AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 17:12   Link #3281
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
LuckySovietStar:
Spoiler for the chapel:

Spoiler for Jessica's room:

Is there any mention as to whether her room was carpeted? It's feasible to clean blood off hardwood or tile in short order, but not carpet.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 17:47   Link #3282
LuckySovietStar

Oh, I totally forgot about blood trail. I must ask my dad about any way of concealing it, he should have seen back wounds like this few times, and moving really injured people is kinda part of his work.
Also, it make so hard getting Kanon out of this room. No blood of his and all. And no blood trail. Unless Jessica chosen his pool of blood as her resting place, and she herself wasn't bleeding all the way . Or he was already dead before start of the game etc. I will try prepare some crazy twisted logic tomorrow or at my school opening ceremony.

Also about Rosa did it-I just don't like it. Too obvious? Also, one thing that made me think about DUPLICATOR X is that picture of Chapel, you know, that one from 1998. I bet she wanted to get to this place...Also, I will reread Jessica room part, because my last rereading was focused on things after this (at first I was just goin to compare anime adaptation and VN scenes, but you know, Musou Rosa is best mother ever. I love that part...)
LuckySovietStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 01:11   Link #3283
AncientSpark

Spoiler for About the Chapel:

Last edited by AncientSpark; 2009-08-29 at 02:59.
AncientSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 02:55   Link #3284
porchoky

Please stop me if I'm spewing BS but I was thinking about something (won't help solve any mysteries, just formalities, so to speak).

So in Higurashi, every time Rika died, she and Hanyuu 'ressurected' themselves by traveling to another kakera, right? (I'm not sure on this one).
However, in umineko, there are Voyager witches who can travel between kakera, and witches like Beatrice who can't. So every time the game resets, is Beatrice using her endless magic powers to reset the whole world or something back 2/3 days? Or is she unconciously teleporting herself and meta-battler and everyone else to another kakera to repeat the same 2 days?
If it's the former, how did old Agne ever become? Did Beatrice let the world go on for long enough for her to become of that age? Doesn't it also mean there is only one Ange, just that she keeps getting reset back so technically, there are no 'lone' Anges if Battler eventually wins.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 03:21   Link #3285
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead

I'm not sure, but I think it has to be something like kakera travelling, because a reset wouldn't make sense.
The future where Eva survived wouldn't exist because Beato and Battler would be locked in a repeating circle of time, which only continues when solving the riddles.
Also it should be the same murderer every time if it was a world reset, because otherwise multiple persons would have plans to kill the rest.
Hmm now that i think about it, the resetting of the world 2 days into the past could maybe create a parallel-dimension(new kakera?) so the time on the first one continues the normal flow while the new one starts again two days before.
I'm not sure about all of that, but maybe we'll get infomation about that in later episodes
~Diru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 07:28   Link #3286
LuckySovietStar

Six Closed Room Murder (Episode 3, First Twilight) is a tricky one. We don't know who opens door, and also who check the bodies. So if Conspiracy of Servants is true, even if doors are truly locked, keys can be placed at will, if one of servants is a person who check the bodies. Also, this can apply to Nanjo in Jessica room as well.

Spoiler for Chapel:

Spoiler for Usual?:

Spoiler for Key Box:

Last edited by LuckySovietStar; 2009-08-29 at 08:00.
Old 2009-08-29, 08:26   Link #3287
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
And there is something funny. When Beato is lazy and don't want to repeat again and again that everything is like previous rooms, she says Natsuhi's room was exactly the same, just like usual. "Usual" seems to start with Jessica's room, not with Chapel. Why? Because Chapel can't be opened with Master Key? Or because Chapel, in difference to Jessica's\Servant's\Natsuhi's rooms was never locked in first place?
The "usual" thing only refers to the "closed room" definition. Beatrice at this point was obviously tired of repeating the same things over and over. Of course the complex definition of closed room started with Jessica's case.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:38   Link #3288
LuckySovietStar

So, Chapel was never put under that definition?
Old 2009-08-29, 08:41   Link #3289
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't think it was at that time. there are some closed room solutions that haven't been denied in the case of the chapel.

For example Battler later imagines that even if there aren't secret passages, there still might be a hidden place where the killer could have hide himself. This was negated in all the closed room of ep2 but not in the chapel's case.

Old 2009-08-29, 08:48   Link #3290
~Diru~

Quote:
For example Battler later imagines that even if there aren't secret passages, there still might be a hidden place where the killer could have hide himself. This was negated in all the closed room of ep2 but not in the chapel's case.
But that was denied in red in ep4 wasn't it?

There was no one hiding in the chapel.
Old 2009-08-29, 08:51   Link #3291
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Maybe. Does a secret room connected to the chapel is still considered part of the chapel? Yeah it's a word play. It's not like I really believe this is the solution. After all the idea from the beginning was kinda lame.

Old 2009-08-29, 08:55   Link #3292
~Diru~

Also about the 6 persons, it was stated that

All six were genuine victims, and did not take part in a mutual murder!

and

When the six were killed in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel!

So there were at least 7 people in the chapel at the time of the murder.
Old 2009-08-29, 09:27   Link #3293
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Diru~ View Post
Also about the 6 persons, it was stated that

All six were genuine victims, and did not take part in a mutual murder!

and

When the six were killed in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel!

So there were at least 7 people in the chapel at the time of the murder.
That red text does not confirm that all six were killed at the exact same time.

If the culprit lured them in one at a time and murdered them then it is still true that all six of the victims were murdered while the culprit was in the chapel.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 12:14   Link #3294
porchoky

Well, if you consider the small scene beforehand where all the adults are gathered in the chapel acknowldeging Beatrice, there were 8 (or 7+1 witch) people in the chapel.
Maybe Beatrice murdered 6 of the adults after that scene, then Rosa freaked, ran out and stole Maria's key and locked it up so no one would know.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 16:02   Link #3295
AncientSpark

Wasn't it said, in red that "The key passed through no one's hands", or something like that? Rosa wouldn't have been able to lock it at that point, as the key would have been with Maria.
AncientSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 16:06   Link #3296
~Diru~

Starting when Maria's key was received, and until the instant Rosa unsealed it the next day, it passed through no one's hands!!

-> If it was 00:01 it may count as the next day so it may be possible if it happend after midnight.

But why would she open the envelope again later to open the door?
Old 2009-08-29, 16:31   Link #3297
LuckySovietStar

She propably wanted to make sure that some of cousins will see her taking key from Maria's envelope. Creating a witness. You know, just going somewhere and acting like "Oh, I found key, ha ha ha" surely would be suspicious; this way if somebody would ask "Did she really found it just now?" Battler would say "Yeah, I've seen it". No more questions, hrm.
Also, I wonder. In anime, Nanjo was with servants when they were standing before Chapel, waiting for Rosa; I dont remember him being in that group in novel. This might be thing of little importance, but with Nanjo, there is exactly six people group to enter through front door before Beato stated it in red, so maybe she wasn't speaking about victims
Old 2009-08-29, 16:38   Link #3298
~Diru~

Yeah I thought about that too, but in the VN did Rosa check if someone noticed her?
I think Battler only thought "I thought there was someone" when she already left, while he talked to her in the Anime.
And she could have placed the key back into the envelope after closing the door, when this happend there would be no reason to get the key from the envelope, because this would make her suspicious.She could have waited until an other person thought about Marias envelope.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:40   Link #3299
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySovietStar View Post
She propably wanted to make sure that some of cousins will see her taking key from Maria's envelope. Creating a witness. You know, just going somewhere and acting like "Oh, I found key, ha ha ha" surely would be suspicious; this way if somebody would ask "Did she really found it just now?" Battler would say "Yeah, I've seen it". No more questions, hrm.
Also, I wonder. In anime, Nanjo was with servants when they were standing before Chapel, waiting for Rosa; I dont remember him being in that group in novel. This might be thing of little importance, but with Nanjo, there is exactly six people group to enter through front door before Beato stated it in red, so maybe she wasn't speaking about victims

God... now I'm imagining the scene.

Rosa goes to the cousin's room to create a witness.
She finds everyone asleep
She coughs
they are still asleep
she stomps the floor heavily
they are still asleep
she slams the door
they are still asleep
she smacks Battler in the head
Battler: Uh? What?
Rosa finally pretends to search in Maria's purse

Old 2009-08-29, 17:56   Link #3300
mizou
Observer

I have a small theory about the closed room
since in red text, it said that when a room door is closed there's no manner to escape or enter the room without a key
in the four first games, the servants are suspected
but what if the door was not locked ?! I mean that the one who try to open the door simulate that it was locked
mizou is offline   Reply With Quote