for the past 2 episode. Something sweet and super fluffy will most likely happen then, wonder what it will be..... maybe just a kiss.... Oh, well doesn't matter, I really enjoy this short little sweet series, looking forward to ep 2.
Or something will happen and it will turn out like a Hollywoof romantic comedy.

I hope it doesn't mess up at all, since I'm genuinely interested in Candy Boy, having seen all three fansubs released so far for the first episode.
In my opinion, FrothBite > DATS > Shin-GX in comprehension, though they're all relatively good.

All three give a different translation of Kanade's lines at her locker, her conversation with Sakuya, and Sakuya's gift envelope, but since I don't really understand much Japanese, I can't really judge them based on the translation, but moreso how easy it is to understand whatever is going on.
Old 2008-05-13, 09:32   Link #240
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Out of curiosity, but are new episodes going to be released weekly or monthly? With only 7 short episodes plan I can imagine this series will be over too soon if it's weekly.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, yuri