AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 18:14   Link #1
hAckErmAx
ハケルマックス

Question I wonder if anybody needs a tool like this...

Just registered and yet starting a thread (man that surely makes some of you admin guys sick I know, but, gomen...)

To come to the point.
I spent the last two weeks coding a tool (more exactly a windows app) which retrieves information about newly listet torrents from animesuki.com (yes, that not a great thing yet) and now I was wondering if anybody here is interested in using it.
Erhm... ah yeah, here are the main features:
- You can create a Black List so that the program knows which series you are interested in getting new Torrents (you can filter after series and/or groups)
- The tool is able to automatically download .torrent files for you into a directory of your choice (you can choose a different directory for each black listet entry)
- It is also possible to let the program run in tray and if new entries and/or black listet entries are available it can notify you via a balloon tip (you can choose to enable or disable this because some guys of you might get pissed of about this balloons I know )
- And a few more things more or less usefull like filtering entries, sorting the list, and so on

Just try it out! (And if somebody is asking for a documentation, there isn't one yet)

So if you are interested and want to give it a try pls go there:
http://www.living-bytes.com/max/

You can E-Mail me if you found bugs, have suggestions etc.
Mail: hackermax2k@hotmail.com

To the mods: I don't know whether this is the correct forum to post this thread into but in my opinion it fitted best cause I see my program as a feedback ^_^v

(hopefully my english isn't to confusing for you guys...)
hAckErmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 19:08   Link #2
Forse
r00t for life

I tried it and it exited right after I tried to apply filter. Anyway...I don't want to bring you down or anything, but u can use rss to get same results.
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 05:04   Link #3
hAckErmAx
ハケルマックス

Oh damn... ur right man
(Just open the app, receive the list, and close it - if the program created a file called Info.dat in the directory where the .exe is and that is greater than 0 bytes it should work fine)
I'll fix it asap...

And to mention the rss feed, of course I know that and it's a nice thing though but I don't want to see my tool as a replacement for it or something like that, I see it as an addition to all those feature animesuki offers to us. (e.g. the rss feed isn't able to download .torrent files for you, or filter out series you aren't interested in )

Anyways, I don't force people to use my program

Edit:
I checked the code and found no error, until I realized that the .ini file I distributed with this release was not up to date (*whoops*). So if anybody is still interested... the "new" version's up.

Last edited by hAckErmAx; 2004-11-06 at 10:55.
hAckErmAx is offline   Reply With Quote