AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 22:17   Link #881
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

In the spirit of Christmas I rewatched three of my favourites.

A Christmas Story: Man, nothing beats this timeless classic. It can be watched anytime really, but during the holidays is where it counts. It's hilarious and it summarizes everything about a child and how he and his family deal with Christmas.

Jingle All The Way: Bahahaha, this movie's amazing...in a different way. Arnold Schwarzenegger in a ridiculous and over-the-top comedy? Yes! He spouts some of the most ridiculous lines and Phil Hartman's sleazy facial reactions and dialect is just so perfect. The cheesiness is so over-the-top (especially with Sinbad running around) that it's hard not to enjoy it in its own way.

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Wow, this one's special. Tim Burton's mixture of scary and twisted scenery mixed in with the ideas of Christmas is such a fresh idea. The movie also has a strong musical feel to it, as many fantastic pieces are performed throughout the story. Everything is done using puppetry and stop-motion filming techniques, and it's insanely impressive how well everything moves.
Old 2011-12-24, 23:00   Link #882
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The Untouchables This movie is just so awesome there nothing like a good time piece movie
Old 2011-12-24, 23:13   Link #883
Xagzan

Watching Home Alone 2 right now.

Sadly haven't watched many Christmas movies this year, including my annual watch of Miracle on 34th Street
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 01:42   Link #884
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 09:03   Link #885
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I had about 8 boxes full of cloth piled up that needed to be ironed, so I watched some movies to keep me occupied while doing that.
- "Your Highness" was just bad, very bad
- A Star Trek movie from 2009 that apparently was simply named "Star Trek" to confuse everyone, was also really confusing thanks to random timetravel and alternative timelines thrown in for no obvious reason. Was ok though.
- "Attack the Block" was a good movie, with a weak ending.
- "True Grit" was a good movie, but I had a hard time understanding those wild west people talking cowboy style. Missed like 25% of the dialogue.

Yes, it took me all day to get it done. I'm not a good housewaifu, you see.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 04:35   Link #886
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
How was it, compared to the original?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 04:49   Link #887
Monsterwub

Thumbs up

i hve watched imortals and The Adventures of Tintin, but i want to se escape from planet earth and the devil inside ; 3
Old 2011-12-26, 05:05   Link #888
Samari
World's Greatest

I saw Mission Impossible 4 today. It was alright, but I felt like I was seeing a repeat of Mission Impossible 3. It just didn't break new ground. On the other hand I should maybe cut it some slack as it could have been far worse like a lot of third sequels are.

I also saw The Hangover Part II finally. I enjoyed the first one and this one is pretty predictable during the majority of the film, but it's still interesting and funny to see these guys go through the experience and make it seem like they really did screw up again and they are in yet another awful situation.

I wanted to see more of Bradley Cooper and I heard about another movie he was in called Limitless, so I checked it out. It was a really cool concept and it seemed a little more original than a lot of the other things that are being put out now and days. I'm sure there are some motifs in the movie that have been told in other stories over and over again. There always are. Still, I felt like I was seeing something different than what I usually watch. A pretty cool film.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 09:51   Link #889
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just watched In time, it has a very clever setting and builds up nicely, but I think the ending could have been a bit better, and the main character should have more of a story, but it was still good.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:01   Link #890
kaitok
Inspired Musician

a chinese movie!

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 《龙门飞甲》. I'll say, if anyone watches it, watch it in 3D. i freaking regret not watching it in 3D. I watched for Li Yuchun btw. She's so cute in the show x)
Old 2011-12-26, 13:03   Link #891
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Just watched The Girl with Dragon Tattoo. I was not disappointed. The movie is very faithful to the novel. The movie transitions from scene to scene smoothly and advances the story at a fast pace without feeling rushed. Choosing Rooney Mara as Lisbeth is brave and justified. She makes the Lisbeth in novel coming to life on screen.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 02:08   Link #892
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Just re-watched Shaun of the Dead. Great Z movie.

Endless "You've got some red on you" Soul
Old 2012-01-01, 18:32   Link #893
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I recently watched Warrior (2011 film). It tackles all the usual cliches of its genre with raw emotion and direction. It's extremely hard to outright dislike any of the characters because you seriously get the feeling you've seen them in your own life in some way, shape or form. And the story behind the final fight makes it very difficult to watch, although it doesn't make sense in hindsight considering the information revealed on one of them beforehand. Aside from that though this movie is damn near flawless, and by far has usurped the position for my favorite film since, well, ever.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 15:50   Link #894
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So I watched Hugo in 3D a few days back. THIS is how you do 3D live-action movies. Anyone who loves movies as an art form should watch this as well.
Old 2012-01-04, 15:56   Link #895
Xagzan

Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door

Just gotta knock a little harder
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 20:57   Link #896
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Recently watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It’s fun and very entertaining although there’s a scene that should’ve been cut and a scene that should’ve been inserted into the actual movie. The scene that should’ve been cut is the chase within/during the sandstorm since it’s really hinder the pace of the movie. The scene could still be there but shouldn’t be that long. On the other hand, I noticed that they omitted the scene of US president’s reaction toward the bombing of Kremlin (or whatever he does in that scene) which exist in the trailer. The should’ve give more time for that important scene instead of the sandstorm chase.

One question I have for this movie is: does U.S. government can easily forgive a country (Russia in this movie) who killed their minister? I’m not talking about a top-secret minister like 'Minister of Magic' in Harry Potter movies here, but an official minister known by public. This matter was never resolved in the movie or apparently resolved off-screen. Granted, it’s not the central problem (or mission, in this case) of the movie, but It’s an element that can’t be ignored.
Old 2012-01-04, 20:59   Link #897
Lockhart

Hugo

I read the book hated the movie. The movie had that happy feeling while the book gave the gloomy feeling and I just hated it. More over it was boring the whole entire time heck I was about to sleep during the movie. I regret watching this movie from the very beginning. I like the book better to begin with.
Old 2012-01-08, 00:37   Link #898
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
I recently watched Warrior (2011 film). It tackles all the usual cliches of its genre with raw emotion and direction. It's extremely hard to outright dislike any of the characters because you seriously get the feeling you've seen them in your own life in some way, shape or form. And the story behind the final fight makes it very difficult to watch, although it doesn't make sense in hindsight considering the information revealed on one of them beforehand. Aside from that though this movie is damn near flawless, and by far has usurped the position for my favorite film since, well, ever.
This comment and many others convinced me to watch it, even if I never really do sports movies. And truly, it was awesome, for the reasons mentioned above! The cast was great, Hardy in particular was spectacular I'm glad I watched it, it spiced up an otherwise boring plane flight

Also saw Jane Eyre on this same flight, I liked it but that was about it. Lead girl (forgot her name) was good and so was Fassbender.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:57   Link #899
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.

I liked it. It was a little more action-y then the first and the big reveal at the end isn't quite as tangible as in the first movie, but that's probably because of the sheer scale of it, which on reflection is impressive. However it was quite entertaining, Moriarty was a great villain although I found his design to be a little off of what I had pictured it to be. The dynamic between Holmes and Watson was fun too, it seemed to swing back and forth between the two with both characters getting some awesome moments to shine. It's hard to say much else without spoiling bits really so I'll just finish with, Mycroft is hilarious, I expected more Irene, the gypsy girl is fairly handy, some things are predictable but the execution is fun and the climax should be familiar to fans of the books if I'm not mistaken. Overall a movie worth seeing.

Looking forward to seeing Tin Tin myself.

Oh yeah, Avengers preview before Holmes was awesome, and the GI Joe one was good too. The Chronicle movie seemed like it might be OK, bunch of kids with telekinetic powers get a little power crazy.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:09   Link #900
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Re-watched Heat last night. I haven't seen it in many years and it was just as awesome as I remembered. Stellar cast, compelling story, and that downtown shootout is still jaw-dropping. It really needs to be heard on a good sound system, and loud.

Endless "Slick" Soul

Tags
live-action, movie, movies