AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-03-30, 09:52   Link #3581
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Question Where can I upload stories other then FF? My FF expired and I can't get the chapter I uploaded because.. well, It isn't there anymore.

A fanfiction site that doesn't give me a time requirement. Or can I make my own thread on the Fan creations? (no links, just chapters... So I have to guess that's a 'no.)

Alternatives and help would be appreciated.
As you said, you could create a thread in FC. Have a chat to Evil Rick or Ricky Controversy about that sort of thing, as they both have their own threads deidicated to that sort of thing. Here's a link to each of their threads;

Evil Rick presents Master Light
Controversy's Shorts(tories)

Can't help you on any other FF sites, as FanFiction.net was the only one I knew about.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 11:26   Link #3582
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
According to the picture and description it seem that you wear it waist high. And yes, these sizings seem to have a bigger difference between waist-hips than westerns usually have. I think the difference in waist-hips in western(European) charting is usually about 25-26 cm, here it's 29 cm. So the more accurate thing to say here would be that Japanese women have wider hips, which make their waists look smaller.
I wish you hadn't said this because I now find myself looking at Tokyo women's hips to see if they are really wider than those of Western women... Definitely risking some serious legal and physical punishment here, but given it's now spring and mini- and short skirts are back in fashion, it wasn't hard to do.

*cough* On a purely scientific interest - but on a totally unscientific basis - I would say that the... width varies just as those of Western women. That skirt style, I remember seeing it in vogue a few years ago. It was meant for the young trendy OL's, I think - Otemachi by day and Ometesando/Aoyama by night - and these women were never even close to being overweight, however.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 23:24   Link #3583
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My wife plans to replace/create her entire wardrobe when we visit Japan. She's absolutely had it with American stores and fashion that have "supersized" sizes (e.g. a size 0 USED to be a size 4) and rarely carry clothing for anyone under size 6. She often dresses loli-fied because there's often no other choice. The silly thing is that her size simply isn't that unusual in cities with significant asian populations.
Old 2010-04-01, 00:22   Link #3584
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My wife plans to replace/create her entire wardrobe when we visit Japan. She's absolutely had it with American stores and fashion that have "supersized" sizes (e.g. a size 0 USED to be a size 4) and rarely carry clothing for anyone under size 6. She often dresses loli-fied because there's often no other choice. The silly thing is that her size simply isn't that unusual in cities with significant asian populations.
You should be lucky that you have your own loli.

Convince her out of it. Tell her that you think she looks cute in that way.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 01:13   Link #3585
LynnieS

I've given up on clothes found in the U.S. a long time ago... and even in regular clothes outlets in Tokyo, I can't find clothes (specifically business- or business/casual-styled pants) that fit both my waist and the length of my legs.

Old 2010-04-05, 08:05   Link #3586
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
How do I write these letters with my keyboard ?
à, è
I read it works like CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE), the letter but that was only in Words and doesn't work for example in other programs
So how do I do it
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:31   Link #3587
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
How do I write these letters with my keyboard ?
à, è
I read it works like CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE), the letter but that was only in Words and doesn't work for example in other programs
So how do I do it
What programs are you trying to get this to work for?

On Windows, to display 'à' the keystroke is ALT + 0224. You can view the different keystrokes for different characters via the character map (start > run > charmap).

On Mac go to System Preferences > International > Input Menu > Character Palette. On Mac I think it's the same as Windows in having shortcut to displaying certain characters. These can be displayed in the Character Palette.

Hope this helps.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 10:18   Link #3588
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

^Forgot where this came from...but it has been in my Pictures folder for quite a long time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-05, 10:57   Link #3589
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Aah thank you, well I was inserting some text fields in a video edit program Sony Vegas, the words were in French and when those letters had to be typed it was like a very long thinking pause going on
And yes windows
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 11:03   Link #3590
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Aah thank you, well I was inserting some text fields in a video edit program Sony Vegas, the words were in French and when those letters had to be typed it was like a very long thinking pause going on
And yes windows
Well if it doesn't work again, let us know. If we can't help, we can recommend you something that might, namely this :

Old 2010-04-06, 04:52   Link #3591
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Ok I'm in a real dilemma right now. I'm not even sure if this questions is qualified for this thread but I need to hear as many opinions from as many people as possible.

Failing a subject in college would show up in your transcript. How big of a problem can this be when you're going to get a job?

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:41   Link #3592
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
Ok I'm in a real dilemma right now. I'm not even sure if this questions is qualified for this thread but I need to hear as many opinions from as many people as possible.

Failing a subject in college would show up in your transcript. How big of a problem can this be when you're going to get a job?
Depends on whether the subject is relevant to your future job. If it is not, it isn't a problem.

Besides, the transcript is only a passport to your career. The rest of it would be all on your ability to suck up and pet down.

Old 2010-04-06, 08:48   Link #3593
LynnieS

Quote:

It depends, IMHO. Is the class one of those in your major? If so, you'll have to make it up the next time it is offered, which could delay your graduation unless you (1) take an overload in a later semester or (2) take it in a summer program - if your school allows it.

Your GPA will be affected as well, so if you are looking at a program that has a GPA threshold, you could run the risk of being excluded from it automatically. In the U.S., for example, programs offered by consulting companies and so on have/had these. However, if the class is a "fluff" class, you may be able to explain it away in the interview. As the number of years pass, this becomes less important - unless you apply to graduate school, of course.

If it is not too late, though, could you drop the class without being penalized?

Old 2010-04-06, 10:10   Link #3594
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:

OK.... I am assuming by college you mean something like HSC or A levels?
[ In US, college means university ]

When you go to get a job, no one cares about what grades you got in college. People ask what you did in university and 90% of them don't even ask what class you got for your degree.

So, you are OK and don't need to be worried. But, try not to get F's... drop problematic subjects if necessary.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 14:07   Link #3595
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:

That depends on who/how you are, where you live, which people you know, the significance of the subject in the context of your studies....

If you are going to be employed in a working environment were teamwork is important, your personality is at least as important as your other qualifications.

Many employers want to have people who are proactive, who have shown the initiatve to work as student workers in the field where they want to work later on (for example). If you get a good written evaluation of your work, that can be worth as much as good marks in college. This is in part because theory isn't everything and many employers know about this.

However, should your education limit your job perspectives to professions that are highly overrun, you need to be top, because of the increased competition that you will face under such job-market conditions. Now lets assume you were not top notch in your field, then your only chance are contacts to people in the right positions. Which is in part dependend on your socializing skills... (and well, lets be honest... your looks/health/social standing - personnel managers would not admit it, because of equality rules and such, but these things will have a certain impact too).
Old 2010-04-06, 14:56   Link #3596
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
Quote:

It depends on the company's standards, some of them requires a minimum of 2 failing marks while other requires none. However, if you're applying on fast food chains, costumer support or some jobs that doesn't require any major technical skills, having a failing subject won't be a problem.
A l l e l u j a h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 17:21   Link #3597
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
It depends on the company's standards, some of them requires a minimum of 2 failing marks while other requires none.
Um, are you saying some companies want you to have failed at least two classes?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 22:27   Link #3598
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Um, are you saying some companies want you to have failed at least two classes?
No, I mean some of them accepts a minimum of two failing marks. Sorry about that.
Old 2010-04-06, 22:32   Link #3599
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
No, I mean some of them accepts a minimum of two failing marks. Sorry about that.
I think the word you're looking for is "maximum".

Minimum implies "at least". Maximum implies "at most".

Cheers.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:50   Link #3600
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

^
Right, crap what is wrong with me today, Thanks bro

Tags
problem, q&a, serious