AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-18, 18:58   Link #121
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Did Ginga keep her drill hand after she was rescued?
Old 2012-01-18, 20:06   Link #122
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Did Ginga keep her drill hand after she was rescued?
Sound Stages tell us that Jail's reconstruction of her arm was re-reconstructed.

I'd presume the drill is gone.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:30   Link #123
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
That wasn't her IS?

Does she even have one?
Old 2012-01-19, 01:05   Link #124
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
That wasn't her IS?

Does she even have one?
There is no clear answer, so talking about it is better left to other threads for speculation.
Old 2012-01-19, 01:54   Link #125
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
That wasn't her IS?
I always thought her IS is Wing Road, because Nove casts its analogue as her IS, and Shari mentions in StrikerS manga that WR is Subaru's "Inherent Magic".
Old 2012-01-19, 02:00   Link #126
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yet Subaru's actual IS is Vibration Shatter. Given Nove's similar Break Liner IS abilities, like the explosive kicks and energy attacks + the Air Liner skill, and the inherent link between the three of them being clones of the same woman, Ginga very likely has an IS that matches or is extremely similar to Vibration Shatter.

So I figure the drill hand wasn't an Inherent Skill. Inherent Equipment Jail made for her, perhaps, seeing how they RIPPED HER ARM OFF when they ganged up on her, but certainly not the actual Inherent Skill.

Thus I wanted to know whether she retained said drill hand function upon her rescue at the end of the JS Incident.
Old 2012-01-19, 02:13   Link #127
Sunder the Gold

Wing Road is an Inherent Magic, according to Shari (according to the Wiki), which is perhaps a purely biological version of an Inherent Skill, but not the same thing.

Which means that it didn't need to be Nove's IS, since as Quint or Nove's clone, her biological side alone would have provided the spell. And Subaru in Combat Mode is capable of using the spell in total AMF conditions.

Once again, Nove is revealed to be a depressingly cheap knockoff. The writers didn't give her enough development love.

"Inherent Magic" might also cover Vivio's Sankt Kaiser Mode, the Adult Mode that she and Einheart were able to master without being taught, and the Kaiser Arts. Instinctual, genetically-encoded knowledge.

Subaru's only IS is Oscillating Breaker / Vibration Shatter. If she and her sister are two units of the same model, then Ginga has the same thing, but Jail didn't order her to use it against her own sister, just as Subaru didn't use it against Ginga.
Old 2012-01-19, 11:32   Link #128
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Actually, Nove's I.S. isn't actually Airliner, her version of Wing Road.

It's Break Liner.

And Break Liner, for Nove, allows her to use any equipment she has to its maximum potential ability.

Yeah, that's right, any equipment Nove has, she can use to its fullest capacity.

Too bad that Jail didn't give her a really dangerous weapon.
Really? Well now, that's just begging her to get a scene in which she has to borrow both revolver knuckles.

Old 2012-01-19, 12:26   Link #129
Sunder the Gold

Why did this turn into a discussion in the Q and A thread? I know I'm not a moderator, but didn't my request to take this to another thread make good sense?

Also, "fullest capacity" doesn't mean anything unless explained or demonstrated. There's no baseline for comparison between "using Break Liner" and "not using Break Liner".

Plus, in a straight contest of power and ability, Subaru absolutely wrecked her without using Oscillating Breaker. Hell, Subaru wrecked her in a clash of kicks, and Nove is supposed to be the superior kicker, what with having her Revolver Gears and JETS on her legs.

For all we know, Break Liner is just the set of components she needs to feed energy to her Equipment, so that the pieces of junk work at all.
Old 2012-01-19, 12:37   Link #130
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Sunder, you're the one who turned it into a discussion just now.

just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you should flat out dismiss them like that.
I am participating, but I didn't start anything. Mine was the first reply to the question, and I specifically asked for someone to take it to a different thread.

Also, I don't dislike Nove. I'm upset that she got shafted, and I want better for her. That doesn't mean turning a blind eye to the facts, especially since the facts need to be acknowledge and changed appropriately to give her a better presence in reconstructive fanfiction.
Old 2012-01-19, 13:31   Link #131
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I am participating, but I didn't start anything. Mine was the first reply to the question, and I specifically asked for someone to take it to a different thread.
Then do so and don't continue the discussion in the Q&A thread. It looks rather hypocritical to admonish people for debating in a Q&A thread in one line, then continue the debate in the next.

Anyway, to answer what we know: Wing Road is both cast with a magic circle and affected by AMF, so it's not an IS.

What exactly Inherent Magic is, we do not know.
Old 2012-01-19, 13:36   Link #132
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Anyway, to answer what we know: Wing Road is both cast with a magic circle and affected by AMF, so it's not an IS.

What exactly Inherent Magic is, we do not know.
Except we've seen Subaru's Wing Road work in full AMF enviroments xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-19, 13:46   Link #133
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Then do so and don't continue the discussion in the Q&A thread. It looks rather hypocritical to admonish people for debating in a Q&A thread in one line, then continue the debate in the next.
It is a bit hypocritical, but I'm expecting a moderator to pick the whole thing up and drop it into an appropriate thread pretty soon. At this point, one or two posts of my own in that sequence won't matter.

And Akiyoshi already pointed out what I had already earlier pointed out: Subaru can in fact make Wing Road work unaffected by AMF when in Combat Mode. It's what she did to storm the Cradle.

Whether or not this should have even been possible is a different story.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:02   Link #134
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Subaru never used Wing Road INSIDE the cradle.
It connected inside the craddle without any problems to make the bridge for enter and exit. When first faced with an AMF barrier(before Subaru mastered/discovered Cyborg mode) and on of the ends was dispelled the whole thing started to wobble which never ocurred while connecting the full AMF protected craddle.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-19, 14:07   Link #135
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The later wing road was still cast with a magic circle though, which means it's still a magic spell. And it's not just her way of using it either since her confirmed IS, vibration shatter, activates with an IS circle. We also know from when Nanoha and Vita entered the Cradle that the AMF effects only start inside the cradle, not on it's edge.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:11   Link #136
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
seeing how they RIPPED HER ARM OFF when they ganged up on her
Wait, they did?
Old 2012-01-19, 14:23   Link #137
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
The later wing road was still cast with a magic circle though, which means it's still a magic spell. And it's not just her way of using it either since her confirmed IS, vibration shatter, activates with an IS circle. We also know from when Nanoha and Vita entered the Cradle that the AMF effects only start inside the cradle, not on it's edge.
And the effects didn't where on full scale at the moment, they only entered full scalle once Vita destroyed the main engine.

This leads me to another good question... When Subaru goes to rescue Nanoha and Hayate from the Craddle and blow a hole in the Kaiser's room she entered a point where she's about two or three floors above Nanoha, Hayate, Rein, Vivio and an uncouncsious Quattro ...and neither of them can fly at the time xDU. If Subaru's wing road is suppossedly inoperable inside the craddle at the moment how on earth she got to take them out of that room in such a short time?

The world may never know xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-19, 21:31   Link #138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
And the effects didn't where on full scale at the moment, they only entered full scalle once Vita destroyed the main engine.

This leads me to another good question... When Subaru goes to rescue Nanoha and Hayate from the Craddle and blow a hole in the Kaiser's room she entered a point where she's about two or three floors above Nanoha, Hayate, Rein, Vivio and an uncouncsious Quattro ...and neither of them can fly at the time xDU. If Subaru's wing road is suppossedly inoperable inside the craddle at the moment how on earth she got to take them out of that room in such a short time?

The world may never know xDU
She's a cyborg, so she can probably jump pretty damn high if she needs to. And she could probably do the Kazuma thing and use her fists to launch her up into the air. As for getting other people up there, she could easily have thrown them--we know in the manga she can throw a person pretty damn high (much to Teana's frustration).
Old 2012-01-20, 01:15   Link #139
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
She's a cyborg, so she can probably jump pretty damn high if she needs to. And she could probably do the Kazuma thing and use her fists to launch her up into the air. As for getting other people up there, she could easily have thrown them--we know in the manga she can throw a person pretty damn high (much to Teana's frustration).
Fair enough, i still will reserve my own beliegfs about Wing Road, tough.

The mental image of Subaru throwing Nanoha, Hayate, an uncouncious cyborg and a toddler girl into the air make me laugh to tears xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-20, 01:22   Link #140
Sunder the Gold

Does anyone wonder about what Devices Klaus and Olivie would have been using?

It's a particular concern if Einhart wants to copy and improve upon Klaus' remembered skills, since she'd want to use a Device much like his own, in addition to a gender-bent copy of his barrier jacket.

Plus, it's not entirely unreasonable for those two (or more) Devices to have survived to the present day. Especially in Einhart's case, since she's descended from Klaus normally.

I'm not saying that I have anything against plushie Devices, or Hybrid-type Devices (Intelligents that Unison).

But for those who do, this is an opportunity to change things.

Olivie, for example, looks to be wearing combat gauntlets, which might be a Device. And I've never been quite sure why Einhart rejected something like Revolver Knuckle for being "too heavy", considering that gaunlets shouldn't be particularly heavier than staves or swords.
Closed Thread