AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-14, 14:45   Link #121
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

God, I love this manga!

up to 149:
Spoiler:

Archaic is right that both the quality of EG's scan's and translation was kind of poor but whatever. I'm happy to just get to read it.
Old 2004-07-14, 14:56   Link #122
vitellus314

hmmm but where can i find chapters 131-132??
Old 2004-07-14, 14:58   Link #123
vitellus314

apart from mirc (#shocwave @rizon)...
Old 2004-07-14, 15:08   Link #124
vitellus314

ouf got them http://snoopy007.shackspace.com/GantZ/
Old 2004-07-14, 15:11   Link #125
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Fairly bad quality raws though. Chinese source too, which means twice translated. Going to ruin the translations without a doubt. I'll stick with the ones by Shocwave.
The 119-164 batch of raws I saw seemed ok overall...but they were fairly small compressed jpg files and would make a poor source if anyone attempted to reuse them for english subs.
Old 2004-07-14, 15:32   Link #126
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
On http://www.gotwoot.net ShocWave was considering stopping because the other dude has got so far ahead. He then reconsidered after reading a chapter the other guy did and has vowed to translate as much as he can this week to catch up. This is because of the poor quality of the translations and the picture quality sucked pretty bad.

I guess ill stick with ShocWave since hes been so fast with his releases ill stay loyal and read his quality translations.
Old 2004-07-14, 15:45   Link #127
Spooky-Electric

If only Hawks/Omanga were faster. They have the best translation and quality. I'll move on to Shocwave but still download Hawks/Omanga and replace the Shocwave ones as they become available.
Old 2004-07-14, 16:24   Link #128
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
If only Hawks/Omanga were faster. They have the best translation and quality. I'll move on to Shocwave but still download Hawks/Omanga and replace the Shocwave ones as they become available.
Yeah Hawks/Omanga where better translations but they are didnt release enough, i guess quality over quantity. But people want to read as much of this as they can. Yeah shocwave did start off poorly missing chunks of text and just puttin notes in saying it didnt matter what was being said but he has improved vastly and hes releasing quickly.
Old 2004-07-14, 16:27   Link #129
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-14, 17:03   Link #130
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_less
I have just started watching anime a little while ago and now I am starting on manga. I was wondering why do you talk about manga in terms of chapters and not volumes?
In addition, I was wondering how many volumes and chapters of Gantz are are out?
Because manga is first published in magazines (like Shounen Jump, for example) in chapters, then when 10 or so new chapters have been released, they are released as a volume...

Also fan-translations of manga release a chapter when it's done, they don't wait for an entire volume to be done.

Gantz has 165 chapters so far, but I'm not sure how many volumes are out.
Old 2004-07-14, 17:06   Link #131
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzrielBlack
Yeah Hawks/Omanga where better translations but they are didnt release enough, i guess quality over quantity. But people want to read as much of this as they can. Yeah shocwave did start off poorly missing chunks of text and just puttin notes in saying it didnt matter what was being said but he has improved vastly and hes releasing quickly.
The scans used by Hawks/Omanga are also distinctive in their high quality. Which can be nice because frequently in Gantz the images rather than character dialog are relied on to tell the story. For instance Ch 149 p8 to p16. Aside from the addition of sound effects, the story is carried by action in the images (with very little that requires translation).
Old 2004-07-14, 17:08   Link #132
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
For instance Ch 149 p8 to p16. Aside from the addition of sound effects, the story is carried by action in the images (with very little that requires translation).
That goes for most of Gantz IMO. It's a very visual manga.

Which makes it very suitable for an anime adaptation...
Old 2004-07-14, 18:59   Link #133
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
The 119-164 batch of raws I saw seemed ok overall...but they were fairly small compressed jpg files and would make a poor source if anyone attempted to reuse them for english subs.
Umm no... if you notice the scans that Jojo (for Chinese scanlates) uses, you will know they use large fairly high quality scans, so there are large high quality raw scans for Gantz out there.

Sidenote: It should be noted that the released tankoubons for Gantz are only up to Vol 12(or 13) at the moment. Vol 12 is roughly chapter 139 (off my head recollection). So anything beyond that is coming straight off the weeklies/monthlies cheap magazines and would be of slightly lower or equal quality than coming from the tankoubons (dependent on raw scanner capability).
Old 2004-07-14, 23:46   Link #134
Spyderz

forgive me if my translations were bad,im extremely new to manga translations
besides,i was pulled in by EG in such a short time
and yes,i translated via the chinese scans,so if there were any discrepancies between the jap scans and these,i dont really know
all i know is i did my best in translation and made sure the english text were 95%+ similar to the chinese text and rephrased to make the sentence sound right as possible
btw,i started off from 140-157
Old 2004-07-15, 03:07   Link #135
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderz
forgive me if my translations were bad,im extremely new to manga translations
besides,i was pulled in by EG in such a short time
and yes,i translated via the chinese scans,so if there were any discrepancies between the jap scans and these,i dont really know
all i know is i did my best in translation and made sure the english text were 95%+ similar to the chinese text and rephrased to make the sentence sound right as possible
btw,i started off from 140-157
Would you mind putting a link to where we can find your work then? Its not your fault, your trying your best with what you have i guess? Damn i feel bad for saying the stuff i said now. : sorry.
Old 2004-07-15, 03:27   Link #136
Spyderz

nah nvm,since that would be my first and last proj
i only helped EG catch up with the latest chinese scans
now that they done it,most likely they dont need a chinese translator because they would switch to jap scans

but in a different point of view,that means i got more time to game on my uber rig
Old 2004-07-15, 08:46   Link #137
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Umm no... if you notice the scans that Jojo (for Chinese scanlates) uses, you will know they use large fairly high quality scans, so there are large high quality raw scans for Gantz out there.

Sidenote: It should be noted that the released tankoubons for Gantz are only up to Vol 12(or 13) at the moment. Vol 12 is roughly chapter 139 (off my head recollection). So anything beyond that is coming straight off the weeklies/monthlies cheap magazines and would be of slightly lower or equal quality than coming from the tankoubons (dependent on raw scanner capability).
Should have clarified this a bit in my earlier post. Was just looking the differences between the Jojo raws off digitalpanic, and some of the raws released in the batch torrents by k-o. Just seemed like the k-o jpg's might have had the compression a little bit aggresive to shrink the file sizes down for easier distribution.
Old 2004-07-15, 11:38   Link #138
Silent Otaku

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-15, 12:32   Link #139
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Otaku
Spoiler:
to answer your questions:
1. i don't think there's hints how Kishimoto live on her own after she got kick out by Kei, all we know is that she somehow manage to live by herself for a few days till been "recall" by Gantz.
2. don't think so...her role in the manga is pretty much over (maybe some cover pic of her in bikini or something ) but who knows -- the manga is really hard to predict what will happen next
3. by "this" you mean the manga? NO, the crazyness is just started!!!!
Old 2004-07-15, 14:11   Link #140
soul_less

thanks a bunch
Closed Thread