AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-07, 12:26   Link #81
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Of course, it does have some major...turns and "plotholes", but that isn't anything I thought about when I saw the show, compared to GSD for example where my head almost exploded in the windam battle
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 15:07   Link #82
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Yes ZZ chracters aren't the same as Zeta's where everyone is almost the same.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 23:48   Link #83
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
Purupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupurupu rupurupuru.

ZZ is my favorite series. I own entire series on DVD and have watched the whole series at least 15 times.
o_O That's not what the poll says...
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:19   Link #84
Cloud_Nave
The Red Dagger

Before i begin, i would like to list down the Gundam series in which i have not watched yet

MSG 0080 - War in a Pocket
Gundam Savior
the SD gundams and
the middle chunk of ZZ

Having said this, i will now begin my break down of my fav Gundam series (at the same time, trying not to be bias)

#1 Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (series = great, Movies = AWESOME)

When i first watched Zeta Gundam, it gave me the impression that it was going to be more serious compared to MSG. The intro with the orchastrated music set the mood right there. As i continued to watch, it captured me even further when i saw that the original cast of MSG were playing a "SUPPORTING ROLE" to move the story onwards for the main character Camille.

Having said all this, the story was great. I enjoyed the revolutionary theme of the whole series a lot. The battles were intense and grand. I would also like to say that i'm a sucker towards transforming Mecha.

Zeta, Asshimar, Gathebly, Pysco, dam i love those designs, and also the transforming concept

#2 Turn A Gundam (Tomino was Happy)

What can i say, this is Tomino's best work. It was great. I'd love to put this series as #1, but i'm sorry, zeta's mecha designs won me over. =P

The story was excellent, i like the whole idea of all the Gundam series being a continium of one big timeline.

As we all know, Tomino thought that this would be the last Gundam series to be ever made. Also he wanted to prove to BANDAI that Gundam is enjoyed by its story, rather than the Mecha design, hence we have the CRAZY MUSTACHED GUNDAM!!!

Music was the best, especially the ending theme song Dianne.
And personnally speaking, i felt that the final battle for Turn A Gundam was a perfect battle. What I mean by this is that it is how a battle between 2 rivals should end.

#3 Mobile Suit Gundam

Admiration. Inspiring. Revolutionary. Respect. These are the words that come into mind when i think of the original gundam.
If you know how to appreciate classics, you will know what i'm talking about.

Another point i need to point out, u can never get enough of Amuro's tactics, and his crazy moves using the obsolete RX-78

#4 Chars Counterattack

What can i say, i've watched all the previous encounters of Char and Amuro, and this movie finally tells you what happens to them. My reasoning to why people would actually hate this movie is because they don't know the previous story in which these 2 long time rivals have had.

The mechs and their fights are great, too bad we don't get to see the Hi Nu and the Nightengale in action. (Those were intended to be Amuro and Char's MS for their final climatic battle)

The ending was also great. Its good to see Amuro die while saving the world, rather than seeing him die of old age.

#5 8th MS Team

Getting tired of typing, so i'll keep this short, ACE PILOTS ARE REALLY ACES
The battles in this series are the best ground based battles that i've seen. Beautifully drawn, story was a bit cheesy at times, but i still enjoyed it.

#6 MS Igloo
ZAKUS AREN"T USELESS. I was very relieved to see Sunrise releash this out during the middle of the GSD run. Finally real fights with competant pilots on both sides fighting for the case of their military institution. Another thing is the way they're telling parts of the story that were never explained during MSG. IE - Char getting his title "The Red Comit - Akai Sai Shing"

#7 Gundam X

Gundam X is #7 on my list because of the characters. I just can't get enough of Wittz and Jamil. Dam those guys are crazy looking.
The story was ok, but would have been better if it was allowed to extend further with a couple more episodes.

#8 Victory Gundam (Tomino was sad - i think it was due to some women issues)

BLOOD BATH, TONS OF FAN SERVICE.
Dam, when u have a director who happens to be pissed, and at the same time making a Gundam series, u get Victory Gundam.

I found myself watching just to see who survives through the whole mess.

#9 Gundam F91

I watched this when i was young, it was one of the most craziest things i've ever watched. Although the story was skim, the action was tense.

#10 Gundam Seed

For a 50% plagerized story, and character concept, i got drawn into this series cause of the battles that took place. The battles were great, rivals were equally matched with super mobile suits and skill.

Mecha designs were more aerodynamic, so thats kinda nice.

Hey, i have to say, i kinda liked the character Kira in this series. I didn't really like all his crying though, that made him look like a girl, but aside from that, Kira was likable back then.

#11 ZZ Gundam

Sorry to all the ZZ fans, but ZZ was too kidish for me. The mechs and battles were crazy though. THE FAZZ and true FUNNEL SPAMMING, dam gotta love those.

#12 0083 Stardust Memories

I don;t know why i put this at #12, but i know why it ain't in the top 10. I guess it didn't have as big as an impact as the other ones had on me.
The story good, mech designs were insane. Hmmm, i guess i wasn't really hyped when watching this series.

Well, i can say that the Dendrobium can pawn the Meteor anyday.
There is no way the Meteor can dodge all the micro missiles the Dendrobium can unleash.

#13 G Gundam = FUNNY

I watched this in Hong Kong. I was young, and it was pretty funny watching this super robot trashing other gundams with only his hand.
Well, i can't complain about the final episode where u got to see a sleek and silver Raine .

But ya, nothing really memorable, and i just found it funny =P

#14 Gundam Wing + Movie
Designs were great, but YOU JUST KEPT RERUNNING YOUR SCENES. I got frustrated alot when i saw the same Heavy Arms spamming, or the same DeathScythe slash like 5 times in the same episode.

Last Place = Gundam Seed Destiny

I have to say, i was very hyped to hear they were making a new GS series. The beginning towards GSD was great. The whole Athrun piloting the Zaku just showed that the kid didn't need a Gundam to pawn.

Shinn in my mind was trying to be the new "Camille". I didn't mind, but just as long as if it worked. Unfortunately it didn't.

Shinn was so unfortunate to get dropped from being a main character to being a grunt. That was just sad.

The story was horrible, i found myself asking my friends to just give me a short summary of what happened near the end of the series so i could save myself time from watching something that disgraces the name of Gundam.

Ya, another thing i need to point out, if it wasn't for GSD, i wouldn't be a Kira Hater.

Yes, i hate Kira for what his character did in GSD. If Kira played as a supporting character for Shinn ( a mentor like Athrun ) I would enjoy the fact of watching Kira in a 3rd Gundam series.

But now, I JUST HATE KIRA.

Ya, everything in this series was already found in the previous series out there.
I guess the designers kinda gave up cause they found that the story was just so utterly horrible.
Cloud_Nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 08:17   Link #85
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
Yes ZZ chracters aren't the same as Zeta's where everyone is almost the same.
what? A lot of them aren`t the same at all. You couldn`t replace Kamille with Yazan and have the same series now could you?
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 14:27   Link #86
Crusader

you missed my point, when i watch it, it seems liek some of teh chracters are similar in traits... kinda bland..
Old 2006-01-09, 20:26   Link #87
polar720

Quote:
you missed my point, when i watch it, it seems liek some of teh chracters are similar in traits... kinda bland..
Kinda like how Judeau`s group is a bunch of kids who joke around all the time? (well, Judeau matured...) The group of them are as about the same as any group of people in Zeta.
Old 2006-01-10, 00:44   Link #88
Crusader

Well if you wanna get serious, they all matured with an exception of bichya. Z cast was bland and and boring almost predicatble.
Old 2006-01-10, 00:46   Link #89
polar720

Really? Provide some examples?
Old 2006-01-10, 00:58   Link #90
Crusader

Which statment?
Old 2006-01-10, 04:15   Link #91
polar720

Quote:
Which statment?
some bland Zeta character examples. I could probably agree with some but I don`t see how you could find the majority of the cast to be boring and bland.
Old 2006-01-10, 09:51   Link #92
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Wow... The most popular Gundam series EVER, and still the favorite in the minds of the majority of Japanese fans is losing this poll? Geez...

I guess people just can't appreciate it (First Gundam) the same way if they start off with one of the other shows.
Like I said, before I saw Turn A, First Gundam was what I would have voted. Then I saw Turn A, and I realized that 20 years can really make a difference on an anime director - Tomino got a lot better in Turn A, and it has my vote. But First Gundam came pretty close though

I'm sure a lot of the other serious minded Gundam fans (read: not hardcore CE fanboys) feel the same way too, so don't feel too down, brightman.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 09:54   Link #93
4Tran

I don't think that I would ever describe characters as boring and bland, but I do feel that a lot of Zeta's characters could have been more interesting. Quattro, Camille and Amuro were handled pretty well, and I have no real complaints there (actually, I have one, but it's not really relevant here). Fa and Bright were OK, but they could have been given a little more to do. Yazan, Sarah and Rosamia were amusing to watch, and same for Jerid's girlfriends (saves having to look the names up). Basically all of the other characters of note could use some work.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2006-01-10 at 23:28.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 12:49   Link #94
HMMaster

voted for other
my choice is 08th ms team. short and realistic.
HMMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 10:30   Link #95
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
is there a new gundam announced yet?

need a new gundam series to watch

didnt really zera and zeta zeta or first gundam as much as seed.

liked turn a gundam and seed the best.

only ones ive seen tho. oh and one of ovas was quite good forgot which one it was I watched tho - there was a women with short blond hair in it I think.

They were fighting in the forests and there was some huge ass gundam flying about that they tried to stop at a cliff.

Edit: nm found it :P

All i remember really Wouldnt mind knowing what one that was or any good gundams.... oh i hated gundam wing.
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2006-06-15 at 11:27.
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 11:27   Link #96
Wavie
Freedom

updated first post with links and bold letters of series after the title - meh took ages - hope its useful
My Anime List
Old 2006-06-15, 11:43   Link #97
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I won't vote yet, as I haven't seen finished, but for now, all I can say is this: Turn A > all.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:56   Link #98
vblaze101

Hmm.....I won't lie, as for the best Gundam tv series, I'd have to say either MSG or Zeta....but still, my favorite is Gundam X..........IMHO, a very endearing, passionate Gundam series.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 18:50   Link #99
tritoch

I'm voting on the underdog, GSD, as much as I like Zeta, V and even Turn A, I still get hooked on watching GSD.

Yay for me.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 06:59   Link #100
Wavie
Freedom

whats the best gundam after seed, seed destiny, turn a, The 08th MS Team, first gundam, zeta, zz

those only ones i seen, oh did not like gundam wing.
My Anime List