AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-26, 21:16   Link #141
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Oh? Are we gonna start comparing GC to FF now?

Joking aside, it does have some parallels with FF7 IF Mana IS an alien/human hybrid.
Shu is carrying around a big ass sword, is emo, has memory loss, has a friend who does everything right who gets severely injured/dies....

Our Cloud is Tiffa less in this version and has Aerith instead.
Old 2011-12-26, 22:59   Link #142
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Shu is carrying around a big ass sword, is emo, has memory loss, has a friend who does everything right who gets severely injured/dies....

Our Cloud is Tiffa less in this version and has Aerith instead.
Spoiler for :)):

i don't think Hare is more of an Aerith. simply because Hare annoys me while Aerith doesn't
Old 2011-12-27, 00:52   Link #143
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I know I compare this series to a lot of things, but I think we're overloaded on what this anime can be compared to as is. Lets not bring the Final Fantasy series into this.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-27, 08:29   Link #144
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
Since we're entering the "Deus Ex Machina" territory, there's another possibility:
Spoiler for Deus Ex Machina possible moment:
I honestly would not surprise me much if it happens
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
[SPOILER=""]
Mana certainly isn't an ally of Shu's , that's for sure. She's going to destroy the whole world and needs Inori to be "complete" .

so who's the Tiffa in this anime?
I think at least the Mana inside Inori it's Shu ally,but it would not surprise me if there is another Mana with / in another body which is evil.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-27 at 08:48.
Old 2011-12-27, 09:52   Link #145
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I honestly would not surprise me much if it happens
Spoiler for spoiler:
I don't see a reason why not. The Void basically is the "form" of the person's heart. It reflects it's fears/hopes/etc... I don't think that the "void genome" cancels the user's void, but can't say for sure. The way I see it, only a complete sociopath with no emotions or feelings whatsoever would be unable to have a void.

Shu is probably one of the most emotional characters of the series (sometimes even too much on my opinion), so his void would probably be something that reflects that.

Besides, in those "rules" that he's told about... none of them mention extracting his own void, the only limitation that is imposed is regarding age. Probably because it's a crappy ideia and they didn't thought that anyone would be stupid enough to pull this off... but hey, with the Deus Ex Machina everything is possible.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:02   Link #146
tsunade666

but you fall unconscious if your void was drawn out. It's too much convenient for the plot if he can just drawn out his own void and use it.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:26   Link #147
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but you fall unconscious if your void was drawn out. It's too much convenient for the plot if he can just drawn out his own void and use it.
That's why I said in my previous post:
Quote:
Like I said, this is something that can only be achieved by the mystical powers of the Deus Ex Machina... but what if Shu manages to actually extract and use his own void to rescue Inori? Obviously, that's assuming he won't pass out during the extraction and manages to handle/extract the void in some way...
It was just a "crazy" idea... nothing to be taken seriously
Old 2011-12-27, 14:01   Link #148
Soji

honestly have the other void user able to draw out Inori void without looking into her eyes or better without eye contact it seems too convenient. Even if he really used Shu for the first part.So I should not wonder much if they really make him draw out his own void....I mean the situation is really dire and from the preview it looks like that the other void user as
Spoiler for spoiler:
.It seems he really have to work hard to save the girl he loves. Now that I think about it, what he have to go through to save her it is a confession by itself (I wonder if this is why the new ending name it's confession or something like that).

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-27 at 15:53.
Old 2011-12-27, 17:44   Link #149
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Then that would mean Hare = Aerith.....
I could see Hare being the tragic heroine at the end. Reminds me of many series where my heart was ripped out from my chest and slapped in my face.

God I hope that doesn't happen.
Old 2011-12-27, 18:34   Link #150
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I can imagine Shu getting a whole load of rage thrown at him once the other members of Funeral Parlor discovers the death(?) of Gai and the kidnapping of Inori...yikes...that's not going to be pretty.
Old 2011-12-27, 19:02   Link #151
Soji

^I hope noafter all he came to help / save them and then how could he expect to another with his same power? And that more the other one would take Inori and Inori's void? In addition, I doubt he go back down to tell them all this. I have the feeling that he will go straight to the chase to save Inori (and the preview seems to confirm that). if Gai is still alive and stays alive long enough maybe he will be one who tell the others of what has happened in the meantime that Shu goes to save Inori.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-27 at 19:39.
Old 2011-12-28, 06:22   Link #152
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

is there a pv for episode 12?
Old 2011-12-28, 06:45   Link #153
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by d' airscapez View Post
is there a pv for episode 12?
Here ...http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/
Any way the more I think about it the more I am convinced that Mana will help Shu in the current situation. Especially since the next ep will explain many things of the past (or so it seems from the preview).One thing I noticed from the preview it seems that Mana had similar problems with the mind that Shu have in ep 10 .they both screamed and close their ears (or holding the head) + eyes closed ... I wonder what it means .
Old 2011-12-28, 09:37   Link #154
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Here ...http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/
Any way the more I think about it the more I am convinced that Mana will help Shu in the current situation. Especially since the next ep will explain many things of the past (or so it seems from the preview).One thing I noticed from the preview it seems that Mana had similar problems with the mind that Shu have in ep 10 .they both screamed and close their ears (or holding the head) + eyes closed ... I wonder what it means .
Mana will help Shu simply because the King's crown will be the last piece of the puzzle towards world destruction.. at least, that's what I think...
Old 2011-12-28, 10:10   Link #155
Soji

^I see where you coming from with this ,but I think there are 3 Mana now.What I think is ,that when she was consumed by the virus during the events of 10 years ago (if those images of flashbacks we've seen have something to go with).So for me it's something like that....Inori , the Mana inside Inori and something that is in Mana original body .So when I said Mana will help him,I mean the Mana inside Inori and not whatever else that is born from that accident (unless it already existed because of any experiment made about the resonance) and now lives in Mana Original body .Or at least that's my guess after reviewing some of the episodes and the flashback that they have shown us so farand also the next episode preview. But I hope the next ep will give us more information about what really happened that day.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-28 at 13:15.
Old 2011-12-28, 13:31   Link #156
king12354

Sigh, Shu is so pathetic. The classmates are acting ridiculous for suddenly accepting who Shu is and joining him. Have no idea why Gai became so selfless and sacrificed himself. Have no idea why Inori likes Shu even though they seem to be somewhat related in the past. And when did singing a song magically cures a virus? Had potential but these poor direction choices are negatively impacting the show.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:56   Link #157
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Sigh, Shu is so pathetic. The classmates are acting ridiculous for suddenly accepting who Shu is and joining him. Have no idea why Gai became so selfless and sacrificed himself. Have no idea why Inori likes Shu even though they seem to be somewhat related in the past. <snip>
Because the key for not destroying the world prob lies with Shu. So if Gai and the gang want to survive, it's best not to have Shu die. Not to mention that they were getting wiped out without Shu being there as usual.

Shu's not pathetic. He's prob being portrayed close to what a normal teen male is. He's not the usual shonen hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
<snip>
And when did singing a song magically cures a virus? Had potential but these poor direction choices are negatively impacting the show.
It's a Macross thing. Macross Zero and prob all of Macross has instances that singing does miraculous things. And...Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:13   Link #158
Xeones

Quote:
Shu's not pathetic. He's prob being portrayed close to what a normal teen male is. He's not the usual shonen hero.
Personally, I wouldn't mind if Shu act a bit more heroic... but it's like you said, the character was never meant to be a shonen hero.

The big "problem" is that most viewers are not used to see a character like Shu being the center of the show... since most MC of modern animes that involve action are usually the stereotypical hero (or sometimes close to it). If you evaluate the character considering the proposal of the show, I think they're going quite well... maybe they used too many "Deus Ex Machina" in the story, but that's understandable once you realize they only have 22 episodes to work with.

The show follow Vegetiu's maxim: "Few men are born brave; many become so through training and force of discipline". Shu is just an ordinary teenager student with an ordinary life, before the events from GC his biggest concern was probably getting good grades and finding a girlfriend (obviously, we're assuming that he lost his memory and didn't remember anything about the "Lost Christmas"). Then, out of nowhere, he gets plunged in the middle of a terrorist campaing to overthrow the organization that effectively rules Japan and uses brutal violence to enforce it's position. He never had any training for that, and the Funeral Parlor taught him only the basics skills he needed to survive on the field... they never did any sort of psychological preparation. Even the most rough soldiers need to be mentally prepared for war... what you think would happen if you'd send an unprepared teenage boy in the middle of a raging battle?

That's why my position is: I wouldn't mind if Shu was a little more heroic at times... but considering the proposal of the show, I wouldn't call him pathetic.

Last edited by Xeones; 2011-12-29 at 19:48. Reason: correcting grammar
Old 2011-12-29, 23:47   Link #159
king12354

I don't quite think normal teen males decide to join a supposed terrorist organization and fight and kill a bunch of government dudes then gets scared because he one psychotic guy's brother die because in fact, he already let a lot of people die as a result of his actions. The dots don't quite connect.
Old 2011-12-30, 00:27   Link #160
larethian

It's kind of obvious to me that the other void user was the guy who 'kidnapped' Guy's girl. And now, Shu has to walk the same path as Guy. Just random speculation .
Closed Thread