3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-04, 14:48   Link #61
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
We could make a valid complaint about the Bisidians' infiltration mission, the ease with which they got in was ridiculous. The entire army pretty much disappeared and let them stroll into Second Moon. Then there's the AGE device seemingly being left in plain sight...I think these might be legit issues, but the fracking pills?
Well their led by......
Dare i say it?

A Super Pirate.

I like the episode as it introduces a character that serves as an tool to change a character.

I will say this much, Lu is a better character then Yurin, Legit Happiness right there... None of this, "Hi i just met you, this is crazy.. So im going to take this 7 year old kid's offer to join your Enemy, so i can see you maybe?"
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:46   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Plenty of things to laugh at if you want to from the episode. I mostly found it funny that Kio thought that bargain was such a great idea. He is a young guy so probably would rank helping the Vagans make a super weapon at the same level as easing the suffering of a girl he knows. Objectively the worst decision made by an Asuno to this point, but he is the youngest too. Will just have to clean up after himself. And probably should just make sure not to mention how he created a major problem for them for a girl .

Does follow the family tradition of a tragic loss. Flit (Yurin), Asemu (Woolf), and now Kio (Lu and that woman with a name I can't remember how to spell ). The difference here of course being that it wasn't a death caused in battle. There is no one he can specifically hate and vent at. Decil is dead so can't just go after him anymore . Now Kio is stuck grieving and not really having anyone to hate, but maybe the war itself. If both sides could just figure this out then people wouldn't be growing up to die in the Mars sphere. Does feel like this will push Kio into a Kira territory though will be a pain not to kill anyone with how they use the heads as cockpits .

The shoddy security is pretty comical, but is it anything new? The Feds had some pretty sad security measures in their colonies and seems like the Vagans are the same. Besides it's not that shocking in some ways. Who's ever attacked them there? Besides Flit's attack in Generation 1 they've always been on the offensive. Having a ship sneak in that close and then attack would catch you by surprise. They might not have much of anything left there either. Most should be attacking Earth, in cold sleep, or hunting for EXA-DB. Besides considering how long it seems Kio has been there have to think they waited for the perfect chance to attack. It's still rather shoddy security, but we've seen worse.

Maybe this new Gundam thing won't be a big deal. I mean the AGE-3 has hardly impressed. So maybe it's actually really pathetic . Regardless I'm sure Kio and Asemu will be able to slip out of this and get out of there.

Will say that despite her death being rather predictable Lu was a cute girl. Certainly the type that fits as an innocent victim. Just really kind and sweet. At least she really got to enjoy her last few days. On a side note think Wendy better contact Emily. Needs to get some tips since she'll be following a similar pattern of slipping in after the main love interest dies off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I think it's pathetic that out of all the things they could complain about, they choose Kio and the pills. He was being naive, but when you consider the alternative, he made the most out of the situation. Ezelcant could easily have tortured him and gotten the code anyway, at least this way he was able to bring happiness to someone, albeit for a short time.

We could make a valid complaint about the Bisidians' infiltration mission, the ease with which they got in was ridiculous. The entire army pretty much disappeared and let them stroll into Second Moon. Then there's the AGE device seemingly being left in plain sight...I think these might be legit issues, but the fracking pills?
Wait so it's more valid to complain about the infiltration than Kio just handing over the ability to make a super-weapon to the Vagans. If we're going to cut Kio slack for doing something stupid, let's cut the writers slack too. Or could just say that the people acting as security for that colony got lazy due to...no one ever going there. People do stupid things, so it's all fine .

Don't see what makes complaining about Kio more 'pathetic' than complaining about any other weak points.
Old 2012-07-04, 18:50   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The shoddy security is pretty comical, but is it anything new? The Feds had some pretty sad security measures in their colonies and seems like the Vagans are the same. Besides it's not that shocking in some ways. Who's ever attacked them there? Besides Flit's attack in Generation 1 they've always been on the offensive. Having a ship sneak in that close and then attack would catch you by surprise. They might not have much of anything left there either. Most should be attacking Earth, in cold sleep, or hunting for EXA-DB. Besides considering how long it seems Kio has been there have to think they waited for the perfect chance to attack. It's still rather shoddy security, but we've seen worse.
It's a running joke in the Gundam fandom (the good side of it) how shoddy the security is in the military organizations and how they practically sometimes leave the Gundam with the keys in the ignition waiting to be stolen by whatever spy walks by. My favorite is probably Anavel Gato just walking by and saluting everyone and nobody thinks to confirm his credentials as he strolls right up to the GP-02 and just takes it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 19:34   Link #64
justsomeguy

I don't think the rescue operation was too bad at all. The Vagans were caught unawares, and presumably they don't want an all-out battle inside their own colony (Ezelcant told Zanald to minimize the damage) when they can have the Legilis and Zamdrag waiting outside.

And while Kio made the wrong and "stupid" decision in letting the Vagans get at the AGE Device's innards, he's a young kid who's prioritizing his friends over some greater purpose. His failing is not that he's stupid, but rather that he has a heart.

The question now is how the story will proceed. Ezelcant himself has half a year left, Dorene is fond of Kio and doesn't seem to have any nefarious motives, and at least one Vagan (Deen) knows that not all Earthers are not whatever Ezelcant has portrayed them as.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 19:48   Link #65
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I doubt Ezelcant was "messing" with Kio. In fact he seemed dead serious about how the kid reminded him of his late son.

Don't get me wrong, Ezelcant is still a "villain" of sorts. But he's not passed the moral event horizon.

Kio giving access to the AGE device? Dumb move, but it's typical for Kio to do something like that. If he didn't, it'd be breaking character.

Ezelcant giving him the medicine isn't manipulative. It's just him complying to one of his demands.

I mean, I doubt he actually HAS enough medicine to spread it amongst EVERYONE. The pills he gave Kio probably came from the military stash.

You don't see any of the "poor people" hate Ezelcant for prioritizing the military over them. So I don't see how you can see Ezelcant as a tyrant to his own people.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:09   Link #66
Key Board
Carbon

remember the late Kim Jong Il

his people WORSHIPED him despite all the abuse of power he did that was clear to the intentional world

if you're within the bubble, it's the hard to see what's wrong with your own leader

especially when it's clear that your leader has a vast technological advantage to control all information coming in and out
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:52   Link #67
WefiDasst

would be more interesting to see Ezelcant having a cure for the Mars Rays, with Lu living, which leaves a nice plot of Ezelcant using Lu as a "tool" to try to get kio to Join him as a replacement for his Son.

"Join me, and become my family" kinda thing
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 00:33   Link #68
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The question now is how the story will proceed. Ezelcant himself has half a year left, Dorene is fond of Kio and doesn't seem to have any nefarious motives, and at least one Vagan (Deen) knows that not all Earthers are not whatever Ezelcant has portrayed them as.
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it take Earth satellites and probes about 9-10 months to reach Mar's orbit?

If technology advanced enough then maybe it's 3-5 months but Ezcelant would be dead or close to it by the time he gets to the Earth sphere.

And if he's piloting the suit that'll put pressure on his body and probably speed up the disease.

But then again this is an anime show....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:29   Link #69
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I doubt Ezelcant was "messing" with Kio. In fact he seemed dead serious about how the kid reminded him of his late son.

Don't get me wrong, Ezelcant is still a "villain" of sorts. But he's not passed the moral event horizon.

Kio giving access to the AGE device? Dumb move, but it's typical for Kio to do something like that. If he didn't, it'd be breaking character.

Ezelcant giving him the medicine isn't manipulative. It's just him complying to one of his demands.

I mean, I doubt he actually HAS enough medicine to spread it amongst EVERYONE. The pills he gave Kio probably came from the military stash.

You don't see any of the "poor people" hate Ezelcant for prioritizing the military over them. So I don't see how you can see Ezelcant as a tyrant to his own people.
Ezelcant even told Kio that the pills would just relieve the symptoms and give her a little more time, not actually cure her and even straight up asked Kio if he was absolutely sure about making this deal.
Old 2012-07-05, 06:36   Link #70
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
remember the late Kim Jong Il

his people WORSHIPED him despite all the abuse of power he did that was clear to the intentional world

if you're within the bubble, it's the hard to see what's wrong with your own leader

especially when it's clear that your leader has a vast technological advantage to control all information coming in and out
Except Ezelcant's cruelty does not extend to his own people.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:59   Link #71
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Except Ezelcant's cruelty does not extend to his own people.
Or does it? Given the obvious military first policy. We don't know any dissenters but any dissenters would be dealt with by Secret Police. Remember what that guy told Kio. They are watching him.

In his talk with young Zeheart Ezelcant promises to bring peace. Now does that mean peace in Earth Sphere where he is bringing war? Which prior to his war was at its century of peace.

No he meant bringing peace to Mars Sphere by giving it an external enemy that would distract the populace from domestic problems.

The alternative would be the Vegans killing each other over scant resources.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 12:20   Link #72
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

RIP Yurin mk.2. You will not be missed.

No seriously, I dunno if it's because Yurin made me hardened or that they didn't tell the story of Lu all that well, but I can't muster enough feelings for Lu. Regardless, something went wrong with the story, as I just felt meh when Kio started crying for her. Which is weird, as I've felt more for the death of Shana-whatever-her-name-is (I swear it's too weird to remember!)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:06   Link #73
janipani

Once again I try to find humour in naivety. Otherwise I couldn't keep watching this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
RIP Yurin mk.2. You will not be missed.

No seriously, I dunno if it's because Yurin made me hardened or that they didn't tell the story of Lu all that well, but I can't muster enough feelings for Lu. Regardless, something went wrong with the story, as I just felt meh when Kio started crying for her. Which is weird, as I've felt more for the death of Shana-whatever-her-name-is (I swear it's too weird to remember!)
Well.. this is totally natural. Lu has no depth in her character.. how could you possible care?

[mod edit: removed needlessly provocative comment...]

-Best anime was made in 80s-

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-05 at 14:52.
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:09   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow they are really coming out of the woodwork this week. I can safely say I've never seen half the people posting in this thread in any other episode thread for this show before nor am I likely to see them again. My guess is 4chan really blew up on this episode and it's been attracting extra attention.

I'm ready for the next episode already, reading the thread for this weeks episode has honestly been pretty exhausting. The way this fandom just loves to beat a dead horse never ceases to amaze me even as I think I'm starting to get used to it. You could probably make entire specific topic threads over the things that people get excessively butthurt over when it comes to Gundam and I remember saying that during Gundam 00 as well. Still holds very true though with AGE...at least some weeks.

I'll say this, I kind of hope there aren't anymore female character deaths and Kio being naive if for no reason other than I don't have to witness what went on in the fandom this week again. It's a really toxic atmosphere and to be honest I'm a little embarassed and don't really want to be considered part of this fandom at the moment. I'm not some ragetard after all.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-07-05 at 13:26.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:17   Link #75
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I don't think Wendy is going to die on us since she has the childhood friend plot shield...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:40   Link #76
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Or does it? Given the obvious military first policy. We don't know any dissenters but any dissenters would be dealt with by Secret Police. Remember what that guy told Kio. They are watching him.

In his talk with young Zeheart Ezelcant promises to bring peace. Now does that mean peace in Earth Sphere where he is bringing war? Which prior to his war was at its century of peace.

No he meant bringing peace to Mars Sphere by giving it an external enemy that would distract the populace from domestic problems.

The alternative would be the Vegans killing each other over scant resources.
I don't get where you are getting these weird stories from. Secret Police? What the hell? It's a FACT that the Mars Sphere is hazardous, and that resources are at a premium. You may not agree with Ezelcant's military first policy, and neither do I, but there is NOTHING that suggests that there would be enough medicine to go around for everyone. And even if there was, it would only ease the pain, not cure it.
Old 2012-07-05, 15:00   Link #77
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it take Earth satellites and probes about 9-10 months to reach Mar's orbit?

If technology advanced enough then maybe it's 3-5 months but Ezcelant would be dead or close to it by the time he gets to the Earth sphere.

And if he's piloting the suit that'll put pressure on his body and probably speed up the disease.

But then again this is an anime show....
Current space probes cruise on momentum and gravitational slingshots. In Gundam world, though, there are large spacecraft that can carry large amounts of fuel and keep their engines firing and accelerating. The time between Earth and Mars should take weeks at most, not months, assuming both planets are on the same side of the Sun.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:06   Link #78
ri.kenji
Lazy Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Speaking of which, why does a brand new, independently built MS even need Age Device anyway?
Perhaps the AGE device is now the CPU of the Gundam. They can clone the hardware down to the last atom, but it will be missing a key part that allows the hardware to work.
ri.kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:18   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Asem thought that the AGE System could be used to find the EXA-DB. It's entirely possible that Ezelcant is thinking along the same lines and plans on using the Gundam Legilis to find the EXA-DB.
Old 2012-07-05, 20:27   Link #80
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
But isn't the AGE Builder the actual core of the system itself? The PDA is simply the key to accessing it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion