Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-29, 20:55   Link #221
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
I was just commenting on the absolute absurdity that bleach is still alive as a manga. I'm also saying that if there was a time skip, it would skip over any arc about to happen because everything that happens in bleach is at a seemingly breakneck speed... I'm confusing myself. What I want to say is that don't like bleach and wish it would end

Back to One Piece. Anyone think that we'll see the wanted posters fly by with the new bounties again? I am eager to see random people reading the wanted posters and then seeing the Strawhats walking by.
You are to Bleach as I am Naruto

Yea I can't wait to see that high bounty
Old 2010-09-29, 21:06   Link #222
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

@james0246: "Presumed dead"? You sure? He showed up quite well at Marine HQ after the Whitebeard Battle and rang the bell 12 times. The Marines should be aware that he was alive, and simply staying low. Another point is that they were aware that he was in league with Rayleigh after the bell ringing, and they spoke about him as if he was alive.

I'm sure that shortly after that, before they began to suspect the crew members of having vanished, they would have issued new bounties.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:10   Link #223
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, since he was pressumed dead, his bounty probably stayed as is...
Garp knows he is alive and heck yea they know he was alive aftaer the bell was rung the said he was in a league with Raleigh. Garp defiantly knows he is alive. He only mourned Ace's death and not Luffy am I correct
Old 2010-09-29, 21:19   Link #224
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

He's presumed dead because there hasn't been a peep out of him for two years straight. It's only now that these fakes have decided it's safe to cash in on the name.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:21   Link #225
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He's presumed dead because there hasn't been a peep out of him for two years straight. It's only now that these fakes have decided it's safe to cash in on the name.
Um it wouldn't work if the new he was actually dead and in hiding
Old 2010-09-29, 21:22   Link #226
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
@james0246: "Presumed dead"? You sure? He showed up quite well at Marine HQ after the Whitebeard Battle and rang the bell 12 times. The Marines should be aware that he was alive, and simply staying low. Another point is that they were aware that he was in league with Rayleigh after the bell ringing, and they spoke about him as if he was alive.

I'm sure that shortly after that, before they began to suspect the crew members of having vanished, they would have issued new bounties.
The spoilers clearly mention that Marine Headquarters thought Luffy was dead.

Here's the line from Aohige’s translation:
Quote:
Marine officer: Contact the HQ! If he really is alive, this is a grieve situation!! Gather the forces immediately!
You don't just disappear for 2 years, especially as a pirate, without people starting to think you have died. Hell, the whole reason there are Fake-Strawhats is because the pirates think the real Luffy and company are dead (the fake-Sanji and Fake-Zoro deliberately mention this when talking about Chopper).

So yes, Luffy and his crew were presumed dead. Consequently I doubt there was any change to their bounties, though they could be updated at the end of this reintroduction arc…
Old 2010-09-29, 21:23   Link #227
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Yes that rookie you know the one that beat 2 Shichibukai, broke into the judicial island, survived a buster call, was responsible for the island's destruction, punched a tenryubito, befriended dark king rayleigh, survived an attack from pacifistas, kizaru and sentomaru, broke into and out of impel down letting out a whole bunch of prisoners, broke into marineford twice, allied with red-haired shanks and the whitebeard pirates and is the son of the most dangerous man in the world.

Yes that rookie, if anyone calls Luffy a rookie they deserve an armour haki gigante jet gomu gomu no bitch slap
though all those incidents would make him noteable and increase his bounty, he still is a rookie until hes proven himself to the world in the new world - having said that the amount of time that has passed mite make him an old rookie rather then a fresh rookie, so i would be expecting them to refer to him as that rookie from 2 years ago.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:24   Link #228
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Um it wouldn't work if the new he was actually dead and in hiding
No one knows how Luffy supposedly died. They only figure him for dead. These fakes figure that a supposedly dead guy's rep is easy pickings.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:25   Link #229
Wrath88
Kissing...

The funny thing is, what exactly do they stand to gain from cashing in on the reputation? They're more likely to bring the wrath of the Marines down on them rather than scaring people in giving them money
Old 2010-09-29, 21:33   Link #230
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

What the guy hopes to get out of it is the loyalty of a powerful and large crew which will better protect him in the New World or from anything else. The rep alone will discourage most people from going after his head, too.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:44   Link #231
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

The wait is killing me. I almost want to go find the raws, but that would mean I've waited all this time for nothing.

I can't let my efforts to stay pure be in vain.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:52   Link #232
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
No one knows how Luffy supposedly died. They only figure him for dead. These fakes figure that a supposedly dead guy's rep is easy pickings.
*Shit messed up post* Sorry id they new Luffy was alive and in hidding. As they said when the marines said that Luffy is on Raligeh's level now

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-29 at 22:01. Reason: Please do not discuss when scanlations will be released...
Old 2010-09-29, 22:01   Link #233
james0246

Please do not discuss when scanlations will be released.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:13   Link #234
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
*Shit messed up post* Sorry id they new Luffy was alive and in hidding. As they said when the marines said that Luffy is on Raligeh's level now
I still do not understand what you're trying to get at. They think he's dead. It's been two years with nary a peep from Luffy.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:15   Link #235
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
The wait is killing me. I almost want to go find the raws, but that would mean I've waited all this time for nothing.

I can't let my efforts to stay pure be in vain.
be patient my friends, your effort should not be in vain....may God save us all...

GHyyaaaah...

For the bounty head for the strawhats I think with the way they are now they wouldn't even care about their bounty... except for chopper maybe... they are more mature and more focused right now... the bounty would only be a fan service... to keep us curious... hahaaaa...
Old 2010-09-29, 23:08   Link #236
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

well now that they know he's alive his bounty should be raised if not already from his past actions.
Old 2010-09-29, 23:31   Link #237
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I hope Zoro didn't lose an arm and an eye.
Old 2010-09-29, 23:34   Link #238
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
I still do not understand what you're trying to get at. They think he's dead. It's been two years with nary a peep from Luffy.
What are you talking about they don't think he's dead. After Luffy rang the bell the new then he was alive they even started saying that he was in the leagues with ralegh
Old 2010-09-29, 23:41   Link #239
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

YESSSSS Nami with long hair and more bresticular fortitude!!-Just as I predicted!!

Carry on fellows.
Old 2010-09-29, 23:41   Link #240
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
What are you talking about they don't think he's dead. After Luffy rang the bell the new then he was alive they even started saying that he was in the leagues with ralegh
And again, it's been two years. You seem to keep missing this. Luffy vanished for two years. They figured him for dead. There's nothing more to it. Stop trying to complicate it with "they saw him here" and such. It's no longer relevant.