AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 22:18   Link #141
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I personally loved the first episode, I don't know what everyone's gripe is about.

The guy seems pretty cool and he seems to be fairly sarcastic too. The girl has a really red hot temper but she still remains fairly cute.

The action was enough so that it wasn't overbearing but enough to get me through the dialogue.

The plot was a little mysterious. Overall my kind of episode
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 23:56   Link #142
ZODDGUTS

I'm liking Kazuma but Ayano on the other hand is not likeable at all. I'm just not liking her attitude. Also thought the music used during the episode sucked big time. Overall the first episode was semi-good. More of Kazuma and less of Ayano please!
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 03:19   Link #143
Susanou
.Enforcer

Downloading the sub as we speak, can't wait to see it

As far as I know, Kazuma gets used by the wind spirit(s) to cause a war with the fire spirit(s).
Spoiler:
Guess we'll have to wait some more to see what episode 2 will bring us..
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 04:01   Link #144
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Anyone else think Ren is a reverse trap? Until I heard 'him' called 'my son', I was still unsure... but hey, with a father so intent on gaining clan power, dressing up a daughter as a son is not unthinkable.

I found ep1 to be quite good, and I'll definitely be watching this series. The voice acting and casting of the 3 main characters was very good, as well. I guess it's personal preference, but I like Kazuma's voice.

A big thanks to T2! Though hopefully, slightly better raws will find their way to the net...
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 04:49   Link #145
NeoSam

Ok, I just found out the title of the Kaze no Stigma manga thats based on the light novel:

風の聖痕 -紅炎の御子-
Kaze no Stigma -Kouen no Miko-

Original Work: YAMATO Takahiro (山門敬弘)
Character Original Concept: NANTO Hanamaru (納都花丸)
Drawing: Neko Miyakai (猫都夏椅)

Serialized in the shounen magazine Dragon Age.
Old 2007-04-16, 06:55   Link #146
Jaden

People with magic blowing up stuff, yay! I'm going to follow this for now.
Old 2007-04-16, 16:50   Link #147
myopius

Awesome. From the promo image I saw, and the art I've seen, I wanted it, but didn't think it'd be present. Yet, it is: fast-paced precise elemental magical combat. Slicing through the air with flames and wind is a really cool style that totally beats the way they usually choreographed "elemental" fights (wind magic is usually: oh noes! surrounded by whirlwind! i will struggle forward difficulty!).

Spoiler for Episode 1, details:

Edit: I figured out what I didn't like about the episode... the raw the sub came from had low-quality audio. It affected the episode for me.

Last edited by myopius; 2007-04-16 at 23:42.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:19   Link #148
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I'm liking Kazuma but Ayano on the other hand is not likeable at all. I'm just not liking her attitude. Also thought the music used during the episode sucked big time. Overall the first episode was semi-good. More of Kazuma and less of Ayano please!
She has a right to be. Her tribe seems to value honor and prestige and she beat him up as a little girl when he was a full grown man. He has to earn her respect back. Though I'm sure will find that she's overplaying her role as required and deep down feels sorry for him.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:42   Link #149
Archmagination2002

I loved this first episode.. only thing I am wishing for is that I wish that the files wouldn't be in the MKV format.. I HATE THAT FORMAT!! It totally sucks and I will never understand the reason why it is used.

Anyway the Fire Clan/family doesn't come off to well in this episode. If you are not powerful in Fire magic than you are worthless.. all other types of magic are trash to them.. especially wind. Also the reaction to the murder of their family members is interesting, it implies that they died because they were weak and since they were weak they deserved what they got. I like that.

The elemental combat seems interesting so far.. especially Kazuma's. For once we actually don't have stupid, hyperactive power user(ie: Naruto, etc) for a main character. Instead we actually have a sarcastic, intelligent and skillful Wind user that actually seems to also have power to spare.

Kaze no Stigma(Stigma of the Wind) is very interesting so far. Its up there with Heroic Age as something well worth watching.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 18:20   Link #150
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
I loved this first episode.. only thing I am wishing for is that I wish that the files wouldn't be in the MKV format.. I HATE THAT FORMAT!! It totally sucks and I will never understand the reason why it is used.
Just to even things out a bit, I wish everything was in MKV, it totally rocks, and other formats should be outlawed.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 20:15   Link #151
lsjulee

I thought I saw Naru (from GhostHunt) when Kazuma
Spoiler:
Aaaaahhh yes I still hadn't get over GhostHunt and tyring to find Naru in other anime.....

I find Daisuke Ono has such deep and matured voice. If talking about of incompatibility, I would say the voice was too matured for Koizumi in Haru Suzumiya. But for Kazuma here.... still acceptable.
lsjulee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 00:25   Link #152
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I'm with you on this. Kazuma is bad-ass, and I wish more male leads were like him. I'm so tired of the wimpy guys in anime. Makes me sick really. I can't relate to them at all.

And yes, Ayano is very annoying. I'd be perfectly content with her just taking a backseat to the story, and him finding someone with some actual class. She's annoying, stuck up, and how should I say, soooo not deserving of a kick-ass guy like Kazuma.

He needs an Arcueid.
Old 2007-04-17, 01:45   Link #153
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Just watched episode 1. and yeah, Ayano's pretty annoying since she seems to have an idiot that appears naive AND proud. -_- Not a good combination.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 11:24   Link #154
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Well, can you blame her? She thinks she's hot, powerful, and everyone in the clan pretty much follows her (except for maybe her dad)

In other words, Kazuma needs to bring her back to earth and show her what's what...
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 14:20   Link #155
ccardoso
Banned

But is Wind > Fire?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:02   Link #156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just from the first episode alone you can see that this show has a lot of potential to be something very epic --- i hope it doesn't stop going on that certain path. Anyway, Kazuma is one hell of a character. Not only is he voiced by my fav' VA, he has that proud kick-arse style that i just love --- helps that he has his hands in his pockets. <3

Ayano is a nice character, but at the moment she is completely in Kazuma's shadow.
Old 2007-04-17, 22:51   Link #157
LCeh

Speaking about Kazuma's VA, it's interesting. Initially, I thought his voice really didn't fit his look, cause he sounded way too mature. But then as more is shown about his character, he is not the type to have an immature voice. So yes, initially I was very surprised by his voice, but then I think I got used to it.

As for the story itself, I don't think we can make any accurate calls yet just from one episode, but I like the character designs. They are simple, but they know how to make them look good. Think I will be following this one as well.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 23:01   Link #158
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
But is Wind > Fire?
You be the judge

God I love this game. Still my all time favourite. Too this date I don't think any game has attempted to be this epic in plot and scope (I loves me ma War Epics Uhum), except perhaps for Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, which almost catches this games glory.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-17 at 23:14.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 23:23   Link #159
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

There's that too. But generally, it all depends on the level of power applied.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 03:10   Link #160
myopius

SquirrelLuvsPnuts: You're going to find it difficult to get a DDL site for this on AnimeSuki--I know a couple but only 1 of them doesn't also have licensed subs, but that one happens to have links to low-quality raws as a side feature, so I guess no linkage... x.x

I had a question I hope someone can field. I just noticed that, in addition to T2's subs, SHS and Mendoi just put out their own individual subs as well. For those of you who've watched T2's subs as well as either of those--is the audio better?

To the people who are hung up on Ayano's character... well, IMO it's obvious she's meant to be portrayed as immature. And it's clear that someone in her position, with her personality could easily fall into the trap of that kind of immaturity. iwubanime is right on with his assessment that Kazuma will be bringing her back down to earth, and so her character will develop. Yeah, the Ayano who reaches out her hand in the ED is an Ayano who's a bit more mature, IMO....

Tags
fantasy, shounen