AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 15:53   Link #801
Sumeragi
Banned

1. Not a really problem because that is how the Fool dresses like.
2. Lolis? That's not really fan service.
3. She's just too large for her own good, that's all.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 16:18   Link #802
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

1) I workout a lot and most females I see in the gym workout in clothing that can be describe as bras, plus my girlfriend walks around the house with her bra fully expose all the time.
2) Loli isn't really fan service, it is just most anime fans have a weakness for them.
3) Yeah, I have to agree with Sumeragi, though the funny thing is Katsuie doesn't have the biggest pair in the series.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 16:36   Link #803
Sumeragi
Banned

Niwa-chan needs some love:

Images
Resident Tactician
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Serafuku Nagahide
Images
Perhaps You Want to be Treated
Images
Or Served by a Nekomimi Maid
Images
Or Cuddle a Bunny Niwa
Images
Of Course, the Logical End is in Bed.....

We can't ignore Katsuie-chan either:

Images
I'm a Girl at Heart~
Images
Bu, But, I'm Sensitive Here!

There is always Juubei-chan:

Images
Where are You Looking at?
Images
Oh, it's You
Images
So You've Come to Admire Me?

And finally, Nobuna!

Images
Eh?
Images
Fiery, isn't it?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 19:04   Link #804
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Niwa-chan in the bunny attire...man the ass got a problem...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 19:09   Link #805
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

All of those are fan art, you can't expect a lot though it is appreciated that someone had the time to draw them.
Old 2012-08-14, 20:15   Link #806
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

There is always Juubei-chan:

Images
So You've Come to Admire Me?

In this one Akechi-chan looks really cute. ^_^
Old 2012-08-15, 08:58   Link #807
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Can't wait to see Date Masamune in the next episode. I hope she's hammy and speaks ENGLISH like her Sengoku Basara counterpart.
Old 2012-08-15, 10:30   Link #808
Irisu
フフリ

So... Chainmail can stop musket balls?
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:38   Link #809
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
After the anime started, Saru gets zero love in terms of fan arts (of course, by easy understanding, why would you want to admire the MC of any given series when you like the girls more instead, but I do not share this sentiment... and will continue not to). To date nothing tops this yet in my books, at least... and I find the artist's rendition much cooler (read: GAR):

Images
One does not simply injure his loli (retainer)s

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2012-08-15 at 10:39. Reason: I forgot two of them are about characters who are not yet in the anime, sorry
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:41   Link #810
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeirin View Post
So... Chainmail can stop musket balls?
Depends what it's made of, and judging by Katsuie's armor, they have some fairly exotic materials to work with.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:50   Link #811
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Depends what it's made of, and judging by Katsuie's armor, they have some fairly exotic materials to work with.
Considering she has been a front-line fighter from the start we saw her and has been mowing through rows of enemies with little to no sweat at all... and judging by her being first to reach Imagawa in the last arc, I'd say her armor might be able to deflect bullets simply by bouncing them off.

Old 2012-08-15, 12:21   Link #812
Irisu
フフリ

We already have Advanced Super Elastic Variable Iron Breastplate, so I guess chain mail made of otherworldly superalloy is nothing new.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:29   Link #813
Xaturas

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/2spb/

Probably made from that.
Old 2012-08-15, 13:33   Link #814
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/2spb/

Probably made from that.
......... I shouldn't have ever clicked that link. I got a question, how many people felt that Hanbei was cute giving orders out in episode 6?
Old 2012-08-15, 13:47   Link #815
styr

I like this show quite a bit, although some of the.. ahem.. math is a bit weird.

Although some liberties had to be taken of course due to it being an anime adaption, the largest 'wtf' moment for me was during ep2 when Monkey buys and transports 30,000 koku in a single day.

That sounds like a fairly respectable number, nothing too incredible, until you do some math. Each koku of rice weighs approximately 0.15 tons each, or 300 pounds.

To put it in simpler terms, 1000 koku weighed 150 tons. So when Monkey managed to buy and bring in 30,000 koku, that was 4500 tons of rice. In terms of Imperial measurement, that is about 900,000 pounds. I'm not sure how much those Japanese carts could hold, but it must have been a very long line of carts..

Not that I'm judging this anime based on mathematical craziness or what have you (elastic metal armor), but that must have been an enormous amount of rice to ship in. Would that much koku even be possible to bring in during a single day?

The only other concern I have is how quickly the series is escalating in time (in series it appears very little time passes between episodes, instead of months/years) and the fact that even though Monkey has already changed multiple events, things have for the most part remained the same.

Hopefully we see this actually matter later on when his knowledge from the future is no longer useful. It's a shame he didn't "pull an Ash" from Evil Dead 3/Army of Darkness and bring some textbooks from the future for some good ol' modern technology. I know they are using arquebus/primitive muskets during the timeframe of this show, but you'd think Monkey would know more about modern military fortifications/weaponry to enhance Nobuna's forces. Though he did use prefab stuff last episode, the fact it only took one night to construct a small castle required a... minor suspension of disbelief.

Of course Nobuna/ga did utilize Volley fire, like the Dutch, to make even the primitive firearm far more effective than normal. Pike and shot would probably have been even better in open battle in Japan, but alas the Japanese rarely if ever had contact from the Spanish, the main users of pike & shot aka Spanish Square. As a result most of the tactics used by Nobuna/ga were based on Portuguese tactics, although Nobuna did revolutionize arquebus/musket warfare with volley fire.

Finally, the main weakness to these early firearms is humidity and moisture. They are also extremely loud, capable of causing hearing loss over time and preventing orders shouted from the commander/general from being heard. The smoke caused after multiple salvos were fired however was a double edged sword; without proper wind flow the smoke from the archaic gunpowder would obscure the enemy, which also helped cover them from enemy archers.

All things considered though, this is one of my favorite shows this season. Does anyone know if this is going to be a 1 cour adaption or longer?
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:55   Link #816
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Can't wait to see Date Masamune in the next episode. I hope she's hammy and speaks ENGLISH like her Sengoku Basara counterpart.
Yeah, Masamune looks awesome.
Old 2012-08-15, 18:54   Link #817
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That would be all sorts of awesome
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 22:41   Link #818
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Usually music and soundtrack (save for the OP and ED) don't get much discussion, but I took a second thought on the music used while Nobuna saw Saru was still alive on the last episode (6th isn't it?) and realized the composition style seems familiar. A quick look at the staff list shows Yasuharu Takanashi as the composer for the OST. I am quite fond of his work for the Shin Hokuto no Ken OVAs, but that's for another story.

That said piece of music really caught my attention, and I suppose I would love to look forward to the OST of this series.

... This series is really in good hands, aren't they?

Old 2012-08-15, 22:57   Link #819
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Usually music and soundtrack (save for the OP and ED) don't get much discussion, but I took a second thought on the music used while Nobuna saw Saru was still alive on the last episode (6th isn't it?) and realized the composition style seems familiar. A quick look at the staff list shows Yasuharu Takanashi as the composer for the OST. I am quite fond of his work for the Shin Hokuto no Ken OVAs, but that's for another story.

That said piece of music really caught my attention, and I suppose I would love to look forward to the OST of this series.

... This series is really in good hands, aren't they?
Madhouse is indeed a good anime studio. And they're doing great with Oda Nobuna.
Old 2012-08-15, 23:23   Link #820
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I got a question, how many people felt that Hanbei was cute giving orders out in episode 6?
*raises hand* As I've mentioned in the past, Hanbei seemingly exists to be utterly adorable, regardless of what she does.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen