AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 16:12   Link #561
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Whatr is wrong with this "Fukuyuki" character? I never watched Okawari apart from a brief glimpse of the first episode.
Simply put he is a Gary Stu. and no Minami bros that season.

Most viewers don't like him because he is indicisive. Harem male lead indicisive type with glasses when faced with a tsundere. In this case Chiaki.

In fact it is Chiaki that tries to get him out of his shell.

Chiaki is probably the best thing that happened in his life. Then he just leaves without word. Only a damn postcard later on. Freaking coward.

Mind you the set up screams of a harem manga childhood set up.

Well in this season with Devil Chiaki appearing some feel that the kid doesn't deserve the Queen Chiaki. (Still known as Princess as of now.)

Course complicating that is Haruka and Kana who are like Oneesans to him.

Accepting him like a little brother.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:16   Link #562
animeotaku99

A lot of people seem to be saying that Chiaki 'approves' of Hosaka. I don't think she has 'approved' anything. She is too young to tell that he is "gross" and she only saw him having one of his weird fantasies in the super market.

And why do I iimagine Hosaka as wearing lots and lots of Brut cologne
and I always thought Fukuyuki as someone close to Chiaki's age that she can play with. Nothing about dating him or anything like that. She is too young for romance
animeotaku99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 20:19   Link #563
ReddyRedWolf

I believe Fuyuki was once asked if he like somebody. I think it was a Valentine's ep. He didn't respond on that.

Around the end Fujioka getting into Bancho mode I think asked Fuyuki whether he like Minami. (He didn't elaborate that it was Kana he was concerned about.)

There's some sort of confirmation that he does but it is definitely not Kana.

The Princess in her own way of being a meddler has charmed into his heart.

The idiot couldn't say goodbye because he is in love with her. And he is not sure of her feelings for him.

I imagine Chiaki being Minami Haruka 2.0 once she reaches middle school and high school.

Breaking a lot of guys hearts like her older sister.
Old 2009-01-17, 20:23   Link #564
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeotaku99 View Post
A lot of people seem to be saying that Chiaki 'approves' of Hosaka. I don't think she has 'approved' anything. She is too young to tell that he is "gross" and she only saw him having one of his weird fantasies in the super market.

And why do I iimagine Hosaka as wearing lots and lots of Brut cologne
and I always thought Fukuyuki as someone close to Chiaki's age that she can play with. Nothing about dating him or anything like that. She is too young for romance
Well, at roughly 10-11, not too young to be thinking about it (puppy love, etc.) though too young for anything serious, of course. And I think the "approves" thing is tongue-in-cheek. After, all no one is seriously saying Chiaki approved a Hosaka-Haruka relationship. It's more like if Haruka were to bring home Hosaka as a love interest, Hosaka would already have an advantage as the "curry fairy."
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 20:45   Link #565
reverse

ReddyRedWolf

nice explanation that ****yuki is "Gary Stu" ( never know that word before )
that make me glad not to watch the entire season ( nice move by me )

cicero It seem you forget "someone" really important to chiaki

Yamada
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 00:23   Link #566
typhonsentra

Touma's suspected of liking Fujioka?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 01:14   Link #567
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Fuyuki a Gary Stu? Sure he gets praised alot for his willingness to help, but it seems like he does it more out of a frustrated sense of self-sacrifice than anything pure. And in the end, he hardly even leaves a lasting, dellible mark in the lives of the Minami's, or anyone else in the community. Just that "nice boy" so to speak.

Was he too nice for his own good? As Chiaki would point out, maybe he is. But a Gary Stu? Hell no, he's far too self-reserved to even qualify for such a misused description.

I really don't get the animosity towards Okawari, though maybe because I watched Minami-ke as a slice-of-life show instead of a comedy, and hence I enjoyed seeing the characters act in not-funny ways.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 01:15   Link #568
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
ReddyRedWolf

nice explanation that ****yuki is "Gary Stu" ( never know that word before )
that make me glad not to watch the entire season ( nice move by me )

cicero It seem you forget "someone" really important to chiaki

Yamada
Just for you:

I figured I might as well make it nicer while I'm at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Touma's suspected of liking Fujioka?
Well, the evidence is sketchy and I don't like it much (or believe it much), but back in Okawari, Touma spent a lot of time trying to hide her true gender from Fujioka, which some took as a sign of something going on. So I included it.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 01:49   Link #569
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Then that's you problem .. I dont have similar indication toward Makochan .. She just a cute girl that you wanna pet on the head
Everyone's lolicon for Mako-chan...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 03:42   Link #570
Cal-Reflector

Spoiler for Preview of Minami-Ke: Owarenai (Season 8):
Old 2009-01-18, 03:49   Link #571
Molenir

Aww, you left out my favorite character. Kana.

Fujioka who is still desperate for her attention after all these years, will be attending the same college, and Kana will have the guys flocking after her, although she will of course be oblivious to them. Only concerning herself with the Banchou, who panics at all these other guys chasing her.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 03:51   Link #572
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Spoiler for Preview of Minami-Ke: Owarenai (Season 8):
That Awesome If Really there gonna be Season 8
But why Hosaka Didn't tell his feeling yet...what happened to Kana
Old 2009-01-18, 04:14   Link #573
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
That Awesome If Really there gonna be Season 8
But why Hosaka Didn't tell his feeling yet...what happened to Kana
Minami Kana (20): College third-year. President of the S*S-Dan(??).
Fujioka: VP of Kana's Club, which was founded to satisfy her impulses and fancies.
Riko: Secretary of Kana's Club. Joined in order to get close to Fujioka. Still trying after six years.
Keiko: Treasurer of Kana's Club. Conscripted involuntarily.

Quotes:
Riko: *angry tears* "You are the coldest, meanest, densest woman I have ever known! Have you ever considered Fujioka-kun's feelings at all??"
Kana: *Holds cheek* "Wha... what does he have do with this?"
Riko: "He has everything to do with it!"

Makoto: "Yoshino... why did you agree to go out with a guy like that?"
Yoshino: "Why do you care?"
Makoto: "You're my friend! Of course I care. I want you to be happy."
Yoshino: *Visage darkens. Whispers* "Friend... Yes, I suppose we are that."
Makoto: "What?"
Yoshino: "What if I told you it was because he sort of looked like you? What if I said he was just a substitute for you?"
Makoto: "I..."
Yoshino: "Sukidesu, Makoto-kun."

Honestly, I think of the three age groups, the middle group has the weakest supporting cast. Kana is the most outstanding personality of the three sisters, but she doesn't have outstanding characters like Makoto and Hosaka to play off of WITHIN her own age group.
Old 2009-01-18, 04:44   Link #574
ReddyRedWolf

As for the fate of dear Kana Okawari did imply that she is an artist.
Old 2009-01-18, 05:18   Link #575
Molenir

Quote:
Honestly, I think of the three age groups, the middle group has the weakest supporting cast. Kana is the most outstanding personality of the three sisters, but she doesn't have outstanding characters like Makoto and Hosaka to play off of WITHIN her own age group.
Actually, my 2 favorite of the supporting cast, would have to be Keiko and Maki. Its just so fun the way Keiko is obliviously abused by Kana. And the way Maki is so disgusted by Hosaka...

Of course I leave aside Mako-Chan and the other Minami's. They're on a whole other plane.
Old 2009-01-18, 06:36   Link #576
Blaat

Cal-Reflector, I think you're forgetting the Minami brothers, Natsuki (second oldest brother) does fit in with Haruka age group, and Akira has a thing for Riko.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 06:48   Link #577
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yamada...*sniff*....

Chiaki-hime(sama) will be interesting in middle and high school. Kana's groups problem is the they've had the least amount of screentime verses Chiaki's friends and probably even Haruka's friends. Kana associates with Chiaki's friends more than her own...since she seeks minions. Chiaki's classmates are rather easy to manipulate for Kana Minami. Kana's own group, to her, centers around the new Banchou...Fujioka. The problem is...Kana is effectively the new Banchou in all but title, since Fujioka will do whatever she wants. She just fails to see this. Thou as seen, Fujioka will go into a Banchou mode over the matter of Kana's heart.

Haruka...well she's busy taking care of her sisters and doesn't wish to fill the roll of "Banchou" again. She also seems to be the most easily embarrassed of the Minami sisters...especially if it comes down to anything involving romance. (she's really cute when embarrassed on that topic). However any other type of embarrassment reasults in Banchou mode and punshment. Maki was on the receiving end first (I'd forgotten about the frightening Haruka durring the "pantu" debate...and the licking of the jelly like it ws blood if the enemy scene...the "serious faces" put to effective use.) and the middle Minami bother getting the punch in the face, voluntarily, to save face from getting pushed into her cleavage.

We shall see what is in store for us soon. Those that have access to the manga likely have a better clue what we might see this season.
Old 2009-01-18, 07:54   Link #578
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

I too created a version of the chart.
Spoiler for Minami-ke Relation Chart:
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 11:08   Link #579
Molenir

Thats actually a pretty good chart. Though I got the feeling that Minami Natsuki likes Haruka as well.
Old 2009-01-18, 11:26   Link #580
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post

Makoto: "Yoshino... why did you agree to go out with a guy like that?"
Yoshino: "Why do you care?"
Makoto: "You're my friend! Of course I care. I want you to be happy."
Yoshino: *Visage darkens. Whispers* "Friend... Yes, I suppose we are that."
Makoto: "What?"
Yoshino: "What if I told you it was because he sort of looked like you? What if I said he was just a substitute for you?"
Makoto: "I..."
Yoshino: "Sukidesu, Makoto-kun."
wow...I need that to Happened
Nice Work on The Story try to send to the Producer of minami-ke ...he will Give you the O.k

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life