AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 01:30   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 589 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-06-20 at 00:05.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 04:34   Link #2
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It was a decent chapter. Sasuke still isn't making any sense to me.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:42   Link #3
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

* no chapter next week.
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 04:49   Link #4
HasuMasu
*Artist

Susano'o more epic than I thought it would be, way to go.

Then again, that's the extent of its appearance.
Old 2012-06-06, 05:15   Link #5
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Susano'o more epic than I thought it would be, way to go.

Then again, that's the extent of its appearance.
i would have been impressed if it didn't remind me so much of usopp!

oh sasuke, sasuke... well, kishi needed to do that, otherwise what is naruto good for? how could he save sasuke if sasuke has already been saved? after all, itachi is only sasuke's beloved brother who nurtured his hatred and drove him to the point of destruction, and perhaps the only person alive/dead who could set him on the right path. he's not important at all! but naruto is. he's the only one who could save sasuke as far as kishi is concerned.

but seriously, i could only hope that kishi would be able to justify this when the time comes. otherwise, having edo-tensei itachi meet sasuke would be a complete waste!
Old 2012-06-06, 05:28   Link #6
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

sad to see edo tensei gone just like that,i wanna watch madara crush the 5 kages still they die.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:34   Link #7
Meltyred

Itachi's last trolling.
Leaving a great mark on the Earth.
RIP Itachi.
And Madara, lol so sad, trolled by your own kin.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 08:21   Link #8
Battler-kun

Itachi saves the day...without ever getting any recognition for it.

A real Ninja, the Dark Knight
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 08:42   Link #9
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Big-ass Susano'o actually looked cool, had a samurai feel to it rather than a ninja. And Madara said it's power rivaled the Bijuu...does he mean it rivals a bijuu or all of them together? Cause we've seen that Kurama at full power is pretty overwhelming by itself.
Anyone else notice Madara NOT being shown to glow at the end?

Hunter was right when it said my uuuuggghhhh regarding SasukexItachi wasn't over...Oh God I can feel my ulcer bursting again...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:08   Link #10
ChronoReverse

Huh, Sasuke learnt Edo Tensei.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:12   Link #11
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Huh, Sasuke learnt Edo Tensei.
He learned how to stop it. This is probably a foreshadowing when Sasuke will use this to help Naruto in the end.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:17   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hunter was right when it said my uuuuggghhhh regarding SasukexItachi wasn't over...Oh God I can feel my ulcer bursting again...
And it gets better, after yet another melodramatic forehead poke you will eventually have to enjoy whatever Oni-saaaaaan flashbacks the author throws at us when the poke real significance comes into play!
... That said, did you really just refer to me as an it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
He learned how to stop it. This is probably a foreshadowing when Sasuke will use this to help Naruto in the end.
Interestingly enough those hand-seals are different from the ones Kabuto told Tobi about.

Last edited by Hunter; 2012-06-06 at 16:29.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:23   Link #13
yogotah

I liked the chapter. I think it was better for the story line for Itachi not to try to change Sasuke. I'm inclined to believe that if he had tried, then Sasuke would have changed..considering the influence that Itachi has on him...but since he didnt' even try, then bleh it's all right with me.

I'm kinda of sad that Mardara is leaving so soon, I always knew he was boss..but not to this extend..I've never seen this kind of destructive force in Naruto...that was usually saved for Bleach..I wanted to see more of Mardara..and speaking of which...he always brings up Harishima, which really intrigues me

I thought Harishima was a weak hokage (based on the third hokage orichimaru fight)..but based on Madara that guy was legend which is weird because in the beginning of the series I could have sworn that everybody praised the Fourth as the best and strongest Hokage ...weird. But in any case, I want to see the First fight even if only once..He seems to be amazing if the Mardara is praising him so much

Sasuke is back on track to destroy the leaf, and lets' see what Naruto can do to stop it...
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:32   Link #14
Mists

A few major things...

1. I can't believe Edo was done and Kabuto underestimated 2 Uchihas (had no summons near him!)
2. Was he that obsessed and getting rid of the Hokage?
3. So the Bijuu's were Edo's after all?
4. What the heck was Tobi thinking when starting the war!?!? He had Zetsu, Sas, and Kisame, but Kabuto is the one that got the wood-element guy (forgot his name at the moment) to produce many Zetsu, he's the one that got all the power Edo's AND the Bijuu's Edo?
5. This makes Tobi look extremely stupid/foolish and weak because he was going to start a war with himself and Sasuke
6. Anyone think Itachi is going to hit Sasuke in the forehead again?
7. Think the Tsukyuomi had any content in it?
8. I bet Sas acknowledges his Bro in the end when he dies saying...'the hatred in the Uchiha is now sealed...the mission you carried out to do brother is now done.'
9. Is the war over now !? All vs Tobi and Sas!?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:35   Link #15
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
And it gets better, after yet another melodramatic forehead poke you will eventually have to enjoy whatever Nee-saaaaaan flashbacks the author throws at us when the poke real significance comes into play!

Interestingly enough those hand-seals are different from the ones Kabuto told Tobi about.

That is interesting...maybe Kabuto was bluffing to Tobi...I mean I doubt Kabuto under the influence of Itachi is lying about the release...I'm still surprised he was caught so easily. And where is Anko? Does it make sense for Sas to kill Kabuto or will Sas become his boss to destroy Konoha.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:51   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
And it gets better, after yet another melodramatic forehead poke you will eventually have to enjoy whatever Nee-saaaaaan flashbacks the author throws at us when the poke real significance comes into play!
Oh God...why do you torture me so?
Quote:
I was going to make some witty excuse on how you are a God like being thus a gender cannot be applied towards such superiority just to cover up my blunder...but I fear that would only serve to make me look worst *exit stage right*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I don't think this story is consistent with it's hand seals.
Spoiler for jutsu:
*returns* Also, handseal requirements varies on level of skill of the user and how focused your chakra is, the fewer the handseals probably the weaker the jutsu is since the user didn't have time to focus on the chakra. If I'm not mistake even Kagebunshin has multiple seals, however Naruto has managed to reduce it to one.
I may be wrong though.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 10:58   Link #17
2Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
A few major things...

5. This makes Tobi look extremely stupid/foolish and weak because he was going to start a war with himself and Sasuke
I think you're forgetting that Tobi has Rinnegan, wich ables him to bring the dead to life just like Pain. I don't think we've seen the last Madara yet.
2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:14   Link #18
james0246

So "Perfect" Susano'o is just a Tengu without any of the pretense. Sure, why not.

That being said, Madara wasn't shown being beamed back up to the mothership, so I still have hope that Itachi failed at ending Madara's pseudo-ressurection.

Quote:
Hey, I'm the only one that can be refereed to as "it" in this sub-forum...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:21   Link #19
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
...But that makes me wonder:
Spoiler for Naruto fight:
Senzu beans. Oh wait, wrong manga. Bah, who cares? Senzu beans is my final answer.

Also, the thing Itachi wants to do before disappearing is the "Shounen hug". Calling it now.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:32   Link #20
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Can anyone shed some light on this bird/hawk/tengu theme that seems to surround the uchiha (particularly when it comes to susanoo)? I mean those who understand the mythology behind the series does it have any relevance other than design?

In addition it sounds like Madara compared his susanoo to the bijou as if they were conjured/summoned to rival the bijuu. Perhaps I'm imagining it all but it sounded like direct comparison were made (ie, susanoo sword slash destruction, and the kyuubi tail swipe destruction cause same level of damage. Plus Madara seemed to be situated in the forehead of susanoo much like naruto is with kuruma. Perhaps foreshadowing to naruto vs sasuke???

Anywho, I really want to see shodai fight full power...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion