AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 11:43   Link #141
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler:

I'm here for the boobies.
More seriously, i really love the face of the enemy.
She look like ... a Morrigan. Oo
Old 2013-02-06, 19:13   Link #142
Diveman

I gotta say, I am VERY pleased with this new heroine, she reminds me of Love from Fresh PC. Mana looks very promising as a leader and I quite like that she's not a total ditz like Tsubomi (heartcatch) or Miyuki (Smile).

Also, OMG does that evil kid have Luffy's voice? that's so awesome, I can't wait for evil luffy.

And yes, Cure Sword is totally Cure moonlight + homura lol.

so my overall for the 1st episode 9/10. This new Pretty Cure series looks like it's gonna be really good, I hope they don't screw it up, I really have high hopes for this!

EDIT: also I like how Mana assimilated everything quite quickly. "giant grab monster? no problem! scold it!", "Transform into a magical girl? sure why not, let's go!"
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:42   Link #143
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I found it interesting that in the trailer she was like "Eh, How did I became a Precure??" But in the actual show, she was like "Whatever, I expected this". Hell, she's not suprise at anything. She's just "used to it". What kind of life did she has?
Old 2013-02-07, 02:03   Link #144
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
I found it interesting that in the trailer she was like "Eh, How did I became a Precure??" But in the actual show, she was like "Whatever, I expected this". Hell, she's not suprise at anything. She's just "used to it". What kind of life did she has?
either she watches too much Precure or she is a (creepy) hardcore fan who owns many of the past series's merchandises, mainly the (erotic version) dakimakura's
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 03:58   Link #145
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Everything seems good to me except for Mana .... she seems too perfect ...
Old 2013-02-08, 06:19   Link #146
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Precure All Stars Stage 2:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 07:34   Link #147
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Happy and Heart make a good team.
Old 2013-02-08, 09:15   Link #148
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Alright, next Cure series!

First ep was not bad. I like the return of the talking monsters of the week and the main char was nice.

Sword was... as many many people said before me, somehwhat a Moonlight + Coco/Nuts backgroundstory of coming to earth from a destroyed kindom (to keep it in precure terms mostly).

I don't really have an opinion for the bad guys only that I like thier colors.
Well I hope the Big Bad will again be more like a Dune/Noise type... the humanoid villians to have epic melee battles with are still the best.
Old 2013-02-09, 20:45   Link #149
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 02 - Bai Zweed Wad?:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 02:57   Link #150
xizro345
King's Justice

Spoiler for Episode 2 spoilers:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 03:04   Link #151
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2 spoilers:
if i not mistake it the first we see a cure leader fight in a place like that after her first time transforming.and what do you think about her short fight with the 2 villains in this episode?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 05:11   Link #152
xizro345
King's Justice

It's pretty standard fare. Nothing to write about.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:32   Link #153
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Also while in Smile! you had a minimum idea why the baddies were attacking before the full cast was assembled, here there's a little lack of eplanation.
Eh? They're looking for the princess of the Trump Kingdom and didn't even count on there being more Cures than one.
And unlike with Smile, Cures actually know what the villains are up to.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 08:38   Link #154
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Eh? They're looking for the princess of the Trump Kingdom and didn't even count on there being more Cures than one.
And unlike with Smile, Cures actually know what the villains are up to.
THe point is there's little reason for them to go on the full attack. In Smile! They simply wanted to bring the Bad End to Earth as well.
Old 2013-02-10, 22:20   Link #155
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Doki Doki! PreCure. My Comeback After the Hiatus

It's been two years after concluding HeartCatch that made my choice not to ever follow up another installment into the Pretty Cure franchise, but maybe it was the promo art for Doki Doki that encouraged me to ride the merry-go-round ride again.

Integrating two episodes in one:

The Earth is in a Big Pinch! The Last Remaining PreCure | Oh No! Cure Heart's Identity is Revealed!

In summary, Doki Doki starts with an abysmal note similar to HeartCatch, though Cure Sword stood her ground all the way to the end to defend her Kingdom.

It wasn't until the second episode that I was able to make about Mana's personality. If I look at her closely, she reminds me of Nozomi from YPC5, but her selfless characters greatly bears strong similarities with that of Taiki Kudou, the protagonist of Digimon Xros Wars.

Like Taiki, Mana simply can't leave people alone when they're in need of help or saving for no reason and without expecting reward; a strong trait that defined Taiki's character.
To be honest, I do not get from her being an overly bubbly girl with a big smile and wooden personality like Nozomi was or Fresh's Love was. I believe the reason is due to Cure Sword's pesonality which for now is a great contrast to Mana's personality and juxtaposes against it; much like Kiriha was sported as an ambitious, lonely wolf type against Taiki's selflessness before the former character warmed up.

Other things to take in consideration was that the fairies properly discuss in the open that Mana cannot reveal her identity as a PreCure in order not to get the people who know about it dragged into the fight.
This is a Golden Rule trope for all kinds of Western superheroes and Japanese superheroes and magical-girl heroines.

Just take, for example, what happened to Peter Parker's character (from the Tobey Maguire films) when Norman Osborn deduced all by himself from the hints that the boy was actually Spiderman all along in the first film.

Fortunately, it became for a first that thanks to Rikka's timely intervention she was able to save Cure Heart in order for the latter to save the day.

I really love the temporary concept that an ordinary human girl gets to be the sidekick to the magical-girl heroine lead for now; it kind of reminds me of the Scoobies helping the Slayer, Buffy Summers, against the vampires.

Last edited by Guido; 2014-02-03 at 15:16.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 23:25   Link #156
4Tran

This episode is better than the first one, but it still is sort of disappointing. I do hope that Doki Doki turns out better than Suite, but it doesn't seem to be by as much as I'd like.
Old 2013-02-10, 23:37   Link #157
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I was a bit worried with the first episode, but the second one was very enjoyable. Mana is definitely turning out to be a very enjoyable lead; bouncy and innocent, but still with good head on her shoulders (loved the basketball attack). Rikka was quite the understanding girl, and the fairies in Dokidoki seem to be less annoying than Candy (and infinitely better than Hami). And the monster of the week turned out to be rather creative and I loved it.

The Happy Prince analogy by Rikka was quite apt, but her use of it makes me wonder if the target age group of this season is a bit older than Smile's. "Don't sacrifice too much" and "let me be by your side as the sparrow" is less of a traditional interpretation of the story.
Old 2013-02-11, 00:41   Link #158
U<3Anime
Boo!

Action is solid and that's all I'm asking for from Precure. It hasn't been the same since Heart Catch.

Oh yea, the BGMs have been great too. The battle ones especially get's my blood pumping!
Old 2013-02-11, 08:30   Link #159
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I disliked Fresh, and the reason I have doubts about Doki Doki is the art style is similar to Fresh.. getting past that, I actually enjoyed the first episode.

Episode 1:
Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:11   Link #160
Jao
panchi~

Having just read The Happy Prince out of curiosity born from watching the second episode, I have no idea at all where they are going with the allegory but oh god there's so much they could do with it I hope they go somewhere and it isn't just 'Reference thrown in to introduce us to Rikka's character.'
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl