Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-05-15, 23:42   Link #481
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Who has sadly fallen off a cliff as a character. Now she is just Gaara's sister and could be replaced by wallpaper. In Part 1 she was a kickass female who got character development and her own storyline with Shikamaru apart from Gaara. It also shifted the gender dominance question with both being equal as opposed to what we see with Sasuke/Sakura as an example. Kishi continued this into the early part of Shippuden with great promise, but then hasn't touched on it for many years which has reduced Temari to total irrelevancy. These are the types of things that makes you wonder what the hell Kishi is doing.
Yeah, well, she can join the club. She may have fallen to the wayside, but at least she hasn't become a crying blob of uselessness (seriously, Gaara has cried more than she has ). Actually, I'm gonna have to call you out on the whole dominance thing. I don't think there was ever any question that Gaara was the strongest of the three. Oh, and trust me, how Kishi is handling Temari is pretty much the least of my worries as far as how he's messing the story up (though I do wonder what happened between her and Shikamaru).

Quote:
Orochimaru or no Orochimaru, Anko was pretty much doomed to the used character bin unless she had some type of real attachment to the main characters of Naruto or Sasuke.
Eh, I guess so. She could've been a really awesome character though.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 00:25   Link #482
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

^ She still can be. Any character can be awesome if Kishi allows it. I guess the point is that it's so much harder for a female character to earn his attention. Ironic in that Kishi said Anko was his favorite female character. Tenten was the design he liked most of the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Actually, I'm gonna have to call you out on the whole dominance thing. I don't think there was ever any question that Gaara was the strongest of the three.
Oh, I meant her relationship with Shikamaru. They were presented as equals both in fighting ability and in their interactions with one another. If anything, Temari was actually the dominant one. It was a far cry from the one-sidedness of Sakura's relationship with Sasuke and Hinata's feelings for Naruto.

While Shikamaru hasn't suffered at all without their relationship development, becoming almost a main character in Shippuden, Temari has greatly suffered without it, becoming basically a cardboard cutout. She badly needs to play off him.
Old 2010-05-16, 01:29   Link #483
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
^ She still can be. Any character can be awesome if Kishi allows it. I guess the point is that it's so much harder for a female character to earn his attention. Ironic in that Kishi said Anko was his favorite female character. Tenten was the design he liked most of the girls.
Uh, actually no. I don't think Kishi knows how to make certain characters awesome anymore (aside from Raikage, Killerbee and maybe a few others). Lord knows he's been failing hard with Naruto, Sasuke and, of course, Sakura. I could undertand if it was a few minor characters, but these are the main characters we're talking about. They're supposed to be, you know, awesome.

Anyway, allow me rephrase what I said earlier. Anko already is a pretty awesome character (used bitch or not) but she is sorely underutilized like most of the female cast. And if she really is Kishi's favorite female character, I can't say I blame him. Although, considering she's his favorite, you'd think she'd be used more

Quote:
Oh, I meant her relationship with Shikamaru. They were presented as equals both in fighting ability and in their interactions with one another. If anything, Temari was actually the dominant one. It was a far cry from the one-sidedness of Sakura's relationship with Sasuke and Hinata's feelings for Naruto.
Oops. Sorry about that. But yeah, you're right. There definitely was the question of dominance and strength in Shikamaru's and Temari's relationship.

Quote:
While Shikamaru hasn't suffered at all without their relationship development, becoming almost a main character in Shippuden, Temari has greatly suffered without it, becoming basically a cardboard cutout. She badly needs to play off him.
Yeah, pretty much. I swear to God though, Kishi had better not ultimately pair Shika up with that dopey glasses girl (ugh).
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 02:08   Link #484
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Kumo bros are forced awesome not natural. Kishimoto is trying to meet a demand by making black people relevant and interesting by having them do shit the main characters should do in their sleep.
Biggie Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 13:45   Link #485
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I don't know about that. How many black people are there in Japan? Unless you are saying Kishimoto was trying to create characters he knew would appeal to the West. Kishi has gone out of his way to make Raikage and Kirabi awesome. And you can argue it is forced. Particularly when long standing characters like Shino and Neji are never allowed such fanservice, and are totally irrelevant, despite being far more popular in Japan.

As for the girls. Only Kishimoto could screw up something as canon as ShikaTema. The easiest relationship to write in the manga. And Temari is nothing without her Shikamaru development. She badly needs him. For her character's sake I hope they interact again soon. Otherwise Kishi might as well kill her off. Anko has been involved in the story more recently. Kishi now has her after Kabuto which keeps her relevant.

Oh yeah, Sakura....
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 14:04   Link #486
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm pretty sure they're not black... since the narutoverse is a fantasy feudal Japan. And it's already mentioned that they're complexion is tan not black.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 15:22   Link #487
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Bee talks like a homie and Raikage looks like Sam L Jackson. Of course they're black.
Old 2010-05-17, 15:25   Link #488
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Smallz View Post
Bee talks like a homie
Obviously you don't know enough asians.
Old 2010-05-17, 15:49   Link #489
Alchemist007
*Author

He da home B yo, yo yo.

Old 2010-05-18, 05:22   Link #490
Zenkimaru

I find this video to be an apt depiction of Sakura as a character.

Sakura wants ham!

Zenkimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 05:06   Link #491
kitten320

How can you be not Black when you have black skin?!
Even if they are half Japanese, they still are black.

Besides what does it have to do with Sakura?
Old 2010-05-19, 05:21   Link #492
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
For some reason Biggie Smallz suggested that the reason Sakura is a weak character is because Kishimoto has made Black characters as the Spotlight Stealing Squad.

Incidently, Biggie Smallz's initals are "BS" which is quite fitting.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 14:40   Link #493
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
For some reason Biggie Smallz suggested that the reason Sakura is a weak character is because Kishimoto has made Black characters as the Spotlight Stealing Squad.

Incidently, Biggie Smallz's initals are "BS" which is quite fitting.
You trying to start somethin dude?
Old 2010-05-19, 15:05   Link #494
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I've been to an few different forums. People want Sakura to join Sasuke now. I was wondering would that be good for her character and the manga?
From what I have read it is rather people speculating/What IFs regarding this issue.

My opinions is, why the hell should she join him if it is not for (trying to/failing to) bring him down a second time.

Oh and I have been a diehard SasuSaku fan since 2005.
Old 2010-05-19, 15:51   Link #495
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
How can you be not Black when you have black skin?!
Even if they are half Japanese, they still are black.

Um, they don't have black skin, they have tan skin. I'm the same complexion, my dad is dark and my mother is fair. Last I checked we're not "black".

But you're right, this needs to stop cause it's nothing about Sakura
Old 2010-05-20, 06:17   Link #496
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Smallz View Post
You trying to start somethin dude?
Lol. Just some playful banter, man.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:22   Link #497
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ lol, provocative as always Haak. That evil(and superbly awesome) avatar compliments you well
Old 2011-02-08, 15:47   Link #498
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Awesome. I completely forgot about this thread. Lets hope Kishi gets over his sexism and lets Sakura actually be a heroine. She should own during this war well at least I hope she does.
Old 2011-02-08, 15:50   Link #499
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm pretty sure they're not black... since the narutoverse is a fantasy feudal Japan. And it's already mentioned that they're complexion is tan not black.
Well it is based off of feudal Japan but you forget this is a fictional world not necessarily a real one. Kishi can do as he pleases. If he wants black characters in feudal Japan than he can have them. Its that simple.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:19   Link #500
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Well it is based off of feudal Japan but you forget this is a fictional world not necessarily a real one. Kishi can do as he pleases. If he wants black characters in feudal Japan than he can have them. Its that simple.
Kishi doesn't have a problem overstepping ethics...look at Naruto. And Ino. And Tsunade.

Don't look at Sakura, though. She's just...alien or something xD