AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-07-29, 15:00   Link #12661
Tenzen12

Looking for manga. Moon changing people into monster when they watch it and witch scout ancient powerful "monster" that suck in telling jokes to fight them.
Old 2020-07-31, 03:09   Link #12662
Robert_Buskohl

Trying to find manga name

I am looking for two adult types of manga. The first is a downloadable version of 'Harem of Little Princesses'. I have the original version but it is in a different language and I really would like to know what they are saying.

The second I do not know the name but it is a teacher that gets stuck in an earthquake that hits while his class group is at a museum. The class group consists of 5 girls and they don't want to die virgins or something. He ends up sleeping with them all and ends forming a harem with these girls. In the last chapter, the parents find out and they are separated for a bit but they all end up taking the same airplane which ends up crashing the MC on a deserted island with the girls. I remember that one of the girls has a scar on her chest and had issues with it; however, the MC helped her over it.

The artwork was okay but I liked the story and the drive I had it located on failed. I am looking for a download version of the first manga and the name of the second manga. Thanks in advance.
Robert_Buskohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 16:05   Link #12663
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Trying to remember an anime that I watched years ago about four students (2 guys / 2 girls) with supernatural powers fighting against some kind of evil. The main antagonists are some dark guy that I can't recall that well as well as a girl with the power to make people explode. It was fairly bloody I believe. There is also some (normal) girl in the newspaper club of their school who eventually gets involved because she witnesses the killing of someone.

The show itself was somewhat low budget with 1~2 episodes suffering from very bad quality.

I only remember a couple of scenes:
One is a group of monks fighting against the two antagonists. The girls blows them up rather quickly and they all die except two who are slightly stronger than the others.
The first time we see reporter girl she's underground with only a bamboo stick showing out sneaking up on the main group to spy on them.
In the evening we see a girl being hunted by zombies(??) but fails to escape and is subsequently clubbed to death and converted into a zombie as well.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 02:40   Link #12664
Tenzen12

That's Tokyo Majin

That said while there might be some low budget episodes, but it also has fair share of Sakuga too.
Old 2020-09-10, 21:01   Link #12665
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

this anime was very long ago

boy meets girl, girl has magic power, almost the end of the series, the girl's bro banish her into another island, girl uses voodoo doll? to communicate with the boy, they need to destroy a magic tree and her bro.
Old 2020-09-11, 05:28   Link #12666
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I wouldn't consider it that long ago, but it sounds Like Zetsuen no Tempest/ Blast of Tempest

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 06:19   Link #12667
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I wouldn't consider it that long ago, but it sounds Like Zetsuen no Tempest/ Blast of Tempest
thanks alot
Old 2020-11-02, 04:01   Link #12668
andku85

Need help finding an anime

Need help finding an anime. The running gag in the anime was whenever they had family dinner the father would keep moving and eventually end up on the couch eating alone. I cannot remember the name of the anime. And it has been from a while ago.
andku85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 12:37   Link #12669
andku85

Quote:
Originally Posted by andku85 View Post
Need help finding an anime. The running gag in the anime was whenever they had family dinner the father would keep moving and eventually end up on the couch eating alone. I cannot remember the name of the anime. And it has been from a while ago.
Found it. It was Seto no Hanayome and in episode 14 you can see him on the couch.

The picture from the episode
andku85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 00:03   Link #12670
ComaPrison

Lightbulb Finding the name of a particular classic sci-fi anime movie?

I recall watching a sci-fi anime movie on tv back in the early 2000s (though the animation style suggests it might have possibly even been made in the 90s) about two alien "species", I believe at war with each other. One species is all females. The other species is all males. For some reason they're on a long mission to get to some huge Earth-like planet but then a super weapon gets used on it (I believe by the male "species") and it becomes what we now know to be our sun. Then at the ending it fast forwards to life on modern Earth and you see all the characters as humans, as if they're reincarnated.

If anyone can throw out some potential names that I can look up to see if it is the same movie, it would be appreciated. I tried googling for it but only found "Vandread" which is definitely not it.
ComaPrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 19:17   Link #12671
Silverman

Looking for a shoujo/romance one-shot manga
i am looking for a one shot about a girl (i think wearing glasses ) who cant speak loudly and her English is bad , even her teacher having a hard time with her and a guy who sees her get bullied and help her . i remember the guy good at fighting and at the end there was a competition the teacher arranged and had some penalty if the FL cant speak well and the guy confessed on stage or the girl i am not sure . i had it on my favorite in KM but as we know its no longer there . i would really appreciate the help.
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 23:34   Link #12672
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaPrison View Post
I recall watching a sci-fi anime movie on tv back in the early 2000s (though the animation style suggests it might have possibly even been made in the 90s) about two alien "species", I believe at war with each other. One species is all females. The other species is all males. For some reason they're on a long mission to get to some huge Earth-like planet but then a super weapon gets used on it (I believe by the male "species") and it becomes what we now know to be our sun. Then at the ending it fast forwards to life on modern Earth and you see all the characters as humans, as if they're reincarnated.

If anyone can throw out some potential names that I can look up to see if it is the same movie, it would be appreciated. I tried googling for it but only found "Vandread" which is definitely not it.
It did start to sound like Vandread except the movie and as you noted a few other details.

(edit: though I guess there were OVA for Vandread in 2001 and 2002; the first one summarized the first season, and at the finale of the first season)
Spoiler for finale of season one, a gas-planet turned into star:
(but it was a gas giant and not earth-like, and as noted has been ruled out; Funimation streams the OVA for free if needed.)

I'm not sure this is correct, but for a few reasons, possibly you're thinking of...
Macross: Do you Remeber Love? (wiki) (fandom wiki)
  • Created in 1984; dubs late 80s early 90s; though could be edited heavily or named "Clash of the Bionoids" in one case.
  • Enemy alien race (Zentradi) have male (Zentran) and female (Meltran) as separated sides of their conflict.
  • Earth was destroyed in the past (they explore the ruins); Macross space fortress contains a whole city of humans.
  • The space fortress was separated from Earth in the beginning of the Earth and Zentradi war.
  • The ending/credits does have an odd flashback/musicvideo with a repaired Macross (reused footage).
The part about the weapon being used and it becoming the sun (versus Earth just in ruins) may not match here; though I thought it would be worth noting in case this might be it but partly the haze of time and or editing for international releases.

Last edited by anime2004; 2021-02-02 at 00:00. Reason: added vandread snipet; though already stated to not be it
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-02, 00:18   Link #12673
ComaPrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
It did start to sound like Vandread except the movie and as you noted a few other details.

(edit: though I guess there were OVA for Vandread in 2001 and 2002; the first one summarized the first season, and at the finale of the first season)
(but it was a gas giant and not earth-like, and as noted has been ruled out; Funimation streams the OVA for free if needed.)

I'm not sure this is correct, but for a few reasons, possibly you're thinking of...
Macross: Do you Remeber Love? (wiki) (fandom wiki)
  • Created in 1984; dubs late 80s early 90s; though could be edited heavily or named "Clash of the Bionoids" in one case.
  • Enemy alien race (Zentradi) have male (Zentran) and female (Meltran) as separated sides of their conflict.
  • Earth was destroyed in the past (they explore the ruins); Macross space fortress contains a whole city of humans.
  • The space fortress was separated from Earth in the beginning of the Earth and Zentradi war.
  • The ending/credits does have an odd flashback/musicvideo with a repaired Macross (reused footage).
The part about the weapon being used and it becoming the sun (versus Earth just in ruins) may not match here; though I thought it would be worth noting in case this might be it but partly the haze of time and or editing for international releases.
Hi. Thanks for the suggestion! I looked into it and it isn't the one. Still looks like a potentially good watch though. Here's to hoping someone else can nail this one!
ComaPrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-02, 02:13   Link #12674
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaPrison View Post
Hi. Thanks for the suggestion! I looked into it and it isn't the one. Still looks like a potentially good watch though. Here's to hoping someone else can nail this one!
Hmm... maybe one of the Gall Force Original Trillogy (wiki) or several other films?
(Gall Force: Eternal Story) ? (May have the relevant ending fastforward/flashback) or Gall Force 2: Destruction ?)

There's an all female "Solnoids" civilization (versus the Paronoids; though they are not male, but slime/shapeshifting-like) and they have Planet Destroyer weapons which at one point in the trilogy has destroyed both their home worlds and they are looking for planets to colonize and fighting their war; and head towards planet Terra.

I've not seen the Gall Force franchise myself, though the name has come up many times in the past; it would at least have a few films that would have been popular enough.

That's about all I have for now; though maybe someone else will stop by
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 07:27   Link #12675
-G1-

I'm looking for this anime

-G1- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 08:46   Link #12676
Tenzen12

Seems to be Bio Hunter (1995).
Old 2021-03-12, 13:39   Link #12677
-G1-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Seems to be Bio Hunter (1995).
Thank you
-G1- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 23:42   Link #12678
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Series just occurred to me, maybe just one ep probably a few (I think it was an OVA). I rented it once or twice at Hollywood Video in the late 90s or early 2000s. I don't remember a ton but there was a mecha, probably called Susa and definitely connected to Susanoo. I'm pretty sure Izanagi and Izanami were also involved as antagonists. Sorry if this's jumbled, it's been a very long time.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 12:30   Link #12679
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Series just occurred to me, maybe just one ep probably a few (I think it was an OVA). I rented it once or twice at Hollywood Video in the late 90s or early 2000s. I don't remember a ton but there was a mecha, probably called Susa and definitely connected to Susanoo. I'm pretty sure Izanagi and Izanami were also involved as antagonists. Sorry if this's jumbled, it's been a very long time.
The only OVA from around that time featuring Izanagi, Izanami and Susanoo I know of is called Izumo from 2003.
Old 2021-03-20, 20:55   Link #12680
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm not 100% it was Izanami and Izanagi. I just remember the name "Susa" strongly implied to be Susanoo, and at some point I think he saw one or two dragons in the sky; might have been Izanami and/or Izanagi, not sure.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel