AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-20, 13:26   Link #2781
Ultragunner

It could be done when he hadn't mastered his regen. ability yet? Or at the very least, the Yotsuba could manipulate any test results (DNA for example) to make them siblings (like in Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - the anime LOL)

Speaking of Tatsuya like this, sth has been bothering me for a while, although it has been stated many times in the LN that Tatsuya "only looks okay" or "average in appearance", but in honesty, regardless of his peerless ability, even as a guy I really want to scream out: "Are you f***ing kidding me? He IS the coolest looking guy in the series!!!!!!!". People (in the LN) say that guys like Hanzou or Ichijou are handsome but I don't really agree (or at least based on the illustrations LOL).

So, anyone has the same thought as I do?
Old 2013-02-20, 13:35   Link #2782
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
It could be done when he hadn't mastered his regen. ability yet? Or at the very least, the Yotsuba could manipulate any test results (DNA for example) to make them siblings (like in Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - the anime LOL)

Speaking of Tatsuya like this, sth has been bothering me for a while, although it has been stated many times in the LN that Tatsuya "only looks okay" or "average in appearance", but in honesty, regardless of his peerless ability, even as a guy I really want to scream out: "Are you f***ing kidding me? He IS the coolest looking guy in the series!!!!!!!". People (in the LN) say that guys like Hanzou or Ichijou are handsome but I don't really agree (or at least based on the illustrations LOL).

I agree i never thought of tatsuya as plain he has a really sharp look and looks like the cool type.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:58   Link #2783
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
I agree i never thought of tatsuya as plain he has a really sharp look and looks like the cool type.
Well, Erika does say he beats Kirihara in the looks department .. and he was called a hunk in the first volume. Then again, this is all very contradictory, as Mayumi ruminated that he was very average, so who knows?
Old 2013-02-20, 14:19   Link #2784
Konja7

Quote:

I have a similar thought.

He has too many good looking on the ilustrations, then I feel uncomfortable when he qualified as average looking.

The mangas also draw Tatsuya with very good looking (especially the manga rettousei, although this manga has never said he is average).

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-02-20 at 14:31.
Old 2013-02-20, 14:27   Link #2785
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:

You know i can agree that Tatsuya looks cool and composed. I was a little bit shock when Mayumi compare his outward appearance to other males.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-20, 15:28   Link #2786
Grave_digger

Quote:

Found a comrade

I think so too !!! why do he always described as very average,i really think he at least got a score 80 from 100 ( from me he is 100). he's way cooler than hattori and ichijou, but he really doesn't fit to be hero type ( like combined version of dark knight and mad scientist ). it is the prove the way character see is different than us the reader. like in the romance genre manga, beautiful girl is often said cute girl.

This is the author plot to prevent random girl (his classmate maybe ) fall for him cause he is too good looking, and give the other guy chance as well.
Old 2013-02-20, 15:54   Link #2787
NeutralZero

Also agree...
He looks way better than others but...
Even if he has the looks, his general personality or aura to others greatly degrade his general appearance...
Miyuki being paired up to anyone aside,
Don't you think Tatsuya has a higher chance for that?
Similar to Juumonji's advice to him...
If more and more knew of Tatsuya especially his insane level of mana/psion leaving aside that he is also a war class magician would make every clan (Minus the Yotsuba who treat him as dirt) to want him to join theirs...
Old 2013-02-20, 16:58   Link #2788
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Also agree...
He looks way better than others but...
Even if he has the looks, his general personality or aura to others greatly degrade his general appearance...
Miyuki being paired up to anyone aside,
Don't you think Tatsuya has a higher chance for that?
Similar to Juumonji's advice to him...
If more and more knew of Tatsuya especially his insane level of mana/psion leaving aside that he is also a war class magician would make every clan (Minus the Yotsuba who treat him as dirt) to want him to join theirs...
This reminds me .. it was unclear from the way the scene was described, but it looked like all his classmates were around when he got "unleashed" .. so my question is did they all see his saiyan transformation psion explosion?
Old 2013-02-20, 17:17   Link #2789
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
This reminds me .. it was unclear from the way the scene was described, but it looked like all his classmates were around when he got "unleashed" .. so my question is did they all see his saiyan transformation psion explosion?
Yes, they did.
Old 2013-02-20, 17:27   Link #2790
NeutralZero

it would be nice if it was done using Mizuki's POV...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-02-20 at 17:43.
Old 2013-02-20, 18:29   Link #2791
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:

It's a "problem" often found in illustration, most of the time illlustrators cant seen to be able to draw average characters, there beautifull or full ugly.
Old 2013-02-20, 19:01   Link #2792
henzaeroz

Quote:

that's the problem, would you like to see Main Characther look Ugly ?

even it has been stated that tatsuya is average in appearance he still need to look good on the illustrations. and that's what happen in Accel World, some people don't like MC appearance

my personal opinion, Tatsuya average in appearance was supposed to lower his gary stu level imagine, if he was as popular as his sister.
Old 2013-02-20, 19:12   Link #2793
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
it would be nice if it was done using Mizuki's POV...
the way it was described, sounds like they could see it without using her eyes. Poor girl would probably go blind if she didn't have her glasses on.
Old 2013-02-20, 19:36   Link #2794
babbo3d

that's Sayaka (probably).
Old 2013-02-20, 20:58   Link #2795
Undur

I don't think his classmates actually saw the unleashing, cuz I'm pretty sure that once he left the building/room with Kazama, Miyuki went after him to stop him and then proceeded to remove the shackles or whatever.
Old 2013-02-20, 21:03   Link #2796
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undur View Post
I don't think his classmates actually saw the unleashing, cuz I'm pretty sure that once he left the building/room with Kazama, Miyuki went after him to stop him and then proceeded to remove the shackles or whatever.
He never left the room.

Kazama left the room. Everyone else is still there.
Old 2013-02-20, 22:08   Link #2797
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undur View Post
They see it Mayumi even comments about it later.
Old 2013-02-20, 22:26   Link #2798
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
They see it Mayumi even comments about it later.
She did in Mayumi SS. Hmmm. I wonder if she's still holding on to her theory that he's an Extra.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-02-20 at 22:37.
Old 2013-02-20, 22:55   Link #2799
Undur

Well, Mayumi might be the only one of them to see it due to her Sensory-Type Magic "Multi Scope". Just like how she was the only one who actually saw what Tatsuya did to that armored truck. Or does it like explicitly say in Mayumi SS that the others saw it as well? Then again, this is all just my interpretation of the events.
Old 2013-02-20, 23:33   Link #2800
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
that's the problem, would you like to see Main Characther look Ugly ?

even it has been stated that tatsuya is average in appearance he still need to look good on the illustrations. and that's what happen in Accel World, some people don't like MC appearance

my personal opinion, Tatsuya average in appearance was supposed to lower his gary stu level imagine, if he was as popular as his sister.
Well, I get that, but the illustrator (Ishida Kana) has overdone it a bit (LOL), Ise in DxD is described to have quite average face and the illustrations show exactly that (though he's getting more manly ). Seriously, having a MC looking like Tatsuya should have been overkill LOL

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings