AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-10, 12:44   Link #121
LiLMewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Doremi is subbing.

Here's some gratuitous upskirting...

Blossom upskirt...

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/4...62334506ob.jpg

Buttercup upskirt...

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8...68305548io.jpg

(Side note: The ED looks painful...)
Why do people notice these things? Just watch the show.
LiLMewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 19:52   Link #122
strangeness_dss
unstable

So, will they have belly buttons in this one...hehe

looks like a another 30 min commercial

"Fighting for the sake of love." Well at least they have motivation. but of course 10-12 year old girls stateing that they are about to engage in fight with a monkey for the "sake" of love is irrelevant to say the least. At least salior moon declared that in the name of her home planet (the moon) she's pissed and she going to administer punishment on you is more relevant. Of course its all about dramatics here. Like staged role playing.

I wish they would "for the sake of love, please die."

Last edited by strangeness_dss; 2006-07-10 at 20:30.
strangeness_dss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 21:21   Link #123
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Somehow I'm only more psyched on the series, especially after seeing at the end of epsiode 2 (I saw the raw btw)...
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 21:26   Link #124
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Her attack is called "Graviton Drive."
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 09:38   Link #125
Access

I was forced to watch the original a few times with my daughter.
This one it just doesn't seem like there is any kind of sense / continuity in the characters and such. For instance in the original the mayor sounds, thinks, and acts like a helpless bumbling fool. In this one, the characters are all the same, but their voices don't distinguish them for what they are. Same can be said for the professor (he sounds too socialized and self-confident), Mojo-Jojo, and the girls for that matter. Also I just don't feel the serie has the same energy as the original; it doesn't seem to know what to do with itself or where it's going.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:05   Link #126
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

gah ... for gawds sake ... take it as an parody on PPG and not a continuation ... thats the problem with hell-of-alot people haves (not only here ... but also when talking about for an example Mai Otome or Soul link) ... people look at what was before and keep watching more links than there is between show A and show B

PPGZ is thought of as a parody of the original, yes ... but it is just as much thought of as a parody on Salior moon and the likewise Mahou Shojou series rumbleing about in Japan ... while i saw the humor in the original as any funny thing, i think that the humor in PPGZ is brilliant ... reason is that its humor on another level than PPG, and prehaps demand a slightly other mindset

got an idea ... everyone that don't like Demashitaa! PPGZ ... stop wacthing it and let us that like it (eventhrough we might are a minority ... so what ... shoot us) wacth and debate it in peace

people whined about the 'cartoonish' background ... haven't the thought crossed you that that was the whole point? ... the show does originally come from another show with a less-than-brilliant draw ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:26   Link #127
Silphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
gah ... for gawds sake ... take it as an parody on PPG and not a continuation ... thats the problem with hell-of-alot people haves (not only here ... but also when talking about for an example Mai Otome or Soul link) ... people look at what was before and keep watching more links than there is between show A and show B

PPGZ is thought of as a parody of the original, yes ... but it is just as much thought of as a parody on Salior moon and the likewise Mahou Shojou series rumbleing about in Japan ... while i saw the humor in the original as any funny thing, i think that the humor in PPGZ is brilliant ... reason is that its humor on another level than PPG, and prehaps demand a slightly other mindset

got an idea ... everyone that don't like Demashitaa! PPGZ ... stop wacthing it and let us that like it (eventhrough we might are a minority ... so what ... shoot us) wacth and debate it in peace

people whined about the 'cartoonish' background ... haven't the thought crossed you that that was the whole point? ... the show does originally come from another show with a less-than-brilliant draw ...
I agree 100%, I love this show so far, only seen episode one, but I thought it was briliant.

The cartoony backgrounds are not something to complain about...I think its great they used a cartoony approach. The only thing about the series so far that dont like is the mayor...Even if he is still stupid he seems too normal instead of....a little "different"
Silphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:42   Link #128
Access

Devilen, if you ask me, the original seemed like a parody also, a parody of the superhero genre, of people, jungian archtypes, and life-in-general; of school and growing up, of hapless, dependent adults who cannot help themselves and have to depend on children more able then themselves when anything goes wrong.

One person cannot tell another what to watch, some people enjoy watching things they themselves feel are 'bad', debate by it's very definition has to allow both positive and negative commentary, provided it is non-fallacious. Even reasonable people like to try new things, if you don't risk watching a show b'cos you might later on decide it is bad; with this attitude you will probably miss a lot of good shows.
Old 2006-07-11, 14:27   Link #129
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
PPGZ is thought of as a parody of the original, yes ... but it is just as much thought of as a parody on Salior moon and the likewise Mahou Shojou series rumbleing about in Japan ... while i saw the humor in the original as any funny thing, i think that the humor in PPGZ is brilliant ... reason is that its humor on another level than PPG, and prehaps demand a slightly other mindset...
The humor in the original worked on more than one level (it made you think)... the humor (or whatever it's called) in PPGZ is one-dimensional and thinking isn't necessary.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:52   Link #130
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Access > ... the first one was a parody ... reason why i said that about stop wacthin is that you get the impression that people wacth and rewacth just to prove how much it sucks ... people need to learn to put old series behind and don't think about them at all ... then its doomed to suck because it aren't 100% like the old one (and if it is it sucks because there is nothing new)

CrowKenobi > ... give it a chance will ya? ... the bird really got off the ground before you start shooting
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 15:42   Link #131
bayoab

Quote:
Except, PPGZ is not meant to be a parody of the original series. You are just digging for reasons to like it because you know its crap.

Quote:
Where are you pulling this information from? There is no humor in PPGZ. What was there in the show that was even remotely humorous?

Quote:
This thread is following a good trend: Less fanboy fappage, more trashing shitty shows so that people do not just read the thread and believe its decent. Let's not destroy it. We need more trashing the show. And you aren't just a minority, we can probably count those who like it on 2 hands.

Quote:
Except, the original was drawn brilliantly for what it was.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 16:20   Link #132
Access

If the creators didn't want it to be compared to the original series, they should've chosen a different name, used different characters, etc. By using the same name, the same characters (or different version thereof), the same or a similar setting, they are inviting a comparison. It's inevitable. You can't do all that stuff and then cry foul when people compare it to the original you derived the show from. Deviations from the original aren't bad by default, but what people are complaining about here is the lack of depth and 'character', something one watching the original could take for granted.
Old 2006-07-11, 17:32   Link #133
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Thumbs down

Quote:
CrowKenobi > ... give it a chance will ya? ... the bird really got off the ground before you start shooting
I am. I'm going to give it a number of episodes to see where they think they are going... but they sure have started out on the wrong foot.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:38   Link #134
HeartNana

Well, im a huge fan of any "Magical Girl" series, and while storywise, its completely random to the point that i find it hilarious, i'd have to say that imo, the art is way cuter than art for any other series ive ever seen. Im gonna keep watching this one, i watched the first ep 3 times, and im still loving it. I dont care that im the minority, but i just really like cute things, and this is overflowing with cuteness to the point that it can make a normal persons head explode.
HeartNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:51   Link #135
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Except, PPGZ is not meant to be a parody of the original series. You are just digging for reasons to like it because you know its crap.
What everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion. On the other hand, you have no right to force your thoughts on anyone. We aren't the Borg Collective or anything. You like this and I like that - fact of life (eg if you like Naruto, good for you. Me? I hate it.). *one man's gold is another man's poison*

Quote:
Where are you pulling this information from? There is no humor in PPGZ. What was there in the show that was even remotely humorous?
Again, that's you opinion. I find it funny in its own way (for some reason shows like Ichigo Mashimaro pop into my head)

Quote:
This thread is following a good trend: Less fanboy fappage, more trashing shitty shows so that people do not just read the thread and believe its decent. Let's not destroy it. We need more trashing the show. And you aren't just a minority, we can probably count those who like it on 2 hands.
Nope, this thread is showing how immature people can get. I've never seen anything this horrid since Da Capo Second Season. Also, I have a bunch of friends who are actually impressed by PPGZ.

Quote:
Except, the original was drawn brilliantly for what it was.
Again your opinion. Personally, I thought the original was crap (along with most of what appeared on the Cartoon Network).

P.S. Favorite moment of the series:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-07-11 at 22:23.
Old 2006-07-12, 00:41   Link #136
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Eh, you do realise that someone else was doing the same thing before, do you?
Old 2006-07-12, 00:49   Link #137
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
What everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion. On the other hand, you have no right to force your thoughts on anyone. We aren't the Borg Collective or anything. You like this and I like that - fact of life (eg if you like Naruto, good for you. Me? I hate it.). *one man's gold is another man's poison*
I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. The original post that I responded to was filled with excuses and doubt about how to even justify having the other opinion. This indicates that other poster isn't sure they have a reason to hold the other opinion. It is FACT that this show is not a parody of the original PPG. You may see it that way like you might see KGNE as a comedy. It may be an opinion, but it is wrong.

Quote:
Again, that's you opinion. I find it funny in its own way (for some reason shows like Ichigo Mashimaro pop into my head)
Yes, this was my own opinion. Again the original post that I responded to was doubtful that this even was a comedy, I asked for proof.

Quote:
Nope, this thread is showing how immature people can get. I've never seen anything this horrid since Da Capo Second Season. Also, I have a bunch of friends who are actually impressed by PPGZ.
Horrid? Immature? Where are you getting this from? This is nothing.
Spoiler for Off topic Comment:

The majority opinion in this thread is that this series is crap. How is this immature. There is no name calling or anything. Are you saying that people who posts negative opinions destroy a thread? The lack of fanboy fapage in this thread is a good thing. Enjoy it. Too many threads on asuki are filled with fanboy fapage. Dissenting opinions are trashed upon so people rarely care to give them.

Quote:
Again your opinion. Personally, I thought the original was crap (along with most of what appeared on the Cartoon Network).
I am noticing a trend:
Hated original = likes new (the minority of people watching this show, why would you watch a alternate universe sequal when you hated the original)
Likes original = hates new (the majority of people watching this show, noticing the lack of all the elements that made the original)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 01:07   Link #138
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Quote:
What everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion. On the other hand, you have no right to force your thoughts on anyone. We aren't the Borg Collective or anything.
If I think that the sky is blue or lemons are sour, that is more than a personal opinion. Contrary to "what everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion," I believe in such a thing as objective reality. I like to believe that some things are true regardless of anyone's opinion.

Now, regarding PPZ as a parody: I feel that I do have a good sense of satire. When something is intended to satirize or parody another product, I can usually recognize it. I didn't sense that at all in PPZ. It seemed to me that this was being presented as a program complete in itself. It's purpose was not to make fun of the source material.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 01:57   Link #139
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
One person cannot tell another what to watch, some people enjoy watching things they themselves feel are 'bad', debate by it's very definition has to allow both positive and negative commentary, provided it is non-fallacious. Even reasonable people like to try new things, if you don't risk watching a show b'cos you might later on decide it is bad; with this attitude you will probably miss a lot of good shows.
True, but there is a diffrence between constructive criticism and babbling the same flame over, and over, and over by the same poster, like a broken record.
That statement isn't necessary aimed at you in particular, but reading through this thread, I'm sure you're aware of which posts I'm referring to.

As for whether this series is a parody or not, It's clear that it is not.
It's a complete package as a franchise on its own, and was not even intended for the same audience.
It's intended as the early morning children's show, as opposed to the witty, dark-humored original PPG.
And by children, I mean age group 3-10.
Shame on you guys to be watching a kid's show and getting all pumped up!

Last edited by aohige; 2006-07-12 at 04:13.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 03:17   Link #140
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. The original post that I responded to was filled with excuses and doubt about how to even justify having the other opinion. This indicates that other poster isn't sure they have a reason to hold the other opinion. It is FACT that this show is not a parody of the original PPG. You may see it that way like you might see KGNE as a comedy. It may be an opinion, but it is wrong.
Yes, this was my own opinion. Again the original post that I responded to was doubtful that this even was a comedy, I asked for proof.
I was referring to statements like this:
Quote:
You are just digging for reasons to like it because you know its crap.

Quote:
Horrid? Immature? Where are you getting this from? This is nothing.
Spoiler for Off topic Comment:
See my statement above.

Quote:
The majority opinion in this thread is that this series is crap.
Good. Keep it that way.

Quote:
How is this immature. There is no name calling or anything. Are you saying that people who posts negative opinions destroy a thread?
Again I was referring to the statement I pointed out, which in my book is a way of insulting someone's intelligence.

Quote:
The lack of fanboy fapage in this thread is a good thing. Enjoy it.
I really hope that's how it stays.

Quote:
I am noticing a trend:
Hated original = likes new (the minority of people watching this show, why would you watch a alternate universe sequal when you hated the original)
Because I don't regard it as a "alternate universe sequel". I see it as a fresh start from scratch. Or, to put it another way, I see it as Fan Fiction (I'm an avid reader of fanfics, and I've see a lot of cases where a fanfic based on a crap anime resulted in a great piece of work worth reading).

Quote:
Likes original = hates new (the majority of people watching this show, noticing the lack of all the elements that made the original)
Well it's up to you if you want to use the old series as the standard that other shows must conform to. But I'd rather not. To quote Pretty Sammy:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If I think that the sky is blue or lemons are sour, that is more than a personal opinion. Contrary to "what everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion," I believe in such a thing as objective reality. I like to believe that some things are true regardless of anyone's opinion.
See my statement above I pointed out. It's one thing to say "the sky is blue". It's another to say "the weather is crap because it so hot", because some folks like the sun. Or to go to a more extreme case, I once visited Daley City San Francisco on a December, and while standing outside a restaurant after dinner struggled to keep my head up while in an overcoat, whereas a few local girls in tanktops simply walked on by like it was summertime. I did well to keep my mouth shut than yell to them "How the hell can you stand the cold!? It's FREEZING here!"