AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 07:46   Link #301
Shana

And it incluides the 'off camera' scenes as someone said a while ago? It'd make my... month!

If it doesn't, it's okay... I still have dvd quality of Kanade-meganekko goodness <3
Old 2008-07-04, 10:33   Link #302
Lesca

Nice! Had no idea when they'd release the 1st DVD, but didn't think it would be soon either. I hope it does include some extra's but I'd still buy it, if it didn't.
Old 2008-07-19, 15:55   Link #303
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hmmm, there's a 34 min radio show that's on Nico Nico Douga. You can give it a listen right here if your Japanese is damn good.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/zb3989754

Nonetheless, can anyone give a gist of what the heck the two VAs are talking about?
Old 2008-07-21, 08:00   Link #304
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Cosmo View Post
Here comes the troll...
Yuri. Serious business.
I'm liking this series, though. I particularly lol'd when the scene immediately cuts from when she decides to blow the transportation cash on the gift.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 18:55   Link #305
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I particularly lol'd when the scene immediately cuts from when she decides to blow the transportation cash on the gift.
I think that's what makes Kana so adorable. On the outside she is the level headed, responsible one of the twins, but underneath she is much the more sentimental of the two.
Old 2008-07-21, 19:19   Link #306
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I think that's what makes Kana so adorable. On the outside she is the level headed, responsible one of the twins, but underneath she is much the more sentimental of the two.
Hence why Yukino seems to get away with things.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 07:56   Link #307
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Alright, I thought the next episode would have come out already. Agony!
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 23:38   Link #308
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Here's a cute 4-koma I found:

And from the official website, are they having more radio shows?
Old 2008-08-02, 12:53   Link #309
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Alright, I thought the next episode would have come out already. Agony!
I don't think the next episode is due out until the middle of August. IIRC they are on a sort-of once a month release schedule.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:35   Link #310
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I just watched these episodes, and I've never been exposed to any Yuri anime before but i really enjoyed it.
it was like cute...and not a ton of fan-service. im not a big ecchi fan.
i believe someone mentioned the term "true love" yuri...what is that? and are there anymore like THIS anime.

gawd i just hope it stays this cute. foreva!!!!

and what is this "off camera" scenes someone mentioned? and are they going to be in the DVD, or is that something kinda in the "i wish" category lol

btw these are supposed to be monthly releases right....so it's aug? has ep 3 even came out yet?

but since is the first yuri series for me, i must say i really enjoy it. but mainly because it's not like "SO" overly Yuri.....like it's slow and steady. I dunno if it was just blatant yuri fan-service it might be a turn-off but so far I like how it is and hope that doesn't change. I mean I expect some kissssu and stuff but I hope they dont show like too too much. When they show to much it doesn't get that "awwwww" moments ^_^. i guess what im trying to say is.....im glad their keeping it "relatively" tame while keeping it cute between each other .

I mean i dont know much about these type of Anime's. but if theirs any other Yuri anime that keeps it light and sweet between the girls then let me know if it exists. cuz I absolutely loved this series

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-08-09 at 13:12.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 07:54   Link #311
Simon
気持ち悪い

There's a short PV for next week's CD/DVD releases on Yuri na Hibi. The article also summarises the bewildering array of merchandise on offer (personally I've found this blog a fantastic resource - どうもありがとう、雨傘さん!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I mean i dont know much about these type of Anime's. but if theirs any other Yuri anime that keeps it light and sweet between the girls then let me know if it exists. cuz I absolutely loved this series
If heart-warming yuri is what you're after, you can't go wrong with Marimite
Old 2008-08-10, 07:57   Link #312
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Can anyone explain the real difference between yuri and like shoujo-ai.....im still confuzzled?

on a side note.......ep 3 should be out soon, I REALLLY REALLY hope they dont go desperate with this show and just throw in a bunch of fan-service, right now i love how light and sweet it is and i'd hate to see that get ruined...........
so many shows get ruined by uneeded fan-service i really hope they dont do that to this
Old 2008-08-10, 08:24   Link #313
mdauben

Quote:
Can anyone explain the real difference between yuri and like shoujo-ai.....im still confuzzled?
Some people will insist there is no difference, but a lot of fans use the two terms to differentiate between explicitly sexual relationships (yuri) and more platonic girl-girl relationships (shoujo-ai).

Using those definitions, I think Candy☆Boy still qualifies as shoujo-ai.
Old 2008-08-10, 10:02   Link #314
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Oh I see, but ya I agree I mean it's not really sexual or anything at all. but i hope it stays that way, thats what keeps it light and sweet.
i can't wait for ep 3!!!!!!!
Old 2008-08-10, 13:21   Link #315
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Oh I see, but ya I agree I mean it's not really sexual or anything at all. but i hope it stays that way, thats what keeps it light and sweet.
i can't wait for ep 3!!!!!!!
I need at least a kiss to be satisfied, too many tease you with the possibility but it never happens, IT NEVER HAPPENS
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:43   Link #316
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Marimite is definitely the show to watch for romantic, non-sexual yuri. It's a classic. For angst-ridden yuri, nothing beats Oniisama-e ("Brother, Dear Brother"). For hentai yuri, Shoujo Sect just came out. I can't think of any yuri show as sweetly funny as Candy Boy, though.

2. There are lots of formal kisses and some romantic ones in Simoun, and a flashback to a vague sex scene. But Simoun is also basically romantic and non-sexual yuri. (And also my favorite anime of all time. I just skimmed through a couple of episodes and was bowled over yet again.)

3. Yuri ("lily") is the nice Japanese term for lesbian (as opposed to rezu). The term shoujo-ai is hardly used at all in Japan. I think foreign anime fans might have made it up to distinguish between more and less sexual yuri.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 18:31   Link #317
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. Marimite is definitely the show to watch for romantic, non-sexual yuri. It's a classic. For angst-ridden yuri, nothing beats Oniisama-e ("Brother, Dear Brother"). For hentai yuri, Shoujo Sect just came out. I can't think of any yuri show as sweetly funny as Candy Boy, though.

2. There are lots of formal kisses and some romantic ones in Simoun, and a flashback to a vague sex scene. But Simoun is also basically romantic and non-sexual yuri. (And also my favorite anime of all time. I just skimmed through a couple of episodes and was bowled over yet again.)

3. Yuri ("lily") is the nice Japanese term for lesbian (as opposed to rezu). The term shoujo-ai is hardly used at all in Japan. I think foreign anime fans might have made it up to distinguish between more and less sexual yuri.
ya candy boy is def. like too sweet and funny, it's a one of a kind. i just hope they keep it like that. I'd be cool seeing them kiss, as long as it's done in a ...like...non-fan-servicey way, and classy.

i think if they got too sexual with it it'd ruin the whole mood of the show, they got a good thing going on here
Old 2008-08-10, 22:53   Link #318
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The difference is that shoujo-ai is a western-coined term (not used in Japan) used to describe non-sexually explicit yuri. In Japan it's all yuri, whether sexual or romantic, explicit or implied.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:34   Link #319
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Ya Shoujo-sect is def too yuri for me.
candy boy is just light enough to be cute ^_^
Old 2008-08-11, 18:04   Link #320
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
i think if they got too sexual with it it'd ruin the whole mood of the show, they got a good thing going on here
Interestingly AOD Mania.com came to the same conclusion about Simoun:

Spoiler for Simoun V5 review:

Hentai has its place, but it's nice to see people realising that you can have entertaining and engaging yuri without the characters' clothes falling off.

Tags
romantic comedy, yuri