Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 20:04   Link #3661
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I doubt it. Medaka is right up Imaishi's ally, so it will probably resemble Gurren Lagann and PSG imo.

It's already confirmed. Twitter is where all official announcements take place first these days.
Unless Jump posts it in BIG BOLD LETTERS I'm not going to believe it. I mean come on GAINAX!?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 20:18   Link #3662
Suzuku
(`・⊝・ī)/\(`・⊝・ī)

They fit Medaka pretty well. Or at least Imaishi and his team does.
Old 2011-05-29, 20:20   Link #3663
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I dunno. Medaka Box is fairly tame compared to a lot of Gainax's work.

Also a lot less srs, IMO.
Old 2011-05-29, 20:33   Link #3664
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Unless Jump posts it in BIG BOLD LETTERS I'm not going to believe it. I mean come on GAINAX!?
They're not gonna post it until the next magazine, such an announcement for chapter 100 seems like it fits and if anything we'll know for sure in a couple of days.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 22:36   Link #3665
AQVXZ11

Can anyone PLEASE give a short synopsis of the latest un-translated chapters? This is like the fourth time I've asked...
AQVXZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 01:26   Link #3666
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQVXZ11 View Post
Can anyone PLEASE give a short synopsis of the latest un-translated chapters? This is like the fourth time I've asked...
Itīs not like I started to translate them (well beside Yabumiīs introduction... for obvious reasons), but well, you already got the gist:
Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 03:05   Link #3667
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Never heard of the Gainax bounce?
Old 2011-05-30, 03:37   Link #3668
winhlp32
(Ž‿Ž)

Very excited for this show...though it does take a while to get started past the tame school-life antics, but with GAINAX anything can happen.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 03:49   Link #3669
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Still, if they follow the Manga Storyline, we will have to wait for the 2nd Season to see Misogi in action. That makes me sad...
It would be hilarious if Gainax said "fuck it" and just pretty much skipped to Misogi ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
It doesn't matter who is filling in what, it was CONSISTENTLY in the bottom five for a reason. The need to change its genre is proof that it was in danger of being cancelled at one point, and it never entirely shook that association off.
Medaka Box ranked 5th, 7th, 6th & 8th for Issues 49-52 of 2010... just saying... Medaka's pic is always shown on the cover of those JUMP specials, it probably holds the record for fastest jump manga to get a VOMIC, it actually got its second anniversay color on time (which for a minor series is extremely rare), it's already having its second character poll, took a lot of other series a long time to do that... and its sales were on par with Beezlebub, Sket Dance and Kuroko (which should be next).

10, *69,734 *,*69,734 Beelzebub vol.5
11, *69,211 *,*69,211 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
12, *68,014 *,*68,014 Sket Dance vol.13
13, *63,570 *,*63,570 Medaka Box vol.4

Medaka Box was even outselling Beezlebub in the first week before that got an anime..... and we all know how much Jump pushed Beezlebub in comparison to Medaka Box...

Also if Shingami can survive for 8 volumes and is only capable of doing 31,000 for an opening week for the 8th volume... well it's very lackluster sales compared to Medaka Vol 2's opening week of 54,194 which not counting the low balled Vol 1 is the weakest sales in the series by far... PSYREN lasted 16 or so volumes doing 50,000 a week... just putting that out....

I don't know why people are so fixated on the TOC, if a manga is selling good it means jack shit. Did D.Gray Man do good on the TOC? Nope, but it has outsold every jump manga from the last decade aside from the big 3. 5th best if you want to count Hunter X Hunter. I don't think you people realize that Shuiesha makes its money from selling manga volumes. If they had to cut one manga between Shingami and Medaka Box who have been ranking similarly than the manga doing 30k 1st weeks will get cut while the one doing 100k first weeks will survive.

People talk up how great Enigma was doing on the TOC.. I think 3 volumes have been out and it hasn't even ranked once. Can't even sell 30k for the first week.. and already there is rumors of it being cut.. you want a name of another manga that ranked well on the TOC at first? Try Double Arts, what happened to that? Oh yeah *snip* And while I hope it doesn't happen the same fate could befall Magico as well...

While this isn't entirely true think of WSJ as the free to air airing, the TOC for anything outside of the big guns as tv ratings for late night anime shows... and the dvd/bd sales = manga volume sales. The most props I've ever got on Mangahelpers was when I ridiculed why people thought Mago was in danger of being canceled after being in the bottom 5 for 3 weeks (oh no!) Like Shuiesha are going to cancel a top 10 selling manga property from 2010 so they can insert another dud that can't break 30k. Mago like Medaka appeals to people outside the typical Jump audience anyway so they won't dominate rankings, Mago just had the really purple patch for a while...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:45   Link #3670
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It would be hilarious if Gainax said "fuck it" and just pretty much skipped to Misogi ASAP.

Medaka Box ranked 5th, 7th, 6th & 8th for Issues 49-52 of 2010... just saying... Medaka's pic is always shown on the cover of those JUMP specials, it probably holds the record for fastest jump manga to get a VOMIC, it actually got its second anniversay color on time (which for a minor series is extremely rare), it's already having its second character poll, took a lot of other series a long time to do that... and its sales were on par with Beezlebub, Sket Dance and Kuroko (which should be next).

10, *69,734 *,*69,734 Beelzebub vol.5
11, *69,211 *,*69,211 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
12, *68,014 *,*68,014 Sket Dance vol.13
13, *63,570 *,*63,570 Medaka Box vol.4

Medaka Box was even outselling Beezlebub in the first week before that got an anime..... and we all know how much Jump pushed Beezlebub in comparison to Medaka Box...

Also if Shingami can survive for 8 volumes and is only capable of doing 31,000 for an opening week for the 8th volume... well it's very lackluster sales compared to Medaka Vol 2's opening week of 54,194 which not counting the low balled Vol 1 is the weakest sales in the series by far... PSYREN lasted 16 or so volumes doing 50,000 a week... just putting that out....

I don't know why people are so fixated on the TOC, if a manga is selling good it means jack shit. Did D.Gray Man do good on the TOC? Nope, but it has outsold every jump manga from the last decade aside from the big 3. 5th best if you want to count Hunter X Hunter. I don't think you people realize that Shuiesha makes its money from selling manga volumes. If they had to cut one manga between Shingami and Medaka Box who have been ranking similarly than the manga doing 30k 1st weeks will get cut while the one doing 100k first weeks will survive.

People talk up how great Enigma was doing on the TOC.. I think 3 volumes have been out and it hasn't even ranked once. Can't even sell 30k for the first week.. and already there is rumors of it being cut.. you want a name of another manga that ranked well on the TOC at first? Try Double Arts, what happened to that? Oh yeah *snip* And while I hope it doesn't happen the same fate could befall Magico as well...

While this isn't entirely true think of WSJ as the free to air airing, the TOC for anything outside of the big guns as tv ratings for late night anime shows... and the dvd/bd sales = manga volume sales. The most props I've ever got on Mangahelpers was when I ridiculed why people thought Mago was in danger of being canceled after being in the bottom 5 for 3 weeks (oh no!) Like Shuiesha are going to cancel a top 10 selling manga property from 2010 so they can insert another dud that can't break 30k. Mago like Medaka appeals to people outside the typical Jump audience anyway so they won't dominate rankings, Mago just had the really purple patch for a while...
Thanks for that. Medaka will survive until the end. I hope Enigma does succeed though, it looks like it will be getting into a battle manga phase soon, or something like a battle-mystery hybrid. It will make a good anime.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 15:59   Link #3671
zeando
maybenotimome

aqv, use spoilers please, the released scans are only up to 95
now, probably most here read raws so that's not much of a damage >.>
but if possible let's try to continue following the rules :/
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 16:01   Link #3672
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Well I guess I never shook the stuck in a rut association off because I always saw it as being a pretty mediocre series to begin with.

All the better for its continued success then.

:F

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 00:59   Link #3673
summers

New Chapter is out. and I have to say. Kumagawa is a fucking boss.
This gives credence to zens statement about how,he was weaker than everyone else making him stronger than everyone else.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:54   Link #3674
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
I said doomed to cancellation, it's always been hovering the bottom five slots hasn't it? That's been proven more then enough times as this point.
That will be doomed to cancellation until the manga finish !
Mark my words !
And i remember the post who said that like 80 chapters ago ...
That take a awful lot of time to cancel Medaka Box ?

Anyways, good chapter 96 : badass Aizen pervert.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:04   Link #3675
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Are all those 5 successors Not-Equals?

This is confusing....unless Ajimu lied about only 1 of them being Not-Equal.
Yet Kumagawa wiped the floor with them.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:34   Link #3676
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

Well... yeah she lied. Or maybe she didn't, they all see themselves as one after all, so technically it's not incorrect.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:35   Link #3677
Soji

Good news about the anime.
Now I just want to see what will think of this news the Heater of Medaka box that said that it would be cancel.
I have to admit I loved this ch and Kumagawa has proven to be the same but to the right side. I must say that I prefer this one to the old Kumagawa.
In any case, even if it dont appeared during this ch,now I'm even more curious why Najimi is also interested in Zen or better yet what has Zen that attracted Najimi interest in the first place.
I meant that thanks to this ch we found that it is something quite exceptional to attract her interest.
Just look at the comments of these five girl, and I must say I can understand about Kumagawa and Medaka but why also Zen? Seriously I hope that the author give us the answer about this during this arc.
Also I wonder why Hitomi sensei dont want that think Zen about Najimi when Kumagawa talk abouth her during the struggle with Mukea.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-05-31 at 14:51.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:50   Link #3678
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Well... yeah she lied. Or maybe she didn't, they all see themselves as one after all, so technically it's not incorrect.
Well... about that:
Spoiler for Chapter 97:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:55   Link #3679
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
this manga actually turned out to be the 4th wall breaking type. And i have to say i like the train of though right there.
IN YOUR FACE BAKUMAN, IT DIDN'T TURN INTO A MAINSTREAM SHOUNEN BATTLE MANGA!!! :PPP
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 18:39   Link #3680
Soji

Ch 100 raw it's out .
Spoiler for ch 100:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council