AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 15:34   Link #461
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Interesting to note that three days ago or so, Rosario to Vampire had 30 posts more than this show. Now true tears has almost 200 more posts than Rosario.

And I'd just like to mention that although I am defending Hiromi, so far Noe remains my favorite character in this show. Weird is good, at least in fiction. I can't remember a character quite like her.

I notice in Slice of Life's list of the best anime of 2007, he has Byousoku 5cm halfway down the list, Lucky Star even further down, and ef and Blue Drop don't appear at all. Since those are my four top shows of 2007, it's clear that our tastes differ, lol. I don't find this show in the least cliched, personally, but maybe it's just that the seiyuu are making the characters feel so real and complex to me, and the direction is so delicate.

By the way, welcome to the party Matrim and Vexx. I hope you like the fare.
Spoiler for why:
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 15:35   Link #462
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

At this point in my viewing experience, I'm on the lookout for series that "subvert the paradigm" or transmogrify the archetypes. This appears to be another such one so far.
Old 2008-01-22, 15:56   Link #463
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Seems that I am late to the party but I have to say I find it rather interesting how people can categorize certain characters based on their experience with the cliches of this anime genre. I mean, if a viewer watches anime for the first time, he or she may well think Hiromi was quite sincere when she said she liked, loved or whatever Mr. Number Four. But since we are cynical experienced viewers who know this is a dating sim adaptation hence any amount of cute girls will fall for the main guy and we have watched the opening, we don't buy that.
I can't see what anime has to do with it--I would hope that anyone at least as old in real life as the characters in the show would realize that it was just a panicked lie, even if you don't recognize the trope.

I don't think Hiromi easily fits the usual anime character categories either... superficially she seems close to say Kaede or Nemu but she's already shown more depth than either of them, and her relationships and situation seem more complicated as well (IMO, of course.)

Quote:
Oh well, cynical or noble liar, or maybe even sincere, I still like Hiromi way more than Miss Tree Jumper a.k.a. Injury Faker. Complicatred personality traits aside, usually tall dreamy girls>>>>>>>>eccentric quasi lolis.
Can't say I like Noe yet at all... I liked Haruhi, eccentric can be fun, but so far Noe just seems to be Stupid Eccentric or Eccentric for the Sake of It (speaking of categories ), which is pretty boring... I like to be surprised but I need at least some kind of understanding of the character in order to care. Hopefully this will change soon.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 15:57   Link #464
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Clarifying note about Aiko: She is NOT going out with Shin's friend. He WANTS to go out with her, but she merely tolerates him being around and isn't rude (usually). I think it's mostly bc he usually brings Shin along with him so
I don't think it's clear whether Nobuse and Aiko are dating or not. She mentions to Shin (while blushing, at that) that when someone can't become closer to another person that they like, they want to become closer to someone close to that someone...

basically:
-Aiko likes Shin and wants to get closer to him (romantic)
-Shin doesn't reciprocate (because he's dense)
-Nobuse is close to Shin (platonic)
-Aiko opts to get close to Nobuse (unknown if platonic or romantic atm) because Nobu is someone close to Shin...more or less, second best
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:01   Link #465
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
I don't think it's clear whether Nobuse and Aiko are dating or not. She mentions to Shin (while blushing, at that) that when someone can't become closer to another person that they like, they want to become closer to someone close to that someone...

basically:
-Aiko likes Shin and wants to get closer to him (romantic)
-Shin doesn't reciprocate (because he's dense)
-Aiko opts to get close to Nobuse (unknown if platonic or romantic atm) because Nobu is someone close to Shin...more or less, second best
Personally I don't think it could be more clear that the only way Ai and Nobuse are together is in Nobuse's mind. She has done nothing in the series thus far to show any romantic interest, in fact every time Nobuse tries to do anything of that nature she reacts with either anger or embarrasment every single time.

As for Noe, maybe it's just because I've had my fill of them in real life, but the weird/crazy loopy girls don't really do much for me. Generally speaking it's also tied to tons of relationship baggage and makes them very hard to deal with in terms of having a mature healthy relationship, even though it can be fun for a little while. To be honest the only reason Shin seems interested in Noe is because she's interested in and paying lots of attention to him, unlike Hiromi.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:03   Link #466
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for episode 4 preview:
Spoiler for Episode 4 preview:
Old 2008-01-22, 16:05   Link #467
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
I would hope so that is the case.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:18   Link #468
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
remember not take previews summaries for verbatim,
Spoiler:

It is good that next episode seems to have more Aiko developement. It is good they took Hiromi off the stage to give Aiko more screen time. The way they did it flow very well and it is not forced. It would have seemed strange that suddenly Hiromi had less screen time considering we always see "most" of the anime from Shin point of view. He appears in 90% of the scenes.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:30   Link #469
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, previews can be intentionally misleading
Old 2008-01-22, 16:33   Link #470
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Spoiler for reply:
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:38   Link #471
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
remember not take previews summaries for verbatim,
Erm, what i was talking about is clearly show in the preview for episode four.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:39   Link #472
golthin

Quote:
Erm, what i was talking about is clearly show in the preview for episode four.
the same goes for previews, remember that they are basically a small commercial to entice people to watch the show.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:47   Link #473
NaweG
Just some guy

You know, watching over these episodes again, how sure are we that Noe is the one leaving the seeds? Could this be Hiromi leaving them in an attempt to embarass Shin out of liking Noe?

Just saying...
Old 2008-01-22, 16:48   Link #474
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
the same goes for previews, remember that they are basically a small commercial to entice people to watch the show.
You do know we're talking about the preview for the fourth episode? It basically shows what we'll be seeing next episode --- and one i pointed out in spoiler tags was pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
You know, watching over these episodes again, how sure are we that Noe is the one leaving the seeds? Could this be Hiromi leaving them in an attempt to embarass Shin out of liking Noe?
With how Noe reacts about the subject, it's pretty obvious that it's her leaving the bird food.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:50   Link #475
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post

Just saying...
You got to love conspiracy makers. It is Noe, 100% without doubt

Quote:
You do know we're talking about the preview for the fourth episode? It basically shows what we'll be seeing next episode --- and one i pointed out in spoiler tags was pretty obvious.
I realize that now, thus what i said. You spoilers under the tag are misleading, make it seem like it was something from a website.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-22, 16:55   Link #476
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
I would hope so that is the case.
well, in this day and age...who knows, maybe the plot twist is that it's going to be a yaoi anime in the end....
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:58   Link #477
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-22, 18:15   Link #478
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Spoiler for why:
Spoiler for another reason why:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 19:09   Link #479
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Interesting to note that three days ago or so, Rosario to Vampire had 30 posts more than this show. Now true tears has almost 200 more posts than Rosario.
I don't know how is your eyesight but Rosario has 650 post as of right now.

Anyway if the preview is any indication I Hiromi will confront Shin on the matter.

And all this talk about Hiromi being a liar etc... When has it ever been easy to understanf why women do the things the do? granted im only 18 so not much experience, but from what I have experienced some women do and say things that just make you think. Like everyone here is doing now with Hiromi.
Old 2008-01-22, 19:26   Link #480
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I can't see what anime has to do with it--I would hope that anyone at least as old in real life as the characters in the show would realize that it was just a panicked lie, even if you don't recognize the trope.
Yes, it did seem like a lie and it does seem she is hiding her feelings for the protagonist but recognising the genre cliches and conventions one can be about 1000000% certain that Hiromi has already fallen or will fall in love with Shinichi at some point. While not recognising them leaves some more space for ambiguity, IMO.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life