AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 59 51.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-22, 09:59   Link #81
relentlessflame

*Administrator

1. This is not a thread to compare Accel World to SAO. This is a thread to discuss Accel World Episode 24.

2. Relevant comparisons to other shows (relevant to the topic of this thread!) require properly-labelled spoiler tags.

A bunch of posts have been removed, and will be processed later today.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:45   Link #82
ookamigirl

Haru vs Nomi!
A flying battle, that was pretty cool.
At first I thought Chiyu betrayed him again, but getting the wings back was the best thing that he could' ve hoped for.
Seems like Haru has even cooler version of wings now.
Hope Chiyu will you her power to turn back time for good from now on.
Nomi finally out of Brain Burst world for good.
I'm glad Nomi's personality totally changed after the game disappeared from his head.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-09-22, 13:54   Link #83
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

A very satisfying finish to a very good series.

I really liked that punch chopping Dusk Taker in half. Very impressive! I admit, I also raged a bit when Lime Bell made her move, but I had to remind myself, she has a good reason. Fortunately, she explained herself later.

Seeing Dusk Taker wail and grovel was extremely delicious. However, seeing Happy Nomi, as interesting as it was, still reminded me of how much I hate his voice.

I definitely think there will be a second season. After all, Haru still has Chrome Disaster to deal with.

Endless "Raker, I need you!" Soul
Old 2012-09-22, 14:01   Link #84
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
I wonder if he will retain his new wings. Seeing he return the enhance armament to Fuuko.
Old 2012-09-22, 14:21   Link #85
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The wings look the same to me, especially since Chiyu's ability is time reversal, it wouldn't make sense if his wings got a new version.
It probably looks different, since he still had Gale Thrusters equipped, given him even further acceleration than usual.
Even then, the extreme acceleration he displayed might not appear again, even if he equipped Gale Thrusters. He kept recharging its gauge constantly, due to the emotions he felt when he got them back.
Old 2012-09-22, 14:50   Link #86
clef

Disappointed in myself for not piecing together the clues about Chiyu's avatar and abilities. Seeing as Chiyu has a desire to return her friendship with Haru and Taku back to when they were children, the clock used with Citron call to reverse time makes total sense.
Old 2012-09-22, 14:54   Link #87
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I realised it was time reversal based healing but that's all. I didn't realise it could apply to more than just HP.
Old 2012-09-22, 15:01   Link #88
Tsukou

You know, one thing hit me after rewatching this final episode. I thought the VA for Haruyuki, Yuki Kaji, did a really good job. I remember when I saw the first episode, this was when Guilty Crown was maybe midseason, I thought that Ouma Shu would end up bleeding over to Haruyuki for me, but by the end of the series I definitely forgot they were done by the same person.

Even just by the little differences that Shu's voice is lower by a bit than Haruyuki's really made a difference and a distinction between the two, and I thought it was really well done.

Great series overall, hope season 2 gets announced.
Old 2012-09-22, 16:32   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just a random comment. Kuroyukihime's transition of emotions after Haru's "confession" are pretty funny. First, she's totally embarrassed, and then she realizes he didn't mean it, and she goes back to neutral "oh he didn't mean it...", to dejected: "too bad".

As a second point, what is it exactly that she did to clear Haru's name? She adjusted the "lost property" list? I think I've forgotten a little bit of the details... how does this clear him?
Old 2012-09-22, 16:32   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
You know, one thing hit me after rewatching this final episode. I thought the VA for Haruyuki, Yuki Kaji, did a really good job. I remember when I saw the first episode, this was when Guilty Crown was maybe midseason, I thought that Ouma Shu would end up bleeding over to Haruyuki for me, but by the end of the series I definitely forgot they were done by the same person.

Even just by the little differences that Shu's voice is lower by a bit than Haruyuki's really made a difference and a distinction between the two, and I thought it was really well done.

Great series overall, hope season 2 gets announced.
Spoiler for Comparison to Guilty Crown:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-22 at 16:40. Reason: Added spoiler tags for the more in-depth comparison
Old 2012-09-22, 17:43   Link #91
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Nice how they dropped the "Sachan!" at the end. Damn, I totaly stopped being curious about KYH's name but this one braught it all back.
Funny. I totaly hated Nomi, but when he was all amnesiac, happy and unevil, I forgave him.

I will miss this show. I hope for a next season.

And now that I know how the song is called: I always thought the now start playing X-Japan's "The Last Song" whenever the played "Way Home" as BGM. >.<
Old 2012-09-22, 18:21   Link #92
GundamZZ
残念美人

The naked flying Haruyuki reminds me about Kid Ikari. When he is about to fall, his naked senpai suddenly appear at his right side and left side. He's able to boost again. The conclusion is "Don't underestimate the power generated by erotic thoght!"

Chiyuri and Kuroyukihime's "secret handshake" kinda bother me. Oh well, it's probably Japanes style. So, it's abridged.

It's also surprising an online game can influence so many people at the end. They are all lost in thought.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-09-22 at 18:36.
Old 2012-09-22, 18:40   Link #93
ak4allz
NightlyArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The naked flying Haruyuki reminds me about Kid Ikari. When he is about to fall, his naked senpai suddenly appear at his right side and left side. He's able to boost again. The conclusion is "Don't underestimate the power generated by erotic thoght!"
ROFL! I don't mind to use this kind source of motivation during my exam if I must... I wonder how erotic thoughts can solve god-level differential equation. Must be hard to use incarnate system on exam papers... haha
Old 2012-09-22, 19:39   Link #94
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Oh man, it's over. I really hope there'll be a season 2.

I really liked that ending theme. Think it played somewhere in a previous episode before, but I cant remember where.
Old 2012-09-22, 19:46   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm thoroughly satisfied with this end.

Ultimately, it really did fall to Haru to defeat Noumi, and I liked that. I'm glad that KYH's impact was just in cancelling out with Black Vice, and providing some cheerleading to Haru.

The final fight between Haru and Noumi did not disappoint whatsoever in either the spectacle department, the choreography department, or in the emotional catharsis department. It delivered in flying colors in all three ways. Unlike some viewers, I even liked it when Noumi turned into a totally pathetic creature shamelessly begging for mercy. I thought it was a poignant moment that showed just how utterly rotten a person Burst Linking had turned him into - When you compare Noumi in his final moments as a Burst Linker to Post-Burst Link Noumi, it's clear how Haru actually did the guy a favor.

It's even as if Haru exorcised the great darkness that had totally warped Noumi's heart and mind, because the Noumi we see later seems as totally harmless and friendly as a member of K-On's light music club.

Then there's how this episode clued up several subarcs, and didn't leave any important subplot hanging. The rationale behind Chiyu's actions were provided, and I have to admit that her plan was an understandable one. Chiyu's plan was risky, but it made some sense, and her heart was in the right place I think. Still, I hope the narrative never makes Chiyu do something like this again, as I'm not sure if her character perception could withstand it well.

We get a brief conversation between the Red King and Pard, which was nice to see as they did play roles in this arc.

And then there was the reunion scene between Sky Raker and KYH - Now that was a real joy to behold; bestill my yuri-loving heart!

A thoroughly satisfying, and in many ways fantastic, conclusion to Accel World. It does raise my estimation of this show some.

10/10 for Episode 24. It really does deserve it, imo.
Old 2012-09-22, 20:07   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Then there's how this episode clued up several subarcs, and didn't leave any important subplot hanging.
It even gave some context to the importance of Kuroyukihime's mini-arc in the middle when we finally understood what losing the game meant giving up (i.e. your memories of the game and the relationships formed within it), which added even more significance to the present she was given (nicely shown here). Plus the way they showed Megumi's jealousy through the window was a hilarious coda to the way that particular arc ended.

So yeah, it was quite satisfying the way everything was cleanly resolved, while obviously leaving the door open for more stories to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Unlike some viewers, I even liked it when Noumi turned into a totally pathetic creature shamelessly begging for mercy. I thought it was a poignant moment that showed just how utterly rotten a person Burst Linking had turned him into - When you compare Noumi in his final moments as a Burst Linker to Post-Burst Link Noumi, it's clear how Haru actually did the guy a favor.
Yes, this is actually one of the major themes of the show that was at play in all three of the main arcs; the theme of, basically, "absolute power corrupts absolutely". First we see that with Taku, and his struggle for redemption. Then, with second arc with the Chrome Disaster (where the person literally had to be "saved" from the evil that took over). And now, of course, with the third arc: how the game and greed twisted someone to the point where, as you say, losing the game is almost salvation more than anything else. We don't yet know why Brain Burst was created, but obviously this theme of power, responsibility, and corruption is one of the main themes the author is trying to explore in this work.
Old 2012-09-22, 20:59   Link #97
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just watched the show. I came into this series in the opposite position to SAO (having not read the light novels )... anyway, solid end to the series. I liked how KYH showed up with the reins to control that creature, and watching this ep, I can't help but feel that there was some SAO shoutouts (though they seem to be unconscious to me).

Also liked Sacchan and Fuuko's reconciliation. Friendship end FTW.

All in all, solid series - quite fun, and decently enjoyable. I guess if SAO were a steak, this' be a lamb course? *shrug*

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-22, 21:45   Link #98
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Perfect ending to the arc and series.

Only thing that would make it better? A second season!
pretty much this.
Old 2012-09-22, 23:26   Link #99
HandofFate

Decent end.
Good catch on the startup of the healing is actually a clock turning backwards. I assumed that Chiyu needed to boost her power to restore Haru's wings.
But I just thought she would have another Restore move to learn, but it was just increasing the amount of time to reverse.

Having said that....jeez, Lv4(?) and she's able to reverse like 2 weeks of time? (years in accel world) @ Level 9, Would she be able to reverse Accel World to the very beginning of its existance?

Not really sure what the history between Raker and Kuro is, guess that be known more if there's ever another season.

Glad Haru actually finished Nomi off, was afraid Haru would spare him.
Laughed that Nomi pretty much got brain damage and turned into an infant. Especially when he tried flapping his wings in the dojo. So sad its funny.

The little montage of showing everyone that had any part this whole season was very nice.

Kuro is cool other than her fat fetish with Haru.
Old 2012-09-22, 23:45   Link #100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not really sure what the history between Raker and Kuro is, guess that be known more if there's ever another season.
I think this was addressed at least to some degree in the episode where Haru met Sky Raker for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Kuro is cool other than her fat fetish with Haru.
I think it's rather unkind to say that someone attracted to someone who's overweight has a fat fetish... to both parties involved... She could actually just like him for who he is...