Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-12-16, 13:03   Link #1141
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
Resident Covid Biohazard!
TBT what I am worried at the moment is that due to the stress of producing millions of vials with the vaccine over a short period of time, some might be contaminated with some bacteria killing on the long run more people.

Taking this one step further, the WCS is that some government(s) use this as an opportunity to remove entire communities from the map, I still remember Saddam Hussein using chemical weapons on the kurds and that kind of tension exists nowadays as the rohingya (or Uyghur) crisis can attest.

But hey, 2021 can't be shittier than 2020, right?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 00:39   Link #1142
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
But hey, 2021 can't be shittier than 2020, right?
If life has thought us something, it's these 5 things:
1. things always change, sooner or later
2. it can always be worse
3. at least you got your health, until you don't
4. it doesn't matter if you're depressed or having a middle age crisis, you will still die, so what's the point in having one?
5. if you fear something that's gonna happen anyway, you suffer twice as much or more
Old 2020-12-20, 00:43   Link #1143
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Currently on quarantine day 4 of 10. I was having severe body aches, lingering headache, and a cough Tuesday afternoon and got tested Weds morning. Broke out into a low grade fever and chills Weds afternoon. I knew I had covid because I never get any of these symptoms from the regular flu or cold. Got confirmation this morning that I was positive. Overall, I have been recovering and feeling much better than on Tues/Weds but had to take a step back when I broke into a fever again earlier today. I broke out a nasty sweat and fever went away so I'm feeling ok now. Hoping this doesn't happen again. Aside from that, mostly dealing with the body aches and the persistent fatigue and lethargy, but luckily no shortness of breath.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 01:03   Link #1144
The Green One

Get better my dude and hang in there. You can beat this.
Old 2020-12-20, 03:43   Link #1145
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Scheme to get Covid vaccine to poorer countries at 'high risk' of failure.

A lot of my friends practicing/training in the US and UK have been talking about their jabs and how pumped they are to get back to work with all the confident protection a good vaccine gives them. The rest of us here in the Philippines are like "Cool... maybe one day we'll actually get to see a real live vaccine vial, much less actually get one."

I don't know. A lot of us are tired and burnt out now, especially in developing nations. Not gonna lie how jealous we feel like we're a bunch of hungry beggars looking into a restaurant display window at other people eating. The earliest we're likely to see a vaccine is 6 months from now, and that's both out on out of pocket payment and if the higher ups don't take everything for themselves. I almost certainly believe the entire that entire national populations of western countries are likely to get vaccinated first before vaccines trickle down to the rest of us.

Sucks all around. Even Stanford gave its vaccines to non-frontline staff and admin first.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2020-12-20 at 04:10.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 10:03   Link #1146
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@MeoTwister5

At least your authorities are not blatantly lying to you. Here they keep saying that the vaccine is going to arrive before the years end. Yeah, no doubt high politicians and their cronies will get the very few doses the government can get, if any. Heck, I couldn't get my mother to get vaccinated against influenza since they ran out of doses and that was an "easy" to acquire vaccine.

Meanwhile as I said a few weeks ago, in my city (and country) the health system is at its limit (some hospitals have stopped accepting patients*), but people went yesterday in droves to the stores and I have no confidence they will not have year end parties like it is the end of the world.

*video showing how they reject admission to a hosptial a vodi19 patient in a very serious condition

https://twitter.com/OSWALDORIOSM/sta...05441722998786
Old 2020-12-20, 21:41   Link #1147
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
*video showing how they reject admission to a hosptial a vodi19 patient in a very serious condition

https://twitter.com/OSWALDORIOSM/sta...05441722998786
Interesting video. What is being said and is it normal for covid patients to be wrapped up in a bag like that or is the patient even alive?

I can only imagine the healthcare system be terribly overwhelmed in Mexico considering how bad it already is here in the U.S. Typical admittance now into the hospital is really based off if you're having shortness of breath, your oxygen saturation is checked and you'll be placed on O2 via nasal cannula, but that won't necessarily get you a bed right away. Beds are now being reserved for those that require a higher form of oxygen therapy (i.e., simple mask high flow nasal canula, bipap, ventilation, etc). As of the news about 2 days ago, of the 290 total beds in my hospital, 190 of them are covid patients.

Christmas/New Years will be a test to see if the general public have opened up their eyes. We honestly arent "surviving" the effects of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday gatherings, I can only imagine for the worst come 2-3 weeks post holiday. I hate to say this, but I believe the day is near where physicians will have to make the decision to take people off the ventilator if their odds of surviving are low in order to make room for those that have a chance.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2020-12-20 at 21:57.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 22:37   Link #1148
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'm just envious that Singapore's going to get the vaccine. Goddamn red tape and screw ups with the Duterte government is just pissing me off. I'm not sure if folks will let attend my Masters in Singapore, especially if vaccinations is done on or before July 2021.

And their tunnel vision for Sinovac for the vaccine when the company itself didn't want to give any data on their testing.

Sometime I wished I was still in Vancouver. At least I can get a part time job. Here, I can't do nothing except remote internship work.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 23:08   Link #1149
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I'm just envious that Singapore's going to get the vaccine. Goddamn red tape and screw ups with the Duterte government is just pissing me off. I'm not sure if folks will let attend my Masters in Singapore, especially if vaccinations is done on or before July 2021.

And their tunnel vision for Sinovac for the vaccine when the company itself didn't want to give any data on their testing.

Sometime I wished I was still in Vancouver. At least I can get a part time job. Here, I can't do nothing except remote internship work.

dont be too happy for us yet, the ones who get the vaccine 1st will be guinea pigs. If anything goes wrong, more will be dying instead.
Old 2020-12-20, 23:21   Link #1150
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Aware of that part (sadly).

Keeping an eye on North America/UK on that part since the vaccines are already being administered.

I don't know if future entry to Singapore (or anywhere else) will require proof that I got a COVID-19 vaccine. None in my immediate family got it [the virus].

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2020-12-21 at 00:25.
Old 2020-12-20, 23:57   Link #1151
Key Board
Carbon

https://virological.org/t/preliminar...-mutations/563

I'm not sure what this means yet, other than Covid19 mutated a lot more than expected in once region ( regarding the B.1.1.7 strain )

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 01:06   Link #1152
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://hongkongfp.com/2020/12/18/ch...for-her-healt/

Zhang Zhan is going to face trial for covering what happened in Wuhan when the pandemic started.

Old 2020-12-21, 05:48   Link #1153
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Aren't you guys also buying ours? Your ambassador reports an order for Arcturus's product also
Old 2020-12-21, 08:36   Link #1154
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I heard a bit. Last I recall (unless it's past news already by the time I type this), the Department of Health is finalizing the details.

Old 2020-12-21, 10:07   Link #1155
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Interesting video. What is being said and is it normal for covid patients to be wrapped up in a bag like that or is the patient even alive?
I have seen in the local news covid19 patients being taken out of ambulances wrapped in those plastic half cylinders before. By the end of the video the patient is no longer breathing, the son tells him "we did everything we could father, rest in peace".

Quote:
I hate to say this, but I believe the day is near where physicians will have to make the decision to take people off the ventilator if their odds of surviving are low in order to make room for those that have a chance.
I do not think that is even the WCS, I am fully expecting we will reach a moment where infected people 60 and above (which by local statistics have a 1 in 4 (or higher) chance of dying) to be told the new policy is sending them back home. Then people that have the big three (hypertension, diabetes & obesity) being told the same, then those that have two of those, then only one.

Slowly but surely my fears start to materialize, that is, if this means we will have a spike in infections/deaths in winter like we had a century ago during the spanish influenza.

https://imgur.com/WZhYAxs.jpg <--- X-mas 1919, no different from 2020

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2020-12-21 at 10:48.
Old 2020-12-21, 14:34   Link #1156
EroKing

This new mutated strain from the U.K. seems to have been discovered back in September 2020. It's bound to have made its way to other countries by now with less air travel restrictions for a while. Hard to take any government seriously when they say not to panic, knowing how that went this year. Even if their studies conclude this particular strain doesn't kill you faster, more cases mean huge increase in hospitalizations on already exhausted and overburdened healthcare systems leading to more deaths. Even vaccinating millions globally by the end of next year will make it hard to slow it down with billions being vulnerable. There will be more mutations and the domino effect will lead to a tsunami of waves in 2021.

Personally, it's been a tough year for me too as I lost one uncle in March (non-covid related) and other one who a few months back suffered from a stroke and lost his speech. My own chronic health problems have gotten to a point where I doubt if I might wake up the next day or not...

All I can say is, be a little positive if you are just healthy enough to do most things and appreciate your loved ones and close friends if you still have them. Make sure to take some time to really talk to them while you still can.
But if still single like me and feeling lonely as hell, there's always reddit and memes. We can suffer together.
Old 2020-12-21, 21:31   Link #1157
cyberdemon

I wonder how the new vaccines work on the mutated strain...
Old 2020-12-21, 21:50   Link #1158
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Too early to be 100% certain but most expert opinion is that it should work against any strain that’s been identified up to this point.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-22, 00:26   Link #1159
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The vaccines Singapore purchased just arrived. I heard that the Transport Ministry will work to make Changi the logistic hub to distribute it to and around SEA.

Old 2020-12-22, 19:40   Link #1160
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Too early to be 100% certain but most expert opinion is that it should work against any strain that’s been identified up to this point.
It should handle symptoms that are common between the 2 strains but newer symptoms might not