AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-07, 06:36   Link #681
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I would most definitely reject panties from my cousin, along with rejecting my aunts flirting. Am I the only person who finds constant advances from the sister of my mother...not...so hot? or are they like, 4th cousins or something...

also, I found the episode the pretty boring, I guess I just don't care about all the "moe", although the female character designs are quite appealing. Eh, put me in Camp Maekawa.
I'd be totally ok with accepting panties from my beautiful cousin. I have to admit I'd find it very uncomfortable if my aunt -as hot as she might be- started to hit on me though, so I can understand why Makoto isn't enjoying the situation to the fullest.

That said, this is anime! Incest is okay! (well, actually, not anymore thanks to Ishihara). Polygamy is okay! He should totally have a threesome with Meme and Erio. That'd be the dream...
Old 2011-05-07, 06:46   Link #682
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd be totally ok with accepting panties from my beautiful cousin. I have to admit I'd find it very uncomfortable if my aunt -as hot as she might be- started to hit on me though, so I can understand why Makoto isn't enjoying the situation to the fullest.

That said, this is anime! Incest is okay! (well, actually, not anymore thanks to Ishihara). Polygamy is okay! He should totally have a threesome with Meme and Erio. That'd be the dream...
And all those "MOM AND DAUGHTER GETTING F***!!!1!1!!" videos seem to indicate a substantial niche in the explicit materials market...
Old 2011-05-07, 10:34   Link #683
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Can't help but want ErioXMakoto everytime Erio calls him Itoko lol. Yeah, cousin ranks next osananajmi in my moe list, though to be fair, they usually go hand-in-hand. Such a shame this isn't the case in here. Oh well, I'd take what I can get lols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Speaking of enjoying, people on myanimelist doesn't rate this series as high....only 7.something. The animation department should be 20/10 so why so?
You've got to be kidding me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 10:47   Link #684
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Seeing Erio attempt to carry on with her life was heartwarming....
Old 2011-05-07, 10:47   Link #685
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Another good episode. I love the interacting between Makoto and the girls, especially with Erio and Ryuushi(ko). The latter reminds me a lot of Minori from Tora Dora-- she's got that same type of energy.
Old 2011-05-07, 14:28   Link #686
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wish I'd have an aunt like Meme! But no children plz!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 14:31   Link #687
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

According to Wikipedia, about ten percent of all marriages worldwide are between cousins (first or second), and through the full course of human history, perhaps 80 percent of all marriages have been between cousins.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 15:35   Link #688
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wish I'd have an aunt like Meme! But no children plz!
With, or do you mean, pre-attached?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 18:04   Link #689
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I dunno, I think most of you either:

a) don't have close cousins

or

b) have really ugly cousins.

I have the opposite of both, so if one of my cousins or god forbid, one of my aunts, were to be so flirtatious with me, it would be extremely ackward. Has nothing to do with society, it's just downright creepy.

But, as people have said, this is anime, and cousin love could very well be A-Ok in japan, so whatevs.
Old 2011-05-07, 18:26   Link #690
winkel

Erio and Makoto aren't close: they didn't even know each other existed until now, in their HS years, so really they consider each other as cousins in name only. So it's totally plausible that they could realize their feelings for each other.

Of course, it helps that Erio is super cute.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 18:39   Link #691
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The "creepy" feeling has more to do with the Westermarck Effect than their relation to you, especially since humans typically find people who resemble themselves more attractive.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 19:22   Link #692
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Another good episode. I love the interacting between Makoto and the girls, especially with Erio and Ryuushi(ko). The latter reminds me a lot of Minori from Tora Dora-- she's got that same type of energy.
Yea Ryuushi does remind me of Minori as well expect that Ryuushi is like 1000x better, she is just toooooo cute.

I loved the "cake" scene, funny stuff but then any scene with Meme-tan is funny.
Makes me wonder if the cake will forever be a lie?!

oh and the "thank you" scene, nothing like saying thanks to a teenage boy than with a pair of girls underwear

I'm totally loving and thoroughly enjoying this series, also helps that it's got a brilliant OP and ED. Usually a series that stands out on top for me, would usually have a OP or ED that I just couldn't get into.
Old 2011-05-07, 22:35   Link #693
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Most likely this, given all the other ET references, but it's also a wordplay using Erio's name (which Mazui at the very least explained, and Underwater-Commie completely failed to mention).
Indeed. It's "Erio + otto (husband) = Eriotto = Elliott", for those who don't know it yet.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:03   Link #694
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still do not want to admit defeat.... but Makoto ends up to not be such a bad main lead after all (as i claimed before that he was too bland, ordinary). Ok he deserve one girl in that cute cast...

And what the heck did Shaft do to make all of the girls in this series so moe? Did they hypnotise the audiences along the process? Erio just barely lead the group in moe department, and she's like the cutest character out there
Old 2011-05-08, 02:27   Link #695
mysterious

You know aside from not accepting a girl panties and the hot invitation of the aunt (which I wouldnt either in RL), he is a down to earth protagonist that doesnt spout stuff like "I will protect every one peace," and justice things, and I like him that way. Plus, he hasnt managed to make me punch the monitor for his action yet, even including his interactions with various female characters. Though in anime setting, I would still call him gay for throwing away Erio panty and not eat that "cake"
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 02:39   Link #696
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
According to Wikipedia, about ten percent of all marriages worldwide are between cousins (first or second), and through the full course of human history, perhaps 80 percent of all marriages have been between cousins.
Besides, Erio and Makoto are cross-cousins and Iroquois kinship is very very common and heck, even compulsory in certain traditions.
@mysterious: Actually, he is more down to earth because he didn't accept the girl's panties and the hot invitation from his aunt. So the aside part of your argument is unnecessary. No matter how conveniently everyone here claims they would spring at the first opportunity to score their hot aunt or accept a present of panties from their hot cousin, it is an entirely different thing to do so. Makoto is perverted and he knows it himself. He sniffs the pillow his aunt momentarily used as soon as she is out of sight. But you know, being perverted is one thing, being shameless is another.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 04:54   Link #697
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
he is a down to earth protagonist that doesnt spout stuff like "I will protect every one peace," and justice things, and I like him that way. Plus, he hasnt managed to make me punch the monitor for his action yet, even including his interactions with various female characters. Though in anime setting, I would still call him gay for throwing away Erio panty and not eat that "cake"
That's a very weird thing to say considering the setting of this series is literally down to Earth and has nothing (too) abnormal happening, it doesn't allow for Makoto to be a action hero so why are you comparing him to shounen action heroes that would definitely have to say such lines?

Oh yeah, I'm with F_I on this; it's one thing to fantasize about it, it's another thing to actually do it in real life, but even that aside it doesn't make anyone gay not accepting panties from a girl.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 05:15   Link #698
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I dunno, I think most of you either:

a) don't have close cousins

or

b) have really ugly cousins.
I have plenty of cousins, and just because i do doesn't mean i have to be boring about it.

Old 2011-05-08, 05:39   Link #699
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

wowowowowow I've just picked this series up. How did I miss it???

Wonderful characters, great storyline and lovely op and ed.

More importantly a great male lead... woo hoo and the girls are great too!

Epi 1 and 2 were a great start and 3 and 4 were so touching. Really happy for Erio moving on. I wonder what happened to her to make her lose her memories... It must have been a really awful experience.

Really funny how anything involving the aunt equals minus points
Old 2011-05-08, 10:00   Link #700
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I certainly don't recall any mention of other injuries or illness causing him to be hospitalized. But whatever - it's not that important, I just though it was a bit peculiar...
I asked the same thing as you. All he had was a broken arm. No IV was in him or anything. My question was if it was a Japanese thing or an anime thing. They may hospitalize people more in Japan, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't go ruining my dreams.
*crush*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If they weren't his Aunt and cousin, I'd agree but... I just can't.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life