AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-06-15, 15:30   Link #1161
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Honestly, I do prefer the KyonXNagato pairing than the KyonXMikuru one.
The fact than we don't know if a ''Interface'' is plysically capable ( I don't think so), is one of the problem I could see for thr KyonXNagato pairing, the major one is how Nagato could manage all the emotion from that relationship...
Hold on... Are you actually trying to say a creature who can alter time and space couldn't alter her own form to permit procreation?

Yuki isn't a robot as we understand it; you are not going to find a single gear or microchip anywhere in her body. She can probably go though a full-body scan and the doctors still wouldn't notice anything abnormal. If Yuki ca reconstruct objects out of thin air and regenerate body parts, altering her physiology as to permit cross-breeding with a human is definitely within her means. The only question is if the child would have any interface powers or just be a regular human.
Old 2008-06-15, 16:14   Link #1162
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Hold on... Are you actually trying to say a creature who can alter time and space couldn't alter her own form to permit procreation?

Yuki isn't a robot as we understand it; you are not going to find a single gear or microchip anywhere in her body. She can probably go though a full-body scan and the doctors still wouldn't notice anything abnormal. If Yuki ca reconstruct objects out of thin air and regenerate body parts, altering her physiology as to permit cross-breeding with a human is definitely within her means. The only question is if the child would have any interface powers or just be a regular human.
Sorry you got me on that one , I should say than I don't think she was primary crreated to be physically capable... She was intended to be a observer, not a actor .
About the question about the ''power'' of a child from Kyon and Nagato, I don't know, but it will be interesting if the kid get at least some power.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 16:55   Link #1163
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Nagato would no doubt be able to procreate, she would probably not give the child any powers, its her choice. She can either conceive an entirely normal child, but creating someone with powers would not make that person all human, she's capable of executing those powers because of her ability to process all that data, it would be a super-human more or less.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 18:47   Link #1164
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Nagato would no doubt be able to procreate, she would probably not give the child any powers, its her choice. She can either conceive an entirely normal child, but creating someone with powers would not make that person all human, she's capable of executing those powers because of her ability to process all that data, it would be a super-human more or less.
Is it not her power?, her ability to to process all data .
Old 2008-06-15, 19:27   Link #1165
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

From the way she acts often enough, I'm not sure if it implied but Nagato is clearly not limited by anything, she's not human, but the way she acts is similar to a machine, similar to Ghost n the Shell Nagato is just a shell, an extremely humanlike shell and the Ghost which is "Nagato" could be a program. When Nagato made Asakura go poof, she mentions the severance of the link to the human shall (the term escapes me) of course this could very well mean that Asakura isn't dead, just not capable of manifesting herself as a human. It could be her power, but it could just be something she was made to have, she was created by the Entity afterall.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-15, 20:25   Link #1166
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
From the way she acts often enough, I'm not sure if it implied but Nagato is clearly not limited by anything, she's not human, but the way she acts is similar to a machine, similar to Ghost n the Shell Nagato is just a shell, an extremely humanlike shell and the Ghost which is "Nagato" could be a program. When Nagato made Asakura go poof, she mentions the severance of the link to the human shall (the term escapes me) of course this could very well mean that Asakura isn't dead, just not capable of manifesting herself as a human. It could be her power, but it could just be something she was made to have, she was created by the Entity afterall.
I am not sure than the Ghost in the shell analogy it the good one, Nagato got a ''master'' from the Integrated Data Sentient Entity ( Kyon did ask one to Nagato if his Master was fron the main fraction of the IDSE ). Is it posible than the ''software'' in not in the Interface , but with the other of the IDSE, that could explain the '' severance of the link to thre human shall'', while ''evaporing'' the interface but not the software.
By the way, nagato do have limit, she needed to use haruhi's power in vol4 and she said than her dimensional manipulation would not be enought for creating the ''snow mountain syndrome'' disturbance.
Old 2008-06-15, 21:02   Link #1167
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The way I see it, the interfaces are limited by being unable to create new data. They have to modify existing data, and even these powers have limits. (Hence why Yuki can't make it rain for the baseball game; if she did, Earth's weather would be borked up for a long time.)

Haruhi, however, has no limits. She is not bound by time, energy, or amount of data, and this is why everyone wants her power.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 22:27   Link #1168
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

But the problem that she changes everything XD. And then it begins raining bunnies.

Nagato's power is like a knife, precise and efficent.

Haruhi's power is like a large hammer, it does the same job, but makes a bigg splat and is very unweildy

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-15, 22:54   Link #1169
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But the problem that she changes everything XD. And then it begins raining bunnies.

Haruhi's power is like a large hammer, it does the same job, but makes a bigg splat and is very unweildy
I don't think Nagato can rewrite the universe...

And Haruhi is capable of smaller things. She can influence probability.
Old 2008-06-16, 11:07   Link #1170
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Hmm...procreating with Nagato. Does that sound stimulating to you?
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 11:19   Link #1171
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

She is a HUMAN interface afterall >.- . Don't call out the Yuki fanboys, they'll ravage everything insight.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-16, 11:23   Link #1172
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I thought it was humanoid interface.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 11:26   Link #1173
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yuki requires more data.
Old 2008-06-16, 19:59   Link #1174
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yuki requires more data.

Need input. MORE INPUT!!
Old 2008-06-16, 20:21   Link #1175
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
NUMBER FIVE ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, back on the subject, all we really have to do to find out if Yuki is compatable is somehow get Kyon to ask her. Due to her near-complete loyalty to him, she'd either answer one way or the other, or, if he puts it in the form of a request, just go right on ahead with it if possible. Obviously this has to be done while Haruhi isn't around, as this just wreaks of "End Game scenario" fuel.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 22:47   Link #1176
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
. Don't call out the Yuki fanboys, they'll ravage everything insight.
Tastes are beyond reason...
Old 2008-06-17, 04:00   Link #1177
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post

Need input. MORE INPUT!!
Hey! Its ROB!!

(sorry for the off topic-ness...I had to shout that out.)

Anyways, Yuki can reproduce like any other human?
Well that does sound logical...she can change data at will anytime.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 15:47   Link #1178
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Here's my take on Yuki, and the Human interfaces as a whole. Lots of extrapolation here.

Yuki would most likely turn up under most medical examinations, as a completely healthy human female in every way. Meaning that her reproductive organs work just as well as any other part of her. Given that many of the interfaces are designed to blend in seamlessly with the human population, it would be illogical to do otherwise.

The only difference between Yuki, and a baseline human, is that she probably is that her brain is connected to a construct made of whatever the IDE is made out of, with some kind of connection to her organic mind.

As for the offspring, without any direct intervention, it would most likely develop as a completely normal baseline.

Quote:

Haruhi's power is like that currently, because she is completely unaware of it. It's like having a giant limb floating around you that you can control, but can't feel, so you randomly flair it around.

Haruhi's power are more along the lines of, erasing the problem so she doesn't have to knife of hammer it.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2008-06-17 at 16:04.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 15:52   Link #1179
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Here's my take on Yuki, and the Human interfaces as a whole. Lots of extrapolation here.

Yuki would most likely turn up under most medical examinations, as a completely healthy human female in every way. Meaning that her reproductive organs work just as well as any other part of her. Given that many of the interfaces are designed to blend in seamlessly with the human population, it would be illogical to do otherwise.

The only difference between Yuki, and a baseline human, is that she probably is that her brain is connected to a construct made of whatever the IDE is made out of, with some kind of connection to her organic mind.
That, and she's a totally artificial human being. Kind of like the Replicants from Blade Runner. They too were totally identical to humans physically, but lacked normal emotional responses.
Old 2008-06-17, 17:22   Link #1180
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Not sure if that's a good analogy. Replicants from the sound of it, are anatomically human in every way except in the way their brains are programmed. They have a different set instinctive reactions to certain stimuli. It sounds like they were built from the ground up differently than a normal Homo Saipian.

Yuki is different in my mind. While Yuki's "Meateware" OS probably has all the normal programming that a normal human has from birth, she (and likely all the other IDE humans) have several drawbacks in regards to their human nature. It all essentially comes down to two systems competing with each other.

1.The intellectual part her mind is totally dominated by her IDE born OS. Although she likely has a normal conscious human mind, it's input is minimal compared to the alien part. This alien intellectual part of Yuki's mind has no understanding of human behavior.
*(Another insight on this, after another point)

2.Her human mind is immature. Even if we assume Yuki's "meat" ware is completely identical to that of a normal human in form and function, it doesn't have the normal programming that humans attain from interacting with other humans. Her human aspect is like one of those wild children who at first glance seem severely retarded.

*:Of course the human mind is more than that thing that we hear in our heads, or that imagines things. Pretty much all human emotion is based in our unconscious mind. This type of behavior is probably completely absent from the IDE, who probably have perfect control and awareness of their mental facilities. So while Yuki's IDE mind dominates here intellectual self, her unconscious emotions hold undo influence on her titanic intellect.

Imagine if you will, a baby hooked up to a giant war machine, with a hyper intelligent artificial intelligience. The babies pure emotional feelings dictates the course of action of the AI, causing it commit to utterly unfathomable course of actions with all the precision of a hyper intelligent AI.

This would explain why every IDE we've seen, seems stuck into one kind of emotional state at all times. The IDE part of it has no practical understanding of human behavior, while it's human part is to immature to not come off as mentally deranged. Thus, they merely pick an emotion that will fit most of the circumstances that particular unit will be in, and put themselves in lock down mode. Thus explaining Yuki's and Asakura's completely unchanged behavior from when going about their normal daily behavior, and trying to rip each other to shreds.

...that was wordy
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga