AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-02, 13:37   Link #41
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
I actually was reading the manga before it came out. I had seen a chapter in shonen jump, where they were using demon wind shuriken against zabuza. I sought it out online, and read all the way to the chuunin exams in a week. Then I found out there was an anime club at my school, and they were just starting to show the episodes that were just being fansubbed. I guess I got in at the beginning, about... 4-5 years ago?
propa03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 14:00   Link #42
itachi29al

Actually my first naruto experiences were in the english version. I remember thinking that the story was cool but i could not stand naruto"s voice so i started reading the manga and then i was hooked and spent maybe two hours a day reading them. My grade dropped a little. Then a friend of mine told me the Japaneses version was not nearly as annoying as the American so i started watching that. Soon i was cought up in manga and anime.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 14:03   Link #43
tritoch

They showed it in the Philippines around '04. I got to watch the Gaara vs. Lee fight but didnt what the show was called.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 07:12   Link #44
Masj
saiko denwa o narimashita

Started to download the first fansubs when ep 3 was released but i waited untill maybe ep 6-7 untill i started to watch it ... I was just following to many series back then.
Masj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 16:38   Link #45
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

when I seen the preview on cartoonet work!
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 20:53   Link #46
luccketta
Lucckettak

Send a message via Yahoo to luccketta
i had a friend who was really obsesed with it she was reading the first book and showed it to me, so i started reading and watching it. who knew?
luccketta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 15:57   Link #47
xNaruhinaXSasusakux

I started watching Naruto when Naruto came on Cartoon Network.Didn't seem interesting until the forest of death,but I watched it all the way.Now I'm on episode 99 but I watch subs too.I usualy watch random subbed episodes or the episode before the come in english.
Spoiler for Naruto marathon:
xNaruhinaXSasusakux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 16:11   Link #48
stickman
my avvy rocks

i started last summer when I was channel surfing and came across a show called "naruto" so I thought, "hmmm... that sounds japanese, I LOVE JAPANESE, so I watched it and I found it average, so every time I caught anruto on jetix I would watch it. soon I fell inlove with the show and found myself watching it every day. I told everyone I knew about it and they all hated it, I put a thread in the forums on stickpage... everyone hated it. so i though "am I the only naruto fan in england. so I went internet surfing and found this place and thought,"YAY". so I started posting here.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 16:13   Link #49
Itachi-evil
Banned

It started with Itachi and it will end with him!
Itachi-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 16:28   Link #50
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
First episode I saw was episode 133. My friend downloaded every single episode from the start of the series and got me hooked after watching 133. Once I got home I started from episode 1 and caught up to the current episodes in like a week.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 01:03   Link #51
Mitsu
Momento Mori

when I saw the name 'naruto' on cartoon network 1yr ago,I think it was the one with haku and sasuke fighting,I haven't stoped watching it^_^
Old 2007-10-15, 16:06   Link #52
zepkox
Daubentonia Madagascarien

Why did you start reading/watching Naruto?

We hear it, see it, read it everywhere but what really led you into watching/reading the series? or was it simply that?

As for me, I always heard about it everywhere, and see it everywhere but never took much interest in it until I overheard some huge debate between one Sasuke fangirl and the rest of the community of Sasuke haters. (debate including fangirl proposing defense that Sasuke left Konoha for tomato cookies..which was of course a joke but it made me curious)
So I decided to watch it and see for myself what sort of character Sasuke really is.
Conclusion was:
1. Sasuke isn't as great as she said he was, in fact quite dislikable
2. I became addicted to Naruto
Just like a friend said: "Naruto, it's like drugs" Yup, and I managed to catch up to the latest chapter of Naruto within a week.
zepkox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:13   Link #53
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

Well it started at school and these kids(who are like some of my best friends now) were talking about naruto. At first i thought maybe it's gonna be perverted so i didn't look at it. Until i saw the japanese epsodes and absolutly loved it. I started on ep 4 i think and made all the way to episode 180 in like 2 days. I can't wait for ep 31 of shippuuden to come out; any ways back to the subject. So I started about a year or 2 ago.
sunchips18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:20   Link #54
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

I saw all the Narutards on the interwebz praising it. So I tried it out myself, it was enjoyable for a while but I sorta lost intrest.
Old 2007-10-15, 18:21   Link #55
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
My younger brother actually introduced me to it. I caught him reading the manga and asked to borrow it. At that time, I didn't know that there was a TV show airing (it was up to ep 130 at that point). When I told my friend about the manga, he informed me that there was an anime running already.

While I'm not the biggest Naruto fan anymore, I have to say that it was one of the shows that got me back into anime after a long break from it. I still think that the first part of the series (before the filler and time jump) is some of the best shonen in a long time.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 06:41   Link #56
BlackShinobi07

After i saw my friend watching the Naruto/Sasuke fight , i asked why there fight and i was that Sasuke had turned evil. I became curious at that point because i used to see the series on cartoon network but never really paid any too much attention to it. But i did know that Sasuke and Naruo were the good guys and partners. So couple with the curiouslty of how they ended up fighting each other and the amazing quality, animation, and choreography , I sterted to slowly become a fan. At that point i didnt even know there was a manga and didnt really care because the anime was so good and action packed. Since then, i'v been hooked. I can remember watching marathons of Naruto episode for days . I just couldnt get enough.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 00:36   Link #57
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

2006, I caught up with all the manga and most of the anime. I don't know how I pulled it off..

I did the same with Bleach the year before. Catching up 80 episodes and at least 250 chapters within a year.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 04:10   Link #58
Yuuhi jonene

i was reading bleach and then i started reading naruto then im like i have to watch the anime coz i was watchingh bleach so
Yuuhi jonene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 08:43   Link #59
Inferied

I was already an otaku when I watched it... I developed an interest in yaoi after watching Loveless(it's still one of my favourites), and I somehow managed to read few Naruto-related threads in their community. Then I watched a first episode of Naruto on youtube(didn't want to spend time downloading it) and thought it was boring, tasteless, and had bad animation.

After six months, I saw Whisper of the Beast and loved it... Then I just downloaded all non-filler Naruto eipsodes and watched them in three weeks and, of course, read the manga.
Inferied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:00   Link #60
marijolee

tv.com

On the FMA forum. One of the topics "Which is better? FMA or Naruto?"
I said FMA obviously, I'd never seen Naruto before.

So I checked it out...

I loved it XD