AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 04:51   Link #41
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a great first episode. Lots of interesting development in just the first episode.My only problem is that both male characters were just a bit too stoic.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 05:14   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had no idea this series involved a ghost, so that really took me by surprise. The premise is pretty interesting to say the least. I'm curious to see how it will be handled. It seems a bit cruel to steal a (dead) man's wife right in front of his eyes.
Old 2012-07-06, 05:25   Link #43
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

As expected this is pretty great, love the dynamics between Hazuki and the ghost, pretty funny.

More to come I guess.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:11   Link #44
Kirarakim

Definitely the best first episode of the season. Very rare to have a declaration of love so quickly in anime. Also the opening is the best I've seen this season.

I am wondering if the husband died of Cancer based on how he looked in the opening hospital scene with the thing over his head. It made me think he was getting chemotherapy treatments.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:38   Link #45
butahill
Inactive Member

I loved the first episode ! Definitely gonna keep watching it.
butahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 08:54   Link #46
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It seems a bit cruel to steal a (dead) man's wife right in front of his eyes.
I'm not so sure he is the dead man. The way he's so protective of Rokka even though Rokka claims he told her to move on makes me think he might be a projection of her mind.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 08:59   Link #47
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'm not so sure he is the dead man. The way he's so protective of Rokka even though Rokka claims he told her to move on makes me think he might be a projection of her mind.
But the story (so far at least) gives no indication that she can see him. From what I got only Ryōsuke can actually see him.

I think Rokka meant her husband told her to move on before he died. He had a terminal illness which means he probably knew he was going to die beforehand.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:08   Link #48
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm, can't feel anything for the main couple, sorry.

I do like Mr. Ghost though. If he really is as unattached to anything as his wife says he was, then that raises the question of why is he still a ghost? Obvious answer is that he's there to help her move on, as evidenced by him already saying so while he was still alive. If it's true that he's only a ghost because his wife isn't over him yet, then I can't wait for the drama that comes from having HIS heart broken from seeing his wife slowly taken by another man.

And if it's not... well, let's see how he's going to fight against a living human being who can actually interact with his wife.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 09:21   Link #49
ookamigirl

Hazuki's crush on Rokka turned into unexpected part time job.
This is a pretty unusual story, but also kinda relaxed.
Shimao & Hazuki hang out session was interesting to watch.
Rokka's dead husband sure is a nuisance.
Sudden confession in the rain was kinda unexpected.
Will give this one a few more episodes, seems good for now.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 14:45   Link #50
Candyshark

So Miho falls for Hazuki and this becomes love-square. I mistook Rokka for a guy at first damn those designs.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:31   Link #51
Ray
Garnet

I thought the PVs were quite boring, but I really enjoyed the first episode. It'll be interesting to see what direction this'll go.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 00:50   Link #52
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

All I have to say after the first episode is this looks to have all the ingredients for a classic noitaminA success.

It's hard to believe what seemed like yesterday, thinking the noitaminA we knew for years was gone.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 05:52   Link #53
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

this show is a surprise. i liked the first episode. the husband is funneh
Old 2012-07-07, 07:27   Link #54
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I have a feeling this is gonna be the under appreciated series this season. This is probably the best Summer season series, but no one is going to watch it. Hell I wasn't gonna watch it but a great friend invited me over and forced me, which I had to thank her for. #malepride
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 16:07   Link #55
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was a great first episode. Lots of interesting development in just the first episode.My only problem is that both male characters were just a bit too stoic.
I think this pretty much sums up my feelings about the first episode as well. I know it has the makings for a good show, and feels very Honey & Clover-ish, which is very much a good thing.

It's just (perhaps to my dismay) that I'd watched this alongside the various other first eps of the season and couldn't get into the MC's like I did others. Obviously setting plays a big part in what characters can be found in them, but I still couldn't feel the love.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:39   Link #56
HandofFate

I always have trouble figuring how all these little flower shops on the side of the road are able to stay in business.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:43   Link #57
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked every second of the first ep.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:45   Link #58
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have to admit I can't yet join in the praise for this show I see here. Leaving aside the ghost premise, which typically isn't my cup of tea, I find Hazuki incredibly difficult to like. He's just too mopey and depressed. I don't believe he smiled once in the entire episode. Rokka seems like a reasonably upbeat person and not someone I'd imagine to be all that excited about having a relationship with Hazuki.

I'll watch a few more episodes because the voice acting is excellent, and I'm open to anything by Matsuo after watching Kurenai.

The best part of this series so far is that he confessed in the first episode. We don't have to watch Hazuki mope around for eleven episodes trying to build up the gumption to tell Rokka how he feels. (When he's sitting in his apartment at the beginning drinking beer and drowning in self-pity, I yelled at him to just ask her out already!) I presume Rokka isn't going to reject his entreaties out of hand early on else there wouldn't be much of a story. Of course, she could spend all the remaining episodes trying to decide how she feels about Hazuki. I rather hope they both agree to give it a try early enough so we can see them develop, or not, as a couple. I'm sure I'll be stuck with ghost-boy for the rest of the show.

I thought Miho was rather cute, but then I do have a meganekko fetish. We didn't hear what her marital status is, but I'm guessing she's also single. When she first announced she was Rokka's sister-in-law I was afraid it meant she was married to Rokka's brother.

I wonder if they ever get any customers in the florist shop itself. We hear about those deliveries, but I have yet to see anyone other than Miho walk in the door.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:41   Link #59
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I know nobody will care about this but I was freaking darn glad to hear a Ken Muramatsu OST , hadn't heard one in 3 years.

As for the episode itself it was a solid start,the NTR aspect don't bother me really,I would think theghost will have to come to terms with the fact he's dead and his wife has the right to move on.
That said I'm with SeijiSensei on our lead,why would Rokka want to be with someone like him?
Old 2012-07-09, 08:28   Link #60
ujiuji

Rokka needs to let go of her blandly cheerful exterior, acknowledge her pain and start living again. Hazuki needs to grow as a person. I'm pretty sure that's what's going to drive the show over its run. So I have no problems with how they are at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I always have trouble figuring how all these little flower shops on the side of the road are able to stay in business.
Where I live they derive much of their income from weddings, funerals, business functions and seasonal events like Mothering Sunday and Valentine's Day rather than people just dropping in for the odd bunch of flowers. I imagine a similar situation exists in Japan.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote