AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 15:18   Link #61
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

No, that's vice Admiral John Giant
Appear once early on to give a speech on justice after Luffy's first bounty, and then again during the buster call ordering the ships and 5 VA's to go to enies lobby

i feel kind of stupid... for some reason, i did not actually expect him to be LITERALLY a giant.... i thought it was just a name =p
Well if you're stupid for that, then so am I... I thought the same thing...

....now I want him to fight Luffy
Old 2008-11-28, 15:36   Link #62
Prestige

God I love this serie
Old 2008-11-28, 15:40   Link #63
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Well if you're stupid for that, then so am I... I thought the same thing...

....now I want him to fight Luffy
Most likely Zoro lol.

Rofl the Schbukai scene was priceless. Kuma and Moria all bleh lol. Man I feel sorry for Hancock if she was there.
Old 2008-11-28, 15:44   Link #64
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
That's something I completely didn't notice, and glad got pointed out to me..

Anyways, I can't believe Mihawks of all people actually came.. I mean.. the guy does whatever he pleases, floating on his small raft.. I guess being threatened to revoke Shitibukai status was enough to lure him out.. either that or he's got his own agenda.

And in the last shot of Luffy, he has such a serious expression while looking at Ace's card.. very befitting imo..
Didn't you guys listen? Mihawk's biggest problem in this world is BOREDOM. Sure, he won't show up to a boring meeting to discuss politics like last time, but to a full-scale war between Whitebeard and the World Government? He probably thinks "Eh...It will kill some time."
Old 2008-11-28, 16:24   Link #65
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
That's something I completely didn't notice, and glad got pointed out to me..

Anyways, I can't believe Mihawks of all people actually came.. I mean.. the guy does whatever he pleases, floating on his small raft.. I guess being threatened to revoke Shitibukai status was enough to lure him out.. either that or he's got his own agenda.

And in the last shot of Luffy, he has such a serious expression while looking at Ace's card.. very befitting imo..
Uhh if you don't remember he was one of the few Shchbukai who actually went to the meeting. It was him, Kuma, and the slave master dude.
Old 2008-11-28, 16:44   Link #66
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Didn't you guys listen? Mihawk's biggest problem in this world is BOREDOM. Sure, he won't show up to a boring meeting to discuss politics like last time, but to a full-scale war between Whitebeard and the World Government? He probably thinks "Eh...It will kill some time."
He's more than likely looking forward to his next battle with Zoro. Which is more than likely the reason he let him live in the first place, so that their battle would be even MORE legendary!
Old 2008-11-28, 17:51   Link #67
Umaibo

OMG! This has to be one of the godliest chapters!

- Boa feeding Luffy (As a Luffy x Boa fan, it is 100% satisfactory)
- The gathering of powerful marines (Smoker, Hina, AoKiji, Kizaru)
- A table of Shichibukai

- Two people on a vacant island.. Zoro x Perona? =p
Old 2008-11-28, 19:25   Link #68
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
- Boa feeding Luffy (As a Luffy x Boa fan, it is 100% satisfactory)

Actually, that was a fantasy that was running through her mind. You'll see what I mean in a moment....

Anyways, cool chapter. I was pretty surprised to see that Chopper ended up in South Blue. Looks like both him and Robin will have the longest distance to travel if they want to reunite with the others. I still think it's awesome that the entire crew is seperated from each other, though. It'll definitely make for some awesome mini-adventures. I'm really interested in Usopp's adventures with that Hercules(n) guy. He actually looks pretty cool.....

Also, another thing that surprised me near the end of the chapter was the reappearance of one of my favorite marines, T-Bone (you can also see Comil, the VA from the Ace ministory, in that same panel), who seems to have gotten a new sword. Nice to see the return of John Giant, Smoker, and Hina as well. I still don't think we'll jump straight to the Impel Down arc right away, though. The next few chapters will probably focus on the rest of the crew's adventures at their respective locations....

Anyways, pics n' stuff:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-28, 20:05   Link #69
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, that was a fantasy that was running through her mind. You'll see what I mean in a moment....

Anyways, cool chapter. I was pretty surprised to see that Chopper ended up in South Blue. Looks like both him and Robin will have the longest distance to travel if they want to reunite with the others. I still think it's awesome that the entire crew is seperated from each other, though. It'll definitely make for some awesome mini-adventures. I'm really interested in Usopp's adventures with that Hercules(n) guy. He actually looks pretty cool.....

Also, another thing that surprised me near the end of the chapter was the reappearance of one of my favorite marines, T-Bone (you can also see Comil, the VA from the Ace ministory, in that same panel), who seems to have gotten a new sword. Nice to see the return of John Giant, Smoker, and Hina as well. I still don't think we'll jump straight to the Impel Down arc right away, though. The next few chapters will probably focus on the rest of the crew's adventures at their respective locations....

Anyways, pics n' stuff:

Spoiler:
I'm sure the next few chapters will be a mix of present time and character adventure.

So Chopper and Robin are no longer in the Grand Line?
Old 2008-11-28, 21:06   Link #70
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I'm sure the next few chapters will be a mix of present time and character adventure.

So Chopper and Robin are no longer in the Grand Line?
that seems to be the case, along with Nami, these guys seems to have the biggest problem of just getting back into the Grandline let alone getting back with the crew.

really do wonder how they all gonna make it back together.

now something I really want to see is Garp's right hand man in action(has he got a name?) bet that guys got skillz
Old 2008-11-28, 21:13   Link #71
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
now something I really want to see is Garp's right hand man in action(has he got a name?) bet that guys got skillz

That swordsman guy who hangs with Garp? His name is Bogart. I believe his name is mentioned in one of the data books....

Speaking of the marines, it's kinda funny how I'm actually more interested in the more "minor" guys like T-Bone, Comil and John Giant rather than the more well-known ones like Smoker and Aokiji. Also, for some reason, I don't see Tsuru anywhere....

Also, I still feel that the reason we haven't seen Akainu yet is because he's at Impel Down. I'm still sticking with the theory that he's the warden of that prison....
Old 2008-11-28, 21:17   Link #72
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Yes, because good storylines should NOT have an appropriate amount of build up to a great war and the fight of the century, or reveal unexpected twists that people have been wanting to know (where the strawhats landed)
I understand showing where the other SH's are is needed But We've BEEN building this war up for too many chapters, too many times
How much more building are we gonna do?
Hell, they didn't even discuss their battle plans for christ sake.
And I am sorry Boa Hancock is totally annoying with her high school girl crush over a little kid who doesn't share the same feelings
All boa is to Luffy is a RIDE
Oda totally killed Boa's character

BTW, anyone catch Mihawk with the single panel seprated from the rest of the Shichibukai with one eye open and the other closed?
It's hard to tell what he is gonna do.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-11-28 at 21:44.
Old 2008-11-28, 21:37   Link #73
Slayerx

Quote:
Anyways, cool chapter. I was pretty surprised to see that Chopper ended up in South Blue. Looks like both him and Robin will have the longest distance to travel if they want to reunite with the others.
or so it seems...
unless you take into account them finding a way of crossing over the calm belt... in that case their distance is not necessarily much worse than anyone else. For all we know, chopper could make it back in 3 days if traveled by "large carnivorous Bird"...

i'm actually am wondering... are we really gonna keep getting glimpses of what's happening to the strawhats... or are they gonna be the subject of the next mini arc... it's just about time to start a new one afterall, and theirs no telling how long it could take to tell this upcoming war... not sure how things will work out if we have like half a chapter focusing on the other strawhats and then the rest on the war... things might move too slowly if that happened, as their is gonna be A LOT going on in the battle that half a chapter would not be sufficient to tell

i already thought of the possibility of oda not focusing on the other strawhats and just giving us a quick rundown of what they went through when they finally got back together... and give the anime a ton of grade-a filler material work with so they can fall behind... hard to say how oda is gonna tell it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
I understand showing where the other SH's are is needed But We've BEEN building this war up for too many chapters, too many times
How much more building are we gonna do?
Hell, they didn't even discuss their battle plans for christ sake.
Plenty... the only build up we got so far was knowing a war was coming
Now we have all of the marines gathering together, every big shot you could possibly name is gonna be there
and now comes the plans for the actions, plans that are made all the more difficult since they have no idea how whitebeard is gonna move... hell we ourselves don't know how whitebeard will strike

a battle of this magnitude with so many unknown factors is not something we can just jump right into... so many epic powers are about to collide... only a fool of a writer would rush this

Quote:
And I am sorry Boa Hancock is totally annoying with her high shcool girl crush over a little kid who doesn't share the same feelings
All boa is to Luffy is a RIDE
Oda totally killed Boa's character
ya, you say that now... As if boa is gonna do NOTHING during this upcoming war; quiet the bold assumption really
we'll see your tune when its time for the war
Old 2008-11-28, 21:43   Link #74
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:

Hancock's daydream about Luffy (notice the thought bubbles connected to her head in the bottom-right panel?)
Hahahahaha
Good eye there Marvel B!!
I didn't realize it was a fantasy by Boa [She is worst than a cheerleader with hot pants].
So Luffy was sitting there looking at Ace's Vivre card all along?
Good lookin Marvel B
Old 2008-11-28, 21:48   Link #75
Slayerx

Quote:
Hahahahaha
I didn't realize it was a fantasy by Boa [She is worst than a cheerleader with hot pants].
Good lookin Marvel B
oh no, Luffy was sitting there stuffing his face full of meat, while Boa was in the corner daydreaming... luffy staring at the card came after

really, she wouldn't be the first villain(well not really any more) to have a hilarious quirk.... she has kicking puppies and loving Luffy, while Ao kiji has his laziness, and Kizaru has his... er... well he's kizaru!
Old 2008-11-28, 21:49   Link #76
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Plenty... the only build up we got so far was knowing a war was coming
Now we have all of the marines gathering together, every big shot you could possibly name is gonna be there
and now comes the plans for the actions, plans that are made all the more difficult since they have no idea how whitebeard is gonna move... hell we ourselves don't know how whitebeard will strike

a battle of this magnitude with so many unknown factors is not something we can just jump right into... only a fool of a writer would do such a thing
Iam not suggesting jumping right into the war
I was suggesting we get some Battle plans thrown down to us
Instead of just character apearrences..AGAIN.

Quote:
ya, you say that now... As if boa is gonna do NOTHING during this upcoming war; quiet the bold assumption really
we'll see your tune when its time for the war
I never said she was weak I expect her to do something in the war
Hell, Sengoku said she's strong
Boa's panels are a waste of time right now
Old 2008-11-28, 21:50   Link #77
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
oh no, Luffy was sitting there stuffing his face full of meat, while Boa was in the corner daydreaming... luffy staring at the card came after
Oh, so Boa FEEDING Luffy was her fantasy but didn't happen?
Old 2008-11-28, 21:57   Link #78
marvelB

Quote:
Hahahahaha
Good lookin Marvel B

Well, it's a bit hard to miss if you don't just skim through the chapter....

Anyway, I still can't get over the reappearance of T-Bone! Y'know, I always thought he would make great ministory material because of his "100 good deeds a day" motto. I'm still crossing my fingers for that ministory to become a reality, in fact....

Also, notice that Jango and Fullbody are with Hina. I wonder if all of the top-tier marines' subordinates will be present for the war? Maybe we'll see Coby and Helmeppo in action, along with Sentoumaru....

...And Sengoku's goat, too. Can't forget the goat.
Old 2008-11-28, 22:06   Link #79
Phenomenal
Banned

T-Bone is Badass, even when he lost to Zoro he still was looking badass!
Yeah I saw Jango and the rest as well.
Old 2008-11-28, 22:14   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
Iam not suggesting jumping right into the war
I was suggesting we get some Battle plans thrown down to us
Instead of just character apearrences..AGAIN.
well actually, we didn't get much in terms of character appearances before this... before this, we only got a shot of Sen Goku when he heard about Whitebeard's movements, and Garp meeting with Ace; and a silhouette of Jinbei... and those were more for the sake of story not character appearances... other than that, we haven't really seen much of the marines that were arriving for battle, or a even a shot of any of the shichibukai
Quote:
I never said she was weak I expect her to do something in the war
Hell, Sengoku said she's strong
Boa's panels are a waste of time right now
actually that was mostly a reaction to "Boa is just giving Luffy a ride" and that Oda had "ruined her character"... however, quirks like what we are seeing out of Boa are a common element in one piece. it's the thing that makes the characters , heroes and villians alike so damn likable... the series is more entertaining that way

i mean, take Kizaru for instance... which is better, the way he is now, or as somekind of stoic, super serious, doesn't take a joke, baddass? i wouldn't trade Kizaru for anyone else

right now, the main purpose of boa's panels was to be downright hilarious... from the marines getting pushed around, to her lovefilled daydreaming, to the marines utter shock over Boa's "appetite"

y'know, if the marines are gonna complain about the lack of food, well... Boa might have a solution for them... afterall, stoen statue's don't need to eat much

"feel free to die, i care not"
"she's the worst!! but... so beautiful!?"

Quote:
Oh, so Boa FEEDING Luffy was her fantasy but didn't happen?
now you got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelB
Also, notice that Jango and Fullbody are with Hina. I wonder if all of the top-tier marines' subordinates will be present for the war? Maybe we'll see Coby and Helmeppo in action, along with Sentoumaru....
well coby and Helmeppo should be a given as they work directly under garp... Sentoumaru is another question though, he was working under Kizaru, be he belongs to the science division; though i'd be willing to bet he will be there with a few cyborgs

we''l probably see the bustercall VA's as well

one thing i can't help but wonder...
why does John Giant get the fanciest coat... no really, his coat is even better than sen goku and the admirals... though sen goku does have the better hat(seagull hat!); though John Giant's is a good second
Closed Thread