AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-15, 22:25   Link #101
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah. Taniguchi is rather good at picking out VAs. He always seems to know exactly who he wants to some degree in terms of qualtities.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 22:29   Link #102
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
What does this have anything to do with philosophy?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 22:30   Link #103
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Nothing, it got off a little.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-16, 01:36   Link #104
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
If this is really like Star Trek from whence I think the concept is drawn from, the concept of an entire plane of existence filled with Gods like her really sends shivers down the old spine.
Are you referring to the Continuum? I don't think C.C's people are quite on the level of Q or she could have done everything herself.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 01:45   Link #105
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Are you referring to the Continuum? I don't think C.C's people are quite on the level of Q or she could have done everything herself.
The Continuum's doesn't allow itself to do that though, I mean even Laughing God Q was never overt in his interference, just basically pushing things a long from the side really so I can see why there would be a comparison between them and C.C's 'people' or whatever they are to her anyway
Old 2008-05-20, 21:43   Link #106
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So, what does everyone think about these Gods. I know we have nothing to go on really at this point, but I was curious what some thought.

Now, since C.C. was originally a normal human I'm not sure how she fits into this. She could be something like a servant or proxy I suppose and has been tasked with something she has to do for some reason for some sort of reward. Her original concept of being an angel could factor into this so maybe she wants to go home or something.

I wonder why these Gods do not interfere in things directly, though being Gods I suppose they prefer not to involve themselves directly and may instead have others do it for them. They may not even be Gods in the way we think them to be.

Now then, what could V.V. possibly gain from killing these Gods? Does he want to take their place and shape this world to his desires, revenge perhaps if they were responsible for him being immortal, or perhaps he sees these Gods as evil and sinister (who knows, maybe they are) and is doing this for what he believes is the "good" of all?

This is all just random thoughts of course. I don't think we'll learn much at all about these Gods myself.

Old 2008-05-20, 21:49   Link #107
KrimzonStriker

There might not be actual gods in the end either you know Dann >_>
Old 2008-05-20, 22:05   Link #108
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So V.V. is on a wild goose chase? Now that would be funny. Like I noted though, these Gods might not be Gods as one would imagine in the normal sense.

Old 2008-05-20, 22:09   Link #109
KrimzonStriker

I think it probably isn't as literal as they make it out to be myself, no twist in the end if they state it this early
Old 2008-05-20, 22:16   Link #110
ReddyRedWolf

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clark

There has to be reason why there are Geass ruins all over the world and why Sakuradite exists.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 22:39   Link #111
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

"The Philosophy of Code Geass"?
I guess it's not as pretentious as I first thought, eh?
Sounds interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So V.V. is on a wild goose chase? Now that would be funny. Like I noted though, these Gods might not be Gods as one would imagine in the normal sense.
Now when we factor in that V.V. and C.C. are obviously from ye olde magical race, it's very possible that there are gods in the world of Code Geass. However, more likely is that the Gods are a metaphor for something related to this ancient race, with a bit of the Masami Eiri "With no one to worship me, I'm no God" (or something along those lines) that make these Gods "Gods". I'm currently waiting for a concrete explanation later, since my guesses will probably be faaar off, so I'd rather not try.

Of the topics on the first page, the only one I found particularly interesting (albeit cliché) was the question of morality in Zero's actions.
What he's doing is obviously for personal motives and gain: the typical anti-hero's vengeance, but also his love for his sister. However, once others are involved, they are also candidate for personal gain in defeating Brittania and gaining freedom. Now does that make Lelouch an angel or a devil?
Of course, we're all aware that he's the latter, but that's why he's cool.

And before people bring up lolDeath Note, let's just say that Light and Lulu aren't alike except that they're both intelligent. And have sisters. And have a special power. Aside from three minor things, they have no similarity at all.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 22:53   Link #112
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clark

There has to be reason why there are Geass ruins all over the world and why Sakuradite exists.
I don't see why Sakuradite has to be related to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
"The Philosophy of Code Geass"?
I guess it's not as pretentious as I first thought, eh?
Sounds interesting.

Now when we factor in that V.V. and C.C. are obviously from ye olde magical race, it's very possible that there are gods in the world of Code Geass. However, more likely is that the Gods are a metaphor for something related to this ancient race, with a bit of the Masami Eiri "With no one to worship me, I'm no God" (or something along those lines) that make these Gods "Gods". I'm currently waiting for a concrete explanation later, since my guesses will probably be faaar off, so I'd rather not try.
C.C. was confirmed to have been a normal human, so she isn't a God. Same probably applies with V.V.. Possibly related to that race we saw, but I don't think she was directly one of them in the past. And V.V. has to want to kill something that's out there.

Old 2008-05-20, 23:24   Link #113
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I don't see why Sakuradite has to be related to this.
Sakuradite being the fictional fuel, which ensures the balance of power, in this show makes me think its an artificially seeded mineral.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 23:28   Link #114
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That could be, but I have seen no evidence of it.

Old 2008-05-21, 06:47   Link #115
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
That could be, but I have seen no evidence of it.
Wasn't there material that presented it to be a used in alchemy in the past?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 07:59   Link #116
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I believe they thought it was the Philosopher's stone because of it's rarity and such. I think it was Columbus if I remember correctly.

Old 2008-05-21, 08:00   Link #117
KrimzonStriker

Marco Polo Dann
Old 2008-05-21, 08:08   Link #118
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Sorry, wrong explorer.

Old 2008-05-28, 23:27   Link #119
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I definitely think this line of thinking is important in the world of Code Geass. I'm of the school of thought that "gods" doesn't mean literal gods, and it has more to do with something that human beings don't, or can't, understand.

Wouldn't it be interesting if C.C. was genetically engineered by an ancient race of some sort to be immortal and to have "magical powers"? Just an idea I wanted to toss out there that has no proof to it what-so-ever.

Either way, I definitely think the concept of technology being interpreted as magic will play a role at some point in the show.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 23:43   Link #120
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I've always gotten a sort of mechanical feel from that whole two planets thing for some reason. Time will tell I suppose, but Geass definitely seems to be based on the powers of the mind.

It was also said that Geass was related to mankind's very existence and that it had the ability to destroy or create just about anything. That last bit is weird since we haven't seen a Geass that does anything like that.