AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-08, 07:31   Link #421
Neovoid

About the new classes, I agree that the new Armored Trooper does feel out of place. The ballistic shield is fine new additional because you often see these in other tactical shooters like Rainbow Six, SWAT, and in Modern Warfare 2. The default melee weapon looks kind of awkward looking almost like a Tomahawk. Normally you see soldiers or SWAT Teams with riot/ballistic shields carry a high powered pistol, SMG, or a Shotgun. I can see the Armored Trooper was designed for heavy close-quarters combat, rather than for an open field battle. Personally, it would have been better if the Armored Trooper was equipped with a shotgun with an optional bayonet to look more realistic. After all, in other games the “Shotgun” weapon was sometimes the high tier weapons that can cause incredible damage at close range and even take out multiple enemies in a single shot. Using a melee weapon is an interesting concept, but odd design choice but we'll see what direction they're going eventually.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 01:30   Link #422
cloner4000

As long as it doesn't get overpowered so that you can just run straight into enemy line and whack them.

After all, that is the job of the shocktrooper where you run into through enemy fire and use your submachine gun or flamethrower to knock out target. It's like the two roles are comflicting with each other a little.

Well, we'll see when the game out or more videos..the scout was said to be broken too. but it's all up to how a person uses them
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 02:41   Link #423
Neovoid

I kind of feel like the Armored Trooper was designed to be an "Aggro Tank" similar to SWAT tactics where the guy with the shield would draw all the attention and gunfire towards him. Ultimately, the goals of a shield operator are to protect himself and the other members of his team especially in areas with little to no cover and close the distance between him and his enemy. I can understand why they opted for a melee weapon because its just too cumbersome to carry, aim, and fire a rifle or SMG using just one hand accurately. And a pistol isn't exactly powerful compared to a melee weapon at close range.
Old 2009-11-09, 07:56   Link #424
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

If the armored trooper made it so that another member of the team could use their teammate as cover, nerf their offense because a shock and an armor could take on an army.

I want.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:39   Link #425
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I kind of feel like the Armored Trooper was designed to be an "Aggro Tank" similar to SWAT tactics where the guy with the shield would draw all the attention and gunfire towards him. Ultimately, the goals of a shield operator are to protect himself and the other members of his team especially in areas with little to no cover and close the distance between him and his enemy. I can understand why they opted for a melee weapon because its just too cumbersome to carry, aim, and fire a rifle or SMG using just one hand accurately. And a pistol isn't exactly powerful compared to a melee weapon at close range.
LMAO

I have NEVER heard that analogy made. That was good.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 05:58   Link #426
Neovoid

I don't suppose anyone has played COD: MW2 using the Riot Shield? Even though its a primary weapon, some people consider it to be very broken because it can stop almost all small arms fire and its almost indestructible. Not only that, you can use it to bash someone to death in just 2 hits and it can even ricochet bullets back at the enemy. Being a primary weapon means you won't be able to equip primary weapons like assault rifles, SMGs, light machineguns, or sniper rifles. Only secondary weapons can be equipped but nonetheless are still very powerful such machine pistols, shotguns, and duel wielding pistols or machine pistols and even sawn-off shotguns. The Riot Shield also has weaknesses. It can be destroyed along with its user with a Semtex Sticky bomb and flashbangs leaves the user vulnerable for a headshot.

Hopefully our Armored Trooper ain't going to that broken.

Last edited by Neovoid; 2009-11-11 at 08:04.
Old 2009-11-11, 22:46   Link #427
sb075

Welkin and Alicia are working at military academy, and we can use them with conditions attached (Welkin as a scout).

Anime DVD vol6 bonus
Alicia (anime version) and Ramal as playable character.

Web comic bonus
Mintz and Julius as playable character.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/095/G009550/20091112003/
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 23:55   Link #428
JagdPanther

RAMAL will be in the game?

Oh come on... >_>

Old 2009-11-12, 00:25   Link #429
KariOhki

Male Tsundere FTW \o/ I hope these get in the NA version.
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 05:10   Link #430
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post

Oh come on... >_>
Look at it another way. He's the perfect candidate for the Splintered Horn medal.

Or not. I don't think I'd have the patience to unlock that idiotic kid's abilities before trying to get him killed.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 08:12   Link #431
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

The Sega Valkyria Twitter Account tweeted that s/he/they are playing the Japanese demo >_<
Old 2009-11-12, 08:15   Link #432
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Look at it another way. He's the perfect candidate for the Splintered Horn medal.

Or not. I don't think I'd have the patience to unlock that idiotic kid's abilities before trying to get him killed.
Actually, that's a great idea. I refused to get that medal because I didn't want to get anyone killed, but he would be a great candidate.

Old 2009-11-12, 08:46   Link #433
Runty

Yay, we got more updates on the official website. Videos include Cordelia, Alicia and Welkin. Still, why no Edy video...?

I haven't found anything else, though.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 13:38   Link #434
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
I don't suppose anyone has played COD: MW2 using the Riot Shield? Even though its a primary weapon, some people consider it to be very broken because it can stop almost all small arms fire and its almost indestructible...
Thanks to the usual suspects I've seen footage of this thing in action. Sure, it's practically indestructible, but folks who consider it broken apparently aren't thinking it all the way through (see also: people who insist on referring to mated GLs as 'noob tubes'). As you note, a Semtex charge will make it and its wielder go bye-bye (this should also be true for rockets), and flashbangs create a handy albeit brief opening. Also, you can always lob grenades behind them (how many times have you had to do this to gun emplacements and so on in VC?). If the area is open enough, your teammates should be trying to flank the 'train'.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 13:56   Link #435
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Welkin and Alicia are working at military academy, and we can use them with conditions attached (Welkin as a scout).

Anime DVD vol6 bonus
Alicia (anime version) and Ramal as playable character.

Web comic bonus
Mintz and Julius as playable character.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/095/G009550/20091112003/
I am not quite getting the vol 6 bonus? is it for VC2? how does that work?

edit nvm I saw the screenshot..that's pretty cool though, to have various side character for other parts to play. Hope it survive the translation to English.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:26   Link #436
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I assume they're all characters from a pre-order bonus or something?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 23:27   Link #437
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
I am not quite getting the vol 6 bonus? is it for VC2? how does that work?

edit nvm I saw the screenshot..that's pretty cool though, to have various side character for other parts to play. Hope it survive the translation to English.
Just to add that the webcomic thingy needs a special password.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:57   Link #438
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post

Oh come on... >_>
Highly unlikely, but what if SEGA thought there was something worth salvaging for Ramal, and actually made him a decent character for this game?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 13:27   Link #439
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Highly unlikely, but what if SEGA thought there was something worth salvaging for Ramal, and actually made him a decent character for this game?
Wouldn't it be hilarious if they made him uber powerful?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 07:03   Link #440
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
I don't suppose anyone has played COD: MW2 using the Riot Shield? Even though its a primary weapon, some people consider it to be very broken because it can stop almost all small arms fire and its almost indestructible. Not only that, you can use it to bash someone to death in just 2 hits and it can even ricochet bullets back at the enemy. Being a primary weapon means you won't be able to equip primary weapons like assault rifles, SMGs, light machineguns, or sniper rifles. Only secondary weapons can be equipped but nonetheless are still very powerful such machine pistols, shotguns, and duel wielding pistols or machine pistols and even sawn-off shotguns. The Riot Shield also has weaknesses. It can be destroyed along with its user with a Semtex Sticky bomb and flashbangs leaves the user vulnerable for a headshot.

Hopefully our Armored Trooper ain't going to that broken.
Hey you can use throwing knives with the shield too, you know. Makes for some pretty awesome kills. Wait until the enemy empties their magazine and rather than rush them for a bash just throw your knife.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote