AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-05, 01:26   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

What kind of fight scenes do you like in Anime?

Just curious what kinds of fights that people prefer to see in Animes? Would it be Magic Battles? Mecha Fights? High energy duals (aka Naruto, DBZ, etc) Hand to hand combat? Swords? Gun Battles? Figher Duels? Battle Ship duals? Star Ship battles? Sports? (aka basketball, soccer, etc) or something entirely different that I haven't listed?

For me I'd have to say that Fighter Combat and Mecha have to rate tops of all the different kinds of fights out there. High energy duals would have to be second and hand to hand and swords tied for 3rd. What about you guys? What do you like for battle scenes in an anime?
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 01:44   Link #2
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

I guess I like hand to hand, swords, and after watching Slam Dunk, sports.

I don't like battleship fights because they tend to be the classic chase and be chased rutine. Except, of course, if we are talking about a whole fleet, but I still find it somehow boring.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 02:30   Link #3
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
For me I would prefer a little something more martial artish... but not too much like Ranma.... a combination of both would be good... Naruto is pretty interesting ...
but I also like the fights in FMA although they don't contain much martial arts...
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 05:36   Link #4
kamij0

get backer's fight is very nice and interesting
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 06:24   Link #5
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Just curious what kinds of fights that people prefer to see in Animes? Would it be Magic Battles? Mecha Fights? High energy duals (aka Naruto, DBZ, etc) Hand to hand combat? Swords? Gun Battles? Figher Duels? Battle Ship duals? Star Ship battles? Sports? (aka basketball, soccer, etc) or something entirely different that I haven't listed?

For me I'd have to say that Fighter Combat and Mecha have to rate tops of all the different kinds of fights out there. High energy duals would have to be second and hand to hand and swords tied for 3rd. What about you guys? What do you like for battle scenes in an anime?
Damn, think you mentioned enough types lol. MOstly I like hand to hand. But not just punch punch crap, mostly alot of blocking and counters. I like twist in fight and if someone can do something interesting the more better. like in naruto susake setting up kakashi when all three were trying to get the bells. Stuff like that gets me going, fast paced, upper hand keeps changing and not much pause or slow down except to maybe say fuck you. But even then no one ever says that.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 06:28   Link #6
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

I have to say I am a swords person, I prefer seeing Magic and sword scenes rather than high energy duel.

By the ways, I hate DBZ, THEY always HAVE TO TALK VERY VERY Long Before fighting

Mecha fighting are cool but then I prefer human vs human then
mecha vs mecha.
Unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 06:37   Link #7
Oogle

Send a message via AIM to Oogle Send a message via MSN to Oogle
Sword Combat all the way whether it be in mecha or on foot. Though ilove most the combat with the peacemakers in scrapped princess. :P I am a DBZ fan, though i must agree with Unimei in saying they speak TO DAMN MUCH and it soon devolved into too much energy duels so i preferd the original Dragonball.
Oogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 07:54   Link #8
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
Do you remember the last fight in the GunGrave anime?
This is a fight I don't like. It's just way too stupid and crude.
For me to like a fight it hast to have style and grace as well as being well staged.
Old 2004-01-05, 08:01   Link #9
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I prefer short and decisive fights.

Gunslinger Girl gunfights for example is short which I heartily approved.
Old 2004-01-05, 11:11   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehehe. Well, considering how they fight those fights in that show, it's understandable. Small body profile, lots of compact firepower, teamwork, programmed killing skills. Uh, yeah. Anyone going up against those girls wouldn't last long anyways, so this doesn't surprise me one bit that the fights are short.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 12:19   Link #11
Thelastguardian

ones that make sense, that kick the mech ones out
ones that you can sort of follow along how they move, that I know how they moves and how you can blockade it. So ones that use flashes and blur motions to show fast movement get kick out also.
ones that I can relate to stuff I learned, which leaves king fo (sorry I never seen a ninja in *real* life).
Old 2004-01-05, 12:21   Link #12
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I think the battles in Record of Lodoss War are awesome. There's little talking, lots and LOTS of swords, plus magic, arrows, dragons...damn I need to re-watch it
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 13:17   Link #13
EnergyRift

Hunter X Hunter style fights. Unpredictable and bold, lashing out varieties of combat techniques mixed with spirit. Very unique on it's own accord. With the system of fighting Togashi decided to create, it was quite ingenius, and one of my most favored fights, mainly because I rarely knows what kind of outcome will happen.

Rurouni Kenshin fights are nice with sword style. Mixed with techniques.

There's always something like Gundam Seed, with it's mecha battle, or Eva, but there's a limit to how enjoyable those are in my opinion.

Martial arts is where I'm at, either hand to hand combat, like Spike from cowboy bebop, energy usage like in hxh, or sword play from kenshin. That's my preference.
EnergyRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 14:21   Link #14
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Best mecha battle is from this obscure OVA titled Metal Skin Panic: MADDOX-01 which is sponsored by Japanese Self Defense Force. Very realistic.

Another one come to mind is Gasaraki. This what I imagine a real world mecha will fight.

Cowboy Bebop has some of the best hand to hand combat scene and not forgetting Wonderful Days, the Korean anime movie.
Old 2004-01-05, 14:38   Link #15
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

sword, gun, magic, and hand-to-hand battles
also mecha battles
my all time favorite is the clashing armies though, like the intro to FFXI, and the LotR movies
needless to say, i LOVE the dynasty warriors games
but if they throw a mecha in there, it becomes contrived
mecha should only fight mecha or oversized monster/demon (such as Godzilla vs. Mecha Godzilla, the Dai Guard series, etc.)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 15:22   Link #16
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I love hand to hand combat. A little magic envolved is ok but too much gets lame, DBZ and Naruto get too over the top imo.

I love the fights in Condor Hero and Grappler Baki 1 and 2. Original Dragon Ball before the King Piccolo saga was great too. I do like good mecha fights like in Gasaraki and in the UC Gundam, not the over the top AC crap. But i will say this, i loved the mecha fights in the Zone of the Enders ova and series, probally though because i loved the hell out of Zone of the Enders and 2nd Runner, especially 2nd Runner.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 13:06   Link #17
mr_green32

Hard to specify what I like in fight scenes, because almost all fight scenes grab my eyes. But, to give examples of some of my most loved:

Ninja Scroll: Jubei vs. Tessai
Ninja Scroll: Jubei vs. Utsutsu Mujuru
Ninja Scroll: Jubei vs. Himuro Gemma

Spriggan: Yu vs. Fat Man
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Asuka in Eva 02 vs. Eva Series

Dragonball Z, Movie 12: Gokou vs. Janemba, final form

Street Fighter: Chun-Li vs. Vega

Of course these are just a few mainstream fight scenes, but the great thing about anime is there is so much out there. Personally, I think feudal Japan had the best wars and fights in history. And that armor!
mr_green32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 13:05   Link #18
[Solid_Snake]

An interesting question. Personally I love mecha fights. I love seeing Zeon forces trudging across the countryside or Macross Valks dancing around each other laying waste with missiles. EVAs tearing angels a new one and Gasaraki's realistic depiction of what mecha battles would be like should we make them.

I’m also a huge fan of gun fights it’s just a shame so many are done poorly

Ever try firing a .45 one handed? Yeah, doesn't work to well in the accuracy department does it? At least Gunslinger girl draws the weapon recoil, ejection and reload procedure accurately. Heck they even drew the girl correctly breaking done her SIG for cleanup that’s a lot of detail. Hollywood usually skips all that stuff. I shouldn't complain though its still fun watching the guns blaze in Cowboy Bebop or Noir...
[Solid_Snake] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 13:07   Link #19
Sailordareone2300
Sailor Mercury Lover

Girl on girl fights
Sailordareone2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 14:25   Link #20
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

hand to hand styles are my favorite.... but sword fighting and gat fighting are always good too...