AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 14:26   Link #9181
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Have we ever actually witnessed Battler fighting anyone on the board? I mean I know he loves him some hatrack, but he never actually fights anyone with it.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:28   Link #9182
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Have we ever actually witnessed Battler fighting anyone on the board? I mean I know he loves him some hatrack, but he never actually fights anyone with it.
Jessica and him arm wrestle (I think) in ep1, when they meet again. But that doesn't really count as fighting.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:29   Link #9183
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I would really like a repeat of Keiichi's battle under the moon with Rena if George or Jessica are the masterminds. Battler could probably put up a decent fight in the end.

If it's Jessica it'll probably be boxing match or a Solid Snake (Battler) vs Liquid snake (Jessica) kind of Battle.
I think 4chan decided that it should be a fistfight on the the roof of the burning mansion while Gekka no Duelist plays in the background. Parallel logic battle punctuated by lightning and explosions optional.
Old 2010-04-25, 14:31   Link #9184
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
We don't see it, but Jessica says in episode 1 that they used to fight and wrestle all the time when they were kids and Jessica always won. But now Battler takes steroids I'm surprised he doesn't have anger management issues.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:34   Link #9185
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I think 4chan decided that it should be a fistfight on the the roof of the burning mansion while Gekka no Duelist plays in the background. Parallel logic battle punctuated by lightning and explosions optional.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about.
Old 2010-04-25, 14:37   Link #9186
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
That would be awesome. I would love for Umineko to end that way. I prefer Jessica being the mastermind though. George seems suspicious, Jessica seems like a ditz, she is one of the people who would be least suspected.
Old 2010-04-25, 14:39   Link #9187
Judoh
Mystery buff

4chan also says the culprit can't be George because he's a "creepy virgin who gets in the way of Battler's harem end".
Old 2010-04-25, 14:42   Link #9188
ameskitty
Kupo

That would be epic, not gonna lie. See, you could do that with George, too (and he seems to be the more sensible option of the two what with the aforementioned foreshadowing), but...it just wouldn't be as awesome. Poor average George :P.

Jessica being the mastermind would be one hell of a twist ending, though. And it is a lot easier to act like an impulsive over-emotional teenager when you're actually calm and intelligent than vice versa...

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:42   Link #9189
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
4chan also says the culprit can't be George because he's a "creepy virgin who gets in the way of Battler's harem end".
Looks like 4chan managed to both underestimate and overestimate itself this time.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:45   Link #9190
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Please let's not fall into such quality thread about one kilometer, brother, rabu rabu kill and fu**ing moon-chan. Seriously let's not bring it over here...
Old 2010-04-25, 14:46   Link #9191
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
That would be epic, not gonna lie. See, you could do that with George, too (and he seems to be the more sensible option of the two what with the aforementioned foreshadowing), but...it just wouldn't be as awesome. Poor average George :P.

Jessica being the mastermind would be one hell of a twist ending, though. And it is a lot easier to act like an impulsive over-emotional teenager when you're actually calm and intelligent than vice versa...
And it would be full of irony. Battler and Jessica used to fight all the time when they were little, but it was for fun, now they have to fight for real.
Old 2010-04-25, 14:48   Link #9192
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

brass knuckles against hatstands and chandeliers? What an epic battle would be!

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:49   Link #9193
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Please let's not fall into such quality thread about one kilometer, brother, rabu rabu kill and fu**ing moon-chan. Seriously let's not bring it over here...
Amen. Not to self-promote or anything, but sharing your opinion on anything I just listed here would be a good way to rail the thread back.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-04-25, 14:51   Link #9194
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
Wasn't there a red that said, no corpses exist besides the characters in this story. And that no body doubles exist.
Actually, yes there was. In EP5, during the trial scene:

Know that no corpses exist except those of characters who have appeared in the story

However, you could argue that it only applies to EP5. But I think that's still an important clue.
SeagullCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:54   Link #9195
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

that one only denies the existence of corpses of unknown people, it doesn't deny the existence of fake corpses, which technically aren't really "corpses".

Old 2010-04-25, 14:54   Link #9196
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post

Know that no corpses exist except those of characters who have appeared in the story

However, you could argue that it only applies to EP5. But I think that's still an important clue.
That doesn't remove extra corpses like Asumu's or Kinzo's wife though. Since they are also introduced. Although I'd argue your not introduced if your just a mentioned relative. Characters can't be characters that are introduced if they don't have names.
Old 2010-04-25, 14:54   Link #9197
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post

...I do wonder whether 'appeared in the story' includes only people who have a sprite or not. If it does, I wonder if professor Ootsuki or captain Kawabata are included.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-04-25, 14:57   Link #9198
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

rather than those two who are very unlikely to have died in Rokkenjima I wonder if Manon Runon Renon and so on are counted as characters that have appeared.

If the lack of portrait is an issue, then even Asumu and Kinzo's wife are out

Old 2010-04-25, 15:00   Link #9199
Judoh
Mystery buff

If that were a rule Sayo wouldn't be able to be a culprit either unless her (or his?) sprite is made at the last minute.
Old 2010-04-25, 15:02   Link #9200
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I get the sense Kinzo's wife died quite a long time ago, at least on the order of years, and very possibly over 20 years ago. I'm not sure exactly when, or if they ever really said (or even said she's dead for that matter), but anywhere from 5-20 years seems possible. Either way, I can't imagine that when Granny Ushiromiya died anybody tried to cover it up or otherwise cast doubt on it. And she's probably long since cremated or buried. Doubtful that anyone would use her corpse for anything.

And as for Asumu... that's supposed to have happened six years ago. I wouldn't even want to imagine the condition such a body would be in, let alone how anyone preserved it or got it to the island.

About the only corpse not of one of the 18 original people that might be remotely plausible to be present is Erika's, assuming she ever arrived on the island at all (or had a corpse at all).
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote