5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-04, 01:18   Link #61
Gravitas Free Zone

In addition to the analysis already presented, it seemed that when Armin was speculating out loud, there were a couple of reaction shots of Reiner where his expression seemed inappropriate to the circumstances. I can't totally say that he looked evil, but they did draw him with some sort of scheming face.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:18   Link #62
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
How the hell did Reiner not die from that.
I think it's pretty obvious, isn't it? Think about how Eren can "regenerate" because of his nature. Yep...

This goes to show that there are clearly more than one "Human who has the potential to turn into a Titan"...

(I'm an anime-only viewer, so this is just speculation, but I think it's pretty easy to figure it out...)

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:31   Link #63
TaquishaJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
In addition to the analysis already presented, it seemed that when Armin was speculating out loud, there were a couple of reaction shots of Reiner where his expression seemed inappropriate to the circumstances. I can't totally say that he looked evil, but they did draw him with some sort of scheming face.
Definitely. And speaking of creepy, scheming faces, I've been talking with a friend about who the "special" titans may be, and we've come to agree on all three that we've seen so far: female, armored, and now we think we've figured out the colossal titan as well. There's less obvious evidence to back it up, but I think we're probably right. Thoughts in spoilers:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Oops! Maybe not! Looking back, when the colossal titan showed up early on, Pixis was playing chess. So maybe it's that other bald dude? What was his name? Shardis? http://myanimelist.net/character/84305/Keith_Shardis

"Keith Shardis was the head instructor of 104th Trainees Squad. He seemed to be a friend or have some sort of relationship with Dr. Grisha, as he knew Eren is the son of the doctor and praised Eren for his effort."

That sounds suspicious to me. But then, I'm suspicious of everybody when it comes to things like this >.>

Last edited by TaquishaJohnson; 2013-08-04 at 01:52. Reason: Changed my theory!
TaquishaJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:42   Link #64
Dekart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaquishaJohnson View Post
Spoiler:
I was convinced people were over-thinking Reiner's eye but after reading your theory, I am not so sure.

Reiner being a mole theory does make some sense and would tie in with the hidden plan Erwin refused to disclose, which, right now, looks like to smoke out the mole.
Dekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:51   Link #65
TaquishaJohnson

I edited my last post, because my friend went back and watched one of the early episodes and found a contradiction to our previous theory. We thought the colossal titan might be Pixis, but now we think it probably can't be him, even though he definitely looks totally sketchy lol.

Also, I don't know if I or anyone else mentioned this yet, but when Armin was giving his seemingly spontaneous speech to stop the female titan from killing Jean, he also said something about having seen that female titan stomp on his best friend, or something like that, didn't he? I don't feel like going back to watch it yet again, but the implication there is that he was trying to trick the titan into thinking she'd already killed Eren, which could also be responsible for her hesitation. All signs point to the titan morphers wanting to keep Eren alive for their plans -- especially considering they totally could have just killed him in his sleep if they wanted him dead, lol.
Old 2013-08-04, 01:54   Link #66
Chibikiwi

Pixis did creep me out at first...the way he smiled....
@Taquisha, ooh now it makes sense to me why Armin said that! I was a bit confused at first.
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:01   Link #67
niro2512

Assuming what Armin is saying so far, if the Armored, Colossal and Female Titans are human transformed into Titans, then that means Eren is a superior Titan than the Colossal, Armored and Female ones. Though he is not quite yet superior to them since he lacks intelligence, he is physical or genetically superior. Follow me for a second, if you look at Eren's Titan, it has skin tissues on top of muscles and bones, which the other ones lack. Superior is not the word. More like "more involved", again ignoring the lack of intelligence.

If you are one to ask yourself why I ignored or didn't count the intelligence factor, it is simply because the lack of intelligence in Eren's Titan is Eren's lack of control over his Titan transformation.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-08-04 at 20:53. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
niro2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:05   Link #68
darklegends8

I don't want to engage in speculation since I read the manga, but it seems like they made some things a lot more obvious in the anime. Also... Petra so KAWAII

or maybe I'm just weird.

Oh another thing, was anyone else confused about Armin yelling about avenging something?
Old 2013-08-04, 02:09   Link #69
Theo

All dis animation of the horses and squads

All dis attention to detail

All dat female titan

All dis Armin
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:25   Link #70
Ruben7227

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Also... Petra so KAWAII

or maybe I'm just weird.
No way! She is too cute!!! Maybe my second favorite behind Christa. But her big eyes do kinda freak me out at times.
Ruben7227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:31   Link #71
jackolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Eg : episode 13 is overall horribly animated.
Because they were lacking animators back then. I guess they're all set now, for which there will be even more awesomeness coming up!
jackolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:34   Link #72
TaquishaJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Oh another thing, was anyone else confused about Armin yelling about avenging something?
Jean certainly was :P Most of us, I think, agree that Arvin was trying to A.) trick the titan into believing she'd accidentally killed Eren without realizing it, as well as B.) bring Jean's identity to the attention of the titan.
Old 2013-08-04, 02:39   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I hope some of you aren't playing, "I speculate. I swear I'm not a manga reader" game. Shame on you if you are. Anyway, will make a judgment call once I've watched the episode. Other mods, feel free to jump in if you believe that's the case.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:46   Link #74
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Nitro+
And he's also the one who's doing the art for those bonus VNs from discs.

Also he isn't drawing these doujins alone, he's doing it with Ookuma Nekosuke:

who is a fan of Christa
Derp. Thanks, will correct that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xip View Post
And speaking of Erwin, it's nice to see a competent adult commander, that's rare in anime these days.
Speaking of that, Armin Is quickly growing into a capable commander and tactician on his own right. That was excellent quick thinking and deduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekart View Post
I was convinced people were over-thinking Reiner's eye but after reading your theory, I am not so sure.

Reiner being a mole theory does make some sense and would tie in with the hidden plan Erwin refused to disclose, which, right now, looks like to smoke out the mole.
At this point everything we're saying about Reiner is still more or less conjecture and speculation. Like I said before things like the blood and steam could have easily been from the Female Titan. He could also really be a spy himself considering the way the FT changed in direction after that brief exchange. The one clear thing is that the FT is most likely Annie.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:50   Link #75
desrtsku
Nympholept

I think she already knew Jean was Jean before she tried to kill him, though. Remember that small scene where she dodged his hookshot and swung her hand to create a gust of wind, she did that in order to unveil his face. Obviously, she lost all interest in him once she knew it wasn't Eren, and thus why she directly shifted her attention to Armin (who still had his hood on).
Old 2013-08-04, 02:52   Link #76
TaquishaJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by niro2512 View Post
Assuming what Armin is saying so far, if the Armored, Colossal and Female Titans are human transformed into Titans, then that means Eren is a superior Titan than the Colossal, Armored and Female ones. Though he is not quite yet superior to them since he lacks intelligence, he is physical or genetically superior. Follow me for a second, if you look at Eren's Titan, it has skin tissues on top of muscles and bones, which the other ones lack. Superior is not the word. More like "more involved", again ignoring the lack of intelligence.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, though. I mean, all the generic fodder titans have normal-looking skin, right? But the female titan has a lot of exposed muscle and tendon and stuff, and the colossal titan seems even moreso. It actually seems like kind of the opposite, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I think she already knew Jean was Jean before she tried to kill him, though. Remember that small scene where she dodged his hookshot and swung her hand to create a gust of wind, she did that in order to unveil his face. Obviously, she lost all interest in him once she knew it wasn't Eren, and thus why she directly shifted her attention to Armin (who still had his hood on).
Oh, right, good point. I didn't pay as close attention to that scene as I did some others. So then I guess the hesitation was only due to the sudden fear of having possibly killed Eren without realizing it.
Old 2013-08-04, 02:56   Link #77
Dekart

Is it me or are posts being deleted right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
At this point everything we're saying about Reiner is still more or less conjecture and speculation. Like I said before things like the blood and steam could have easily been from the Female Titan. He could also really be sa spy himself considering the way the FT changed in direction after that brief exchange. The one clear thing is that the FT is most likely Annie.
There are a lot of theories thrown in right now but Reiner being a Titan is probably the most probable because there was not a single scratch on him after his fight with the Titan. I don't think the animators will have made it like that without purpose. Throughout the anime, they really seem to highlight how overwhelming strong the titans are. If Reiner really was a regular human, he would probably be shown to be at least injured.
Dekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:04   Link #78
TaquishaJohnson

Quote:
lol, I went back a page and searched for my name, and it looks like my first big post in which I detailed my ideas was deleted. As someone who doesn't read the manga, I feel like deleting speculative posts that aren't blatant manga spoilers just confirms their accuracy, thereby spoiling forum members who would otherwise have treated them merely as speculation. So, I mean, whoever's deleting posts here is being counterproductive.

EDIT: On the other hand, though, although most of the big clues on which we've been basing our hypotheses came from this episode, I will concede that the conversation had drifted a bit off topic. It would indeed be better suited for the dedicated speculation thread.

Last edited by TaquishaJohnson; 2013-08-04 at 03:25.
Old 2013-08-04, 03:06   Link #79
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

You don't have to read the manga to know who she is - There's no denying it's her. At least the artists made Eren's form look different from him but they drew her Titan form to look exactly like her. Besides, if she is looking for Eren, it would have to be someone who knows him personally. There are other reasons why it's so obvious.
Old 2013-08-04, 03:12   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
You don't have to read the manga to know who she is - There's no denying it's her. At least the artists made Eren's form look different from him but they drew her Titan form to look exactly like her. Besides, if she is looking for Eren, it would have to be someone who knows him personally. There are other reasons why it's so obvious.
Eren's Titan form looked just like him too, just more mishapen. Same deal here.

Quote:

There are a lot of theories thrown in right now but Reiner being a Titan is probably the most probable because there was not a single scratch on him after his fight with the Titan. I don't think the animators will have made it like that without purpose. Throughout the anime, they really seem to highlight how overwhelming strong the titans are. If Reiner really was a regular human, he would probably be shown to be at least injured.
Oh, I'm leaning In that direction myself that scene was strange no matter how you look at It, but I'm keeping a small part of my mind open to red-herrings too. I've been fooled before by certainly.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-08-04 at 03:47.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote