AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 21 38.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-13, 00:46   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Death Note Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 22!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread, or face a BAN!
    You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for reminder:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!
Old 2007-03-13, 19:15   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, they took there time with this episode --- i pretty much thought that the material used for this episode would only taken up half of an episode, though they did a wonderful job at explaining L's plan, and ending the episode at the perfect time. Also, i'd like to point out that the preview for next episode was also well-done. :3
Old 2007-03-13, 20:17   Link #3
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, they took there time with this episode --- i pretty much thought that the material used for this episode would only taken up half of an episode, though they did a wonderful job at explaining L's plan, and ending the episode at the perfect time. Also, i'd like to point out that the preview for next episode was also well-done. :3
Really? When I went through the manga, I got the feeling that it would have taken longer than an entire episode to include all the stuff in it. I thought that they made good use of cuts to fit it perfectly.
Old 2007-03-13, 20:27   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Really? When I went through the manga, I got the feeling that it would have taken longer than an entire episode to include all the stuff in it. I thought that they made good use of cuts to fit it perfectly.
Hmm, its pretty much what i thought while watching the episode --- though the pacing made perfect scene with how they ended the episode.
Old 2007-03-14, 08:16   Link #5
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Thank god, it looks like Death Note is finally getting back on track.

Ep 22 seemed to be going at quite a slow pace, not sure how many manga chapters it used. I didn't mind too much really, I'm more happy about the plot becoming interesting again than annoyed by anything else.

Next episode looks like it's going to be the best episode we've had for a long time. I can't wait to find out how Light plans to regain his memories, it's going to have to be brilliant to become Kira again under the nose of the ever suspicious L.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-03-14 at 09:09.
Old 2007-03-14, 10:42   Link #6
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

The revival of Death Note is near?

The direction is awesome. The camera work is some of the best I've seen in any anime, creating a fantastic atmosphere. Madhouse is always love.

8/10
Old 2007-03-14, 10:58   Link #7
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
The revival of Death Note is near?

The direction is awesome. The camera work is some of the best I've seen in any anime, creating a fantastic atmosphere. Madhouse is always love.

8/10
Going on the title of the next episode supposedly being 'Rebirth', it's safe to assume the revival of the anime is very near.

The preview showed Weby (whatever her bloody name is) pulling out her gun, hopefully resulting in her getting shot and killed. The dull characters must all vanish!
Old 2007-03-14, 12:50   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whow insane O.o
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-03-14, 13:50   Link #9
Meloria

Death Note has always been Death Note to me, each and every episode. Sure the atmosphere changes but then again it's going back to how it started off - dark. Recently bought ten volumes of the manga and I've nearly read them all except the two I've yet to own - now I just don't feel like watching the anime But like Shiroth said, I also expected it to only take half an episode...
Old 2007-03-14, 18:11   Link #10
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I want Ryuk back >

Despite how good this episode is, I will not be happy until Ryuk comes back..If he comes back, he has to come back..right? [rhetorical, don't answer, not asking for manga info kthnx ]
Old 2007-03-14, 18:48   Link #11
Sun-Ku

seen the eyes and facial expressions during _the one_ Question? Looks like this has triggered his memorys back or convinced him he WAS Kira.
Old 2007-03-14, 20:56   Link #12
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
seen the eyes and facial expressions during _the one_ Question? Looks like this has triggered his memorys back or convinced him he WAS Kira.
Not neccessarily. He could just be deep thinking just like when he was Kira, and thus the same expression. And indeed, plans were meant to be failed, especially with deliberate plan like this. It also raises ethical problems when deception (one of the great sins) is used to get some "understandings".
Old 2007-03-14, 21:04   Link #13
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
I noticed that too, but think a bit more closely. Giving up your Death Note doesn't just cause some patchy amnesia; you completely forget about everything that happened regarding said note. My guess is that:

Spoiler for Future episodes:

In terms of the episode, this was KyoAni-level quality. I'm not even kidding! I seriously hope Death Note stays this good for future episodes, because Madhouse has now proven they can produce a very much epic series, and I greatly look forward to them doing so.
Old 2007-03-14, 22:34   Link #14
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Issei Futamata's acting as Higuchi was excellent.
You could literally feel his desparation, and losing control.

Those unfamiliar with the VA's name might recognize him as Godai, protagonist of Maison Ikkoku.
He truely shows what a true veteran voice actor can pull off.
Old 2007-03-15, 01:07   Link #15
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 02:08   Link #16
FlashCE

I love the camera work in this episode, and the previous one as well. The scenes with the Higuchi's car on the streets are just so well done they almost look real.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 10:49   Link #17
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Great job to Madhouse for carrying out the intense atmosphere of Higuchi's desperation (and his expected downfall next episode). The scene was already quite gripping in the manga, to be able to replicate that sensation (and even heighten it) on to the screen is no easy feat.
Old 2007-03-15, 10:54   Link #18
Sun-Ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai the Dreamer View Post
I noticed that too, but think a bit more closely. Giving up your Death Note doesn't just cause some patchy amnesia; you completely forget about everything that happened regarding said note. My guess is that:

Spoiler for Future episodes:

In terms of the episode, this was KyoAni-level quality. I'm not even kidding! I seriously hope Death Note stays this good for future episodes, because Madhouse has now proven they can produce a very much epic series, and I greatly look forward to them doing so.

He has not the memorys back, but maybe he is now SURE that he was Kira? The death Note dont change your personality (much ) One can predict what he will done when he has the note (he thought about that 1 or 2 episodes earlier) and Light will know what he will do when he is a suspect.
Old 2007-03-15, 13:51   Link #19
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I sense a giant plot twist coming up.
Old 2007-03-16, 22:47   Link #20
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

One of the better episodes death note has had for a long time. THe prevoius few episodes have been really boring, but seeing the two actually do some thinking made the episode very good.
Closed Thread