AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 13:35   Link #20601
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by alavon View Post
[believe it or not, i was seriously thinking of making that knight snap...

Maybe i'll do it as an omake?
Do it! Do it! Do it!

EDIT: Pageclaim for snapping!
Old 2009-12-07, 13:40   Link #20602
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
I know I shouldn't post too much of my fic before its done, but I just can't help it.

Have some happy Christmas fun teasers this si going to be a really fun fic to write
Spoiler for Another Nanoha Christmas Story:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 13:51   Link #20603
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Yuuno's more female that Syn."

... ouch.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:57   Link #20604
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
@Satashi: Haha, poor Chrono. Funny you should have Nanoha say that one line, though, considering I was just about to post this:

Ok folks, so here I am with what could possibly be my final Vivio/Yuuno fic. Well, there's the lemon, but that takes place during this fic. I haven't started it yet and might wait until I'm in a more comfortable place to do so.

As usual, this fic includes a helping of NanoFate too, but this time there's also Rio/OC and Corona/OC.

Spoiler for The Big Step:

Spoiler for Notes:
Old 2009-12-07, 14:14   Link #20605
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Also, we need more adult form Vivio with her hair down. I tend to prefer natural looks.
Spoiler for Thanks to Angel:
Old 2009-12-07, 14:48   Link #20606
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
@Satashi: Haha, poor Chrono. Funny you should have Nanoha say that one line, though, considering I was just about to post this:

Ok folks, so here I am with what could possibly be my final Vivio/Yuuno fic. Well, there's the lemon, but that takes place during this fic. I haven't started it yet and might wait until I'm in a more comfortable place to do so.

As usual, this fic includes a helping of NanoFate too, but this time there's also Rio/OC and Corona/OC.

Spoiler for Notes:
I'm not going to lie, the fic itself is pretty good, but I think it would have worked better if you'd written a few fics focused on Vivio and Yuuno as a couple before you took them this far. From what I remember you only wrote the "getting together" story and "Misstep" for Vivio's concerns over the relationship, but that's it. You gave the readers a foundation for the pairing, but not much of a buildup for how they work as a couple, which would have made this fic a much better read because the reader would have had a chance to see how much Vivio and Yuuno love each other and would have appreciated them taking that last step even more. As it is now, it feels like a major disconnection from the first two you wrote to this one.
Old 2009-12-07, 15:08   Link #20607
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm not going to lie, the fic itself is pretty good, but I think it would have worked better if you'd written a few fics focused on Vivio and Yuuno as a couple before you took them this far. From what I remember you only wrote the "getting together" story and "Misstep" for Vivio's concerns over the relationship, but that's it. You gave the readers a foundation for the pairing, but not much of a buildup for how they work as a couple, which would have made this fic a much better read because the reader would have had a chance to see how much Vivio and Yuuno love each other and would have appreciated them taking that last step even more. As it is now, it feels like a major disconnection from the first two you wrote to this one.
You missed One Step at a Time
Old 2009-12-07, 15:12   Link #20608
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Aww, poor Chrono. I gotta get my short done soon.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:12   Link #20609
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
You missed One Step at a Time
I read it and totally forgot about it, my bad. But I still feel like there's a huge gap between what you wrote here and the three fics you wrote prior to it, so I'm left scratching my head going "... That's it?" at the end of the one-shot. It probably doesn't help that you introduced two OCs with only a little bit of background and didn't develop them all that much other then "they're the boyfriends of Lio and Corona".
Old 2009-12-07, 15:30   Link #20610
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well, I certainly see where you're coming from, but it might be something beyond my ability to fix... I mean, One Step at a Time was meant to be the fic that shows how they get along as a couple but I guess it didn't do that great a job. Other than that all I could think to do is showing them working in the library together, but that wouldn't be very long and would get repetative. I pretty much covered it in the omake of the first fic anyways

Show a date? That would probably be rather boring, as I would just use the same stock occurences I've used in all my other date fics... So I think I'm kinda stuck...

As for the OCs, well, I attempted to develop them a bit so they just wouldn't be stock boyfriend characters. I could have easily just said they were there and not have them do anything.
Old 2009-12-07, 15:48   Link #20611
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Then why not do a holiday fic? Halloween, Christmas, even Thanksgiving? Why not a fic where Yuuno meets Shiro and Momoko, or has a talk with Lindy and Chrono? I'm sure they had plenty to say about his dating Vivio, and it would be a good chance to develop things from his side. Most of what you write tends to focus more on Vivio (not that I'm any better; most of my ViCia fics are usually told from Lutecia's POV!).

But even then, though, the OCs don't feel developed. No offense, but Honda comes across as a little too perfect and Corona seems just a little too desperate to follow him; it wouldn't seem this way if you focused on the details of them, too, by writing other fics. And you claim that Lio and Ryuu had a rivalry, but other than their playful bickering here, we don't see much of it. Why were they rivals? Over what? Did they get into an argument when they first met and then that started it? When did Ryuu start liking Lio, and why? When did Lio start liking him back?

I'm not saying it's a bad fic. It really isn't. These are just things that bugged me when I first read through it, because some of it felt like it came out of nowhere.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:16   Link #20612
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well, at the moment I can't really think of a way those confrontations could play out so they wouldn't just be a rehash of the Nanoha and Fate controntation. Yuuno's already stated his reasons for being with Vivio, so I would just be repeating myself.

I do have an idea for a scene, but it's just that: a scene. It wouldn't be long enough nor would it be the basis of a full fic. I guess I could try for something with an actual plot rather than just romance...

I certainly won't get much thinking done right now, though. Stayed up to 3 am writing that one, so as you can imagine I'm currently dead on my feet.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:19   Link #20613
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Why not develop sidestories focused on your pairings for Lio and Corona, with some Yuuno/Vivio on the side to show that it's part of your series? Like maybe the girls go to Vivio for advice or something? Because currently Ryuu feels like a sterotypical "when a jerk loves a tsundere" and Honda gives me some incredibly creepy possessive-boyfriend vibes.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:30   Link #20614
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Spoiler for My Own Blindness:
Old 2009-12-07, 17:03   Link #20615
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Spoiler for My Own Blindness:
Very well written. I assume this takes place after he shot Laguna in the eye?
Old 2009-12-07, 17:18   Link #20616
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
The Big Step"
The first part at water park got boring really fast. I don't like OCs, but these two seemed... Like slam in your face "I should know these people but I don't" so I'm wondering if you wrote something to introduce them somewhere that I didn't read.

Anyway, I skipped to "the good part" with Vivio and Yuuno. My feelings here are mixed. First, I wonder how long they have been dating (If you mentioned that in a part I skipped, that's fine) but if it wasn't mentioned, then this seems a little rushed. This is a one shot in your universe right? Make sure the readers know that otherwise it does seem rushed.

A few disagreements also. Yuuno asking her to move in before they even had sex? I know you're old fashioned and all, but in this day and age, that's really unheard of. It's not logical either, as you need to spend a lot of time with someone at your house to really ask someone to live with them. Plus you said Yuuno's house was basically vacant because he was never there. That would make Vivio alone most of the time at night when Yuuno works late and such. It just seems "Hey, I'm never home so if you want to crash here you can" kind of thing rather than a "Lets live together" deal.

Again, maybe its just me but asking someone to live with you before having sex... I'm just unable to grasp that at all. Living together is like "You can't live together until you're married" and "You can't have sex until your married" and all of a sudden Vivio agrees to live with him BEFORE they have sex or get married. You're very inconsistent with your views here. Specially since Vivio's only been there twice? good god man @_@

Lesse, what else... *scrolls back* The conversation with Fate seemed too stereotypical and general. Like I didn't really feel as if it were FATE talking to Vivio. Also I think Fate took it a little too easily. Not in the "NO YOU CAN'T" category but more of.... I see Fate not trying to talk Vivio out of it but being more firm in the fact that Vivio is rushing things. I mean your daughter comes home in the morning after not telling them where she was, then finding out she slept with her boyfriend, then finding out she's moving in with him, after they've been dating for, what, a few months? slow down Vivio! Fate would polity tell her it is a mistake to rush so fast and to try and guide her into making the right choice "taking it a little slower". I think Fate would suggest staying with him more but not moving in. Ever heard the term "don't move in together until more than 1/3rd of your clothes are at your lover's" ..or did I just make that up? anyway, see my point?

Nanoha/Yuuno time!

Same dead as with Fate. Nanoha is taking this WAY too easily. Vivio is making a mistake rushing into all of this (and I think Yuuno made a mistake asking her to). I think Nanoha would be more firm in stating that they're rushing and would ask Yuuno, as her best friend, to give her daughter some time. Not space, but time. Vivio's young, in love, thinks she knows exactly what she wants, but she's diving head first into a "married style" relationship with someone she's only been dating for a short time.

I beleive I'm repeating my point here, but from both parent's views. I'll stop there, sorry.

The fic wasn't all bad in my eyes (I don't mean that as an insult!). I loved Vivio's "oops" when asked about a condom. Plus Vivio saying too much about it to Fate was both IC in my opinion as well as cute. I do think that their first time would probably be clumsy. Yuuno would have a condom but it'd go a little like this:

Vivio: wa...wait...Yuuno-san... we need a condom...
Yuuno: I have one... (left over from high school....)
Vivio: Oh...okay...*awkward shifting* here.. I'll put it on...
Yuuno: Okay...
Vivio:....uh...uh oh.
Yuuno: What...?
Vivio: I kind of... broke it.
*awkward silence*
Yuuno:Keep going?
Vivio: Keep going.

Anyway, as a whole it was okay. Your writing style didn't seem to hit any snags. I didn't notice anything that really stood out that needed to be fixing grammar wise. I guess what I'm trying to say here is you wrote it well, I just don't agree with what you wrote, if that makes sense.
Old 2009-12-07, 17:42   Link #20617
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Hmm theres a lot of people writing about happy little stories...maybe I should come up with something dark and evil, full of desperation and sadness to counter act all of it. After all the balance in the Force must not be broken mwahahaha!!!

*stabbed, clubbed, sprayed with holy water, staked through the heart...then shot*

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:43   Link #20618
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:

Spoiler for Notes:

7.5 out of 10, 00-Raiser.

Since I love the idea of Vivio/Yuuno pair, I'm actually with RB and Satashi on this one; their relationship seemed rushed. And both Fate and Nanoha could not have accepted it so easily...

Yes, Vivio is 18 and of age but because they didn't have enough "screen time" as a couple, I realized that I really don't know anything about the couple. The last thing I had in mind before reading this was, "OMG! Yuuno is still a virgin" to "OMG! They are no longer virgins!" Quite a big step (no pun intended). When I agreed that you should write the "lemon", I thought it would be plausible for it to work out nicely but I was wrong; I just didn't see Yuuno and Vivio *really* develop as a couple for them to take that step. Sorry.

You should definitely write more fics about how ViVio and Yuuno went from point A to point Z and not from point A, and Point F, and then to finally point Z. What about the other letters?

I am really looking forward to knowing more about one of my favorite couple. And if I have to sacrifice reading "Rise of the Deamon Kaiser" and "Remembrance" for a good Yuuno/Vivio fic, than so be it.

Write fmore Yuuno/Vivio fics that shows Yuuno and Vivio developing as a couple.

BUT I REALLY LIKED THE ENDING!!!
XD XD XD XD XD!!!!!!! And the "Oops..."...I foresee Yuuno being Starlight Breaked into Oblivion by Nanoha-mama...

YUUNO: Please, Nanoha! Calm down! *cowers behind Vivio*
NANOHA: YOU MUST DIIIIIE!!!!
FATE: *sighs* There goes our chances of having grandchildren...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:46   Link #20619
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Well, I certainly see where you're coming from, but it might be something beyond my ability to fix... I mean, One Step at a Time was meant to be the fic that shows how they get along as a couple but I guess it didn't do that great a job. Other than that all I could think to do is showing them working in the library together, but that wouldn't be very long and would get repetative. I pretty much covered it in the omake of the first fic anyways

Show a date? That would probably be rather boring, as I would just use the same stock occurences I've used in all my other date fics... So I think I'm kinda stuck...

As for the OCs, well, I attempted to develop them a bit so they just wouldn't be stock boyfriend characters. I could have easily just said they were there and not have them do anything.
Just as a thought, as I tend to watch romantic comedies a lot, so tossing this out there to think on...

Manga/anime toss in a heaping of other stuff that happens. They help other people, or something strange comes to town, etc. A lot of other chapters/episodes focus on the other characters, too. When you're focusing solely on a relationship, yeah, it gets hard to bring up stuff. That's why you gotta merge it with other stuff going on to really develop it.

And you have to take things slowly if you wanna stretch it. Yuuno and Vivio basically started dating in your first fic, I believe, unless I missed something. Some initial fics where one or the other takes interest, but is afraid to say something, and initiates plans to get closer. Then perhaps fear of letting someone like Nanoha know. Misunderstandings, etc.

This gives your couple a chance to learn via other events, perhaps have their disagreements and then come back and apologize or something. Plot, tension, issues, all serve to make the eventual romance more fulfilling. Of course, some like Ranma 1/2 make little to no progress by the end, so you have to be careful of that, too.

You might try tossing in some other stories along in this vein. Someone getting injured, or kidnapped with the other person the only who is in a position to do a rescue. Rivals that come in seeking affection, or just inane comedy to help spice things up. Try watching some romantic comedies and take note of how the writer creates stories that ultimately somehow relate to the couple at the end, or force them to develop just a bit further.

That's one of the reasons I stick with adventure mainly, as I can write romance in as a subplot while giving the characters chances to develop along the main story. I'll also be progressing some character's relationships in Red Jewel Diaries.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. Take what you find useful(if anything) and discard the rest. =)
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:48   Link #20620
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Hmm theres a lot of people writing about happy little stories...maybe I should come up with something dark and evil, full of desperation and sadness to counter act all of it. After all the balance in the Force must not be broken mwahahaha!!!

*stabbed, clubbed, sprayed with holy water, staked through the heart...then shot*
Read Tempest's Gospel found in his sig space and my Walla shorts, that should set you up for some darkness.

Although more dark is always welcome, it's needed.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha