Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-04-01, 05:12   Link #221
Sejuro
Ghost Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
Received the latest Dengeki Daioh last night, opened it up about an hour ago. After being unable to answer the questions from another person as to how exactly it turned out, I went through every page of the chapter and wrote up a brief summary of each page.
Spoiler:
<facepalm> Well, at least nobody died.
Sejuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 00:48   Link #222
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejuro View Post
<facepalm> Well, at least nobody died.
Not bad. I didn't think she would actually kill off Niki but it's about the best ending you're going to get without it be some gigantic ass-pull ending where it was all a mis-understanding. Takemiya stuck to her guns and I applaud her for that.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 02:49   Link #223
csuree
The Most Hated™

but still, the love of your life turns out to be your sister....ohh i wanted something happier.
Gigantic ass-pull ending .... What rpapo described in his brief summary is actually the ass-pull ending:
- lightning bug = father (ass-pull #1)
- Hotaka having visions = psychosis (#2)
- "We are plainly the sun and the rain. That is the sum of our existence."‏ What the f*#&? From where was this copied? (#3)

If this is the ending to the series, then I am going to ignore every chapter after the festival, until that point it had future, it had potential to be something.....from there...downhill.
Most likely budget cuts, personal issues or anything, but this was a pathetic way to end the series. I'm a bit pissed but I am also thankful that it did not have a worse ending.
Even Golden Time's ending was better than this, at least they stayed together even after his amnesia. But I hated how he forgot about her.
Old 2015-04-08, 03:14   Link #224
obnuchious

just a fanfic imagination of mine....

storywise; they could still end up together . . . move to another town/city, enjoy life there or whatnot, and then get married . . .

this would be my preferred ending for these two . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 03:56   Link #225
theshade1

Well this endings about as expected. I mean it literally reeks of the series being axed, and the author ending it the best she could. So not much else to say really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Even Golden Time's ending was better than this, at least they stayed together even after his amnesia. But I hated how he forgot about her.
Eh? Why'd u think he forgot about her in the end? I could've sworn he remembers her, its just that he forgets the events of his life in that time when he was the new Banri. Maybe I'm mistaken cuz its been quite long since I read/watched that.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 05:48   Link #226
rpapo

I am only speculating here, but regarding Yuyuko Takemiya, we have seen several things happen:

(1) Golden Time (the light novel) had its ending rushed. Too much stuff was packed into the eight volume, which turned out both very thick, and very rushed. This may only have been because of the pressure to publish the last volume in the same week as the ending of the anime, but the bottom line was that Takemiya was under very great pressure to wrap things up.

(2) In August, Takemiya published a new story under a different, totally independent, publisher. As I understand things, that's a big no-no in the Japanese world, tantamount to treason.

(3) Now Evergreen gets a rushed ending too. Evergreen was being published in the monthly shounen magazine of the same publisher that originally discovered Takemiya, and with whom she wrote all her prior works.

I may be wrong in this, but it seems to me that Dengeki and Takemiya have had a dispute, and they are going their separate ways. I have heard nothing about any future plans from Takemiya, which is also unusual, since she has, up to this point, been continuously busy.

Anybody who knows better, feel free to correct my opinion.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 06:44   Link #227
BlackGaruda
Thread Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
Received the latest Dengeki Daioh last night, opened it up about an hour ago. After being unable to answer the questions from another person as to how exactly it turned out, I went through every page of the chapter and wrote up a brief summary of each page.
Spoiler:
The hell... I was expecting a suicide attempt...

Then Hotaka comes in and tells her ”The love father couldn't give, I will supplement with mine.” or something close.

They start over, as siblings. Good end.

OR!

Nikki commits suicide, Hotaka becomes depressed and tries to do it too but On-chan and Soga stop him. He then explains everything and convinces his mom to move out, and they all go their separate ways, Hotaka at the end saying something like: " Father... Take good care of her this time...” Bad end.

OR!

Nikki attempts suicide, Hotaka arrives just in time to stop her. Saying how he'll always be there for her and how he won't abandon her like their father. The two have sex or kiss, and start over their relationship. Incest end.

And it's always Nikki who attempts because Hotaka, according to previous events, didn't seem like he would.

Incest is neither good nor bad... Simply... Wincest.
Old 2015-04-09, 00:17   Link #228
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
but still, the love of your life turns out to be your sister....ohh i wanted something happier.
Gigantic ass-pull ending ....
The ass-pull ending would be if it was revealed that Niki and Hotaka were not related. Takemiya spent the entire story promoting Niki and Hotaka being related. We knew from the beginning they were related - it wasn't a surprise. It was a good soap opera surprise but not unexpected given the heavy foreshadowing. If in the final chapter Takemiya said just kidding - that would be the ass-pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGaruda View Post
The hell... I was expecting a suicide attempt...

Incest is neither good nor bad... Simply... Wincest.
Yup, I was hoping for that but I didn't think Takemiya had the courage to do it. She wasn't going for a Romeo & Juliet or a Tristan und Isolde ending. But then I don't think the children would have liked that since they had a hard enough time getting past Niki and Hotaka being related.

It was a better ending than Sankarea; that was an epic ass-pull ending.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 12:54   Link #229
TonyC1994
Unknown

He say's they decided to live their high school lives without seeing each other just so no one else will figure out the truth.

So does that mean they still interact outside of school? I'd like to believe so, otherwise we're right back where we started in Ch.1. Or maybe, they rekindle their relationship after graduation? Incest or not, I really want an actual conclusion.

This really needs an epilogue...
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 16:53   Link #230
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It could be the translation, but I undestood from the ending that they stuck to the "she dumped me" history and continued their relationship, with the wave at the end and all that...
Old 2015-06-07, 19:44   Link #231
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The side characters got good ending while the main characters got bad ending....... the hell......
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 21:44   Link #232
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
He say's they decided to live their high school lives without seeing each other just so no one else will figure out the truth.

So does that mean they still interact outside of school? I'd like to believe so, otherwise we're right back where we started in Ch.1. Or maybe, they rekindle their relationship after graduation? Incest or not, I really want an actual conclusion.

This really needs an epilogue...
I thought it was pretty obvious that they made up in the end. They just decided to keep things a secret so that no one would find out what happened between them, and how they're actually siblings.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life