AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 07:06   Link #881
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

you think with all their bad experiences in online games kirito and asuna would quit playing all these kinds of games, just move in together, get asuna to say FU to her mum and marry kirito, its not some edo period story its present day where you can marry who you want, i still cant belive her mum locks her in her room O_o
Old 2012-08-08, 18:58   Link #882
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
you think with all their bad experiences in online games kirito and asuna would quit playing all these kinds of games, just move in together, get asuna to say FU to her mum and marry kirito, its not some edo period story its present day where you can marry who you want, i still cant belive her mum locks her in her room O_o
I doubt it considering they meet in and feel in love in one.
And then there is Yui to be concern.
I am with that.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:52   Link #883
Marina2

I can't wait to see super detective Yoruko in work.

I hope they won't cut/change too much (unlikely....)
Old 2012-08-11, 17:13   Link #884
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I can't wait to see super detective Yoruko in work.

I hope they won't cut/change too much (unlikely....)
They omitted some of the graveyard scene(notably the moment when Yoruko digging Griselda's grave to show the wedding ring also Grimlock didn't retort when accused of being the real murder)
Old 2012-08-11, 18:41   Link #885
Divini
Senpai!

Pretty sure a lot of you caught this, but if you look at Asuna's friend list:

Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 18:48   Link #886
sky black swordman

Oh nice catch @Divini.
Old 2012-08-11, 18:58   Link #887
Ray
Garnet

Whoa! I sure didn't..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:18   Link #888
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post

Both names(Yolko and Yoruko) are spelled the same in japanese probably the BT made a simple translating of Yolko to Yoruko
Old 2012-08-11, 19:34   Link #889
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Darn, for those with fast eyes, that's a nice hint for next episode. :3

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:31   Link #890
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Darn, for those with fast eyes, that's a nice hint for next episode. :3
And it hints few more future episodes too, with two other names, actually 3, include ashley.

Looking forward when aincrad arc ends and anime only viewers rage because story is not death game anymore.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:41   Link #891
Sixth
Hu Tao

They changed a lot in the anime scene, but I somewhat OK with it. Really like how the animator found their own method to make Kirito realized the murder tricks.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 23:20   Link #892
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
And it hints few more future episodes too, with two other names, actually 3, include ashley.

Looking forward when aincrad arc ends and anime only viewers rage because story is not death game anymore.
ALO arc's final battle also a life and death battle though
Old 2012-08-12, 00:28   Link #893
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

There's also Ashley, who's responsible for tailor-ing Kirito's final cloak.

Next episode is going to be a rather strange and awkward adaption.

In the light-novel, the whole tone and atmosphere of the story was built on the assumption that you've read the entirety of vol.1 and has the full grasp of the Kirito/Asuna romance already.

If they go for a straight-adaption, there's going to be some degree of for all of the subtle jabs at Asuna being absolutely heads-over-heels in love over Kirito already, and... well, the entirety of the 2nd last scene in the side-story. ( The last scene will never be animated. Ever. )

On the other hand, an adaption that's too low-key would also make it a bit unassuming.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 00:38   Link #894
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If they go for a straight-adaption, there's going to be some degree of for all of the subtle jabs at Asuna being absolutely heads-over-heels in love over Kirito already, and... well, the entirety of the 2nd last scene in the side-story. ( The last scene will never be animated. Ever. )
Well, in the anime so far we've only seen Asuna when she's with Kirito, and it wouldn't be terribly surprising to see her act differently when talking with a friend about him when he's not around.

Also they could animate those last scenes when it comes chronologically, both the marriage and the final scene.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 01:24   Link #895
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Well, in the anime so far we've only seen Asuna when she's with Kirito, and it wouldn't be terribly surprising to see her act differently when talking with a friend about him when he's not around.
It'd take a considerable leap of mindset. Ultimately, while she's clearly warmed up to Kirito by the end of the latest episode, it's not strong enough a build-up or indication that she's fallen for him.

Which is true anyway, since Asuna only fell for Kirito after stalking him for a certain amount of time.

Quote:
Also they could animate those last scenes when it comes chronologically, both the marriage and the final scene.
I'm being pragmatist here...

I'll give you a 5% chance for the marriage scene to make it in. Maybe a short-ending semi-original credits scene where they decide to tell their close-friends about their marriage. It's hard to find a situation where they could mesh it in well, personally. I mean, in the novel itself, their marriage was pretty succinct.

I would be happy if they could include an original scene where their close friends celebrate their marriage or something in a bar or sorts, but that would depend on the execution.

As for the final scene...

Do you honestly believe they'll throw in that scene, near a very emotional and romantic KiriAsu scene where they told each other their real names midst vanishing worlds and scattering lights?

The only way I see that happening is if the episode director for the final episode is secretly a massive Lisbeth fan, and even then, it would be a dumb decision.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:33   Link #896
Znail

Quote:
It'd take a considerable leap of mindset. Ultimately, while she's clearly warmed up to Kirito by the end of the latest episode, it's not strong enough a build-up or indication that she's fallen for him.

Which is true anyway, since Asuna only fell for Kirito after stalking him for a certain amount of time.

I'm being pragmatist here...

I'll give you a 5% chance for the marriage scene to make it in. Maybe a short-ending semi-original credits scene where they decide to tell their close-friends about their marriage. It's hard to find a situation where they could mesh it in well, personally. I mean, in the novel itself, their marriage was pretty succinct.

I would be happy if they could include an original scene where their close friends celebrate their marriage or something in a bar or sorts, but that would depend on the execution.

As for the final scene...

Do you honestly believe they'll throw in that scene, near a very emotional and romantic KiriAsu scene where they told each other their real names midst vanishing worlds and scattering lights?

The only way I see that happening is if the episode director for the final episode is secretly a massive Lisbeth fan, and even then, it would be a dumb decision.
Nah, she fell for him even before this episode. She just didn't approve of him nor a relationship. That is why she acts so Tsundere. But this arc actualy made her change her mind and accepts her feelings and decides to pursue Kirito. So her stalking him isn't exactly accidental after this.

That wont be the final episode so it will happen for sure. This anime is slated for 25 episodes (at least) and we got voices for ALO arc too. So expect the SOA arc to end as the novel as the ALO arc doesn't make sense else.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 01:45   Link #897
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Nah, she fell for him even before this episode. She just didn't approve of him nor a relationship. That is why she acts so Tsundere. But this arc actualy made her change her mind and accepts her feelings and decides to pursue Kirito. So her stalking him isn't exactly accidental after this.
Oops, I forgot about that part. Stand corrected.

Regardless, I still stand by my feelings that for an anime viewer, the adaption of Warmth of Heart chronologically isn't ideal, unless all they want to achieve is to tell Lisbeth's story. The Asuna/Kirito side of WoH is hard to portray given the limited interaction and depth of their romantic development to date. ( in the anime )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
That wont be the final episode so it will happen for sure. This anime is slated for 25 episodes (at least) and we got voices for ALO arc too. So expect the SOA arc to end as the novel as the ALO arc doesn't make sense else.
Oops, typo there, I meant the end of the Aincrad arc.

Ultimately, it's fair to assume that the Chapter 24 will be animated as the primary closure point for the Aincrad arc. From the perspective of an isolated anime episode, it would be strange for them to include the Lisbeth scene in any shape or form during the adaption of Chapter 24.

I mean, I like Lisbeth... but I honestly feel that it would serve no purpose in the context of the story being told at that point of time.

Old 2012-08-12, 02:05   Link #898
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Oops, typo there, I meant the end of the Aincrad arc.

Ultimately, it's fair to assume that the Chapter 24 will be animated as the primary closure point for the Aincrad arc. From the perspective of an isolated anime episode, it would be strange for them to include the Lisbeth scene in any shape or form during the adaption of Chapter 24.

I mean, I like Lisbeth... but I honestly feel that it would serve no purpose in the context of the story being told at that point of time.
Lisbeth's scene could be played before Chapter 24 event, it potrays other players joy of the game clearance while centering on Lisbeth's having a monologue
Old 2012-08-12, 02:08   Link #899
Znail

Ah, you are talking about the Lisbeth scene when the game is cleared. I would guess that they will show that when it happens chronologically if they do it. It's kind of a nice touch to show how the rest of the players was notified of the clearing of the game.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:43   Link #900
sky black swordman

Quote:

I dont mind this but the thing is that Lisbeth cant be one of the friends present I mean in vol 2 she said that she heard they got married and not that they told her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Lisbeth's scene could be played before Chapter 24 event, it potrays other players joy of the game clearance while centering on Lisbeth's having a monologue
My thoughts exactly.